Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,967 comments
I was coming here to complain about literally this. I uninstalled because of it, combined with everything else consistently ailing the game, this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I just want to enjoy something in the game, ffs. Why is the screen constantly flashing when time progresses? I'm so glad I don't have photosensitive epilepsy because that's utterly triggering.

I can't take it anymore. I'll reinstall when the game actually works.
Yeah the flicker after time progressed so much was extremely irritating. I feel they're trying to pump out that major fix so fast that they just keep messing things up in the process. How did anything they have to fix affect photomode? Aside from that, everything else works now.

Time is progressing while you’re taking photos for some reason and it’s getting pretty damn annoying. This wasn’t happening before. I’m talking about while in actual photomode, the lighting will continuously change and progress and it’s messing up my shots lol.
I thought something was up when trying to take a photo of a F50 with the dust storm in the background, and the storm started clearing.

I know time progresses outside the photo, so they definitely messed something up.

Just try out the game with the new hotfix, upgrading cars and changing car colours works but trying to start any race will just crash the game now.

Is the Xbox One version of the game not riddled with these problems? Thinking of playing on the older console as an alternative.

Just try out the game with the new hotfix, upgrading cars and changing car colours works but trying to start any race will just crash the game now.

Is the Xbox One version of the game not riddled with these problems? Thinking of playing on the older console as an alternative.
I'm playing on One and have no issues after December patch. Ok, mostly. I still get those rare times where I can't see all the players in the Eliminator (2 times) and that weird bug in Open Racing where some players became invisible with their cars parked at the start of a race (also 2 times).

I thought something was up when trying to take a photo of a F50 with the dust storm in the background, and the storm started clearing.

I know time progresses outside the photo, so they definitely messed something up.
Yeah I was taking photos in direct sunlight and noticed that the shadows shifted completely, and before I knew it, my exposure settings were way too low cus it started slowly turning night. I ended up sitting still to see it actually happen and it actually progresses pretty fast, I faster than the live world.

When I tried on my OG Xbox, no such issues. Just horrifically slow loading times..

It's times like these that I really appreciate just how fast my Series X can get me back to an infinite load or crash screen in FH5.
Horrifically slow is better than not able to start a single race.

Reinstalling/redownloading FH5 on my Series X at moment. If it still crash at every race, I’ll just switch it Xbox One then.

It's times like these that I really appreciate just how fast my Series X can get me back to an infinite load or crash screen in FH5.
Got a nice giggle from this :lol:. I wouldn't even attempt to boot up the game prior to this if it wasn't for my Series S.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend the best way of winning the High Noon Seasonal Championship, which I've tried a different combination of cars and the best of those being the 2001 Audi RS 4 Avant, but I can't seem to get anywhere higher than 4th with that.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend the best way of winning the Drop It Like It's Hot and especially the High Noon Seasonal Championship, which I've tried a different combination of cars and the best of those being the 2001 Audi RS 4 Avant, but I can't seem to get anywhere higher than 4th with that.
Drop it like it's Hot, I think I used a slightly modified S7 with front & wing upgrades. I believe I had more power & torque, so as long as I managed wheel spin off the start and took advantage of the AI braking early for each other early on, I got out in front easy enough.

For High Noon, I used the same Audi you did. I was able to grab 1st the first two times and saved the dirt track for last b/c the AI just seems to adhere to perfect racing lines without any issue. I came 4th, but was still barely ahead in points to win the championship.

Can anyone recommend the best way of winning the High Noon Seasonal Championship, which I've tried a different combination of cars and the best of those being the 2001 Audi RS 4 Avant, but I can't seem to get anywhere higher than 4th with that.
Drop it like it's Hot, I think I used a slightly modified S7 with front & wing upgrades. I believe I had more power & torque, so as long as I managed wheel spin off the start and took advantage of the AI braking early for each other early on, I got out in front easy enough.

For High Noon, I used the same Audi you did. I was able to grab 1st the first two times and saved the dirt track for last b/c the AI just seems to adhere to perfect racing lines without any issue. I came 4th, but was still barely ahead in points to win the championship.

Yeah, on the offroad race take as much of an advantage as you can when they brake for each other, and brake early for turns. They brake on turns that you really dont have to slow down on, and that's the perfect point to overtake them. Your car should be able to shave enough speed with a small drift, rather than slowing down, to get around most turns. I didn't have too much trouble with the races but the dirt races definitely had Ai pacing that suggest its definitely higher than "Highly Skilled." That's dirt/offroad races in a nutshell though, and I hate it.

EDIT: I used an AWD E36 M3 for the offroad championship, and an 05 Ford GT for the other.

Last edited:
Cars I used: Drop it like it's hot, Ford GT '05 and Nissan R390. For High Noon the Volvo 850R and the Ford Sierra Cosworth

Last edited:

I'm using the Jaguar Sport XJR-15 for the Drop It Like It's Hot and just won the first race with it.

I'll save the dirt race for last then.

I don't do online racing much so forgive the ignorance, but is there a way to actually select a specific type of racing, or are you only allowed to do what's shuffled in? I want to stick to only road-races.

Last edited:
Playground Games should retroactively fix the following IMO. Completionists got screwed due to those 2 daily bugs where you couldn’t complete an expedition and story if you already finished everything before. Really annoys me as I wanted to 100% all the series for a long time.

I don’t mind much about the perfect series accolades, I can do that with series 2. But what bums me is that this 261/263incomplete Series 1 will always stay visible in the series history window. Call it OCD or whatever, it’s really annoying.

1638990878454.jpg

The bummer dailies back in autumn of series 1:

1638991034297.jpg

I don't do online racing much so figure the ignorance, but is there a way to actually select a specific type of racing, or are you only allowed to do what's shuffled in? I want to stick to only road-races.
You can't do just road racing. However the matchmaking is really quick. So finding a new road session is really a matter of seconds. However you can than easily end up while the first race is already in progress..
We have to wait for custom adventure to return.

I've given up on the High Noon Championship. It was the Mulege Scramble I couldn't get higher than 4th on and the Baja circuit isn't working out either. I'd be short on points for the Trueno anyway and don't mind skipping it.

I do miss the Seasonal Championships in FH4, the AI in this game just seem to be too overpowered some events. I had no trouble with Holidays Are Coming and with the Jag I found Drop It Like It's Hot relatively easy (though I did only just win Race 3 by the skin of my teeth when I caught the drivertar in 1st).

I've given up on the High Noon Championship. It was the Mulege Scramble I couldn't get higher than 4th on and the Baja circuit isn't working out either. I'd be short on points for the Trueno anyway and don't mind skipping it.

I do miss the Seasonal Championships in FH4, the AI in this game just seem to be too overpowered some events. I had no trouble with Holidays Are Coming and with the Jag I found Drop It Like It's Hot relatively easy (though I did only just win Race 3 by the skin of my teeth when I caught the drivertar in 1st).
Found this on reddit, maybe you can give this tune a try?

1638993955335.png

I can upload my M3 tune when I get home as well, but I dont know how helpful that would be because it's more tuned to drive like I want it to rather than being outright fast, so it's more catered to me specifically.

^^ The dirt scramble seasonal this week really pushes you to minimize excess braking and maximizing the time spent accelerating through the dirt sections because there's probably that one AI car that can out-accelerate yours... unless you use that one particular Volvo that's being talked about.

If you want to try the Sierra, the tune I'm using is 139 302 528.
I'm not the slowest driver but can't win in Open no matter what. Yet I managed it with this setup.

Yeah that seasonal was a pita, especially the Horizon Baja Scramble. Had to try 3 different cars until I managed to win it with the 850R

I don't do online racing much so forgive the ignorance, but is there a way to actually select a specific type of racing, or are you only allowed to do what's shuffled in? I want to stick to only road-races.
FH1 was a game where I actually enjoyed racing online, and I don't need XBL Gold anymore, so I'm inclined to try it again...but not without much say in how I spend my time with it. Especially while the game is bugged to make waiting times five times longer than the typical dreary staring-at-a-screen that characterizes multiplayer racing.

I can't believe there's no lobby list like there was in FH1. From a search to double-check my memory of that fact, I came across this post that basically sums up my viewpoint and my experience in FH5 (NOTE: language).

I used a stock RS6 saloon...
Could just be imaging things, but I feel like the Ai is a bit more forgiving when using stock vehicles.
I can't believe there's no lobby list like there was in FH1. From a search to double-check my memory of that fact, I came across this post that basically sums up my viewpoint and my experience in FH5 (NOTE: language).
Yeah, similar experience here as well. Get's frustrating having to deal with the shuffle, when it doesn't even seem to shuffle all that well.

Missed out on winning the trial by 50pts , just the 2 of us last race and other dude came last n no points arrghhhh, 1st 2 were offkski and I had no way of catching them in me Capri, car was great in 1st 2 races but blown away in the 3rd oh and I was scoring more points even though i was 2nd, hows that?

Last edited:
Back