Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,964 comments
Mind if I ask what people thought of the story/characters/dialogue in the game? I'm personally not a huge fan of the game's presentation, and every latin-american player that I've spoken to hates the way that all the characters talk.
I think it does the job ok. Personally & thankfully, it feels very brief and easy to get through the "story" (although, a few in here have pointed out the inconsistency in the characters giving you props for stuff you haven't done yet, lol), so I don't have to hear much of it.

That said, I have heard the complaints of those as well; the mixture of English with some Spanish casually thrown in does feel like it's done to "sell" the story more. I for one, am happy to not hear, "Papa Fernando" anymore.

Thanks to the one of the prizes this week being the Huayra BC, I finally got the race helmet, the clothing item I wanted most since day one. Why this is locked behind owning every Pagani is beyond my comprehension. :lol:

D4F49EDB-C4C0-4821-9BE3-02B53F370D31.png

Last edited:
It's fine. Lets be real, there is going to be a very loud, and frankly, very dumb subsection of the racing game crowd who basically turn into John Carmack when it comes to story in racing games, so developers are hesitant on even adding it as an inciting incident, and players are fine racing in a vacuum, more or less.

I'd like this to change, because at some point it needs to. But for now, FH5's story and dialog is fine.
I promise I am not saying this about anyone here, but a lot of gamers also probably hear Mexico and instantly have prejudiced thoughts so I could see some people hating the dialogue for that reason.

I'll be honest, as a Hispanic who works and lives around many other Hispanics I feel like some of the Spanglish is forced, but at the same time it is a celebration of Mexican culture and is trying to cater to a mostly English speaking audience so I totally get it.

1128212215.jpg

:censored:ING FINALLY!!! Took out three of the opposition which is rather aggressive for me, usually I play the "Hide With Pride" card.

Almost was eliminated at the very end; Player 2 in a Level 9 Gymkhana Focus challenged me, and I got ahead and to the pavement first... Only to head-on the only other player left in the session, driving an AMG One. Watched the Focus go sailing into the brush to kill my ass, and was saved at the last second by the call for the final round to begin. :scared:

Made a lucky guess which direction the finish was and got a great run, and at that point I surgically made my way across the landscape in my Level 7 barge. The Focus gave chase and ate a tree. /story.

Edit: When did we lose the censorship smiley??

Last edited:
Wow. I step away for a few hours and one person manages to turn the entire thread upside down. There’s a reason I put that particular person on ignore way back in the FH2 days. I have lost nothing and gained much by not having to read their angry but empty posts. I strongly suggest others do the same.

Getting back on subject, winning the Eliminator in the Vocho isn’t impossible. I forget who posted it, but back in the early release days, someone posted a screen cap of them winning with the Vocho. There are a few things in its favor. First, it’s no stock Type 1. It’s been well tuned and will go over 130mph. Second, a lot of higher level cars are speed limited because they are rally raid cars. Third, map knowledge is key. Right now everyone is at a disadvantage in that regard, but even a little edge in knowledge can go a long way. I won an Eliminator that started at the western base of the volcano and ended at the eastern base. Everyone in the level 8/9/10 cars tried to go straight over the mountain. I followed the roads around the south edge of the volcano and won in my level 5 Bronco easily. Finally, I won an Eliminator in England in the Mini. So I know it’s possible. As soon as I win the “five eliminations in one session” accolade (not easy for me, I’m very much a “hide and rely on car drops” type player), I’ll be going after the “Win with the Vocho” accolade.

Warning: the game wiped my save data. This is on PC, it's not cloud-related (I made sure to turn cloud saving off), and the game did not offer any kind of warning or indication that I saw. I had just finished collecting 40 points on the current playlist, returned home, switched cars, and exited the game from the menu. I came back later, started the game, and it greeted me with the first-time setup and a new game. By then, it was too late to rescue my data.

It kept my control bindings and some of my video settings, but not the difficulty, audio, or other video settings. In the save folder, all the livery files for my cars were still there. After grinding back through the introductory part of the game (insult to injury), I confirmed everything else is gone.

Whatever they goofed, that is really something in a game where cars are special limited prizes. I'll have to re-motivate myself to collect the 22B. Maybe I'll settle for collecting it later. No McLaren F1 for me, that's for sure.

Now that I know where the save data is, I will keep backups.
Was this on the Microsoft version or Steam version?

If anyone is interested in an AFK skillpoints farmer setup, I've put together probably my 3rd iteration of the dealio. I'll make an improved iteration down the road where I remove one of the ramps at the halfway point to guarantee the first half of the lap gets banked before the car starts returning to the starting point. Right now you can expect anywhere between 10 to 20 skill points gained per lap. A lap I recall takes about 4 minutes to complete?

Recommended vehicle (because I spaced some of the ramps with this car at its max speed): Mercedes CLK-GTR FE (stock one costs 645,000cr for buyout in auctions).

Required mastery perks:
Keepin' it Clean
200 IQ
Stay on Target
Skill Legend
optional: Extra Life

Total: 47 skill points required for purchasing (72 with Extra Life)

Share codes:
Blueprint: 146 472 925 ("AFK Kangaroo & Ult. Speed 40-lap")
Tune: 154 212 976
Alternatively, look up my name Parsnips5336

As with any AFK setup, change your difficulty to allow Auto-steering and assisted braking, turn on TCS and ABS for good measure, and of course set to Automatic transmission.

Strap down your accelerator binding and you're good to go. I use a Dualshock 4, bind Right-stick Up to Accelerate, strap a rubber band around it to pull up, wrap it over and around the controller (resting it to the left side of R2) to wrap the other end around the right "wing" of the controller.

Enjoy raking in the Kangaroos, Ultimate Speed Skills, and Clean Racing banners.

Last edited:
Was this on the Microsoft version or Steam version?
Steam.

Mind if I ask what people thought of the story/characters/dialogue in the game? I'm personally not a huge fan of the game's presentation, and every latin-american player that I've spoken to hates the way that all the characters talk.
Cringe and irritating as expected, but I have biases. It would be better without voiceovers -- too bad turning the speech volume to zero doesn't seem to do anything on my end. One more bug I've found that I hadn't mentioned yet.

Getting back on subject, winning the Eliminator in the Vocho isn’t impossible. I forget who posted it, but back in the early release days, someone posted a screen cap of them winning with the Vocho.
That was a screen of him getting to the final race in Vocho not winning. There is an Accolade for that.
I believe it is impossible because a lv2 Golf is already faster and I still haven't done the last race without any lv10 car in it. Now the Vocho may do 130, but a lv 9 Andretti Rallycross Beetle can do 200mph.
I remember a similar experience you had when the last race started at Baja Festival and finished at Mexico Festival. Everyone started climbing the volcano. I checked the map and went around. Easy win, but I was still in a lv7 Nissan GT-R.
Anyway there is no Accolade for winning in a Vocho and the hardest Accolade imo is the "Heads up" where you need to win a game without any car drops. You can still take the cars from other players and level your car to be competitive in the final race.
Actually now I remember DUBS tried to win in a Vocho without any luck. He is not the best driver but is way better than me. If you want to watch his attempt...

Good luck with the challenge!

That was a screen of him getting to the final race in Vocho not winning. There is an Accolade for that.
I believe it is impossible because a lv2 Golf is already faster and I still haven't done the last race without any lv10 car in it. Now the Vocho may do 130, but a lv 9 Andretti Rallycross Beetle can do 200mph.
I remember a similar experience you had when the last race started at Baja Festival and finished at Mexico Festival. Everyone started climbing the volcano. I checked the map and went around. Easy win, but I was still in a lv7 Nissan GT-R.
Anyway there is no Accolade for winning in a Vocho and the hardest Accolade imo is the "Heads up" where you need to win a game without any car drops. You can still take the cars from other players and level your car to be competitive in the final race.
I knew I wasn’t imagining it. @TheAdmiester won it with a Vocho.
I hopped on today just to do the 30th+ place weekly challenge, and got a bit carried away:
View attachment 1092160

At least that's all the harder accolades done in one swoop!
But you are right there is no accolade for winning it with the Vocho. I think I was conflating “The Pacifist” (Survive until the Final Showdown in a Level 1 car”) and Heads Up. Still, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to try it.

Price? They all cost a fortune.

NASCAR oval with working AI.

Now THAT is GENIUS! I love it. I've read that at some point Playground Games and Xbox Game Studios might allow starting a track anywhere. That way I'll be able to create an actual replica of Sky Ramp from Stunt Race FX! EDIT: I just looked for editing capacity, they said they might add it too.

Last edited:
I'm another Motorsport fan, who's never been a big fan of the horizon series, in fact I've only played 5, as I had a gamepass code to use.
I've never found the actual racing fun, going back to the very first game and found the world quite shallow compared to TDU2.

However, I now love being able to create your own events and challenge cards. Not sure if they ever added it to 4, but being able to have no drivetars is massive for a rally fan like me. I own WRC 10 and Dirt 2, but I did a challenge card with a Subaru, set at night and in the rain and the experience was as good as anything in those. (Maybe the graphics go a long way.)

Normally my stance has been keep the horizon out of my motorsport game but being able to create your own race events in the next Motorsport game would be amazing, would be a nice touch to make your custom races 'official'.

The characters talk like someone teaching Spanish to 3rd graders would. It’s super cheesy. Also they really dropped the ball on the radio station thing, they should of absolutely had at least one station with nothing but Latin American/Spanish music.

I played Far Cry 6 right before FH5, the game itself is just another Far Cry game nothing remarkable, but the soundtrack in that game is killer. Flying around in helicopters listening to the huge variety of Latin American music on the radio, I was thinking how cool would it be to be listening to this music racing around Mexico in FH5? I was super let down they didn’t include more Latin American music.

Last edited:
It starts at 340,000 for the 458 Speciale, a Track Toy. There are costlier Track Toys not in the list.
The list mixes RWD and AWD, several car types, several manufacturer.
There's no common theme, they're just the cars PG has selected for that list; it's one of the Blueprint/EventLab vehicle selections you can view if you go to create an event.

Any legit ways of making Credits like in FH4 where some cars had credits reward for skill points or did Playground Games fix it in this Horizon?
Get yourself a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Forza Edition. Unlock all of its Mastery Perks, which will make it get better, faster skill score combos. Then head to the highway and drive up and down (on oncoming), making sure you get tons of near misses and high speed skills. Watch your skill multiplier, and score, build up. When it gets to 40000 points (x5.0 multiplier), slow down, pull to the side and let it bank the skill points. It may be tempting to continue the combo but it gets riskier, the longer you go, and you won't get any more skill points for combos larger than 500000 points anyway (maximum is 10 skill points per combo). Then continue repeating this process until satisfied.

Now, once you've acquired enough skill points. Go the autoshow and buy yourself some Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTAs, for 25000 Cr a piece. Then, go into their car mastery and spend 14 skill points (per Pontiac) to unlock a Super Wheelspin reward. It's quite more likely than not, given the rewards from Super Wheelspins, that you'll easily make back the money you've spent on the car and generate a nice profit, or you'll get a nice car as a reward. Again, repeat until satisfied.

The characters talk like someone teaching Spanish to 3rd graders would. It’s super cheesy. Also they really dropped the ball on the radio station thing, they should of absolutely had at least one station with nothing but Latin American/Spanish music.

I played Far Cry 6 right before FH5, the game itself is just another Far Cry game nothing remarkable, but the soundtrack in that game is killer. Flying around in helicopters listening to the music on the radio, I was thinking how cool would it be to be listening to this music racing around Mexico in FH5? I was super let down they didn’t include more Latin American music.
I tried the 5th Horizon game in French since day one and they speak normal french instead of having any accent. Always been a fan of French-capable video games. I mean, heck, in 3 Warren's french version sounds like he's in his early 20's and in 4 Alex sounds like he's 20-25 years old max. They often go for younger voices in French.

Thanks to the one of the prizes this week being the Huayra BC, I finally got the race helmet, the clothing item I wanted most since day one. Why this is locked behind owning every Pagani is beyond my comprehension. :lol:
Does having owned a car at one point count in the game, as I auctioned a Zonda early on, think it was a FE as well.
At least I have my Monster rally cap and the modern racing suit.

There's no common theme, they're just the cars PG has selected for that list; it's one of the Blueprint/EventLab vehicle selections you can view if you go to create an event.
I noticed your message and its answers about this a few days ago. I was looking for a logic that would cover futur cars addition to the game.

View attachment 1096659

:censored:ING FINALLY!!! Took out three of the opposition which is rather aggressive for me, usually I play the "Hide With Pride" card.

Almost was eliminated at the very end; Player 2 in a Level 9 Gymkhana Focus challenged me, and I got ahead and to the pavement first... Only to head-on the only other player left in the session, driving an AMG One. Watched the Focus go sailing into the brush to kill my ass, and was saved at the last second by the call for the final round to begin. :scared:

Made a lucky guess which direction the finish was and got a great run, and at that point I surgically made my way across the landscape in my Level 7 barge. The Focus gave chase and ate a tree. /story.

Edit: When did we lose the censorship smiley??
I have placed a few times, but havent won yet. I have a serious problem with the challenge button. I cannot tell you how many times I have come accross a VW bug and not been able to challenge them and just give up and drive on. And yet when I am struggling to find a car drop, I am hunted down and challenged at the get go. As a result, I am struggling to meet the weekly challenge of defeating 2 drivers in Eliminator.

It seems like other drivers know where to get car drops from? IS there a strategy that I am not employing? Because I thought it was all "Random". I also have bad strategy when it comes to showdowns with other drivers. It's usually me that flips over, noses down, hits a tree, or some other solid object that seems to be destroyable but isnt. If anybody knows of a Tips link, please post and help an old guy out.

Also, what is the Deal with the Photo Challenge??? I can't cross that off. I've taken photo's with "Stars in the night sky" and that doesn't satisfy "taking a phot of your car in the night". I have tried the suggestion of Street Race, and that didn't work, or it wasn't night enough.

It seems like other drivers know where to get car drops from? IS there a strategy that I am not employing? Because I thought it was all "Random".
At least some of the drops definitely appear in fixed places, because they're there literally every round. I'm pretty sure they're also fixed levels - or at least close to it - too, as I keep seeing the same drops giving level 3 cars. Haven't surveyed much more than that.
Also, what is the Deal with the Photo Challenge??? I can't cross that off. I've taken photo's with "Stars in the night sky" and that doesn't satisfy "taking a phot of your car in the night". I have tried the suggestion of Street Race, and that didn't work, or it wasn't night enough.
Yes, the definition of "night" is quite narrow. The Street Race idea is good, but you need one specifically set to "night", not "evening" or "sunset". There's one down on the southernmost road between the airport and the marshes.

Edit: Jungle Descent, on the big bridge down there.

Last edited:
Back