Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,967 comments
It's nice to see people still enjoying this game, but I've gone ahead and uninstalled it for the foreseeable future. I really hope there's some exciting updates down the line.
Playing a bit less than at the start sure… but uninstalling is already a drastic decision. We’re only a month in so far. I think the only thing to possibly pull you back in is one of the 2 expansion packs then.

It's nice to see people still enjoying this game, but I've gone ahead and uninstalled it for the foreseeable future. I really hope there's some exciting updates down the line.
Curious to know your reasoning. Is it bugs? Or are you just bored with the game?

I ask because I'm still on the fence about getting FH5. On the one hand, I have really enjoyed the exploration phase of every FH title I've played (all but #2) - this is typically around the first 10-20 hours. After that I find the actual gameplay less re-playable than a normal circuit racer because the roads themselves aren't all that compelling for the most part.

Playing a bit less than at the start sure… but uninstalling is already a drastic decision. We’re only a month in so far. I think the only thing to possibly pull you back in is one of the 2 expansion packs then.
Curious to know your reasoning. Is it bugs? Or are you just bored with the game?

I ask because I'm still on the fence about getting FH5. On the one hand, I have really enjoyed the exploration phase of every FH title I've played (all but #2) - this is typically around the first 10-20 hours. After that I find the actual gameplay less re-playable than a normal circuit racer because the roads themselves aren't all that compelling for the most part.
I just find it boring and I can't justify leaving 103GB of storage space open for a game I have no interest in playing anymore.

@Eunos_Cosmo - as you mentioned, the game starts to fall off once you've explored the interesting parts, then it's just a matter of playing the broken festival games and grinding for cars. There's a few bugs in the game, as many people in this thread are complaining about.

I suggest just getting it through gamepass before buying it.

Looks like the Treasure Hunt is broken for this Season, @ManteoMax; lots of complaining on the official forums, Reddit, and elsewhere, about how vague the clue is and how nothing anyone does seems to trigger it...

... aside from one guy who managed to unlock it when he did the Cascadas Trailblazer which he hadn't previously three-starred.

Others have tried this, done it three times with no fast travel, done three (because "trilogy") three-star Trailblazers, done the only triple-Trailblazer Accolade "Jay's Great Idea" at Malpais/Granjas/Quebrada, in standard cars ("come as you are"), the Cholla in the thumbnail, and probably quite a few other things, but nothing's pinging.

Another instance of the "not completing because it's previously completed" bug we saw in Series 1 with the Exhibition/Story/Showcase which has left an awful lot of people with an incomplete Series 1?

Last edited:
Looks like the Treasure Hunt is broken for this Season, @ManteoMax; lots of complaining on the official forums, Reddit, and elsewhere, about how vague the clue is and how nothing anyone does seems to trigger it...

... aside from one guy who managed to unlock it when he did the Cascadas Trailblazer which he hadn't previously three-starred.

Another instance of the "not completing because it's previously completed" bug we saw in Series 1 with the Exhibition/Story/Showcase which has left an awful lot of people with an incomplete Series 1?
I can test if that's the case later on since I haven't done a lot of the Trailblazers, but that is still a bug that really needs to be fixed, along with many others.

I just find it boring and I can't justify leaving 103GB of storage space open for a game I have no interest in playing anymore.

@Eunos_Cosmo - as you mentioned, the game starts to fall off once you've explored the interesting parts, then it's just a matter of playing the broken festival games and grinding for cars. There's a few bugs in the game, as many people in this thread are complaining about.

I suggest just getting it through gamepass before buying it.
The game does look like an improvement on FH4 in a variety of areas - sounds for sure, and possibly controls & the handling model. But I think I share your sentiment - I have a feeling I would ultimately feel the same way about it as I did with FH4 after a month or so and play it with only a sort of glazed-over disinterest. Probably going to pass on it until it gets cheap. Hopefully FH6 will tweak the formula in some way to make it a more compelling long term play.

So it turns out we can't actually gift any car we want to friends, just those from the Forzathon shop? I'm really disappointed... I've prepared so many expensive and exclusive cars.
At least this little beauty can put a smile on my face.
FGLvJE8XMAMu-cZ

Last edited:

Others have tried this, done it three times with no fast travel, done three (because "trilogy") three-star Trailblazers, done the only triple-Trailblazer Accolade "Jay's Great Idea" at Malpais/Granjas/Quebrada, in standard cars ("come as you are"), the Cholla in the thumbnail, and probably quite a few other things, but nothing's pinging.

I'm currently doing a round up of issues community is talking about for Summer and Series 2 for the devs but reminder too the best way to alert the team is for users to submit tickets at Forza Support right away.

@Eunos_Cosmo -- Let me put it this way: I would not recommend FH5 for racing, but I wholeheartedly recommend it for driving. It's a perplexing videogame, limping from the injuries of its current issues, but the handling model carries the experience and I think the map benefited the most from the extra time they devoted to development (it evidently wasn't spent going after longstanding issues :boggled:). The difference in road design from FH4 makes FH4 look more absurd in retrospective contrast; there aren't many roads in Mexico that look ready for a Boeing 747 to come in to land.

I've explored all the roads and played for 50 hours, and I'm still enjoying the driving. Rivals mode seems to work fine too, for arguably the best racing you'll get in the game. I have no particular complaint about the tracks, and Rivals sidesteps the problems.

Rivals is definitely a go to, but not many people bite back in the club/friends list currently. Not too much of an issue as theres tons of people to challenge, but a nice back and forth is always fun.

Rivals is definitely a go to, but not many people bite back in the club/friends list currently. Not too much of an issue as theres tons of people to challenge, but a nice back and forth is always fun.
I never really did rivals in FH, that was something i did in FM since it's more focused on the racing format but will start going through that list.

I never really did rivals in FH, that was something i did in FM since it's more focused on the racing format but will start going through that list.
I mostly took it on because I'm not too fond of the offroad races, and I have done most of the road-races already. So instead of challenging the Ai on the same tracks, I've been finding more fun in tuning random cars and attacking the boards.

Same here on the Tour actually. Avoided it like the plague and decided it to give it one shot last night on some road courses and it was more or less enjoyable. There wasn’t a rammer in the whole lobby or anyone playing stupid.
When will people learn that all the online weeklies are co-op?

I used to do a thing 10 years ago competing for best times against another forum dude for a Need for Speed game, where we would randomly choose an event, with assigned restrictions, and then give ourselves a week to post the best time possible. We were a small circle so posting evidence wasn't needed. I would love to do something like that here you some of you. For me, it's the pinnacle of a racing game.

I used to do a thing 10 years ago competing for best times against another forum dude for a Need for Speed game, where we would randomly choose an event, with assigned restrictions, and then give ourselves a week to post the best time possible. We were a small circle so posting evidence wasn't needed. I would love to do something like that here you some of you. For me, it's the pinnacle of a racing game.
We used to do something like that here with a couple guys on FM through the years, was always a nice little thing.

What pisses me off about all this is that every week, there is something new. Every week, PG, and the players especially, have egg on their ****ing faces from all the little, and indeed big, problems that get built up. And frankly, I am tired of dealing with whatever roulette wheel spits out the next issue.

The correct thing to do would be to stop the content pipeline and go on no holds barred bug hunt. Stamp out everything until the online especially is in a playable state. But that isn't happening.

What is the problem then? Is it COVID related development issues? Internal issues within Playground? Whatever it is, it needed to be stopped yesterday. It is actively embarrassing Playground's reputation as a developer to have this many issues, and growing, a month after launch. And for now, I am throwing in the towel.

I've been getting into Rivals more lately. It helps me to learn tuning, which I'm also trying to get into along with painting. I really only compete with another friend of mine, but I'd happy to try my hand along with you guys. My GT is the same as my username here.

The Accolade descriptions in the HUD for the Evolving World section are indeed wrong but track as if you're doing the right thing. Smash up candy canes and the first one fills, smash up trees and the second one fills, and the third is snowmen.

Back