Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,906 comments
Okay, there's the XJ220S. I'm happy to see that one of those cars is the older Lotus Esprit that was added in FH4 in the 007 pack, can't wait to have that back. There's some goodies shown there, the return of the FTO GP Version R, that Subaru WRX Rally Car, the Aventador SVJ, Ford GTX-1, that 911 Sport Classic, the return of the Del Sol, Jaguar XJ13, and was that a Schuppan 962?!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the XJ220S was in the Forzathon shop during pre-load launch times? I havent really checked the car list, not sure if it has been removed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the XJ220S was in the Forzathon shop during pre-load launch times? I havent really checked the car list, not sure if it has been removed.
It was a picture of XJ220S but the name on the Forzathon shop button called it XJ220, the one that locked behind wheelspin during the month old live stream.

I think early access was the same picture too.

Last edited:
I have some problems with My Xbox wireless controller. It keeps disconnecting from my system at some very critical situations while gaming. Also, the system 'suddenly' comes on even though i didn't activate it. At first I thought it might be interference, I live in an apartment complex in a central part of my town. But I think it might be that a neighbors Xbox might be 'paired' to mine and vice versa. anybody got any advice? is this an issue with wireless controllers? This is why I never wanted to go wireless. But I cant find "wired" controllers anymore. Do I have to go knocking on my neighbors doors?

I have some problems with My Xbox wireless controller. It keeps disconnecting from my system at some very critical situations while gaming. Also, the system 'suddenly' comes on even though i didn't activate it. At first I thought it might be interference, I live in an apartment complex in a central part of my town. But I think it might be that a neighbors Xbox might be 'paired' to mine and vice versa. anybody got any advice? is this an issue with wireless controllers? This is why I never wanted to go wireless. But I cant find "wired" controllers anymore. Do I have to go knocking on my neighbors doors?
As far as I know, unless you paired the controller to your Xbox yourself, there is no way for your neighbor's controller to pair to your console.

I have two Xbox Ones in my house, mine and my daughter's, ours work normally without this issue. Is your Xbox set to instant on? I think that powers the system on if there is an update but I might be mistaken on that since I don't use that feature.

Maybe check for an update on your controller.

Last edited:
As far as I know, unless you paired the controller to your Xbox yourself, there is no way for your neighbor's controller to pair to your console.

I have two Xbox Ones in my house, mine and my daughter's, ours work normally without this issue. Is your Xbox set to instant on? I think that powers the system on if there is an update but I might be mistaken on that since I don't use that feature.

Maybe check for an update on your controller.
A lot of times when racing, my controller disconnects, giving me the message, "please reconnect controller". It's not so big of an issues if I'm just racing alone. But in online and co-op racing it kills me. I was just in the co-op about to place and win for once, when it disconnected on the home stretch, I finished in last and my team failed to beat the drivatar team. This is the 2nd time since getting this game FH5 that it's happened. Disconnects happen in 'spurts' where it just keeps happening over and over. I just have the back plate removed for easy access to the batteries, so I can just pop em out and in and reconnect.

Unbeatable' Drivatars will lose their physics-defying abilities with a new AI system currently being tested internally"
https://drivetribe.com/p/forza-horizon-developers-to-sort-LfTur2zTSY-Ip-E0qkXvEg?iid=SuraNYGGRna5HNc5wghAXQ
That was written three years ago. Another broken promise.

Literally from the same Reddit thread you posted:

"This was said by Turn 10, about the next Forza Motorsport. The article mistakenly mentioned Horizon in the title."

The devs also know that the game's rubber banding is also pretty bad (albeit labeled under drag racing, but they know regardless) under the Known Issues page on the Forza site, so I don't know how they can break another promise. But whatever.

A lot of times when racing, my controller disconnects, giving me the message, "please reconnect controller". It's not so big of an issues if I'm just racing alone. But in online and co-op racing it kills me. I was just in the co-op about to place and win for once, when it disconnected on the home stretch, I finished in last and my team failed to beat the drivatar team. This is the 2nd time since getting this game FH5 that it's happened. Disconnects happen in 'spurts' where it just keeps happening over and over. I just have the back plate removed for easy access to the batteries, so I can just pop em out and in and reconnect.
Might just be an issue where the battery connection points in your controller are not very good. If you check your batteries, are they tightly connected inside the controller?

Have you fully "updated" the controller to the latest software...

Performed a full system shutdown by holding the power button until the console turns off.

Tried another controller (if possible) to see if one has a fault.

Last edited:
Have you fully "updated" the controller to the latest software...

Performed a full system shutdown by holding the power button until the console turns off.

Tried another controller (if possible) to see if one has a fault.
Ill Try an old controller. I buy new ones once the joystick action wears out. But I dont remember it happeneing as much on the other controllers. The answers to the other questions, yes and yes. Thanks

Anyone having trouble with the game freezing/locking up and need a force shutdown every now and then?

It mostly happens during longer races or blueprint making. Playing on PC with Xbox One controller.

Anyone having trouble with the game freezing/locking up and need a force shutdown every now and then?

It mostly happens during longer races or blueprint making. Playing on PC with Xbox One controller.
No lockups, but I was having some odd issues with my graphics card "rebooting" itself at odd times like the game was trying to crash. Updating to the newest drivers cured that though, so if you haven't done that in a while I would recommend doing so and see if it helps the issue.

No lockups, but I was having some odd issues with my graphics card "rebooting" itself at odd times like the game was trying to crash. Updating to the newest drivers cured that though, so if you haven't done that in a while I would recommend doing so and see if it helps the issue.
Havent had the graphics card rebooting, yet. But yeah, all drivers are updated to the newest ones and all other games works fine.

Nah, it's the game and it's a known issue, just google "please reconnect controller fh5". I had my controller just stop working in the middle of a Forzathon today. Had to pop the batteries out and back in to reconnect and played for another hour.

FH5 looks amazing, plays well, full of content and I'm already bored. I have no motivation for all these playground events, and I just don't care if I'll miss some exclusive cars. The lack of progression is probably one the reasons.

It's happened to me but not very often. Maybe 3 times in 100+ hours.

Started grinding out SP through either the Hoonigan Mustang w/ its x8 multiplier skill chain or through a 1-2 farming races, and then spending them through Firebirds to get super wheel spins. Kind of an amusing way of "gambling" to see what cars I can get even though I have around 9 million cr. Found myself gaining interest in modifying a car to my liking, then looking for spots to do photos which in turn, looks like I get some rewards/accolades for doing.

The only thing that irks me is that the Forza upload system has a tendency to underexpose my photos once I pull them from their website. I've seen others mention they prefer to use the screenshot feature through the Xbox, so I'll have to give that a go.

Looks like we've got another video composed of FH5-styled thumbnails for a lot of FH4 cars and more new-to-Forza cars:

Interesting finds here include:
  • 1962 Lincoln Continental
  • 2006 Ford GTX1
  • 1964 Porsche 904 Carrera GTS
  • 1985 Nissan Safari Turbo

The OP claims that some guy in one of the Discord servers he is in sent these thumbnails from the FH5 files.

Really hope the Safari does actually come back, was so weird it was added in Motorsport 7 but not Horizon 4.

It did it again. The game did not save the last few hours of my game play from last night. I bought all the available clothes from custom characterization to remove them from wheelspin. I ground for about 500 skill points. I ground for 400 Forzathon Points so I could get the Honda GRC in the Forzathon Shop. I won a Porsche 968 and a Ford Anglia that I built into a little racer. I bought a Lamborghini Diablo and mined the GTR from its skill tree. All of it is gone. I’m not just yanking the power cord when I’m done for the night. I shut the game down properly. Then I shut the console down properly. Only then do I unplug the power cord. I just don’t know.

Started grinding out SP through either the Hoonigan Mustang w/ its x8 multiplier skill chain or through a 1-2 farming races, and then spending them through Firebirds to get super wheel spins. Kind of an amusing way of "gambling" to see what cars I can get even though I have around 9 million cr. Found myself gaining interest in modifying a car to my liking, then looking for spots to do photos which in turn, looks like I get some rewards/accolades for doing.

The only thing that irks me is that the Forza upload system has a tendency to underexpose my photos once I pull them from their website. I've seen others mention they prefer to use the screenshot feature through the Xbox, so I'll have to give that a go.
It'll still happen similarly through the screenshot service on Xbox. Just to test my settings I'll take a photo using the default settings and then try to match the color and brightness through my monitor after that. Usually something I have to get going at the release of each new game.

It did it again. The game did not save the last few hours of my game play from last night. I bought all the available clothes from custom characterization to remove them from wheelspin. I ground for about 500 skill points. I ground for 400 Forzathon Points so I could get the Honda GRC in the Forzathon Shop. I won a Porsche 968 and a Ford Anglia that I built into a little racer. I bought a Lamborghini Diablo and mined the GTR from its skill tree. All of it is gone. I’m not just yanking the power cord when I’m done for the night. I shut the game down properly. Then I shut the console down properly. Only then do I unplug the power cord. I just don’t know.
It happened to me several times. What I'm doing now is playing for 2h than quit the game and start again. I never switch between solo and live more than once during sessions. And always end the game after exit from Festival/house. Yeah, some crazy ritual but I never got any progress issues after that. And I had lost a lot of grind too. I't so annoying. Maybe try my method, but I can't guarantee anything. The strange thing is that the first save sinc is quick as usual. Uff...

I did not know that was possible lol. How many credits that cost?
About 3 or 4 million credits. But it’s worth it. It does leave emotes and horns, but you get more cars and money from wheelspins as well.

It happened to me several times. What I'm doing now is playing for 2h than quit the game and start again. I never switch between solo and live more than once during sessions. And always end the game after exit from Festival/house. Yeah, some crazy ritual but I never got any progress issues after that. And I had lost a lot of grind too. I't so annoying. Maybe try my method, but I can't guarantee anything. The strange thing is that the first save sinc is quick as usual. Uff...
Those are some good ideas. I should set up a counter and quit every two hours. I always quit from my house, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Last edited:
Might be safer to do that every night. That's what I've been doing ever since I got the OneX a coupla years ago and I've never had any problems - plus it's putting less stress on the console, thought I read somewhere that not turning off properly your console (if you're not using Energy Saving or smth) then yanking the power chord might kill your drive in the long run.
Or I'm just talking crap lol.

x8 Multiplier, "10 p" is for its cost.
But i didn't see another x8 for this perk yet (K' covers 28,7% of all Mastery Grids so far)
BTW, the variety of perks tree is higher than it is in Forza 4 (61 grids for all cars Vs 80 an counting)
I had a feeling there was more variety in the perks trees this time. Plus the addition of FPs in the trees gives them another variable to put into the mix.

Now get back to it and get the other 71.3% finished. No slacking allowed 😂

PS Thank you for fixing the formatting on FH4 and the other car pages on K' when I referred it to you. At least your hotfix worked! (still don't have the P1 award...)

I've been absolutely loving Horizon 5, pretty much been playing it nonstop since launch and have somehow made it into the top 30,000 in the Hall of Fame. I don't have many complaints about the game but my biggest gripe has to be Horizon Arcade.

By God, I've played in over 30 at this point and I think I've won maybe 5. There's never enough players to finish the tasks in 10 minutes, and even when there are enough players, the tasks don't function properly and we still lose.

I've been trying so hard to complete the Unlimited Prowess accolade, where you complete round 3 in all 5 types of Arcade (Drift, Speed, Air, Wreckage, and Chaos) and you unlock the Funco Motorsports F9, an otherwise wheelspin only car. The ONLY one I've yet to finish is Chaos, because that one feels borderline unwinnable even in the best scenario. It's the mini missions that are the true culprit. Half the time the missions you get don't register what you're doing and you don't get any points, and the other half the time you're waiting for the missions to show up since they cycle through so slowly.

TL;DR, I can't win my beloved Funco F9 because Horizon Arcade is not good, but I love this game, rant over.

So I'm in the process of giving all the cars I have the correct gear ratios, or at least on the cars the game allows. The '17 Ford GT is practically spot on with everything but the 7th gear (which is wrong) rounded up one.

That's so cool to me. :lol:

Back