Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,134 comments
One car I haven't seen anyone talk about is the the Saleen S1. It may not have a lot of top-end speed but it's very good in the corners with excellent drive traction. I bought it thinking that I'd be able to unlock the S7 through car mastery but no, it's a wheelspin exclusive (I didn't know this at the time). Still, I gave the car a go and was pleasantly surprised by the performance.

One car I haven't seen anyone talk about is the the Saleen S1. It may not have a lot of top-end speed but it's very good in the corners with excellent drive traction. I bought it thinking that I'd be able to unlock the S7 through car mastery but no, it's a wheelspin exclusive (I didn't know this at the time). Still, I gave the car a go and was pleasantly surprised by the performance.
The Saleen S1 also has an interesting history. Some say that it could be the first Chinese-produced car in the Forza franchise.

I wouldn't really call it giving Subaru attention considering every car is just a variant of the WRX. Really, they're just giving WRX' attention rather than the actual brand. Would be nice to see something actually different from the Subaru line up.
360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360

I used the S1 in a street race this morning and was very pleased with how much speed it can hold through a corner and the grunt coming out of corners. It's kind of an overlooked gem.

While they are certainly adding the WRX relatively aggressively, it's a bit disappointing that all of them are VAB WRX variants and not what the community requested.

It's not that the S209 or ARX are bad cars, but if they were going to add a WRX, adding a bugeye WRX would probably have pleased the community more.
The bugeye WRX has always been one of the most underrated WRX in racing games, and one of the most sought after by the community in Forza for years.

Oooooo... kay. The game has undone some of my completed accolades.

Jay's Great Idea (Trailblazers), Water Performance (Trailblazers), and Lightning Strikes Twice (Trailblazers) have all become marked as not complete. Moreover, I pinned Lightning Strikes Twice and went to do it again (because it's easy) and it ticked the second requirement (complete in under a minute) but not the first one and then unpinned itself.

And then played the right audio but the "Speed Run" subtitles.

I'm not sure what the point of doing things is if they're going to be undone next time you log in.

I wouldn't really call it giving Subaru attention considering every car is just a variant of the WRX. Really, they're just giving WRX' attention rather than the actual brand. Would be nice to see something actually different from the Subaru line up.
Preach!

vivio1.jpg

Subaru_Baja_XT-4.jpeg

subaruxtawd-5504887d7dae8.jpg

I finally got around to trying Horizon Tour mode today since I could knock out 2 playlist items at once and was pleasantly surprised. It may just be that this weeks combo is a good one and I got lucky with the match-making but I made it through all 3 rounds thoroughly enjoying myself. Well, except for the part where I supposedly missed a checkpoint despite running it over, resulting in a last place finish...

I always enjoy the Horizon Tours that I've done. They are well matched and fun short races. Same for the Playground games. I'm avoiding Arcade for now, but if it works it looks like fun. I just haven't heard of any changes yet and it looks like Arcade is not working well for a lot of people - the only time I was in it the odds were impossible.

I finally got around to trying Horizon Tour mode today since I could knock out 2 playlist items at once and was pleasantly surprised. It may just be that this weeks combo is a good one and I got lucky with the match-making but I made it through all 3 rounds thoroughly enjoying myself. Well, except for the part where I supposedly missed a checkpoint despite running it over, resulting in a last place finish...
I had a strange one today. It was dirt racing and I chose the Ford Puma FE. I easily won the first race but the other team came in second through seventh. The rest of my team failed to score a single point. However three players quit partway through, so the final score was only 800-650. The second race was only the remaining three of us. I was leading but made a minor over-correction in my steering while going over a hill and the car rotated on me a little too much (the short wheelbase on that Puma makes the car a little too eager to rotate on its yaw axis.) I came in third, but for some reason the other two players on my team quit. So I won 400-250. That left me alone against the other team in the final race, which I won easily 650-0. I'm not sure why the other players all quit early.

Any legit ways of making Credits like in FH4 where some cars had credits reward for skill points or did Playground Games fix it in this Horizon?

Just posted this earlier yesterday. Basically I've automated what @warp9engage said, but I'm using the Mercedes CLK-GTR instead because it has the x7 multiplier perk and Speed Skills Boost. This means you only need to rack up about 71000-72000 skill points rather than 100,000. This one is focused on acquiring Speed, Air, Kangaroo, Clean Racing skills.

Recommended vehicle (because I spaced some of the ramps with this car at its max speed): Mercedes CLK-GTR FE (stock one costs 645,000cr for buyout in auctions).

Required mastery perks:
Keepin' it Clean
200 IQ
Stay on Target
Skill Legend
optional: Extra Life

Total: 47 skill points required for purchasing (72 with Extra Life)

Share codes:
Blueprint: 146 472 925 ("AFK Kangaroo & Ult. Speed 40-lap")
Tune: 154 212 976
Alternatively, look up my name Parsnips5336

As with any AFK setup, change your difficulty to allow Auto-steering and assisted braking, turn on TCS and ABS for good measure, and of course set to Automatic transmission.

Strap down your accelerator binding and you're good to go. I use a Dualshock 4, bind Right-stick Up to Accelerate, strap a rubber band around it to pull up, wrap it over and around the controller (resting it to the left side of R2) to wrap the other end around the right "wing" of the controller.

Enjoy raking in the Kangaroos, Ultimate Speed Skills, and Clean Racing banners.

A faster way based on my experience in Horizon 4 is to look for a Drift Skills Boost car that has a Skills multiplier, Air and wreckage skills. The reason for this is because you can clock in all increments of drift skills, and smash through small debris at the same time. This racks up skill points at such high frequency even the ticker can't keep up with you. If you find a place you can slide left and right (with drifts that last long enough to register "Ultimate Drift", rinse and repeat in the other direction), while clobbering through obstacles without losing speed, you can reach your target goal of 500,000 skill points in a minute or two. The only reason I didn't recommend this at first is because this occupies your hands.

Last edited:
Just posted this earlier yesterday. Basically I've automated what @warp9engage said, but I'm using the Mercedes CLK-GTR instead because it has the x7 multiplier perk and Speed Skills Boost. This means you only need to rack up about 71000-72000 skill points rather than 100,000. This one is focused on acquiring Speed, Air, Kangaroo, Clean Racing skills.

A faster way based on my experience in Horizon 4 is to look for a Drift Skills Boost car that has a Skills multiplier, Air and wreckage skills. The reason for this is because you can clock in all increments of drift skills, and smash through small debris at the same time. This racks up skill points at such high frequency even the ticker can't keep up with you. If you find a place you can slide left and right (with drifts that last long enough to register "Ultimate Drift", rinse and repeat in the other direction), while clobbering through obstacles without losing speed, you can reach your target goal of 500,000 skill points in a minute or two. The only reason I didn't recommend this at first is because this occupies your hands.
Used your course this evening; only put in 10 laps, but it racks up more than enough for that on around 30-35 minutes. 👍

To the 2nd point, the Hoonigan Mustang works very well for that when you have its 8x chain multiplier unlocked.

Has anyone else noticed that the cars that were barn finds in FH4 are still labeled as such in FH5? I'm sure it's a mistake, some kind of copy/paste error. It's just interesting to see these cars being shown this way.

Is it just me, or is the Accolade for winning the Eliminator in the basic Beetle - or with upgrades from eliminations - literally impossible without, if it can even be done, boosting?
On the link posted by @bluemoon_19 , someone says you can unlock it by upgrading cars after face-2-face, you just can't take drops. If someone tried that, please tell us.
To the 2nd point, the Hoonigan Mustang works very well for that when you have its 8x chain multiplier unlocked.
With 42% masteries tree filled on K', that's the only car with that x8 multiplier that I see. It's also a very good versatile car for open world activities with a off-road setup.

On the link posted by @bluemoon_19 , someone says you can unlock it by upgrading cars after face-2-face, you just can't take drops. If someone tried that, please tell us.
I can confirm that. It's also the hardest Accolade in the Eliminator tree by far. You need a bug free session, you need to find and beat several other people and pray that all the lv10 cars in the last race smash into something hard.

Win in a lv7 car after defeating 5 opponents.
FEqrcrAXsAM50fQ

Also got my last wheelspin exclusive today.
FFbFbbWXwAMeWb_

Last edited:
Meta in this game seems to be dominated by either power builds, awd swaps, and downgraded supercars....
I'm torn on whether being able to AWD convert everything is a good thing or not - it's unrealistic and becomes almost mandatory for the fastest builds, but then on the other hand it makes the game more accessible for less skilled players who might struggle with high-powered supercars otherwise. Yes, it makes competitive gameplay a bit samey, but I'm not sure that balance and serious PVP are even intended, despite the leaderboards on everything - the Sesto Elemento FE on top of the Hoonigan RS200 from last time says to me that PG aren't looking for everything to be balanced and fair.

The BoneShaker was banned in FH4 for being a little too good in a straight line. That should say something about it...Also, it has deceptively good handling for what it is. You can lean into a power-heavy build that doesn't screw with its handling.
Banned? Does that mean I have to remove mine from my FH4 garage?

Has anyone else noticed that the cars that were barn finds in FH4 are still labeled as such in FH5? I'm sure it's a mistake, some kind of copy/paste error. It's just interesting to see these cars being shown this way.
A similar mistake can be seen in the Blueprint car theme.
Supposedly they copied and pasted the basic list from FH4 and just added some cars like the 350Z FE to finish the job.
This is why car themes such as Muscle vs Tuner do not have any Toyota cars.
So in order for us to play these themes in their complete form, we need to produce our own themed car list.

I think that the fastest method for farming Skill Points is by repeating the 10SP in 30sec Blueprints. There are plenty of them in Event Lab. So the trick is that SP aren't connected to the completition of the event. Even when you restart the event you still bank those SP. Doing so you can easily complete the event every minute. Even on a Xbones. 100 SP in 10 minutes.
So I can still use it in single player?
It is not banned like you can't use it. In FH4 you can't select it when doing Online racing. It's not banned in FH5 so you can race online too. Different games.

Last edited:
I had a strange one today. It was dirt racing and I chose the Ford Puma FE. I easily won the first race but the other team came in second through seventh. The rest of my team failed to score a single point. However three players quit partway through, so the final score was only 800-650. The second race was only the remaining three of us. I was leading but made a minor over-correction in my steering while going over a hill and the car rotated on me a little too much (the short wheelbase on that Puma makes the car a little too eager to rotate on its yaw axis.) I came in third, but for some reason the other two players on my team quit. So I won 400-250. That left me alone against the other team in the final race, which I won easily 650-0. I'm not sure why the other players all quit early.
That's just the ebb and flow of the weekly playlist. Thursday up through the weekend you have everyone trying to knock out their chores and get their toys as fast as possible, so there's a lot more people playing and the skill level generally increases. When the front half of the week rolls around, most of the multiplayer lobbies go quieter and all that's left are the severe latecomers and the pinball kiddies who ragequit the instant they fail to ram someone out of a checkpoint and get spun out.

It was the same way in FH4, though not quite as obvious as the playerbase was somewhat smaller than it is now.

Latest Posts

Back