Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,964 comments
I was able to complete all the weekly Forzathon events. The last one being the ridulously insane Photo challenge. I took hundreds of pictures of my car at night, in races, in free roam, at home, on a boat, with a goat.... And was finally able to have that magic checkmark next to "At Night". Gee I sure hope they get that fixed before we get another photo challenge at night!
The other hard one was the Coopertive Race with the $$supercars. I lucked out by finally getting a group who could race. Truthfully, my best finish was 4th. I find it annoying that we always seem to race ridiculously tight turns, or on rain soaked roads, every time its a S2 or above race. It would be nice to just have a great open road race under fine racing conditions. But instead cars are getting knocked all around and when the race is over my car looks like it was dropped from a plane. (wait, thats how the game started. Maybe they are trying to tell us something?).
Another "hard race" (I forget which one) I just kept trying to win, but could never finish above 3rd, the 2 Zondas were unbeatable. In the 3rd race, I finished first, and the 2 Zondas were conspicuously near last. I just feel cheated. I'm all for challenge, but orchestrating the results no matter how well you race just seems wrong. And THIS is the objection I have to the AI set up in this game. I am by no means the best video driver. But I am a veteran of racing games and I know when I put in some good laps. Its discouraging to do well and not be rewarded.

All (valid) gripes aside, Am I the only one that leaves the title screen running to hear the full FH5 theme (maybe twice...)? In my mind, it has become as recognizable as the Dovahkiin chant or Halo's monk chorus.
My apartment isn't that big, so I won't come running. I'm pretty much right there. But to your point, yes, this is the best opening for any FM or FH game so far. IMO

Give me some traffic other than players online, like too drive doing no challenges but the roads are dead. once i started the game and track has drivatars but in no time they disappear and your left with empty roads and expected the motorway too be busy with users racing back n forth like in fh4, but nope, dead lol, so only way is playing offline but leads too many crashes with the drivatars as they have no road manners.

Last edited:
All (valid) gripes aside, Am I the only one that leaves the title screen running to hear the full FH5 theme (maybe twice...)? In my mind, it has become as recognizable as the Dovahkiin chant or Halo's monk chorus.
It’s called “Encanto” by urbandawn. And yes, I often let it play out. I don’t know if anyone noticed, but the last part of the story that sets up the Wilds Outpost (driving the parade float off a danger sign) has a remix of this song for the background music. Here’s an hour long cut of the opening:

Question as I'm having trouble finding exact information, but does the VIP membership still offer double credit rewards?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it basically as soon as I posted that lol.
In previous games, it showed you the 2x VIP credits. This time it just shows me the total credits earned from a race. I have no way of knowing if I'm getting 2x.

Are the accolades still bugged when you're doing any of them then a few others reset?

And quite a few just doesnt work. I know its been talked about but its really frustrating when those that work gets reset.

Last edited:
Are the accolades still bugged when you're doing any of them then a few others reset?

And quite a few just doesnt work. I know its been talked about but its really frustrating when those that work gets reset.
Yep they are still bugged. There are a bunch in the Skills, like getting near misses in a Lambo, getting ultimate speed in a Pagani, getting 5 trading paint, 2 dare devils, J turn and near misses in a Subaru and others I don't remember anymore. Than all those getting 2 speed zones, speed traps, trailblazers, drift zones or jumps in tot minutes, doing 180mph for 5 sec or achieve 250 mph in Open. They will all reset once you unlock any other accolade in that same category until you complete everything else. There is more... most of them (skills apart) will preserve the total Accolade score. What that means is you can farm them over and over until you complete everything else in that category. Yeah, cheaters know that too.

Last edited:

What @strela said :D
Yep they are still bugged. There are a bunch in the Skills, like getting near misses in a Lambo, getting ultimate speed in a Pagani, getting 5 trading paint, 2 dare devils, J turn and near misses in a Subaru and others I don't remember anymore. Than all those getting 2 speed zones, speed traps, trailblazers, drift zones or jumps in tot minutes, doing 180mph for 5 sec or achieve 250 mph in Open. They will all reset once you unlock any other accolade in that same category until you complete everything else. There is more... most of them (skills apart) will preserve the total Accolade score. What that means is you can farm them over and over until you complete everything else in that category. Yeah, cheaters know that too.
I'd assume they're going to be bugged until the next update, whenever that arrives.

Also just got my first L10 car in Eliminator (the Brocky Bronco, which does 185mph over any surface) and - shock - scored my third win. Just need four more wins and six eliminations to close that category out.

I was never into Hospital before, but it started to grow on me in FH4 and is now my favorite station in FH5.
Nice! Hospital Records Radio started in Forza Horizon 2 in 2014, but Hospital Records, as a record label, has provided music for the Forza franchise since Forza Motorsport 3 back in 2009. Here are the games Hospital Records have some involvement in:

• Forza Motorsport 3
  • Forza Motorsport 4
  • Forza Horizon
  • Forza Horizon 2
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Forza Horizon 5

Also just got my first L10 car in Eliminator (the Brocky Bronco, which does 185mph over any surface) and - shock - scored my third win. Just need four more wins and six eliminations to close that category out.
I finally got my first L10 car last night as well, the AMG One. However I only came in fourth against three other L10 cars, thanks to my amazing tree locating skills (Three! I found three trees!). Even so I only need one more win for that accolade. I need about twenty more eliminations for the other accolade. And I still need to complete five eliminations in one session. I've gotten as high as four.

I was able to complete the Weekly Forzathon Eliminator challenge the other day. My lucky area is the volcano, when the arena constricts to that area. I have had a couple of challenges 'end' up at the top of the mountain. I have found the if you forgo the dirt winding path or the other winding paved road, and go up the ravine, (I believe the beginning of the Titan) you can beat most vehicles to the top, (weaker cars and non AWD cars it may be a bit tougher). Oh as far as "Tree Finding Skills" I've got a Tree Magnet on the front of my vehicles. :dopey::boggled::grumpy:

Last edited:
When I saw this post, I was wondering if there is any way to listen to the main theme or other story background music on the radio?
I like these songs, but I noticed that it doesn't show which radio station these songs are playing on during the story, and that there are only two radio stations to choose from: background music or radio off.

When I saw this post, I was wondering if there is any way to listen to the main theme or other story background music on the radio?
I like these songs, but I noticed that it doesn't show which radio station these songs are playing on during the story, and that there are only two radio stations to choose from: background music or radio off.
Urbandawn's song "Encanto" only plays on the main menu, Mexico introduction cutscene, and the introduction to the first house.

I can't remember how FH4's menu music goes now that I've listened to FH5's.

I'd say it's the definitive theme for Forza Horizon so far, but again that is subjective.

Might've done a little shoulder shimmy in the guitar portion of the music too.....

Okay I got the Accolade for losing the most skills banked. (I forget what it said, but it started with Cccccc-something). I lost over 2.6 million when I nosed into a firm palm tree. I used the Jeep Trackhawk. The Car Mastery tree is maxxed out, but the vehicle isn't Maxxed PI wise, as it's S1 855. I like the performance and handling, and it drifts pretty well too. The real news here is where I farmed the skills. A large area of inland beach with lots of grass covered mounds and plenty of destructible palm trees. It's on the East Coast of Mexico, north of the "house" there. On the map it is called Playa Tranquila, near there. With the large trees, you can pretty much see them before you hit them. And they are usually larger in girth and taller than the smaller destroyable palms. I just ventured a little too deep into the outer area where there are more big trees. I had a skill song playing initially, but it banked some points midway through the song. The rest came after. Probably about 10 minutes of goign back and forth in that area. It's pretty long north-south wise, but fairly narrow east-west wise. Check the area out.

I can't remember how FH4's menu music goes now that I've listened to FH5's.

I'd say it's the definitive theme for Forza Horizon so far, but again that is subjective.

Might've done a little shoulder shimmy in the guitar portion of the music too.....
"ODESZA - A Moment Apart" was the main menu music for Forza Horizon 4.

8GBFIVI.png

I wanted to do a lot more with this, but when I realized that I had spent two hours just on what's there and that most of that time was copy-pasting concrete barriers, I realized that my ambition had outreached my patience and decided it's Good Enough™. So there's nothing really stopping you from powerbombing down the mountain in a straight line after the first switchback, but I will say it's more entertaining to take the whole route. If only because physics tends to get really, really unhappy with my over-tuned Unimog when it starts to fall over.

It was pretty fun making all the little details around the rockslides though.

Last edited:
Also known as "Annoying xylophone garbage - ****** artist" which was an earworm for 3 years.

It sucked.
Understandable. But there are fans who liked it, given that the song itself got 17 million views on YouTube. But yeah, songs can get a bit tiring when played repetitively.

Last edited:
This is fine...

I usually quit the invisible player sessions just to avoid this kind of results. At least they sorted finding a new one somehow so waiting now only take a minute or two.
Strangely I had now 5 Eliminators in a row without any invisible players bug, but that is just a coincidence I guess.

I got that last night. It’s just the usual stuff. What features do you like? What features do you dislike? Etc.

I wasn't able to take part as I work in the games industry. I'm not sure why that would preclude me from giving them feedback (if I wanted to skew the results I'd just lie...) but never mind.

Last edited:
Back