Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,906 comments
If I can be completely honest? I don't mind the Airfield drift method - it helps that the changes to the physics make drifting actually enjoyable now, alongside the change to tire smoke that makes it much more visceral compared to the little white farts from the tires in FH4.

If anything, it gives me a chance to catch up on podcasts.
Drifting is like Marmite is for us Brits. Some people love it and others don't.

For me, the only way I was able to complete the Drift-Cho chapter of the Vocho story was by hammering the rewind button (an option that remains unavailable to regular drifters).

Last edited:
I had a feeling there was more variety in the perks trees this time. Plus the addition of FPs in the trees gives them another variable to put into the mix.

Now get back to it and get the other 71.3% finished. No slacking allowed 😂
I'm not the only one working on this. For the first time, and following requests by some users, i just gave access to my internal tools to assign and build Mastery Grids. Three other K' users are currently helping.

1637688136840.png
1637688238533.png
PS Thank you for fixing the formatting on FH4 and the other car pages on K' when I referred it to you. At least your hotfix worked! (still don't have the P1 award...)
Until i read this, i wasn't aware it was you by email!
served as a lesson to actually put some effort into the masteries and make them proportional to the rarity level of the car, which Playground have seemingly forgotten is a thing.
I don't know why they changed this nor if they did it on purpose. The link between a car rarity and its Mastery Grid applied to all the cars of FH4 at initial release of the game, but not after.

Last edited:
Just played probably one of the wildest race modes I've seen.

It was on the Playa Azul circuit and it was a "Points Race."

I'll let the description speak for itself:

"Standard Forza scoring(20, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) applies for every lap, with the first driver to score 100 points being the winner. A torque boost is awarded for every lap completed and a torque penalty applied for every point scored."

It was a custom setup race and I really want to know the rules applied so I can mimic it for other maps. Basically it turns into a game of how you can net 100 points faster than everyone else while also having a car that is consistently getting slower and slower and it's really, really fascinating.

Share Code is : 142 032 333
That's some Maxx Bantz level stuff. :lol:

Definitely proof of the rule editor's power. I should probably dive into the Event Lab... But I am afraid of how long it's going to take me to figure out everything. And the fact that we can't edit a project or save a draft doesn't help.

Last edited:
I wonder why they call it afk. Must be a legacy term as Xboxes don't have keyboards. Afj would be more accurate. Or maybe afc but that would possibly confuse fans of English football.
For a lot of the time Arsenal appear to be Away from Cups 🤣

Last edited:
I redid everything to get the FP to get the GRC Civic in the Forzathon Shop. It looks like shutting the game down every couple hours is doing the trick. It's been remembering everything I did in the previous session. Looks like the Civic is going to stick this time. Still, I'll be glad when they fix the Arcade and I don't have to go through this to save up FP anymore.

I've been absolutely loving Horizon 5, pretty much been playing it nonstop since launch and have somehow made it into the top 30,000 in the Hall of Fame. I don't have many complaints about the game but my biggest gripe has to be Horizon Arcade.

By God, I've played in over 30 at this point and I think I've won maybe 5. There's never enough players to finish the tasks in 10 minutes, and even when there are enough players, the tasks don't function properly and we still lose.

I've been trying so hard to complete the Unlimited Prowess accolade, where you complete round 3 in all 5 types of Arcade (Drift, Speed, Air, Wreckage, and Chaos) and you unlock the Funco Motorsports F9, an otherwise wheelspin only car. The ONLY one I've yet to finish is Chaos, because that one feels borderline unwinnable even in the best scenario. It's the mini missions that are the true culprit. Half the time the missions you get don't register what you're doing and you don't get any points, and the other half the time you're waiting for the missions to show up since they cycle through so slowly.

TL;DR, I can't win my beloved Funco F9 because Horizon Arcade is not good, but I love this game, rant over.
Update: have been playing since about 9:30 am and it's now 5 pm, 0 wins....

Every time I finally get into a Chaos arcade there just aren't enough people to do it.

I'm thinking the only way I can beat it is to convoy up with a dedicated group...so...anyone here game for another time?

For people who want to try a custom event/track.
I made A 37 KM fast sweeping route with Tracktoys with challenging AI.
Share code - 125 846 028

Please try and like if you like it.

Maybe I'm late to the party, but this week's Festival Playlist is a total gut-kick and I've resigned myself to not getting that Mugen Civic I've been itching to drive again. I don't know if I'm rusty or if the AI's really that nasty on these races, but it took me countless tries to even approach winning that Sports Utility Heroes cross-country series (I tied for first, which didn't award me the Festival points), the series where you race sports cars on semi-dirt tracks in a downpour was a nightmare, and I couldn't even manage the speed zone in like three different cars. This, despite the fact that in pretty much every weekly playlist in FH4 I could knock out just about every requirement with relative ease and nab seasonal rewards left and right. In FH5 my cars are all upgraded and tuned to the best of my abilities and yet I just keep getting annihilated. Is this game just that much harder now? I was wondering about all the gripes over janky cheater AI and it just seems like there might be something to it.

Maybe I'm late to the party, but this week's Festival Playlist is a total gut-kick and I've resigned myself to not getting that Mugen Civic I've been itching to drive again.
You can get the Mugen by doing solo stuff, I haven't done any of the championships yet and currently sit at 25 points.

...the series where you race sports cars on semi-dirt tracks in a downpour was a nightmare, and I couldn't even manage the speed zone in like three different cars.
For the Modern Sports Cars on dirt, I used a totally stock Audi TTS, and didn't have any issue with it, probably due to being one of the only AWD cars on the track. I don't think many of the AI cars got upgrades either, running at not much over 700 PI. For the speed zone I used a stock McLaren 720S Spider, going east to west. You can cut the grassy corners quite a lot, and the car is near the top of S1 already. I'd won both cars from wheelspins, but they're both in the Autoshow too.

The SUV races I did in the Jeep GC Trackhawk, but they were fairly closely fought, it's not great for it.

You can get the Mugen by doing solo stuff, I haven't done any of the championships yet and currently sit at 25 points.
Or failing that just keep an eye on the auction house, as I'm pretty sure the buyout price isn't going to be terribly outrageous and it doesn't really strike me as a hoarder's car. Presuming it doesn't have some insane meta-cheese quality that I'm not aware of, that is.

For the Modern Sports Cars on dirt, I used a totally stock Audi TTS, and didn't have any issue with it, probably due to being one of the only AWD cars on the track. I don't think many of the AI cars got upgrades either, running at not much over 700 PI.
A Ferrari 430 Scuderia can be downgraded into A class if you put offroad tires on it, since it technically loses a lot of grip (but is still better than most A class cars are on stock tires). Match it with a decently tuned rally suspension and mind the throttle when cornering, and it feels almost like a fat Stratos. The AI also tends to counter with mostly stock BMW i8's, but those are pretty hopeless in wet conditions it seems as they were getting nearly sideways on any corner that required more than gentle braking.

it took me countless tries to even approach winning that Sports Utility Heroes cross-country series
I did it with a stock F-Pace, using a few rewinds. Sometimes the same section I re did and it got vastly worse and had to rewind until I nailed it in order to ratchet up the order to get 1st so not an easy series of races. You can only catch on corners so can't slide too much and lose speed there or else you've had it.
I couldn't even manage the speed zone in like three different cars
I used the Ferrari 458 Italia with a popular tune with good handling in the list of suggestions, you want handling stat as much as possible, and acceleration, top speed doesn't matter here (someone here reccomended IgnJarams tune but I could not do it with that, tried over 10 times and was always a couple mph off). I did it going from west to east starting from the trailblazer gate building speed to around 140 before it starts. Hard braking for the first corner, cut the S as much as possible then flat out to recover enough speed before the final turn onto the bridge.

Last edited:

Every time I finally get into a Chaos arcade there just aren't enough people to do it.

I'm thinking the only way I can beat it is to convoy up with a dedicated group...so...anyone here game for another time?
Forzathon is fubar. I have managed to complete exactly one in 100+ hours. One way you can get FP is through the mastery tree of cars that give it.
Maybe I'm late to the party, but this week's Festival Playlist is a total gut-kick and I've resigned myself to not getting that Mugen Civic I've been itching to drive again. I don't know if I'm rusty or if the AI's really that nasty on these races, but it took me countless tries to even approach winning that Sports Utility Heroes cross-country series (I tied for first, which didn't award me the Festival points), the series where you race sports cars on semi-dirt tracks in a downpour was a nightmare, and I couldn't even manage the speed zone in like three different cars. This, despite the fact that in pretty much every weekly playlist in FH4 I could knock out just about every requirement with relative ease and nab seasonal rewards left and right. In FH5 my cars are all upgraded and tuned to the best of my abilities and yet I just keep getting annihilated. Is this game just that much harder now? I was wondering about all the gripes over janky cheater AI and it just seems like there might be something to it.
The speedzone was tough but I was able to get it with the McLaren 570s. One bit of advice I can give because it was what was messing me up is, it's average mph so don't concentrate so much on the last part of the trap so much as keeping your speed up in that part between the 2 curves. Smooth and fast through that part was the key to my getting it finally.

The 2011 X5 BMW was what helped me get the cross country series after trying a couple other cars.

I did it with a stock F-Pace, using a few rewinds. Sometimes the same section I re did and it got vastly worse and had to rewind until I nailed it in order to ratchet up the order to get 1st so not an easy series of races. You can only catch on corners so can't slide too much and lose speed there or else you've had it.
F-Pace stock tires are the worst.
I used them with my friends in the trials last week. We managed to win, but it was a disaster.
Probably F-Pace stock tires are classified as road tires. These tires gave no grip at all off road, it was like a mix match between a grip car and a drift car.

However, this car can be transformed into a beast that can easily win this championship by installing an off-road wide body kit and off-road tires.
This car is probably one of the best SUVs out there.

By the way, do NOT use the Jaguar I-Pace, although no one will use it.
This car has a fatal flaw. That is the fact that we can only select a single speed gearbox.
I recently tuned this car for CC. There is no problem with the suspension. However, it is impossible to solve the problem caused by this one speed gearbox.
This one-speed gearbox kills the EV's excellent torque characteristics, and doesn't give us any top speed either.
It is not impossible to beat the AI with this car, but it is much easier and more reliable to choose the ICE.

Forzathon is fubar. I have managed to complete exactly one in 100+ hours. One way you can get FP is through the mastery tree of cars that give it.
Yeah, but I'm moreso trying to win the Funco F9 from Arcade accolades than get Forzathon points. I loved that car in Horizon 4 but it's a rare car in Horizon 5, which is why I've been suffering trying to unlock it.

I'm pretty sure I did the rain sports car championship with the Lotus Exige I used for one of last week's challenges.

Which models?
I can't name all of them off the top of my head, but a lot of the Japanese cars have been recycled since the first and second FM games. It's also noticeable with cars from 2002-2006.

The main car that made me take notice of this again is the Ferrari F50GT. It looks exactly the same as the model from FM1. I did a little search online and it seems a few others have noticed this as well.

Last edited:

Last week when the Forzathon shop opened up, finally, there were a noticable uptick in participants. I would bet that there are a lot more people who want to spend FP in the shop as we get closer to the weekly end. I'll be game until about 5 more hours. I'm at 408 pts right now with nothing purchased yet

I can't name all of them off the top of my head, but a lot of the Japanese cars have been recycled since the first and second FM games. It's also noticeable with cars from 2002-2006.

The main car that made me take notice of this again is the Ferrari F50GT. It looks exactly the same as the model from FM1. I did a little search online and it seems a few others have noticed this as well.
One of the easier tells is to look into the main grilles on the bumpers of cars.

If they're completely black with no visible details it's a dead giveaway from being an ancient model.

Which models?
They are not exactly recycling, as they continue to make improvements.
To use an analogy, it's like continuing to improve the molds of plastic models.

However, since these models were not 3D scanned during the FM1 era, and some of the cars were produced without accurate documentation, they are certainly inferior to the post-FM3 models in terms of accuracy.
Here is the list.
  • 2001 Acura Integra
  • 2002 Acura RSX
  • 2003 Audi RS6
  • 1987 Buick GNX
  • 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
  • 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS
  • 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
  • 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
  • 1999 Dodge Viper ACR
  • 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
  • 1992 Ferrari F40
  • 1995 Ferrari F50
  • 1998 Ferrari F355
  • 2003 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
  • 2003 Ferrari Enzo
  • 1966 Ford GT40
  • 2000 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
  • 2005 Ford GT
  • 1991 Honda CR-X
  • 1992 Honda NSX-R
  • 1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol (leaked car)
  • 2003 Honda S2000
  • 2004 Honda Civic Type R
  • 2004 Honda NSX-R
  • 1961 Jaguar E-Type
  • 1993 Jaguar XJ220
  • 2002 Koenigsegg CC8S
  • 1972 Lotus Elan Sprint
  • 1990 Mazda RX-7
  • 1997 Mazda RX-7
  • 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A
  • 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL
  • 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
  • 1997 Mitsubishi GTO
  • 1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R (leaked car)
  • 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR
  • 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
  • 1995 Nissan Silvia K's
  • 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z
  • 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
  • 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R
  • 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
  • 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
  • 1968 Pontiac GTO Judge
  • 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera
  • 1986 Porsche 959
  • 1987 Porsche 911 Turbo
  • 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
  • 1995 Porsche 911 GT2
  • 2004 Porsche 911 GT3
  • 2004 Saleen S7
  • 1967 Shelby Cobra
  • 1998 Subaru 22B
  • 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • 1969 Toyota 2000GT
  • 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno
  • 1998 Toyota Supra
  • 2003 Toyota Celica (leaked car)
  • 1995 Volkswagen Corrado
  • 2003 Volkswagen Golf R32
They also sometimes added new mistakes when they made improvements to these older models with newer works.
For example, the Toyota Supra is one such example.
The FM1 Supra was a normal roof US-spec model. However, they changed this model to right-hand drive in FM2, and changed the roof to an aerotop like the famous Supra in The Fast and the Furious.
However, the rest of the exterior remained the same as the US-spec.
In other words, this car has been "improvements" to be a chimera, calling itself a Japan-spec RZ but with its exterior still in US specs and an aerotop that never existed on the RZ trim.

The fact they’re recycling models from Forza Motorsport 1 of all games is inexcusable.

The models undermine the fun of going for realistic photos.
Honestly even if they fix the models I think there's some more visual weaknesses. A lot of materials on the cars look like **** IMO.

Two big ones are both R32's. The Golf especially is noticeable as it's way longer behind the rear wheel than the real car.

The S15 also looks v awkward compared to the real car.

View attachment 1095737
VW%20R32%20Golf%20EOSR7112.jpg

View attachment 1095738
s15meet-56f3d3327da91.jpg
The R32 doesn't look that bad, but the Silvia is totally off.
They are not exactly recycling, as they continue to make improvements.
To use an analogy, it's like continuing to improve the molds of plastic models.

However, since these models were not 3D scanned during the FM1 era, and some of the cars were produced without accurate documentation, they are certainly inferior to the post-FM3 models in terms of accuracy.
Here is the list.
  • 2001 Acura Integra
  • 2002 Acura RSX
  • 2003 Audi RS6
  • 1987 Buick GNX
  • 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
  • 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS
  • 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
  • 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
  • 1999 Dodge Viper ACR
  • 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
  • 1992 Ferrari F40
  • 1995 Ferrari F50
  • 1998 Ferrari F355
  • 2003 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
  • 2003 Ferrari Enzo
  • 1966 Ford GT40
  • 2000 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
  • 2005 Ford GT
  • 1991 Honda CR-X
  • 1992 Honda NSX-R
  • 1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol (leaked car)
  • 2003 Honda S2000
  • 2004 Honda Civic Type R
  • 2004 Honda NSX-R
  • 1961 Jaguar E-Type
  • 1993 Jaguar XJ220
  • 2002 Koenigsegg CC8S
  • 1972 Lotus Elan Sprint
  • 1990 Mazda RX-7
  • 1997 Mazda RX-7
  • 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A
  • 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL
  • 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
  • 1997 Mitsubishi GTO
  • 1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R (leaked car)
  • 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR
  • 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
  • 1995 Nissan Silvia K's
  • 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z
  • 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
  • 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R
  • 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
  • 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
  • 1968 Pontiac GTO Judge
  • 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera
  • 1986 Porsche 959
  • 1987 Porsche 911 Turbo
  • 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
  • 1995 Porsche 911 GT2
  • 2004 Porsche 911 GT3
  • 2004 Saleen S7
  • 1967 Shelby Cobra
  • 1998 Subaru 22B
  • 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • 1969 Toyota 2000GT
  • 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno
  • 1998 Toyota Supra
  • 2003 Toyota Celica (leaked car)
  • 1995 Volkswagen Corrado
  • 2003 Volkswagen Golf R32
They also sometimes added new mistakes when they made improvements to these older models with newer works.
The FM1 Supra was a normal roof US-spec model. However, they changed this model to right-hand drive in FM2, and changed the roof to an aerotop like the famous Supra in The Fast and the Furious.
In other words, this car has been "improvements" to be a chimera, calling itself a Japan-spec RZ but with its exterior still in US specs and an aerotop that never existed on the RZ trim.
I've driven and seen quite a few of these cars and only 2 (other than the aforementioned R32 and Silvia) looked a bit off - the ACR Viper and the Subaru 22B.

The Z32 is also a chimera, but an even more egregious one: The exterior is a short wheelbase 2-seater, but the interior is that of a long wheelbase 2+2.

The daily Forzathon wants me to complete an Expedition...

What?
It’s one of those events we had to do to first unlock horizon festivals in different areas. The event with the parade float is one of them. Unfortunately, I did the one with the parade float, and it didn’t count as an expedition. Even though it says expedition on the event.

Last edited:
Back