Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,968 comments
Ya, this season is the first time I'm getting a lot of bugs, moat of which are being mentioned here already. Hopefully they figure this out quickly because this season looks fun on paper.

Sounds like a variation of the trolley problem. :lol:
It's also how you do the "shortcut" Trailblazer Accolade; you start where the finish gates will be and drive to the start gates, then turn round and go though the start gate to start the clock. The instant you do, Rewind it all the way back to the start and then reverse through the finish gates.

Last edited:
Yea i was about to say that, those were really fun and got to use cars and PI class combinations i wouldn't normally try. I was happy with being 6-10 in that group.
Yeah same here. I can't remember all the people but I feel like @Vic Reign93 and @Im_Lukas participated a bunch.
Well it’s funny that you guys mention that. :P

While I wasn’t part of that particular thread, I WAS doing the FM7 branch of COTW (Car Of The Week) which follows pretty much the same formula.

One week, One Car, one track, fastest lap and also your thoughts on that weeks car wherever it’s a Beater Or Sleeper.

And you’ll probably be happy to know that COTW is back on FH5 too. 😉👍

So the Gingerbread outfit is one of the series rewards? LOL. No interest here. I’d go for the Aventador but I can’t see myself scaling those lofty heights points wise. I’ve been away the last couple of weeks so good to get back into the game and enjoy cruising Mexico.

Well it’s funny that you guys mention that. :P

While I wasn’t part of that particular thread, I WAS doing the FM7 branch of COTW (Car Of The Week) which follows pretty much the same formula.

One week, One Car, one track, fastest lap and also your thoughts on that weeks car wherever it’s a Beater Or Sleeper.

And you’ll probably be happy to know that COTW is back on FH5 too. 😉👍

There was a "VICxxxxx" Gamertag in there and I had mixed that up with you, but I remember you being involved in something similar at least. My mistake! If anything I probably jumbled it up from mixing that, as well as the fact that I would see your name on the Rivals boards often so I'd try to chase them.

I know the COTW exists, and it is very much like what was mentioned, but that thread was more so of "gather what ever you want for a pre-determined class and track combo and go to town", with the fastest "winning" that week, so to speak. It was nice too because everyone would actively avoid leaderboard cars, so you'd see a rather large mix of different vehicles.

There was a "VICxxxxx" Gamertag in there and I had mixed that up with you, but I remember you being involved in something similar at least. My mistake! If anything I probably jumbled it up from mixing that, as well as the fact that I would see your name on the Rivals boards often so I'd try to chase them.

I know the COTW exists, and it is very much like what was mentioned, but that thread was more so of "gather what ever you want for a pre-determined class and track combo and go to town", with the fastest "winning" that week, so to speak. It was nice too because everyone would actively avoid leaderboard cars, so you'd see a rather large mix of different vehicles.
Well thats an understandable mixup, He was VICGT1970 If memory servers me correctly, part of FM7 COTW too IIRC. 👍

Last edited:
Is it just me, or have they really lowballed the targets for this week's PR stunts? I tended to avoid them the last couple of weeks because I didn't care to purpose-build one offs for them, but this time around I just picked whatever I had sitting around that fit the requirements and aced all three on the first go without any hassle.

I mean, I'm not complaining about easy points, just struck me a bit odd that the targets are so generous after some of them were downright obnoxious in previous weeks.

While I don’t really have issues with the cars themselves, I sort of wish they changed up the order of the next couple of months of Car Pass cars, rather than it being 2 Ferraris, 2 Lambos and 2 Jags for the next 6 weeks. Compare that to the first 3 weeks where each car was wildly different from the last.

The Trial this week is hilarious.

The AI are almost literally unbeatable at the first one because they lose zero speed landing off the two big ramps. They're also imbeciles at the last race for some reason.

Sadly it turns out most of the public are also imbeciles at all three races. I've done three so far, and won five races, but seen defeat every time by someone missing a checkpoint in the final (one second race, two third races) more than once.

Edit: Literally just happened for a fourth time - I won both the second two races, and crossed the line with us in the lead after a team-mate barged me out the way lap one and then missed a checkpoint... only for him to do it again on the last corner.

Last edited:

The AI are almost literally unbeatable at the first one because they lose zero speed landing off the two big ramps. They're also imbeciles at the last race for some reason.

Sadly it turns out most of the public are also imbeciles at all three races. I've done three so far, and won five races, but seen defeat every time by someone missing a checkpoint in the final (one second race, two third races) more than once.
Managed to get it on my second attempt, and it seemed like the deciding factors were down to two things.

First was luck of the draw on what the AI was driving; first time they had mostly Rangers that just flew away instantly because of their super short gearing, but second time they had four of the fatter and longer-geared Mini buggies that got overwhelmed by the angry ferrets before they could get to the first jump and escape.

Second was whether my teammates knew that they had to brake early for that downhill right hander into the water on the second race. First time no, and it was a lost cause, second time yes (mostly) and we won by a 50 point margin.

Than I was just lucky because I thought it was easy this time. Entered the first Trial with the Bronco but wasn't really happy with it so I tried the Macan RR (much better), but we won both Trials in two races. The first race was a little bit harder because of the slippery road, but in the second we were in top 3 positions before leaving the Festival in both Trials.

Edit: Literally just happened for a fourth time - I won both the second two races, and crossed the line with us in the lead after a team-mate barged me out the way lap one and then missed a checkpoint... only for him to do it again on the last corner.
I got lucky then. First two races my team won on the first attempt. Easiest Trial for me yet.

Fifth time of asking for me :lol:

I did 13 races in total, won seven of them myself, placed second behind an AI once, third behind an AI and a team-mate once, and then four 4th-6ths. In the final attempt I had two guys show up in nuclear-powered MINI X-Raids who won everything, but everyone else was a catastrophic dolt.

B99D3023-F173-466C-9E34-390684DE67DD.png

I have all four of these already. I have more than enough FP to buy one of each and gift them to players. If you don't have one of these cars and either don't have or don't want to spend the FP on it, tell me which one you want, tell me your gamertag, and I'll buy it and gift it to you. First come, first served.

Edit: Dang. It doesn’t work that way. When I select “give as a gift” it gives me five choices from my friends list, random, or cancel. And I can only gift one car, not one of each car in the shop. So I can’t gift these the way I thought I could.

Last edited:
They've messed some of these accolades up a bit...

ixCKSNX.jpg
Eh??? I pinned that Mazda accolade yesterday as well, it showed different text on my screen. From top to bottom it was to smash 25 candy canes, 25 Xmas trees and 25 snowmen. I didn’t find any snowmen but the other two seems to work.

Anyway, I got another issue now. Played a decent chunk of S2.1 yesterday, now this morning the game crashed on the loading screen after starting it up, and again, and again. Even did a full power cycle of my Xbox Series X and… it crashed again. I can now officially not play FH5 anymore on my Series X.

182 games on my Xbox account. 2.5 generations of Xbox hardware being the OG One, One X and Series X. I have NEVER experienced any game I can’t even start up. FH5 is now officially the most bugged game in my Xbox gaming history. And I think you can add in 2 decades of being a PC gamer before that period as well.

I have a plan B to get my One X from under the dust and try it there but this is getting beyond rediculous…

@ManteoMax

please anybody know were to find the dlc cars in the gamefiles ? i want to know the zip name of the porsche 962CR Schuppan.

Last edited:
It's also how you do the "shortcut" Trailblazer Accolade; you start where the finish gates will be and drive to the start gates, then turn round and go though the start gate to start the clock. The instant you do, Rewind it all the way back to the start and then reverse through the finish gates.
Guess what?

I was trying my luck with the Treasure Hunt in the Alumi Craft -- no luck -- and while doing so, I remembered this explanation and decided to check it out. I didn't look up "Just Taking a Shortcut" first. When the accolade didn't register, I looked it up and realized it was for the VW.

Around the same time, I also noticed the game suggesting a Trailblazer accolade for using a buggy. I was driving one...and it had not given it to me. I thought that was strange, but first I went to retrieve the VW.

I repeated the trick in the VW for "Just Taking a Shortcut"...and then earned the buggy accolade instead. Now I cannot trigger "Just Taking a Shortcut". Good thing I'm not an achievement-hunter-type player or these accolades would probably have me pulling my hair out.

Last edited:
Anyway, I got another issue now. Played a decent chunk of S2.1 yesterday, now this morning the game crashed on the loading screen after starting it up, and again, and again. Even did a full power cycle of my Xbox Series X and… it crashed again. I can now officially not play FH5 anymore on my Series X.

182 games on my Xbox account. 2.5 generations of Xbox hardware being the OG One, One X and Series X. I have NEVER experienced any game I can’t even start up. FH5 is now officially the most bugged game in my Xbox gaming history. And I think you can add in 2 decades of being a PC gamer before that period as well.

I have a plan B to get my One X from under the dust and try it there but this is getting beyond rediculous…

@ManteoMax
Looks like the same issue as me on Series X, the game always crash when the loading screen show up when I'm trying to start a race. The problem started after the hotfix to fix the infinite save loop bug for me.

I have the same plan B too and FH5 works just fine on One X, even manage to finish enough objectives last night to get all 45 points for both cars too.

I found this trial easier than it was last week and got it on my third attempt. On my first go I used a Bronco with a tune off Reddit that basically stopped the car after the big jumps but then I found a much better car and tune.
I used the Ford Ranger T6 with this tune 111-668-850, using this I won the first 2 races on my second go and suffered near zero speed loss on the big jumps. On the thrid race I'm not sure if it was an out of control player or A.i but I got punted out side a checkpoint and quit after that since the team I had were pants.

On my third attempt I came second in the first race (behind another Ranger T6) and won the second race and that was it.

I found this trial easier than it was last week and got it on my third attempt. On my first go I used a Bronco with a tune off Reddit that basically stopped the car after the big jumps but then I found a much better car and tune.
I used the Ford Ranger T6 with this tune 111-668-850, using this I won the first 2 races on my second go and suffered near zero speed loss on the big jumps. On the thrid race I'm not sure if it was an out of control player or A.i but I got punted out side a checkpoint and quit after that since the team I had were pants.

On my third attempt I came second in the first race (behind another Ranger T6) and won the second race and that was it.
The Ranger seems to be the best bet, mainly due to it having 6 really short-spaced gears that give it a ton of acceleration off the line. All it really needs is a little tweaking to make it feel less squishy in hard cornering and it keeps up with the AI no problem.

For what it’s worth, the game is playing almost flawlessly on my OG XBox One right now.
I made a ticket but Forza support quickly pointed me towards Xbox support…. that ain’t gonna work. My One X is disconnected so I tried something else first. Since FH5 is one of the Xbox Play Anywhere, I switched to my PC and started FH5 there which took very long (it’s a really slow and outdated PC even below minimum specs, totally unplayable for FH but it can load the game). So the game loaded there, I switched to another car, set another house as my home, untagged that Mazda festival accolade, did my VIP super wheelspins (some lucky guy now got a Bugatti EB220 gifted ☺️), collected some payouts and closed the game again. I switched back to my Xbox Series X (saw a very brief sync window) and hallelujah the game loaded again without crashing this time. Was a lucky shot it it worked.

Was my previous save game corrupt? No, because it loaded fine on my old PC. My previous save game somehow crashed my Xbox Series X but switching to PC to change some aforementioned stuff there, close the game and go back to XSX somehow fixed it.

Absolutely weird stuff. @ManteoMax FYI.

Last edited:
I have more than enough FP to buy one of each and gift them to players. If you don't have one of these cars and either don't have or don't want to spend the FP on it, tell me which one you want, tell me your gamertag, and I'll buy it and gift it to you.
The EB110 would be nice, I just missed it on the wheel yesterday. Thanks Populuxe, even if I'm too late - good of you to do this.

Back