Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,907 comments
Moving to this to the discussion thread to not interrupt the photo thread:

Is the off-road dirt/dust kick up that much nicer on the Series S/X versions? 'Cause on the One X, it doesn't look this good during gameplay. The kick up is rather small, esp. compared to the smoke kicked up from drifting/sliding on tarmac surfaces.
The sand and smoke being kicked up is pretty good, but dirt being kicked up by trails and what not looks pretty bad. This is on PC.

Just got 900k Accolade points. I thought that reaching the 900 mark will be the end minus the creative part, but I'm still far from completiton. Just so you know... if you have no talent for painting, tuning or photography like me, you can still manage it. Anyway with all that grind I got more than 1000 forzathon points from the Arcade. Even in this broken state I prefer it to buying 100 Fiestas. And if someone think that this game is too short... Try Accolade and say that again. 😂
FFBY-LPX0AIFUzV

Anyone else seeing this ? first time I saw it last night i thought whoa the dude in charge of the snow this series got some overtime
in his future

Attachments

• fh5 1.jpg
    fh5 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 14
  • fh5 2.jpg
    fh5 2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 15
The drift zones are far easier to three-star in Mexico than they were in England. I three-starred every single drift zone over a three hour session tonight. There were multiple drift zones in England that took me three weeks of effort before I could eke out that last star. The drift zones here are so easy, I managed to three-star half a dozen using non-drift cars. And once by accident. I was in my GRC Civic coming down the east side of the mountain when I came across that huge drift zone where you need 500,000 points for three stars. I wasn’t in a drift car, but I figured I could at least get one star. I got 524k in my first pass.

Forza Subreddit's at it again, this time with music tastes. They will downvote anyone who likes some songs in Forza Horizon 5.
Because chicks dig guys who are too cool to like anything.

Last edited:
So I got duplicate Huara and CLK FE's,somebody is going to enjoy these.

:edit:the CLK is where the Mustang was found,i set it for anyone,the Pagani I set as a gift for new players,no idea where it's hidden as i did it straight from the wheelspin.

Last edited:
Guess there's no fix for the broken Expedition Daily Challenge?

I'm also having trouble with one of the Test Driver stories, which requires you to rack up Near Miss skills... with zero traffic...

I'm also having trouble with one of the Test Driver stories, which requires you to rack up Near Miss skills... with zero traffic...
Maybe try going into Horizon Solo before starting the mission? Solo has more traffic in freeroam, maybe it has some influence on traffic within missions as well.

Yeah this one bums me as well, I really wanted to go for 100% festival completion for at least the first weeks or months of FH5. It still can be done though, there are resp. 5 and 6 days remaining on those 2 bugged daily challenges. Fingers crossed PG might release a new hotfix before Tuesday afternoon that fixes this and gives just enough time to complete it.

If not, well then they should just retroactively file these events as completed for every player.

Yeah this one bums me as well, I really wanted to go for 100% festival completion for at least the first weeks or months of FH5. It still can be done though, there are resp. 5 and 6 days remaining on those 2 bugged daily challenges. Fingers crossed PG might release a new hotfix before Tuesday afternoon that fixes this and gives just enough time to complete it.

If not, well then they should just retroactively file these events as completed for every player.
To be fair, I'm currently on 104.9% completion for Autumn, to go with my 104.7% completion on Summer... :lol:

I feel a little unclean. I bought a Lola for 93,000. Used the mastery tree up to and including the Super Wheelspins, then re-auctioned it for 303,000. 😈

I bought 2 cars on at the AH and that daily didn't trigger for me either. So that makes two that are impossible to complete. It's definitely 1st world problems, but this crap with all these little bugs is building up some frustration in me.

Edit: Actually 3, I forgot about the stories one that wouldn't complete.

Last edited:
I truly love how FH games never explain a damn thing.

Two of this week's Festival Playlist events feature literally non-existent car classes. You can't search or filter for them, they're just "cars we say are x".

Does anyone know how PG defines "Reasonably Priced Cars" and "Collector's Series"? The latter seems to be a certain subset of Legendary cars, but otherwise I have no clue.

How do I look at the Hall Of Fame Leaderboard? Just spent a while hunting through menus.

I turned round, and then after a few miles went back and there was plenty of traffic, but not enough time to complete. If I spent less time going the other way it might be possible to complete while bugged but probably not get 3 stars.

Two of this week's Festival Playlist events feature literally non-existent car classes. You can't search or filter for them, they're just "cars we say are x".

Does anyone know how PG defines "Reasonably Priced Cars" and "Collector's Series"? The latter seems to be a certain subset of Legendary cars, but otherwise I have no clue.
If you go to create a blueprint you can see both categories under the "Horizon Special" tab of the car theme selection screen.

This struck me when I tried Eliminator for the first time. I had next to no idea what was going on -- it was not the lap-based elimination race I expected and the game did not offer enough guidance. Go figure that it's another grab at a slice of the battle royale pie.

Contrast these things to skill songs, which offer an unnecessary text box explaining a non-essential mechanic, top and center, for the full duration of the song.

That's modern design for you! This is a Microsoft game, after all.

Edit: Forget all of that

I created a Blueprint on the original Horizon Festival Drag Race ("Festival Drag Strip") event to complete Step 3 of the Weekly challenge
(you need to take a pic of another car than the one used, both will be in that short drag race)
1637857206661.png

Last edited:
What a strange Trial. My worst nightmare became real. 2 guys entered in X class car, 3 in S2 and one in S1. And so did the Drivatars. The 2 X Drivatars where insane right from the start and all of my team quit after 20 seconds. Managed to secure the third place somehow and won because alone. I will try it again... maybe.

PSA for this weeks Trial: It has no PI limit whatsoever, and it seems that the AI will go for S2 or X-Class cars.

Edit: Correction, the Driveatar teams composition will try to mirror your own. I noticed that our team had 1 S1 car and one X car, and so did the Driveatar team. Also, the AI is very, very poor. I had a couple cars that took off almost instantly from the rest of us, but the other driveatars were constantly strafing along the track and having a hard time taking corners. It helps that I had a good team, but I was thankfully able to win this on the first try in a pretty much stock Senna.

Last edited:
What a strange Trial. My worst nightmare became real. 2 guys entered in X class car, 3 in S2 and one in S1. And so did the Drivatars. The 2 X Drivatars where insane right from the start and all of my team quit after 20 seconds. Managed to secure the third place somehow and won because alone. I will try it again... maybe.
I managed to win it, I entered in an overpowered McLaren Senna, and almost everyone quit after 1 minute, there was only another player in a similar Senna and we did the 2 others races in 2nd & 3rd position.

I guess that's the easiest way to won the trials, being 2-3 players max.

you need to take a pic of another car than the one used
Wait what?

The description doesn't convey that at all. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but... wow.

Edit: Nope. I just took a photo of the 992 I was driving on its own right after getting my ninth Speed Trap star, and got the Timeless Looks stage completed...

Last edited:
Wait what?

The description doesn't convey that at all. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but... wow.

Edit: Nope. I just took a photo of the 992 I was driving on its own right after getting my ninth Speed Trap star, and got the Timeless Looks stage completed...
Oh no, you must be kidding, right?
I know you don't. I first understand the description as you do, but i took several shots without triggering the last stage of the challenge. Then i set up the race, took a pic (with both cars on screen), got no message, but then i was at stage 4/4 on the festival list :banghead:

Last edited:
Drivatars always mirror the players. If 6 players show up in that B-class Ferrari, then you will have a nice B-class race going on.

To be fair, I'm currently on 104.9% completion for Autumn, to go with my 104.7% completion on Summer... :lol:
Yeah same here but you can always see your past festival series in detail. So a year from now you can still see in S1.2 you did 5/7 daily challenges. I know, it’s a completionist thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Drivatars are basically supposed to be sort-of copies of the general driving style of the people whose names are shown above the cars, right, rather than just the same old numbnuts AI with a player name above them?
That's what they claim, the fact I've seen players from my friends list that have never played any Forza titles kind of ruins that illusion though. :lol:
I know, right?

I’d rather just have 11 M. Rossis against me, at least (s)he had a semblance of proper racecraft!
Anyway, bearing this in mind, what has @UKMikey been doing at race starts in order that his Drivatar has learned this?

(about five seconds later I passed every other Drivatar as they were all spearing across the course or backwards after landing the jump)

Back