Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,907 comments
Maybe I'm late to the party, but this week's Festival Playlist is a total gut-kick and I've resigned myself to not getting that Mugen Civic I've been itching to drive again. I don't know if I'm rusty or if the AI's really that nasty on these races, but it took me countless tries to even approach winning that Sports Utility Heroes cross-country series (I tied for first, which didn't award me the Festival points), the series where you race sports cars on semi-dirt tracks in a downpour was a nightmare, and I couldn't even manage the speed zone in like three different cars. This, despite the fact that in pretty much every weekly playlist in FH4 I could knock out just about every requirement with relative ease and nab seasonal rewards left and right. In FH5 my cars are all upgraded and tuned to the best of my abilities and yet I just keep getting annihilated. Is this game just that much harder now? I was wondering about all the gripes over janky cheater AI and it just seems like there might be something to it.

Sharecodes for tunes in description, previous video has sharecode guide.

Last edited:
It’s one of those events we had to do to first unlock horizon festivals in different areas. The event with the parade float is one of them. Unfortunately, I did the one with the parade float, and it didn’t count as an expedition. Even though it says expedition on the event.
I re-did the volcano trip, such an immersive expedition with the 3D sound and controller rumble. Didn’t update for me either.

Last edited:
It’s one of those events we had to do to first unlock horizon festivals in different areas. The event with the parade float is one of them. Unfortunately, I did the one with the parade float, and it didn’t count as an expedition. Even though it says expedition on the event.
Oh, I didn't even think we could re-do those. And it's not working for me either.

The daily Forzathon wants me to complete an Expedition...

What?
Yeah, I tried the expedition street race into Guanajuato. It didn't register, either.

I’ve just hit the jackpot :)
1637738770487.jpg

Only 8 more cars to go for me to get the complete collection:
1637738970065.jpeg

And that’s actually pretty easy to do:
  • play 15 more eliminator games or buy from autoshow (Veyron)
  • play 11 more arcade games or buy from autoshow (Evija)
  • wait for tomorrow (Gordini & Zerouno)
  • wait for next Thursday (Cyclone, Tachyon, 330 P4 & LaFerrari)

Last edited:
Maybe I'm late to the party, but this week's Festival Playlist is a total gut-kick and I've resigned myself to not getting that Mugen Civic I've been itching to drive again. I don't know if I'm rusty or if the AI's really that nasty on these races, but it took me countless tries to even approach winning that Sports Utility Heroes cross-country series (I tied for first, which didn't award me the Festival points), the series where you race sports cars on semi-dirt tracks in a downpour was a nightmare, and I couldn't even manage the speed zone in like three different cars. This, despite the fact that in pretty much every weekly playlist in FH4 I could knock out just about every requirement with relative ease and nab seasonal rewards left and right. In FH5 my cars are all upgraded and tuned to the best of my abilities and yet I just keep getting annihilated. Is this game just that much harder now? I was wondering about all the gripes over janky cheater AI and it just seems like there might be something to it.
I think the AI is more challenging (and may have some suspicious advantages from time to time), but I have managed to complete all the seasonal championships so far.

For the SUV series, I think I used a stock Jeep Cherokee, can't remember whether it was Trackhawk or the older SRT though.

For the sports cars, I've got an A788 Lotus Exige that I used for one of last week's events. It's on off-road tyres and suspension, with everything else in Platform/Handling upgraded to Race, first step up on rear tyre widths, race clutch and rally diff. No other upgrades, aside from the rally lights on the bonnet/hood. I've shared my setup if you want to try it, although I've not done any tuning aside from slapping on the upgrades - share code is 669 049 487.

For the Modern Supercars speedzone, I used a stock McLaren 720S Spider, and as I think others have said, it was all about keeping speed up through the bends.

Exhibitions for the daily challenges are definitely bugged though if you've already done them all.

The Objective:
1637751737505.png

Several jumps:
1637751677325.png

The result each time:
1637751775486.png

🤬 🤬 🤬

Edit: Solved by quitting and restarting the game. I suspected a "fail" flag to not be reseted and the value of "1ft" being the minimal default one.

Last edited:
The fact they’re recycling models from Forza Motorsport 1 of all games is inexcusable.

The models undermine the fun of going for realistic photos.
Yep, this is Forza's elephant in the room. They're not fit for purpose nearly 20 years later and professional pride for how far they have come as a development partnership should be enough to remove them and get them done to their current standards.

They're just so jarring. The R32 Golf and F355 in particular are laughably misshapen.

Two things to try for a fix:

1) Go back to your house, then leave the house in the car you will use for the jump. So, don't switch cars out on the road.

OR

2) After you see the "1 MPH" message, try switching to the wrong car at the location and doing the jump. You should see a message, "current car is ineligible for seasonal objective." Then switch back to the correct car and you should be able to complete the challenge.

Edit: Solved by quitting and restarting the game. I suspected a "fail" flag to not be reseted and the value of "1ft" being the minimal default one.

Oh, I see you got it working. When you restarted, you probably left your house in the correct car, rather than switching cars out on the road.

Last edited:
Away for two weeks and missed both the DMC and NSX-R GT. Both are subject to bidding wars and extreme price tags right now. I hope PG would return them soon.

If I'm being honest, this killed my mood. Seems I won't even be able to get the F1...

Two big ones are both R32's. The Golf especially is noticeable as it's way longer behind the rear wheel than the real car.

The S15 also looks v awkward compared to the real car.

View attachment 1095737
VW%20R32%20Golf%20EOSR7112.jpg

View attachment 1095738
s15meet-56f3d3327da91.jpg
You’re probably right, (well I know you are to a point, there’s no denying some models are inaccurate.)

However, using photos of stock cars would make it far more relevant and clearer to see than cars that have been modded past their standard shape anyway.

VXR
Yep, this is Forza's elephant in the room. They're not fit for purpose nearly 20 years later and professional pride for how far they have come as a development partnership should be enough to remove them and get them done to their current standards.

They're just so jarring. The R32 Golf and F355 in particular are laughably misshapen.
With T10 supposedly "resetting" the Motorsport series, let's hope that they take the opportunity to actually redo the models for the cars that are known to be bad.

With T10 supposedly "resetting" the Motorsport series, let's hope that they take the opportunity to actually redo the models for the cars that are known to be bad.
Rather, let's hope they give the next Motorsport the largest car list in the entire series, at over 1,000+ cars.

Like the expedition one todays daily doesn't work if you completed all the stories. Uff...
Same thing's happened to me, I played one Expedition, then a story chapter and I still haven't earned any daily Forzathon progress over them.

Last edited:
Rather, let's hope they give the next Motorsport the largest car list in the entire series, at over 1,000+ cars.

Same thing's happened to me, I played one Expedition, then a story chapter and I still haven't earned any daily Forzathon progress over them.
I really wouldn't hope for that, you'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Keep the cars relevant and accurate would be far more interesting than a 1000+ list of stuff that'll never get used. I mean the clue is in the name, Motorsport. Horizon should be the one with the wacky 1000 strong list.

This game is such a mess still. Just went to change my car and got this...
Which car do you think I should use!?!?!

20211124_152052.jpg

That is one. But I watched at least 2-3 similar.

Now you guys don't need to convince me. I just post something I thought it would be useful. You do what you want. I have been banned for 2 months in FH4 for time travelling and regret it. That is the only reason why I posted that.
Like I said do what you want

How can they ban people for time travelling one minute, and then add a DeLorean the next... 🤔😂
The events are definitely tougher to win currently. However, @inCloud video should help, plus I've reverted to looking at the Forza Reddit threads again as people like PaperHeartZero and the others post great tunes there.

Yeah, but I'm moreso trying to win the Funco F9 from Arcade accolades than get Forzathon points. I loved that car in Horizon 4 but it's a rare car in Horizon 5, which is why I've been suffering trying to unlock it.
Just won it in a wheelspin, so you might get it that way if you're lucky 🤞

Sharecodes for tunes in description, previous video has sharecode guide.

Thanks for the work put into these 👍

And lastly @Milouse it's cool that there are others you can trust to help out with the skill tree database 👍

You’re probably right, (well I know you are to a point, there’s no denying some models are inaccurate.)

However, using photos of stock cars would make it far more relevant and clearer to see than cars that have been modded past their standard shape anyway.
The R32 is still fully stock bodied in that picture and the worst part of the S15 model is it's roof which remained unmodified in that image.

In all seriousness it was really hard to find side views of both cars unmodified and going the correct direction.

Away for two weeks and missed both the DMC and NSX-R GT. Both are subject to bidding wars and extreme price tags right now. I hope PG would return them soon.

If I'm being honest, this killed my mood. Seems I won't even be able to get the F1...
If PG follows the trend of FH4 then exclusive cars are far from exclusive in the long run. They will appear and reappear in festival playlists, Forzathon shop, backstage pass (that feature will probably return to FH5 at some point). Also as soon as an exclusive car appears a second time, the AH is flooded with them because all the car collecting people out there (myself included) just want 1 copy of each car, not more. And every dupe will be gifted or go on auction. I already sold that NSX-R GT on the AH over a week go since due to a festival playlist bug, I could claim the awards a second time.

So don’t get discouraged if you don‘t have the time to play the game enough to get each exclusive car right now. They will return in the future for sure. And in case of the NSX-R GT I think that might be quite soon since a lot of people missed out on it because the window of opportunity for most players without early access was only a few days.

I really wouldn't hope for that, you'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Keep the cars relevant and accurate would be far more interesting than a 1000+ list of stuff that'll never get used. I mean the clue is in the name, Motorsport. Horizon should be the one with the wacky 1000 strong list.
It should definitely be Motorsport with the largest car lists in the series as it would be a compilation of the franchise, and given the focus on more realistic driving, you'll definitely want to add more cars to simulate driving those cars in a more realistic fashion. Horizon's physics are more arcade-like, but the selling point of the Horizon games is the open world alone. The selling point of Motorsport is track racing and being able to simulate any and all kinds of cars from everyday cars to off-roaders, supercars, race cars and more.

Motorsport 4 was said to be the best Motorsport in the series mainly because of its large and diverse amount of cars, not to mention its career mode and online features.

You want a horrible game like Motorsport 5 where they cut down on cars and get rid of fan favorites and some of the unique vehicles? And plus, no matter how focused or strange the cars may be, it would seem fun to drive them all in racetracks (real and fictional) and to experience them with more realistic physics. Given the physics engine of FH5 now supports four-wheel steering on some cars, imagine what the next Motorsport's physics engine could do, and that they could simulate cars with a complex physics system (from the Mercedes Benz G 63 6x6 AMG to three-wheelers like the Peel P50 and Morgan 3-Wheeler).

What's to be disappointed with realistically expecting over 1,000+ vehicles? We've had at least 786 cars in Motorsport 7 (in my honest opinion, Motorsport 7 still lacked some extra cars), and given what was added to FH4 and now in FH5, it could easily exceed 1,000+ with no problems, and not to mention, considering they're restoring older Xbox 360-era vehicles and adding new vehicles behind closed doors.

In fact, every car that has been in the franchise since Motorsport 3 are considered to be premium in quality (as they are fully-modeled inside and out), it's just a matter of what was left out in the Xbox One era that needs restoring. Those left out from the first and second Motorsport were only to remain as standard vehicles.

Believe me, if the next Forza Motorsport has below 700 cars, let alone 1,000+, given what we have so far in the Xbox One era, believe me, it would be an absolute disaster of a game that we've been waiting for, for years in the making, given we haven't had a new Motorsport for four years and counting. Horizon can have 1,000+ cars too, but for Motorsport, it is absolutely mandatory and necessary for it to have the largest car list the franchise has ever seen.

In GT Sport and GT7, this is perfectly understandable given that in the previous Gran Turismo titles, there were PS2-quality cars that seemed all but possible to convert all to premium just right away, and that they're the vast majority of cars as opposed to premiums, and they're doing it in a slow process.

Anyways going back on topic, I still can't get the daily Forzathon challenge to complete even if I have completed an Expedition and a chapter of a Horizon Story even if I've completed it before, and there's only one more day left before the next season comes in.

It should definitely be Motorsport with the largest car lists in the series as it would be a compilation of the franchise, and given the focus on more realistic driving, you'll definitely want to add more cars to simulate driving those cars in a more realistic fashion. Horizon's physics are more arcade-like, but the selling point of the Horizon games is the open world alone. The selling point of Motorsport is track racing and being able to simulate any and all kinds of cars from everyday cars to off-roaders, supercars, race cars and more.

We can do without 1000+ cars, it's not necessary whatsoever. Compile the list and take the greats, and add in more after the fact. The car count isn't going to make it a good game, and that has shown its face more than once. Adding more cars doesn't simulate anything at all. That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Motorsport 4 was said to be the best Motorsport in the series mainly because of its large and diverse amount of cars, not to mention its career mode and online features.
It was definitely because of the latter. We've passed Forza 4's car count long ago and that didn't make the series any better at all - That's because it's not so much about the large amount of cars whatsoever.

You want a horrible game like Motorsport 5 where they cut down on cars and get rid of fan favorites and some of the unique vehicles? And plus, no matter how focused or strange the cars may be, it would seem fun to drive them all in racetracks (real and fictional) and to experience them with more realistic physics. Given the physics engine of FH5 now supports four-wheel steering on some cars, imagine what the next Motorsport's physics engine could do, and that they could simulate cars with a complex physics system (from the Mercedes Benz G 63 6x6 AMG to three-wheelers like the Peel P50 and Morgan 3-Wheeler).
Forza Motorsport 5 was actually one of the better of the last gen games. A small car count only made it a bad game to the insensible people. Also, you don't have to overexaggerate in such a way, it doesn't help your point at all.

What's to be disappointed with realistically expecting over 1,000+ vehicles? We've had at least 786 cars in Motorsport 7 (in my honest opinion, Motorsport 7 still lacked some extra cars), and given what was added to FH4 and now in FH5, it could easily exceed 1,000+ with no problems, and not to mention, considering they're restoring older Xbox 360-era vehicles and adding new vehicles behind closed doors.
Because in the hunt to get every single car imaginable, they neglect the older models that also are just jarring to look at. They lose focus, they have vast amounts of cars without customization. No one is asking for a tiny car list so I have no idea why you always jump to such a ridiculously extreme viewpoint. 500 cars would work just fine, especially if they bump up every aspect about the vehicles in the process, from the modeling, to the customization and utilization. A **** ton of cars isn't going to fix the game.

Believe me, if the next Forza Motorsport has below 700 cars, let alone 1,000+, given what we have so far in the Xbox One era, believe me, it would be an absolute disaster of a game that we've been waiting for, for years in the making, given we haven't had a new Motorsport for four years and counting. Horizon can have 1,000+ cars too, but for Motorsport, it is absolutely mandatory and necessary for it to have the largest car list the franchise has ever seen.
Yeah, that's a laughably asinine thing to pretend. If it pushes away the people with ridiculous viewpoints like that, it wouldn't even change a sliver of the player base. Cars are the easy thing to fix here, and not the problem. It's the fundamentals of the game that needs changing. They should focus on that instead of trying to appease to entitled people like that expecting over 1000+ cars. None of which is mandatory or necessary at all. GTS Sport has also enforced that.

In GT Sport and GT7, this is perfectly understandable given that in the previous Gran Turismo titles, there were PS2-quality cars that seemed all but possible to convert all to premium just right away, and that they're the vast majority of cars as opposed to premiums, and they're doing it in a slow process.
It makes literally no sense why its understandable there and not here.

Last edited:
Update: have been playing since about 9:30 am and it's now 5 pm, 0 wins....

Every time I finally get into a Chaos arcade there just aren't enough people to do it.

I'm thinking the only way I can beat it is to convoy up with a dedicated group...so...anyone here game for another time?
Update #2: I finally did it! Horizon Arcade has been defeated thanks to the help of a group of gamers on the official Forza Discord, and the Funco F9 is in my garage. I couldn't have done it without them, no joke.

We can do without 1000+ cars, it's not necessary whatsoever. Compile the list and take the greats, and add in more after the fact. The car count isn't going to make it a good game, and that has shown its face more than once. Adding more cars doesn't simulate anything at all. That doesn't make a lick of sense.

It was definitely because of the latter. We've passed Forza 4's car count long ago and that didn't make the series any better at all - That's because it's not so much about the large amount of cars whatsoever.

Forza Motorsport 5 was actually one of the better of the last gen games. A small car count only made it a bad game to the insensible people. Also, you don't have to overexaggerate in such a way, it doesn't help your point at all.

Because in the hunt to get every single car imaginable, they neglect the older models that also are just jarring to look at. They lose focus, they have vast amounts of cars without customization. No one is asking for a tiny car list so I have no idea why you always jump to such a ridiculously extreme viewpoint. 500 cars would work just fine, especially if they bump up every aspect about the vehicles in the process, from the modeling, to the customization and utilization. A **** ton of cars isn't going to fix the game.

Yeah, that's a laughably asinine thing to pretend. If it pushes away the people with ridiculous viewpoints like that, it wouldn't even change a sliver of the player base. Cars are the easy thing to fix here, and not the problem. It's the fundamentals of the game that needs changing. They should focus on that instead of trying to appease to entitled people like that expecting over 1000+ cars. None of which is mandatory or necessary at all. GTS Sport has also enforced that.

It makes literally no sense why its understandable there and not here.
Agree with all of this. The notion that Gran Turismo can get away with lower car lists but Forza can’t because Xbox is just ridiculous.

In fact, every car that has been in the franchise since Motorsport 3 are considered to be premium in quality (as they are fully-modeled inside and out), it's just a matter of what was left out in the Xbox One era that needs restoring. Those left out from the first and second Motorsport were only to remain as standard vehicles.

Anyways going back on topic, I still can't get the daily Forzathon challenge to complete even if I have completed an Expedition and a chapter of a Horizon Story even if I've completed it before, and there's only one more day left before the next season comes in.
This is nonsensical. If you honestly believe that the next gen only Forza Motorsport reboot is going to have 1000 cars then you need to get real, because it absolutely won’t. I’d be expecting a number closer to 400.

Horizon has always lent itself better to larger car lists owing to its multiple disciplines, car culture vibe and occasionally whacky nature. Forza Motorsport we already know is going to be a more laser focussed edition, somewhat of a reboot, which judging by the info that we have and what we’ve seen, is going to lean more into that proper Motorsport focus that it’s always tried to get but never quite nailed. As said above, FM4 was great because of its career structure and gameplay, not it’s car count, and FM5 was a very good game overall. Again, it wasn’t the car count that held it back. FM7 was probably the worst one on the One, because it lacked structure and fun, and curiously had the largest car count.

Also, I’d much rather they focussed on more circuit variety than pointless car numbers.

One thing I can at least say that definitely made the car list great in FM5 was the addition of everyday normal cars. Something we very well wont see ever again, unfortunately.
The best races I had with friends were the ones in FM3(?) where we all had bone stock F class cars.

Everyone's going slow so you can bump and push people around and no one was gonna have a big wreck.

You say that as if the game wasn't mostly developed while COVID was flying around.

Don't you have falsehoods about Forza to peddle in the GT side of the forum?
I challenge you to point the falsehoods then.

As for the Covid crutch, it was definitely an excuse for Insomniac in buggy Ratchet & Clank and Arkane Lyon in buggy Deathloop... No wait.

Just accept the game has its large amount of issues despite the extra year of development.

One thing I can at least say that definitely made the car list great in FM4 was the addition of everyday normal cars. Something we very well wont see ever again, unfortunately.
I'm counting on GT7 for the return of this. Forza's always been somewhat more "enthusiast-minded"; while cars may be very modest or utilitarian, they're dedicated to car nerds more than working-class driveways. Meanwhile, it's not wise to get your hopes up for enthusiast favorites in a GT game (if they're not Japanese cars).

I'm counting on GT7 for the return of this. Forza's always been somewhat more "enthusiast-minded"; while cars may be very modest or utilitarian, they're dedicated to car nerds more than working-class driveways. Meanwhile, it's not wise to get your hopes up for enthusiast favorites in a GT game (if they're not Japanese cars).
Yeah I'm definitely keeping an eye out for that too. I'm hoping one of the two will take it on, but I'm holding out hope as I don't see it being that likely. It does seem to leaning more towards GT right now, though.

Back