Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,134 comments
  • Giving you a list of over 1,000 accolades to complete without a search function. Say I want to get a certain car but it's only available via Accolades; the Car Collection screen will tell me which Accolade I need to complete in order to get it which is great, however once I visit the Accolades screen there is no way to tell which category this is in and there are a lot of them. So I'm forced to either search for the location online (never a good experience for a player) or go through every single Accolade until I find the one I want because, and here's another mad idea, the name of each Accolade doesn't appear until you highlight it.
To be fair, the accolades that give away cars have a car icon in the top right, which should cut down on your search time considerably.

Yeah sure. I used only two, but saw others too. Here are the codes:
743 324 179
497 519 560
I use the first one. It’s fast and easy. I hook a quarter into my controller to keep the right trigger compressed, so all I have to do is hit the X button to restart at the end of the run. I watched The Mitchells versus the Machines while doing this and racked up about 860 skill points. It would have been a thousand except the movie was so good I kept getting swept up in it and forgetting to hit the X button.

By the way, an epilogue to my data loss tale:

Capture3.jpg

I'm not taking it for granted that I'll keep what I've earned, but at least I can apply things I learned to a revised playthrough. Some things I'm doing differently this time:
  • Playing in Horizon Solo. I should have known better, but I've been away from the franchise for years. All this traffic is a game-changer to a rather profound degree; Horizon Life had ended up feeling like playing FUEL. I kind of...forgot that FH is supposed to be more like Horizon Solo. I did enjoy crossing paths with and briefly accompanying random players, so I hope Horizon Life's current functionality is way off from how it should work.
  • Not getting rid of cars before they're ready. I don't like the clutter (wheelspins are going to be a neverending nuisance), but this time I already know I should photograph every car I acquire for completion, to the extent that matters.
  • Spending money and unlocks more knowledgeably. Like establishing the PR stunt outpost early, for example, as well as using my free car voucher specifically for the "high rollers" playlist entry to collect my 22B.
  • Filling in the road map extra carefully. Last time, I still had only 577/578 roads despite exhaustive examination. Before I do much of anything else, I want to get this done so it won't irrationally irk me anymore (I don't like small-scale map-filling; can't the "brush" be bigger?). The 22B shall be my steed on this quest.

Big shout out to the obvious Eliminator cheat in the Lv1 Beetle who was faster everywhere than my Beetle, had more torque than my Beetle (couldn't push him, he could push me no bother), couldn't be challenged, and was hanging around car drops to troll people into races.

Unlike you I think I must have tried to hit that pylon board more than a hundred times. The bridge strut one is a walk in the park by comparison.
I haven’t even bothered trying the pylon one yet. Don’t even think I’ve triggered it’s location in the map somehow. The bridge strut one I hit within 10 attempts using a 1700bhp Jeep Trailblazer build I made predominantly for danger signs but worked well for this and the hotel board in particular.

The pylon one was one of the easiest for me in the end, the bridge strut one and a random rooftop one took me much longer. I got the hotel balcony one on my 2nd attempt which I was very happy about!

It's going to be very hard for PG to find good Event Lab blueprints for future series...

I thought I'd play one tonight hoping to find something a bit different.

Apart from the ones that PG created themselves, all the "best"/"most popular" events are flooded with...

AFK
10SP in 27S

🙄 :(

It's going to be very hard for PG to find good Event Lab blueprints for future series...

Apart from the ones that PG created themselves, all the "best"/"most popular" events are flooded with...

AFK
10SP in 27S

From the sounds of things they could do with making a couple of concessions to non professional event builders such as having track sections snap to the previous one instead of having to be micro-manipulated into position, and allowing you to save a track as a work in progress so you can edit it later.

AFK
10SP in 27S

Just a reminder that "most popular" ≠ "best".

From the sounds of things they could do with making a couple of concessions to non professional event builders such as having track sections snap to the previous one instead of having to be micro-manipulated into position, and allowing you to save a track as a work in progress so you can edit it later.
I like every one of these ideas.

Last edited:
The pylon one was one of the easiest for me in the end, the bridge strut one and a random rooftop one took me much longer. I got the hotel balcony one on my 2nd attempt which I was very happy about!
I finally got all of them. The one on the roof of the big white tent thing took me forever. I'd forgotten there was a big ramp at the roundabout. lol. The bridge pylon one I jagged after 3 attempts and the powerline one I got first go once I selected the Hoonigan RS200 to throw at it.

I had the no traffic bug hit me a couple times while playing solo after trying to complete Horizon Arcade. So I took advantage of it to complete the speed traps and speed zones littered throughout the map. The only one I've got left is the speed trap that goes through a river.

I had the no traffic bug hit me a couple times while playing solo after trying to complete Horizon Arcade. So I took advantage of it to complete the speed traps and speed zones littered throughout the map. The only one I've got left is the speed trap that goes through a river.
I just got this one today. My solution:
There is a small hill on the southeast corner of where the road crosses the river. I ran through the trees beyond it to clear a path. That run up gave me enough speed to launch over the hill and through the speed trap without hitting the river. I'm almost certain that hill was put there specifically for that reason.

You know the hill behind it that goes up to the road with the suspension bridge and tunnel on it? Go straight up that and then take a straight run in the most overpowered offroader you have.

Is it just me, or is the Accolade for winning the Eliminator in the basic Beetle - or with upgrades from eliminations - literally impossible without, if it can even be done, boosting?
Well shut my mouth.

Got all the way to the final arena with apparently everyone avoiding challenging me, then I got challenged by an invisible Mercedes-AMG Coupe... and beat it. He must have got hung up on the rock I was hiding behind.

That was the last elimination to take it to 12, and now I had a 180mph car and a straight road past the Festival site to the finish.

I did an actual "lol".

Of course the Accolade will be undone again by morning but whatever...

Well shut my mouth.

Got all the way to the final arena with apparently everyone avoiding challenging me, then I got challenged by an invisible Mercedes-AMG Coupe... and beat it. He must have got hung up on the rock I was hiding behind.

That was the last elimination to take it to 12, and now I had a 180mph car and a straight road past the Festival site to the finish.

I did an actual "lol".

Oh you and your cynicism. But seriously, congratulations.

Last edited:
Well shut my mouth.

I did an actual "lol".

Take it from someone who’s Eliminator Accolades have looked like this for quite some time now..
04C1E5E3-9A7D-45D5-94CB-3C8737DC283C.jpeg

Your new Accolade should be more than safe. ;)👍

I finally got all of them. The one on the roof of the big white tent thing took me forever. I'd forgotten there was a big ramp at the roundabout. lol. The bridge pylon one I jagged after 3 attempts and the powerline one I got first go once I selected the Hoonigan RS200 to throw at it.
That XP board hanging off the electricity transmission power line adjacent to the highway was completed on the first go, and I used the Koenigsegg Jesko (yeah, cliche vehicle, I know) to complete that.

River speed trap was done with S1 Off-road Mercedes race truck. It almost don't lose speed in water

I just got this one today. My solution:
There is a small hill on the southeast corner of where the road crosses the river. I ran through the trees beyond it to clear a path. That run up gave me enough speed to launch over the hill and through the speed trap without hitting the river. I'm almost certain that hill was put there specifically for that reason.
I wish I'd known this at the time. In the end I kind of took a diagonal route out of the jungle SE of the river crossing.
That XP board hanging off the electricity transmission power line adjacent to the highway was completed on the first go, and I used the Koenigsegg Jesko (yeah, cliche vehicle, I know) to complete that.
I'm guessing car choice plays a big part in this. I tried doing this early on after cracking 248 of the other 249 boards but my Intensa Emozione and trusty Sesto FE weren't cutting it so I gave up.

I take it the only route you can take is east to west on the highway and making the jump to the left of the bridge? I just noticed this bloke also starts from the inside of the three lanes so I'm going to try that next time as I keep missing the board to the right. Rassum frassum.

Last edited:
I'm guessing car choice plays a big part in this. I tried doing this early on after cracking 248 of the other 249 boards but my Intensa Emozione and trusty Sesto FE weren't cutting it so I gave up.

I take it the only route you can take is east to west on the highway and making the jump to the left of the bridge?
I did the pylon board in a Bronco race truck with the 1750hp sand rail engine - I had the motorway on my left, and just hit the nearest hill at speed. I had to rewind to slow down a couple of times as I was hitting above it, then got it without too much bother.

The same Bronco 3-starred the water splash speed trap too, first time, via sheer brute force.

If DJS is complaining, then it’s getting serious.

For the power line board,
yes, go east to west. On the road just east of the power line, there is a hill that will launch you right at it. Just east of that road is another hill you use to gather speed. So down the hill, across the road and up the other hill. Hit the Y button a million times until you get the speed and angle right. You’ll need something wicked powerful. I used an Agera RS with AWD, rally suspension and rally tires.

I just tuned the Jeep Trailblazer to 1700bhp and it handled well enough to just follow to road round and boot it through the river at 160.

You know the hill behind it that goes up to the road with the suspension bridge and tunnel on it? Go straight up that and then take a straight run in the most overpowered offroader you have.
This is how I did it using the #1 Toyota trophy truck, it was pretty easy

The influencers are complaining now so hopefully that will speed up the bug fixes.
View attachment 1097121

I'm pretty sure they're already trying to fix things as quickly as possible, no game developer purposely slows down unless it's near the end of a game's life cycle. I will say, however, that communication isn't exactly their strong point. The last Tweet on the support account was 12 days ago and just said "we're aware of things and are working on them" which gives us zero information. The in-game messages are nice but again don't really tell us anything. I haven't seen any representatives on any social media platforms trying to answer questions or discuss things with players. Even Need for Speed managed that!

What they've done is launched the game in a bit of a state (which admittedly was probably unavoidable with this many players), released a small hotfix that fixed some minor bugs (but removed exploits that allowed people to have fun), then just went silent. It's not a good look.

It would be nice to have some info on the following:
  • Is there any chance Arcade will ever be improved or are they just hoping that more players will join without fixing the core problems like it not being obvious when it's starting?
  • Online will probably be broken for a while yet but has any progress been made? Should we be seeing improvements?
  • Will the leaderboards be reset or do we just have to live with the top spots being filled with cheaters forever?
  • Will we ever see fixes to the daily challenges that are made impossible to complete if you've finished the main story or will those remain broken forever?

Last edited:
I know it's a little bit late but the Raesr can be bought and sold for 20 mil in the AH even if you are not a Legendary Tuner/Painter. Have no idea how they got it. Never saw it in any wheelspin. Why would you do that? Because there are Accolades for buying and selling a car for 20 mil.
I use the first one. It’s fast and easy. I hook a quarter into my controller to keep the right trigger compressed, so all I have to do is hit the X button to restart at the end of the run. I watched The Mitchells versus the Machines while doing this and racked up about 860 skill points. It would have been a thousand except the movie was so good I kept getting swept up in it and forgetting to hit the X button.
Hahaha... we have similar ideas. I'm grinding it every morning now while drinking coffee and reading the news on the phone.

Back