Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,968 comments
I have all four of these already. I have more than enough FP to buy one of each and gift them to players. If you don't have one of these cars and either don't have or don't want to spend the FP on it, tell me which one you want, tell me your gamertag, and I'll buy it and gift it to you. First come, first served.
It looks like the gift drop gives you a selection of random buddies to choose from as recipients, rather than the entire list - getting a specific person may require backing out and selecting again several times.

I switched back to my Xbox Series X (saw a very brief sync window) and hallelujah the game loaded again without crashing this time. Was a lucky shot it it worked.
Exactly the same thing happened to me this morning. Series X failed to load, switched to PC than back to Xbox, synced save data, loaded up fine. I suspect it was some kind of server problem.

Last edited:
I switched back to my Xbox Series X (saw a very brief sync window) and hallelujah the game loaded again without crashing this time. Was a lucky shot it it worked.

Was my previous save game corrupt? No, because it loaded fine on my old PC. My previous save game somehow crashed my Xbox Series X but switching to PC to change some aforementioned stuff there, close the game and go back to XSX somehow fixed it.

Absolutely weird stuff. @ManteoMax FYI.
Switching device really fixed it!

Just tried it with my Series X after playing the game last night on One X and it loads in with all progress and it stops crashing at loading screens.

Very buggy today,finally got a Veneo and finished my Formula Drift collection but of course it didn't register so no 2 super wheelspins and now it's just frozen,and now I can't get back in...

Last edited:
Damn and I thought after yesterday's reasonably problem free session, PG was getting the hang of their own game.. Guess not?

Is it me or is there more traffic on free-roam now?!
It varies.

I've found that it forgets about them if you play online modes (Tour/Trial/Eliminator/Open/etc) for a while, and you'll need to restart the game and console a couple of times to get traffic back again - switching back and forth between Life and Solo does nothing - but there's enough to make all the Near Miss/Trading Paint Accolades possible again.

Last edited:
So i just received a mail from the Forza support about the reflection bug in photomode...
forzasupport.PNG

"I'm going to mark it as solved, even though it's not, and then no one's going to do anything about it and it'll be left for the backburner or forgotten entirely." Essentially?
Im not gonna let it go, even if i have to mail them everyday. I really don't understand how he mark it as 'solved' when its clearly not lol. I understand that they have there hands full of bugs with more priorities than this but this is not the way man. The bug really destroys my rain shots in photomode.

Im not gonna let it go, even if i have to mail them everyday. I really don't understand how he mark it as 'solved' when its clearly not lol. I understand that they have there hands full of bugs with more priorities than this but this is not the way man. The bug really destroys my rain shots in photomode.
There's a couple of issues with photomode, and more got introduced with the recent update. There should be a way to turn off the weather affects when in photomode, I don't want snow flakes and water droplets plastered all over the images. Couple that with photomode now having time progression for some stupid reason, it's getting pretty annoying.

Last edited:
There's a couple of issues with photomode, and more got introduced with the recent update. There should be a way to turn off the weather affects when in photomode, I don't want snow flakes and water droplets plastered all over the images. Couple with photomode now having time progression for some stupid reason, it's getting pretty annoying.
Yeah that one is also annoying, just when you got the perfect spot with the perfect lighting all of sudden the lighting and shadows start moving and changing lol.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, it's the support ticket that is being marked as solved, not the bug. It is to be fixed with an update, not customer support, and closing tickets like this probably helps them track complaints that Forza Support can resolve on an individual basis.

It isn't an assurance the bug will be fixed, but I think your report has been sufficiently heard.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, it's the support ticket that is being marked as solved, not the bug. It is to be fixed with an update, not customer support, and closing tickets like this probably helps them track complaints that Forza Support can resolve on an individual basis.

It isn't an assurance the bug will be fixed, but I think your report has been sufficiently heard.
I hope you're right!

I'm glad I didn't do that final championship and get 46 points in the last season now.

I won the Trueno via a Super Wheelspin and somebody has just gifted me the Jaguar F-Type.

I just gave the daytime variant of this track a go, and it's pretty impressive. The track itself isn't very difficult, but, as one would imagine, it is pretty tight, and definitely favors smaller, lower-powered cars with a focus on handling.

There are a couple not-great things, though. First thing is that because of all the items used to create the track, it does take a pretty long time to load the event, and takes equally as long to leave and go back into normal freeroam (at least it did for my One X). Also, some items spawn will only appear as you approach them. The trees around the urban portion of the map in particular tend to pop in only as I approach the corners, which is a bit jarring. Again, I'm pretty sure that's primarily just because of me playing on a One X.

Even still, this is a fun togue course, and I think it's worth checking out.

Trial isn't proving that difficult as I Thought it would be, works better the less of you's there are, got beat 1st race I finished 3rd , and in next race it was just me, idiots bailed oot on me lol, but I had no probs in winning the last 2 races by my self :)

Last edited:
The good news,a pc restart let me back in,the bad news the FD 599 still hasn't registered in the car collection even though it says I have 14/14 FD cars..:odd:

When the message includes "we will send out an announcement to the Community when we have a resolution," it's not a good idea to spam the issue.

The first email you received indicating that your ticket had been received should have included description under Bug reports: "You may see that your ticket is marked as "Solved" if we already have the information we need or its a known issue that the developers are already working on." This one is already in the "Identified and "Investigating" section of the Known Issues list:
  • Graphics - Water droplet effects may remain on screen.
A single user spamming an issue will not make the devs solve it faster. This is not the way. Please just wait for a resolution.

Note that the Known Issues list is updated regularly, and today's additions include the following:
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2- Summer - Treasure Hunt: Blazing Thunder – players who have previously completed trailblazer with 3 stars are not able to unlock the treasure chest (Date Added:12.10.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Seasonal Championship - Seasonal Championship events do not mark as complete after finishing all races. (Date Added:12.06.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2 - Summer - Seasonal Championship - Toys Under the Tree, Yule The Boss, Good Tidings we Bring may not complete after finishing the races (Date Added:12.10.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2 - Autumn- Seasonal Championship - Carol of the bel airs, Drivin' home for xmas, Getting Hyped may not complete after finishing the races (Date Added:12.10.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2 - Winter- Seasonal Championship - Feliz Navidad, Oh, Deer, '20 Supra GR Championship may not complete after finishing the races (Date Added:12.10.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2 - Summer - Seasonal Championship - Auld Land Syne, Down For the Countdown, New Beginnings may not complete after finishing the races (Date Added:12.10.21)

When the message includes "we will send out an announcement to the Community when we have a resolution," it's not a good idea to spam the issue.

The first email you received indicating that your ticket had been received should have included description under Bug reports: "You may see that your ticket is marked as "Solved" if we already have the information we need or its a known issue that the developers are already working on." This one is already in the "Identified and "Investigating" section of the Known Issues list:
  • Graphics - Water droplet effects may remain on screen.
A single user spamming an issue will not make the devs solve it faster. This is not the way. Please just wait for a resolution.

Note that the Known Issues list is updated regularly, and today's additions include the following:
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2- Summer - Treasure Hunt: Blazing Thunder – players who have previously completed trailblazer with 3 stars are not able to unlock the treasure chest (Date Added:12.10.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Seasonal Championship - Seasonal Championship events do not mark as complete after finishing all races. (Date Added:12.06.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2 - Summer - Seasonal Championship - Toys Under the Tree, Yule The Boss, Good Tidings we Bring may not complete after finishing the races (Date Added:12.10.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2 - Autumn- Seasonal Championship - Carol of the bel airs, Drivin' home for xmas, Getting Hyped may not complete after finishing the races (Date Added:12.10.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2 - Winter- Seasonal Championship - Feliz Navidad, Oh, Deer, '20 Supra GR Championship may not complete after finishing the races (Date Added:12.10.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2 - Summer - Seasonal Championship - Auld Land Syne, Down For the Countdown, New Beginnings may not complete after finishing the races (Date Added:12.10.21)
Yeah you're right, im just overreacting a little maybe 😅.

on a more positive note, the save bug on Series X was fixed with the lastest patch and I have no crashes when loading races, so my FH5 is almost completely fine now.

the only issues I have left are:
  • variable traffic deinsity. I did one motorway run full of traffic, but then did three seasonal street races where not a single traffic car showed up.
  • Stupid rubber banding AI running unrealistic lap times or with unrealistic acceleration.

if they can make both of these things work like FH4 then I'd say we're pretty much sorted.

• variable traffic deinsity. I did one motorway run full of traffic, but then did three seasonal street races where not a single traffic car showed up.
  • Stupid rubber banding AI running unrealistic lap times or with unrealistic acceleration.

if they can make both of these things work like FH4 then I'd say we're pretty much sorted.
To add to that, if they can allow us to limit Drivatar aggression, It's worse than it's ever been. I'll overtake on a straight away and give plenty of space just for them to still try to ram me off the side of the road.

It looks like the gift drop gives you a selection of random buddies to choose from as recipients, rather than the entire list - getting a specific person may require backing out and selecting again several times.
Unfortunately, I just discovered this.

The EB110 would be nice, I just missed it on the wheel yesterday. Thanks Populuxe, even if I'm too late - good of you to do this.
Sorry, but it looks like I won’t be able to gift a car to you after all.

Sorry, but it looks like I won’t be able to gift a car to you after all.
No worries :). I tried out the Forzathon gifting option myself, and it looks like you can only send one car a week to a random player then it says "Come back next week or Christmas day or New Year" so it looks like a very limited feature.

Related to that, the bar is going up for global gifts so slowly it looks like we might get an outfit if we are lucky but the car is probably out of the question unless a lot of people get bored over the holidays and alleviate this by sending cars instead of driving.

So I had some brand new trailblazing events to do, figure I give them a shot for the treasure chest and after I 3-starred 2 of them with the Alumni Craft, nothing triggered at all. So I guess the whole thing is bugged. Submitted a ticket anyway.

Checking the "World" Accolades, I noticed that there is one to drive a Mazda and knock out 25 candy canes, 25 Xmas trees and 25 snowmen. Do you have to wait until Winter for the snowmen? I can get the 25 canes and trees, although the counter is kinda wonky and doesn't register many that you hit, but snowmen I can't seem to find many. I found 2 by the volcano, I hit them and they didn't register. In any case, there are separate accolades to hit 25 each in any car, so I guess there's that.

I found 2 by the volcano, I hit them and they didn't register.
Yeah, the whole thing is super weird. There's actually five up there in total - two around the buildings and three dotted around the larger crater - and the trick is to hit one and then Rewind, and do it again, incessantly. Half the time it won't register, so you'll be there a while.

So I had some brand new trailblazing events to do, figure I give them a shot for the treasure chest and after I 3-starred 2 of them with the Alumni Craft, nothing triggered at all. So I guess the whole thing is bugged. Submitted a ticket anyway.
Saw a video on You Tube and tried the Alumni with the same tune on the same Trailblazer that was labelled New and 3 star it and it didn't worked like it did for him.

Today i managed to get FH5 to launch again. Since Wednesday, the game would always get stuck at the data sync procedure at 0%, no matter how long i let it run.

First, i consulted the Forza Support's article called "My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC", then i looked at the time/data correction title.

Make Sure the Time/Date on your PC is Correct​

1. Right click on the clock on your start menu.
  2. Select Adjust Date/Time.
  3. Untick then retic 'Set time zone automatically'.
  4. Reboot your PC.
I proceeded to follow this advice, then booted the game and a few minutes later, the launcher was no longer stuck at 0% when syncing data. I guess that solved the problem.

Feels good being able to play the game once again. I was close to writing it off as unplayable until the next update.

What is going on in the background of this game? The other night, I played with a ton of AI traffic, but no players. Last night, went back to "normal" with no traffic. This evening... went to Solo, & it's a ghost town across the map, so went back to Online with at least other players.

Yeah, the whole thing is super weird. There's actually five up there in total - two around the buildings and three dotted around the larger crater - and the trick is to hit one and then Rewind, and do it again, incessantly. Half the time it won't register, so you'll be there a while.
Also, as @dirtydog pointed out, you have to be in Horizon Solo to make the rewind trick work or the paper snowman'll stay trashed and you'll have to reset the game or fast travel to get it back.

Last edited:
Back