Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,114 comments
Anyone Else having much problems with the Event Lab/Route creator?

Made a nice circuit. It plays great in the Testdrive (2 laps) but when I actually publish it is (probably) seen as a point to point race and turns out as a singlelap event with the percentage meter from 1 till 100. Actually that whole percentage meter is ****ed up with a lot of zeroes.

I have seen this happening before and it really ruins the experience. Also sometimes props that you put next to the road will not load.

Banned? Does that mean I have to remove mine from my FH4 garage?
The Bone Shaker can still be used online in FH4 custom adventures as well. Not sure about normal unranked though. The main things it was banned from were ranked and rivals (and they 'hid' the Bone Shaker rivals times rather than delete them, meaning anyone who had previously set a time using that car would need to beat that time in another car, for it to appear on the leaderboard. The usual half-assed way Playground Games do things).

Anyone Else having much problems with the Event Lab/Route creator?

Made a nice circuit. It plays great in the Testdrive (2 laps) but when I actually publish it is (probably) seen as a point to point race and turns out as a singlelap event with the percentage meter from 1 till 100. Actually that whole percentage meter is ****ed up with a lot of zeroes.

I have seen this happening before and it really ruins the experience. Also sometimes props that you put next to the road will not load.
This happens to me every time I start a race from My Local Events tab. Start the race from My Shared Events instead and it should work properly.

More non-working Accolades: Fair Market Value. Requirement is to sell a car on the Auction House for 1m credits or more. Sold a 599XX for 2.3m and, yep, hasn't triggered it. Good going.

Edit: Oh my word, the "Taking a Shortcut" Accolade in Trailblazers is actually impossible - you cannot achieve enough speed in a straight line in a maxxed out version of the car to travel the distance required in the time given (about 700m in four seconds) - without an exploit. I wonder if it was intended to be this way, and the "shortcut" in the title is a hint (the exploit works for other Trailblazers, and their Accolades too), but it feels really dirty.

Last edited:
More non-working Accolades: Fair Market Value. Requirement is to sell a car on the Auction House for 1m credits or more. Sold a 599XX for 2.3m and, yep, hasn't triggered it. Good going.

Edit: Oh my word, the "Taking a Shortcut" Accolade in Trailblazers is actually impossible - you cannot achieve enough speed in a straight line in a maxxed out version of the car to travel the distance required in the time given (about 700m in four seconds) - without an exploit. I wonder if it was intended to be this way, and the "shortcut" in the title is a hint (the exploit works for other Trailblazers, and their Accolades too), but it feels really dirty.
There is a lot of discussion on the Forza forums about broken accolades, either that don't work, or do, but then become undone later. I've experienced several of both myself. PR stunts I've done in the right car, beat the requirement etc. - including difficult drift zone targets, you finally do it and then... no accolade. I'm wary now of putting any more time into them until it's fixed. I'll just take whatever remaining ones I may happen to get while playing normally.

Another bug I found was in Eliminator, I don't know how many hours I've actually played, but I know it isn't the 909,467 hours that the game stats has recorded me as playing. Who knows if I will end up being banned for being deemed to be cheating?

RNQPCnc.png

Last edited:
There are some seriously weird decisions that were made during development of this game. The main 2 that come to mind:

• Pausing the game completely, regardless of what you're doing, when you unlock a new chapter. This is a basic thing that should never have even made it past the design stage.
  • Giving you a list of over 1,000 accolades to complete without a search function. Say I want to get a certain car but it's only available via Accolades; the Car Collection screen will tell me which Accolade I need to complete in order to get it which is great, however once I visit the Accolades screen there is no way to tell which category this is in and there are a lot of them. So I'm forced to either search for the location online (never a good experience for a player) or go through every single Accolade until I find the one I want because, and here's another mad idea, the name of each Accolade doesn't appear until you highlight it.

This isn't to say I'm not enjoying the game, mind.

Last edited:
Oooooo... kay. The game has undone some of my completed accolades.

Jay's Great Idea (Trailblazers), Water Performance (Trailblazers), and Lightning Strikes Twice (Trailblazers) have all become marked as not complete.
So... I couldn't be bothered doing these again as they're chained ones (pass one Trailblazer and then another [and one has a third]), so I went to mop up the others. Built an EB110 for the Granjas one ("Speed Run"), completed it...

... and Jay's Great Idea then filled itself in again right there and then, as did the Hall of Fame Accolade "You Shall Pass!" for completing all Trailblazer Gate Accolades, giving me on-screen notifications for completing both.

Except Water Performance is still showing as not completed! 41/41 in Hall of Fame for Trailblazers, 40/41 in Trailblazers itself.

mr bean face plant GIF

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I did the Water Performance achievement, Xbox Live knows I've done it but the game itself still shows it as not complete. I don't remember if it ever did or has just become undone since. Sigh.

Another observation... when you race someone in rivals and fail to beat them, it says you failed to beat them, then on the next screen it says WINNER!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I did the Water Performance achievement, Xbox Live knows I've done it but the game itself still shows it as not complete. I don't remember if it ever did or has just become undone since. Sigh.
The game is absolute acting like I've already done it, but not showing that I've done it in the Accolades screen.

Pinning the challenge brings up three checkboxes:

Get 3 Stars at Trailblazer A
Get 3 Stars at Trailblazer B
Complete in under 3'30

They appear on screen for a fraction of a second before the third box is ticked, the Accolade appears above them and is ticked, and it all vanishes. The Accolade menu shows it uncompleted.

Completing Trailblazer A brings all three boxes back up on screen again, with Trailblazer A/3'30 ticked, and the Accolade appears above them again and is ticked, and it all vanishes. The Accolade menu shows it uncompleted.

Finally, completing Trailblazer B only brings the Trailblazer B box up, and it's ticked. Then the Accolade appears above and is ticked. Then, at long last, the Accolade menu shows it completed.

Weirdly, the time requirement is gone entirely because it's already complete. You can just amble round and complete the two Trailblazers in the three-star time.

I think it's fair to say there's a few kinks in the Accolade system to iron out!

Edit: Going back over older ones, it looks like ALL my combo Accolades achieved have been reset to uncompleted with the game still thinking I've done them but not displaying it as done in the Accolades menu.

I can also confirm, having redone my Danger Signs ones (oh, also, all the "50m" Danger Sign Accolades are broken) that recompleting them gives new Accolade points. I hadn't noticed that before.

Last edited:
I noticed they've broken the rivals leaderboards, at least on PC. I use the Xbox pad always, you can't select your own ghost without using the mouse pointer, nor can you scroll the leaderboards properly. FH4 doesn't exhibit this behaviour, it's a new bug.

I noticed they've broken the rivals leaderboards, at least on PC. I use the Xbox pad always, you can't select your own ghost without using the mouse pointer, nor can you scroll the leaderboards properly. FH4 doesn't exhibit this behaviour, it's a new bug.

Odd, can't say I've encountered that one yet. Series S on my end.

So I note that the expedition daily challenge from the last series has now expired, without any word from Playground Games as to whether that will affect the Min, Meet Max achievement - we just don't know yet if it's part of the requirement, or if they'll patch it later to retrospectively award that challenge to all players.

The game is absolute acting like I've already done it, but not showing that I've done it in the Accolades screen.

Pinning the challenge brings up three checkboxes:

Get 3 Stars at Trailblazer A
Get 3 Stars at Trailblazer B
Complete in under 3'30

They appear on screen for a fraction of a second before the third box is ticked, the Accolade appears above them and is ticked, and it all vanishes. The Accolade menu shows it uncompleted.

Completing Trailblazer A brings all three boxes back up on screen again, with Trailblazer A/3'30 ticked, and the Accolade appears above them again and is ticked, and it all vanishes. The Accolade menu shows it uncompleted.

Finally, completing Trailblazer B only brings the Trailblazer B box up, and it's ticked. Then the Accolade appears above and is ticked. Then, at long last, the Accolade menu shows it completed.

Weirdly, the time requirement is gone entirely because it's already complete. You can just amble round and complete the two Trailblazers in the three-star time.

I think it's fair to say there's a few kinks in the Accolade system to iron out!

Edit: Going back over older ones, it looks like ALL my combo Accolades achieved have been reset to uncompleted with the game still thinking I've done them but not displaying it as done in the Accolades menu.

I can also confirm, having redone my Danger Signs ones (oh, also, all the "50m" Danger Sign Accolades are broken) that recompleting them gives new Accolade points. I hadn't noticed that before.
I experienced exactly what you mention but with another accolade. Not sure which one but certainly not under trailblazers. I think one of the main races (road, street etc) or stories or rivals since those are the ones I’ve been focusing on lately.

So I note that the expedition daily challenge from the last series has now expired, without any word from Playground Games as to whether that will affect the Min, Meet Max achievement - we just don't know yet if it's part of the requirement, or if they'll patch it later to retrospectively award that challenge to all players.

It should be patched IMO. It’s so far the only thing holding me back from going full completion on this series 1.

Used your course this evening; only put in 10 laps, but it racks up more than enough for that on around 30-35 minutes. 👍

To the 2nd point, the Hoonigan Mustang works very well for that when you have its 8x chain multiplier unlocked.

Because there is no drag strip with dinky fence posts like there was in Horizon 4's beach drag strip, I decided to try using the guard rails and crusty wooden fences on the freeway. Whipped out the Hoonigan with the 8x Multiplier, and snaked down a section of the highway, and back again. I'm using the same trick I did back in 4 where you can get the game to register the 10SP right away by triggering an event. In this case, I'm using the Street Scene event that's roughly in the middle of the freeway.

lC0zgHs.png

Slide your way to the end of that bridge and slide your way back. I went further originally, but I found that you're usually doing enough by the time you get back. The variability here is in how many wreckages you rack up.

Pulled out a stop watch. Completed it in about 1m 50s per rep. So faster than AFK methods, but you got to work.

Has anyone else noticed that the cars that were barn finds in FH4 are still labeled as such in FH5? I'm sure it's a mistake, some kind of copy/paste error. It's just interesting to see these cars being shown this way.

That's a known issue.

I'm torn on whether being able to AWD convert everything is a good thing or not - it's unrealistic and becomes almost mandatory for the fastest builds, but then on the other hand it makes the game more accessible for less skilled players who might struggle with high-powered supercars otherwise. Yes, it makes competitive gameplay a bit samey, but I'm not sure that balance and serious PVP are even intended, despite the leaderboards on everything - the Sesto Elemento FE on top of the Hoonigan RS200 from last time says to me that PG aren't looking for everything to be balanced and fair.

I'm at a point where I'm not playing this game to set the best of the best records since it usually boils down to the same few things like you mentioned: engine swapping, AWD conversion, and/or using the same car...

I could turn most sports cars into drift machines if I threw in the 6.2L V8 engine.... but when I thought about it, I've practically made a 240SX and a BRZ into the same thing in doing so, so what was the point of having all these cars if they were all going to be the same in the end?

As for AWD conversions, I know it takes all the work out of throttle control on launch and in corners.... you're making the game easier at the expense of a rewarding driving experience. And maybe it's just the way I drive, but I'm finding a RWD turns better than an AWD under throttle anyway, so the trade off for having a harder time powering through corners is worth the trouble for me. Driving an AWD on tarmac gets dull for me after a while.

I think that the fastest method for farming Skill Points is by repeating the 10SP in 30sec Blueprints. There are plenty of them in Event Lab. So the trick is that SP aren't connected to the completition of the event. Even when you restart the event you still bank those SP. Doing so you can easily complete the event every minute. Even on a Xbones. 100 SP in 10 minutes.

It is not banned like you can't use it. In FH4 you can't select it when doing Online racing. It's not banned in FH5 so you can race online too. Different games.

Do you mind sharing an example of a 30sec BP with me when you get a chance? I'm wondering if it's faster than just drifting+wreckages in freeroam when you factor in all the loading time.

Aside from the initial launch of the people who AWD swap everything, I don't see much advantage of it for me if I can end up catching and passing those people during the race anyways. There's drawbacks to it and I think a well set up RWD car to be more useful for those who are used to it. If it helps the new people that's fine, but I haven't found it being a large issue myself.

I am currently attempting to share a tune with the following description:

Replica - 1986 MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition

And I am being told, "You specified something that was blocked by the language filter." What part of that description would the game consider to be inappropriate content?

As for AWD conversions, I know it takes all the work out of throttle control on launch and in corners.... you're making the game easier at the expense of a rewarding driving experience. And maybe it's just the way I drive, but I'm finding a RWD turns better than an AWD under throttle anyway, so the trade off for having a harder time powering through corners is worth the trouble for me. Driving an AWD on tarmac gets dull for me after a while.
Aside from the initial launch of the people who AWD swap everything, I don't see much advantage of it for me if I can end up catching and passing those people during the race anyways. There's drawbacks to it and I think a well set up RWD car to be more useful for those who are used to it. If it helps the new people that's fine, but I haven't found it being a large issue myself.
I think it bears mentioning that the updated handling has adjusted the pros and cons of AWD, in the direction of being more realistic, I'd say.

As a former RWD diehard (long ago) who adapted to AWD driving with experimentation and practice, rather than being "easy mode", I feel that AWD is more accurately a combination of advantages and disadvantages from both 2WDs. You sacrifice RWD's tidy balance of control, for FWD's unique traction benefits. You lose some of FWD's power-understeer safety net, for some of RWD's rear end control. Extra traction comes at the cost of power understeer.

Until you add aggressive differential wizardry to the mix, anyway. 🐺

I think it bears mentioning that the updated handling has adjusted the pros and cons of AWD, in the direction of being more realistic, I'd say.

As a former RWD diehard (long ago) who adapted to AWD driving with experimentation and practice, rather than being "easy mode", I feel that AWD is more accurately a combination of advantages and disadvantages from both 2WDs. You sacrifice RWD's tidy balance of control, for FWD's unique traction benefits. You lose some of FWD's power-understeer safety net, for some of RWD's rear end control. Extra traction comes at the cost of power understeer.

Until you add aggressive differential wizardry to the mix, anyway. 🐺
Yeah that could actually be it. I just never found it advantageous for me at all, the cons were too big after you get the ins and outs of RWD dynamics, at least in Forza. It never made me faster in particular, I felt there was too much loss of maneuverability. I also never fully understood how to tune the differential completely when it comes to that.

I also used to skip out on FWD vehicles most the time for anything over C class, but near the end of my playtime on FH4 I started giving a shot at them with tuning and found a good spot in A-class for many FWD vehicles. They used to be so crappy compared to all the other drivetrains, but FH4 changed that and I actually have a really quick FWD Integra and Mugen CRX in A-class that I enjoy driving more than anything in the game right now. They actually feel a lot more capable now.

@ImaRobot -- I need to spend more time with FWDs in this game yet, to see what I think of really tossing a few examples around. Short and long wheelbase, balanced and front-heavy.

@ImaRobot -- I need to spend more time with FWDs in this game yet, to see what I think of really tossing a few examples around. Short and long wheelbase, balanced and front-heavy.
They were a pleasant surprise, but felt they were a bit more demanding on the tuning side to get down. Once done though, they're so satisfying.

I'm torn on whether being able to AWD convert everything is a good thing or not - it's unrealistic and becomes almost mandatory for the fastest builds
I like to imagine that they're just pulling the transfer cases and front axle out of a pickup truck and bolting it into a million dollar hypercar. Makes for a funnier image in my head.

Last edited:
Was that on the bottom of a bridge strut or on the cable-wiring post? Either way, both XP boards are a nightmare to smash.
The electricity transmission power lines adjacent to the highway. That XP bonus board location is considered to be the toughest to get, according to the Forza fanbase.

The electricity transmission power lines adjacent to the highway. That XP bonus board location is considered to be the toughest to get, according to the Forza fanbase.
Unlike you I think I must have tried to hit that pylon board more than a hundred times. The bridge strut one is a walk in the park by comparison.

Last edited:
Do you mind sharing an example of a 30sec BP with me when you get a chance? I'm wondering if it's faster than just drifting+wreckages in freeroam when you factor in all the loading time.
Yeah sure. I used only two, but saw others too. Here are the codes:
743 324 179
497 519 560
Both are similar but the first one have a slight turn at the start. The second is a straight line. You will need a Sesto FE to score constantly 10 Skill Points each race (it may not work with other cars). You need to press Restart after crossing the finish line, that reduce the loading while still allowing you to bank the points. I tried many methods, but this one is the fastest for me.

Back