Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,134 comments
I have placed a few times, but havent won yet. I have a serious problem with the challenge button. I cannot tell you how many times I have come accross a VW bug and not been able to challenge them and just give up and drive on. And yet when I am struggling to find a car drop, I am hunted down and challenged at the get go. As a result, I am struggling to meet the weekly challenge of defeating 2 drivers in Eliminator.

It seems like other drivers know where to get car drops from? IS there a strategy that I am not employing? Because I thought it was all "Random".
I thought that myself in the round I won; the Beetle deployed and made it to approximately 4 MPH when I saw the sidebar message pop that someone managed to get a Level 6 Diberti F150 already and I was like "What the absolute ** is this **."

He (or someone else in another Diberti) ended up losing to my Audi S6 about 2 minutes later, so I suppose that is some kind of miniscule karma.

Last edited:
Two Bone Shakers during Horizon Open, i tried my best to keep up with them on my Elise. The moment there’s a slight straight, they are gone.

Hope the devs would do something about this.

Two Bone Shakers during Horizon Open, i tried my best to keep up with them on my Elise. The moment there’s a slight straight, they are gone.

Hope the devs would do something about this.
Considering the Bone Shaker is basically an old school hot rod, which are designed to be stupid fast in a straight line, and the Elise is a car that's meant to be fast in corners but not have a lot of top end speed, I'm not sure what you're really expecting here. They're going to get away from you regardless.

The BoneShaker was banned in FH4 for being a little too good in a straight line. That should say something about it...Also, it has deceptively good handling for what it is. You can lean into a power-heavy build that doesn't screw with its handling.

Driving on a twisty track they don't stand much chance. Was doing some Rivals this weekend and the ones I've seen did absolutely terrible in any part that wasn't a straight. Lost to some, won some others, but it depends heavily on the actual race selected. Was using an A class 84' Mugen CRX, and I'd either win by a second or two or lose by a second or two. Definitely a car I'm going to avoid using though, doesn't seem right.

Meta in this game seems to be dominated by either power builds, awd swaps, and downgraded supercars....

So much for a diverse car list.
I mean half the people doing that can't drive, so it's not so much a problem anyways. Rivals leaderboards seem fairly diverse in the first few hundreds, it's mostly the top 50 or so you start seeing massive repeats of the same vehicle.

Boy, this forum went full official forums/Reddit for a few pages. Glad I took the weekend off from the site, lol.

The few bugs I have noticed have not been game breaking for me, except for the annoying one where I have to turn off my controller for a bit when exiting a house or I don't have any input.

What is more concerning for me if that stupid Trial that I have now had 10 unsuccessful attempts at beating simply because other people drive like morons. I actually got rammed into a wall by AI in one of them, which then proceeded to 90 degree themselves against the wall and pinned me.

Maddening.

I decided to post a Rivals lap at Ribera Rocosa while i was working on a b-class power build for the Bronco Badlands. The build in question has 773 horsepower pulling 2,2 tons. I think i can do a better run, but here's my laptime:

2021-11-29-145832_ribera_rocosa_rivals.jpg

How does Horizon open work?, signed up for an event, 5 races and after the 3rd race it starts back at doing another 5 races

Last edited:
Meta in this game seems to be dominated by either power builds, awd swaps, and downgraded supercars....

So much for a diverse car list.
I get your point, but this game isn't made for E-sports so balance will likely always be an issue. The car list is still very diverse even if handling builds aren't the most viable.

I only wanted to do the eliminator for the weekly festival playlist task to eliminate 2 players. Got a nice little bonus on top of that. 😄

1638221093450.jpeg

Still weird gameplay when half of the time in eliminator I don’t see any players. Was driving around in the Maserati Levante S until an invisible player challenged me in the Porsche 959 Rally Raid. I won from him, took his car until I saw a visible player approach me, I let him challenge me but I had a somewhat reasonable estimation of where the racing flag would be. Turned out he had a level 9 Jeep Trackhawk which I gladly accepted. ☺️ That guy challenged me when we were only with 6 players left, I don’t even understand how that’s possible. After that race we were only 3 left for the final race. The other 2 players had no clue about getting a good position, the small circle center was already just north of the abandoned airport so of course you position yourself as much to the east as possible, which the other 2 guys didn’t do. That Trackhawk was an easy win to just blast through the cacti and avoiding a few rocks and a highway bridge during the race.

Also, I’m really getting frustrated with anything to do with multiplayer lately though :
  • Horizon Tour : works INSTANTLY. Best multiplayer experience as well so far, always fun races and you can bring your beloved stock trim car no problem.
  • Eliminator : pretty fast to start but most of the time I don’t see any players and I get challenged out of nowhere because of it. Also the map is just too big for 64 players IMO, they should increase that to 100 if there are no technical issues for that.
  • Horizon Arcade: An absolute disaster! For all I care they can throw this garbage mode out and put the hourly Forzathon Live from FH4 back in.
  • The Trial: frustration galore! I so hate this mode because of the randomness of which players you end up with (or more so, their skill level).
  • Seasonal playground: last week I was complaining I was getting 1vs1 all the time. Now I even had to queue up like a dozen times to even get a 2vs1! Which then out of nowhere ended in the middle of the third game. Not that I care because my festival playlist thingy checked which is the only reason I play these silly playground games anyway.

PG has a lot of work to do! And their rate of patching the gazillion bugs in the game (as being a primary Microsoft/Xbox studio making AAA games for them) is poor as well. The game is almost out for a month and we had 1 small hotfix so far…

Last edited:
While there are some obvious bugs and glitches to fix, now the Forza fanbase on Reddit is complaining about the 'E' rating.

Are you done complaining about the Forza sub? That is basically about 95% of your posts and I fail to see any point in caring about what outside communities aside from GTP say about the game, or especially, whatever small fry stuff they're invariably bitching about for karma.

Last edited:
Are you done complaining about the Forza sub? That is basically about 95% of your posts and I fail to see any point in caring about what outside communities aside from GTP say about the game, or especially, whatever small fry stuff they're invariably bitching about for karma.
Fair point. I'll stop mentioning about the Forza Subreddit.

But what I can mention is that my post about some of the leaked cars were mentioned by Jakexvx!

He probably didn't credit me, but hey!

Last edited:
How does Horizon open work?, signed up for an event, 5 races and after the 3rd race it starts back at doing another 5 races
They don't always start with the first race in a series. It sounds like the game dropped you into the third race of an already ongoing series. When the series finished, it started you on a new one.

You mispelled Mustang? Until last week they hadn’t added a WRX since the 2014 model. About time Subaru gets some attention again, since it got none in FH4 as far as DLC is concerned.
I wouldn't really call it giving Subaru attention considering every car is just a variant of the WRX. Really, they're just giving WRX' attention rather than the actual brand. Would be nice to see something actually different from the Subaru line up.

I wouldn't really call it giving Subaru attention considering every car is just a variant of the WRX. Really, they're just giving WRX' attention rather than the actual brand. Would be nice to see something actually different from the Subaru line up.
They cut the BRAT and SVX after FH3 and most recently the Legacy RS after FH4. So yes, Subaru in general is lacking attention, but at least the different WRX versions add something to the brand again.

They cut the BRAT and SVX after FH3 and most recently the Legacy RS after FH4. So yes, Subaru in general is lacking attention, but at least the different WRX versions add something to the brand again.
Sure, it’s adding a car. Although I’m not sure what else it is, considering we have, what, 5 versions of the same base in a car list where that base model makes up about 95% of the total marque in game. It would be better served bringing back older models than adding in the same model over and over. Something is better than nothing I suppose - although I’m not too sure I’m fully sold on that idea concerning Subaru.

The last new-to-Forza Subaru prior to Forza Horizon 5 was the Subaru 360 in Forza Motorsport 7.

They don't always start with the first race in a series. It sounds like the game dropped you into the third race of an already ongoing series. When the series finished, it started you on a new one.
Nothing's more annoying than shuffling through a half dozen S1/S2 idiot pinball lobbies to finally get the class you want, only to get backfilled into round 5 of 5. There really should be an option to choose whether you want to join already running lobbies or just wait around for a new one to populate enough to start.

Back