Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,906 comments
Might be safer to do that every night. That's what I've been doing ever since I got the OneX a coupla years ago and I've never had any problems - plus it's putting less stress on the console, thought I read somewhere that not turning off properly your console (if you're not using Energy Saving or smth) then yanking the power chord might kill your drive in the long run.
Or I'm just talking crap lol.
I've always done that. Shut the XBox down every night. I used to unplug it, too. I started doing that again. But I've never unplugged it before making sure the console was completely shut down first.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to play something else while I wait for them to fix Arcades, I miss the social aspect of the game too much and don't want to burn out on it before they restore some of that magic. Only problem is I don't really want to play anything else... But, yeah, I want to leave some game for later when it works better.

I think I'm going to play something else while I wait for them to fix Arcades, I miss the social aspect of the game too much and don't want to burn out on it before they restore some of that magic. Only problem is I don't really want to play anything else... But, yeah, I want to leave some game for later when it works better.
Do what I do and sacrifice your soul to Destiny 2.:lol:

I don't have to worry about getting enough points for the F1 anymore. :D

Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2021.11.22 - 19.47.01.43.png

Oddly with that spin the Radical from this week is the only second prize car I don't have as I received the 22B and Trueno already via wheelspins. I'm still going to attempt to get them, but it certainly releases some stress already having them.

Last edited:
Just played probably one of the wildest race modes I've seen.

It was on the Playa Azul circuit and it was a "Points Race."

I'll let the description speak for itself:

"Standard Forza scoring(20, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) applies for every lap, with the first driver to score 100 points being the winner. A torque boost is awarded for every lap completed and a torque penalty applied for every point scored."

It was a custom setup race and I really want to know the rules applied so I can mimic it for other maps. Basically it turns into a game of how you can net 100 points faster than everyone else while also having a car that is consistently getting slower and slower and it's really, really fascinating.

Share Code is : 142 032 333

Just played probably one of the wildest race modes I've seen.

It was on the Playa Azul circuit and it was a "Points Race."

I'll let the description speak for itself:

"Standard Forza scoring(20, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) applies for every lap, with the first driver to score 100 points being the winner. A torque boost is awarded for every lap completed and a torque penalty applied for every point scored."

It was a custom setup race and I really want to know the rules applied so I can mimic it for other maps. Basically it turns into a game of how you can net 100 points faster than everyone else while also having a car that is consistently getting slower and slower and it's really, really fascinating.

Share Code is : 142 032 333
I've tried that exact one over the weekend and I share your thoughts. Haven't been able to win it yet, the AI is so fast in the first 2-3 laps for some odd reason.

--

Am I the only one that's a bit let down by the AMG One? For a car powered by arguably the 2nd best F1 engine ever, if feels a bit... not slow, but not Mercedes W11 either.

I've tried that exact one over the weekend and I share your thoughts. Haven't been able to win it yet, the AI is so fast in the first 2-3 laps for some odd reason.

--

Am I the only one that's a bit let down by the AMG One? For a car powered by arguably the 2nd best F1 engine ever, if feels a bit... not slow, but not Mercedes W11 either.
I'll be honest, every time I hop in it it's to listen to the V6 so I haven't paid much attention to its blistering (or lack thereof) speeds much. What do you mean, exactly?

Doesn't grip or bite nearly as much as the Valhalla, I'll say that much.

I haven't tried the Valhalla yet so I can't comment on that, but the One feels slower than the 918 and less agile than the Senna, which were my go-to hypercars in FH4. Mind you, mine is currently in a Bottas livery, so that might be why it's underwhelming. :lol:

Last edited:
There was an article that noted the game is down on power from the projected figures AMG is actually advertising the real car with.

There was an article that noted the game is down on power from the projected figures AMG is actually advertising the real car with.
They keep saying "over 1,000hp" even in the game's dialogue from some characters. I'm guessing the 877hp is mainly from the ICE alone, I guess? (Mercedes-AMG has not even finalized the specs of the car, but what I'm reading from Wikipedia, it could have around 1,043hp to 1,231hp, compared to the game's 877hp, and could weigh in between 1,200kg to 1,300kg, significantly lighter than the 1,695kg seen in-game, but I highly doubt the car could be as light as 1,200kg considering it has a ton of electric motors).

I'm really looking forward to this week's new car, the Renault 8 Gordini. It was easily my favorite car of GT5 and 6. I'm so glad it's making the jump to Horizon.
Same, and also later on, the Jaguar XJ13 later on in the game's future. But the upcoming car I'm really excited for is the Porsche Schuppan 962CR.

So I'm in the process of giving all the cars I have the correct gear ratios, or at least on the cars the game allows. The '17 Ford GT is practically spot on with everything but the 7th gear (which is wrong) rounded up one.
Interesting - the GT does seem to already have the right ratios stock. The ratios in the game for 1st through 7th are:
3.40 - 2.19 - 1.63 - 1.29 - 1.03 - 0.84 - 0.634
The ratios for the real car, taken from here, are:
3.397 - 2.186 - 1.626 - 1.285 - 1.029 - 0.839 - 0.634

I haven't tried the Valhalla yet so I can't comment on that, but the One feels slower than the 918 and less agile than the Senna, which were my go-to hypercars in FH4. Mind you, mine is currently in a Bottas livery, so that might be why it's underwhelming. :lol:
I did one of the Rivals accolades yesterday in the Senna (been using a different car for each race to spice it up a bit). I was surprised how different the car sounds compared to FH4, sound so much more raw and brutal now. Not sure how a Senna supposed to sound IRL but I liked it.

Mexican salaries are not what they used to be...
1637667215485.png

I've been trying so hard to complete the Unlimited Prowess accolade, where you complete round 3 in all 5 types of Arcade (Drift, Speed, Air, Wreckage, and Chaos) and you unlock the Funco Motorsports F9, an otherwise wheelspin only car. The ONLY one I've yet to finish is Chaos, because that one feels borderline unwinnable even in the best scenario. It's the mini missions that are the true culprit. Half the time the missions you get don't register what you're doing and you don't get any points, and the other half the time you're waiting for the missions to show up since they cycle through so slowly.
I thought Chaos was easy because i finished both of the two i tried. The mini-mission not showing (or masked by the global score UI) is super annoying indeed.
Wreckage and Chaos are the one i checked as Done for this accolade.

--

IIRC to win it I banked 12-14-20-20-20-14 points.

I lost the first attempt with 16-20-20-20-20-3 which was frustrating.

I just want to know the rules and triggers to set it up on every other track in the game. It reminds me of how a bunch of friends and I used to do 30min sessions in the Motorsport games under the time attack rules. Makes it a little different and fun.

Was watching some videos and find a few that mention getting banned for using car mastery glitch (have no idea if for Willy) and AFK money method. Now someone got a week ban (166h) but others got 20 years.
Just a friendly reminder. Also there is really no need to cheat. I got 500+ cars already just from lv up wheelspins, Accolades and from Autoshow/Auction House. Ok, I'm also broke.. but money will come again.

Yeah, none of those including the Willy's are bannable that's why they just fixed them instead of making a big deal about it. I trust youtubers about as far as I can throw them, :D
I don't trust them either, but when there's a gameplay showing the ban actually being active... I'm convinced enough not to try. Wouldn't do the AFK method anyway.
Like I said just a friendly advice. We leave in a free world.
I mean it isn't cheating if the game allows you to do it and it was programmed into the trees.
You are right but we all agreed with the devs not to use game exploits. It's a mandatory agreement that everyone does, but nobody actually read when starting the game for the first time.

I don't trust them either, but when there's a gameplay showing the ban actually being active... I'm convinced enough not to try. Wouldn't do the AFK method anyway.
Like I said just a friendly advice. We leave in a free world.

You are right but we all agreed with the devs not to use game exploits. It's a mandatory agreement that everyone does, but nobody actually read when starting the game for the first time.
Yes as you said, money comes easy in this game and I have no urge to afk farm either. I still don't believe that anyone was banned 20 years for it though. Do you have links to these videos? I'd like to investigate further.

I wonder why they call it afk. Must be a legacy term as Xboxes don't have keyboards. Afj would be more accurate. Or maybe afc but that would possibly confuse fans of English football.

Last edited:
You are right but we all agreed with the devs not to use game exploits.

The thing is, is it really an exploit when this is simply hyper-streamlining a feature of the game that Playground put in? If anything, the closing of the Willys exploit should have been a lesson for PG to not have Super Wheelspins locked behind the mastery of a car that, for all intents and purposes, could be gotten for cheap off the Autoshow en masse, and also served as a lesson to actually put some effort into the masteries and make them proportional to the rarity level of the car, which Playground have seemingly forgotten is a thing.

The player base is going to latch onto basically anything that will make things easier for them and very quickly, that's been proven for years in a multitude of other games. Ultimately, it should serve as a lesson for the devs to actually put some effort in closing the loop hole before launch next time. And especially in a game which the effects of said 'exploit' is minimal at best, considering we're all mostly using money, at a certain point, to buy upgrades and cars only, who is really being hurt by it?

I guess one could make the point that it does devalue the Car Collection considering it made the (increased) amount of 1mil CR cars added to the game an absolute joke, but lets be real, the Car Collection is simply a means to an end. I just have a hard time really considering the Willys/Supra Wheelspins to be an exploit when it seems more that Playground didn't do their homework before launch and didn't make masteries proportional to the rarity level of the car.

I won't speak on the auto-driving on Goliath grinding, but that also seems like it should be a lesson for Playground to lock out their auto-driving mechanic (which was added with the best intentions for accessibility reasons, which I applaud) to the standard 3 lap race structure for most every circuit race, and restricting it for one lap to Goliath.

If I got banned for something that appears legit that the game let me do (eg. like buying cheap potions or fighting an easy super XP enemy early in the game to level or in this case unlocking wheelspins) I would be gutted. AFK you aren't even playing the game, but exchanging points for things, I'm not pulling any trick and didn't even realise that could be counted. Luckily I was allowed to keep the spins I made, and I only bought 4 or 5 jeeps to use up the skill points I already had. Because I'm allowed to buy jeeps. And I'm allowed to use skill points.

Personally speaking, an evening of Jeep farming was so tedious and labour intensive for me that I feel it should be considered its own punishment. I bet MS Farming Simulator or even FarmVille is more fun. :scared:

Last edited:
Personally speaking, an evening of Jeep farming was so tedious and labour intensive for me that I feel it should be considered its own punishment. I bet MS Farming Simulator of even FarmVille is more fun. :scared:
I did it about 4 times and gave up. I just couldn't get myself to do all of that process, regardless of what the outcome was lol.

Yes as you said, money comes easy in this game and I have no urge to afk farm either. I still don't believe that anyone was banned 20 years for it though. Do you have links to these videos? I'd like to investigate further.
That is one. But I watched at least 2-3 similar.

Now you guys don't need to convince me. I just post something I thought it would be useful. You do what you want. I have been banned for 2 months in FH4 for time travelling and regret it. That is the only reason why I posted that.
Like I said do what you want.

Personally speaking, an evening of Jeep farming was so tedious and labour intensive for me that I feel it should be considered its own punishment. I bet MS Farming Simulator or even FarmVille is more fun. :scared:

If I can be completely honest? I don't mind the Airfield drift method - it helps that the changes to the physics make drifting actually enjoyable now, alongside the change to tire smoke that makes it much more visceral compared to the little white farts from the tires in FH4.

If anything, it gives me a chance to catch up on podcasts.

Back