Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,969 comments
Is the "drive three different cars" also broken? I came 2nd and eliminated 5 people which means I definitely drove at least 3 different cars and yet I still haven't been able to complete the challenge

1639283510847.png

I've just realized I've gotten every single car there is to buy in the game. Of all the Forzas I've played, this has never happened to me before and now I don't know what to do with myself. I guess I'll give away every car I get from wheelspins from now on.

iu

I got 4 car drops and it didn't register so yes, it's most likely broken.
I got it, but this was after one of my Repo Man games where I never challenged anyone and just went around stealing every car drop I could find. So i dunno if eliminating someone and upgrading that way resets it or not (which it shouldn't but I don't even bother questioning how things get triggered in this game anymore).

I just had a very odd session.

It started with Playground Games spawning me 3 miles outside the play area every round, which was just bizarre. I could drive into the play area but even than everyone was moving incredibly slow and making contact did nothing. I know it wasn't on my end either as nobody stole any crowns or infected anyone and it took awhile for anyone to even collect a flag making me think everyone was spawned outside the play area.

After that I did an Open series where I could only see 1 other player moving at normal pace while everyone else was stuck at the start line. The final results seemed normal so I'm guessing everyone saw pretty much the same thing.

I also did an Eliminator after that just to make sure it wasn't my internet being stupid and it worked fine, so I don't know what's going on.

PG really seems to be doing the whole "1 step forward, 2 steps back" thing right now as it seems like the game has had far more issues the last couple weeks than it did during the first 2.

PG really seems to be doing the whole "1 step forward, 2 steps back" thing right now as it seems like the game has had far more issues the last couple weeks than it did during the first 2.
100%

And it makes me wonder: what the **** is going on behind closed doors that it's getting to this point? I cannot remember a game launch, let alone a racing game launch, that was relatively decent in terms of a launch, and actively got worse as time went on, to the point where a little over a month later it's in a worse shape then at launch.

This is without question the worst racing game launch I've been apart of since TDU2. At least I'm older and am able to compartmentalize things and have a bit of sympathy for PG considering they are trying...but that good will is being burnt fast, both within the community and in myself. This is embarrassing. This is a joke. And the longer it goes on, the lower the possibility of FH5 getting any sort of second wind from content drops, or more specifically, the first expansion is.

It started with Playground Games spawning me 3 miles outside the play area every round, which was just bizarre. I could drive into the play area but even than everyone was moving incredibly slow and making contact did nothing. I know it wasn't on my end either as nobody stole any crowns or infected anyone and it took awhile for anyone to even collect a flag making me think everyone was spawned outside the play area.
Same thing happened to me yesterday during race two in the Trial. The race started and I was dropped in the middle of Teotihuacan. :lol:

I still don’t have traffic in my online lobbies whenever I play and I also barely have as many people driving as I did when I played forza horizon 4. Still is a fun game besides the bugs/glitches.

Is the "drive three different cars" also broken? I came 2nd and eliminated 5 people which means I definitely drove at least 3 different cars and yet I still haven't been able to complete the challenge

View attachment 1099046
I drove 3 different cars (if you count the Beetle) and didn't come up for me. The photo challenge doesn't work either for me.

I really feel this is starting to become my least favourite Forza Horizon game because of these all bugs.

Drive three different cars worked for me. I was able to net five points from the Eliminator by coming 26th at the same time. Just waiting for one more daily to make up the remaining 45th point now.

Last edited:
Was checking the playlist and saw a danger sign in the treasure hunt for Spring..... :nervous:
Also a lot of players wont be happy about the daily that requires driving a lv7 car in the Eliminator. I wonder how or who is choosing those challenges.

Also a lot of players wont be happy about the daily that requires driving a lv7 car in the Eliminator.
It would be mildly annoying due to how luck-based it is, but seeing as it's already impossible to 100% this season due to bugs then I'll personally just not bother even trying.

Was checking the playlist and saw a danger sign in the treasure hunt for Spring..... :nervous:
Also a lot of players wont be happy about the daily that requires driving a lv7 car in the Eliminator. I wonder how or who is choosing those challenges.
That could potentially take hours, even for a skilled player it's heavily luck based. The more I play this game, the more it gets on your nerves.

I just gifted a load of my high value cars, I'm done with it when my game pass runs out soon. When I played FH4 on game pass in 2018 I quickly decided to buy it but the more I play FH5, the more I'm convinced I don't want to keep playing it. Even if they fix the vast array of bugs, I don't like the new handling model anyway, or the map, or the barebones online modes. So what is the point. I'm going back to FH4 and will also hope GT7 is worth playing on my PS4 next year.

That could potentially take hours, even for a skilled player it's heavily luck based.
On the other hand, it's nice to have a Daily that actually takes a bit of doing rather than a perfunctory "dRiVe InTo ThReE bInS".

Eliminator is reasonably good fun, and you'll probably complete a couple of Accolades if you need a few runs.

It would be mildly annoying due to how luck-based it is, but seeing as it's already impossible to 100% this season due to bugs then I'll personally just not bother even trying.
More than mildly annoying if Eliminator turns you off. I'm not the least bit interested in battle royale with cars; I'm anti-interested in battle royale anything. :yuck:

Fortunately, this series also doesn't offer any must-have cars, and only a couple desirable ones. I can just pick and choose rewards as the mood strikes -- more the way it should feel with rewards, IMO.

I've managed to delete all my tunes from my Creative Hub. It took me at least 15 minutes to remove +30 tunes from it. Most of them were average/lame and only a fraction of them were decent.

Why the procedure to delete tunes from the Creative Hub has to be janky and clumsy? Why PG still haven't found a way to make players' life much easier to unshare them?

Last edited:

View attachment 1099046

I got 4 car drops and it didn't register so yes, it's most likely broken.

I drove 3 different cars (if you count the Beetle) and didn't come up for me. The photo challenge doesn't work either for me.

I really feel this is starting to become my least favourite Forza Horizon game because of these all bugs.

Drive three different cars worked for me. I was able to net five points from the Eliminator by coming 26th at the same time. Just waiting for one more daily to make up the remaining 45th point now.
I drove three different cars a few times - start car then elimination upgrade/car drop, then car drop/elimination upgrade - and it didn't trigger.

I've just done an event where I drove three different car drop cars - start car, elimination upgrade, car drop, car drop, car drop - and it did.

I also won :lol: Beat a Lv10 Brocky in my Lv6 Cholla (wtf is a "Cholla" anyway?) because he stacked it into a bridge support halfway. 20m more and I'd have been second.

Well then.

Anyway, the Secret Santa bar is filling up a bit slowly, but it looks like it's 5% done to me. Should mean the "mystery car" (Peel P50) will pop in... February.

Oh well.

Well then.

Anyway, the Secret Santa bar is filling up a bit slowly, but it looks like it's 5% done to me. Should mean the "mystery car" (Peel P50) will pop in... February.

Oh well.
Considering it's part of the seasonal accolades, I wouldn't be surprised if they just relent and gift it out anyway even if the goal is nowhere near close to finished.

Of course, it could just be that the bar isn't updating properly too, or maybe they're actively suppressing its progress to try and get people to make more use of the car gifting, and just before Christmas it'll suddenly shoot up about 60% in a day.

Will the devs ever going to consider nerfing Drivatars in this game?

It's pretty obvious they cheat on purpose to force players to use properly tuned strong cars as well driving better. But this isn't the case when it gets to the point it actively encourages dirty racing against them, something a decent player would never do in online racing.

It's been a month since the game's release and i'm starting to believe PG is quite happy in letting Drivatars defy the laws of physics.

Will the devs ever going to consider nerfing Drivatars in this game?

It's pretty obvious they cheat on purpose to force players to use properly tuned strong cars as well driving better. But this isn't the case when it gets to the point it actively encourages dirty racing against them, something a decent player would never do in online racing.

It's been a month since the game's release and i'm starting to believe PG is quite happy in letting Drivatars defy the laws of physics.
Not only that, they're not actually subject to checkpoints. I've battered them clean outside the checkpoint gates before and they've carried on in position with no issue.

I drove three different cars a few times - start car then elimination upgrade/car drop, then car drop/elimination upgrade - and it didn't trigger.

I've just done an event where I drove three different car drop cars - start car, elimination upgrade, car drop, car drop, car drop - and it did.

I also won :lol: Beat a Lv10 Brocky in my Lv6 Cholla (wtf is a "Cholla" anyway?) because he stacked it into a bridge support halfway. 20m more and I'd have been second.
My game seems to to have sorted its act out. The Lambo Photo Challenge finally worked after failing to work with multiple shots earlier and the Eliminator Daily was sorted with starter Beetle, Macan, Focus, another Focus just in case it counted and finally a Porsche 959 desert rally car I think it was and then finished 10/10 in the final showdown.

For the Eliminator daily, I ended up picking up 8 or 9 car drops, just cleaning up all of the level 2 cars nobody collects. Amusingly, this meant that I barely saw any other players and ended up tenth. Fortunately that was enough to satisfy the daily!
Considering it's part of the seasonal accolades, I wouldn't be surprised if they just relent and gift it out anyway even if the goal is nowhere near close to finished.
In most cases, a bar like that is just for show, and the prize will be given out anyway. The shown goal is usually picked based on previous gathered data, and set so that it's achievable without any actual extra effort by the playerbase. Maybe the Willys spam tweaked their stats a bit, but I certainly have been receiving a deluge of gifts this weekend, and have bounced most of them straight back into the barn.

I finally won my first game of Eliminator last night for the achievement.

5E79FDA4-72E8-4738-B26E-3DD1A36D1B16.png

I determined the right direction of the finish line and got a head start. And fortunately I also didn’t have to do too much off-roading in the 330 P4 either. I didn’t really care for Eliminator at first, but after so many games, it’s grown on me now. I’ll keep playing it for the Playlist. Just hope winning a game is never required again. :crazy:

I stay away from Eliminator or any battle royale due to my crappy luck. I remember getting three or four AMG 6x6s in a row back in FH4 and that was enough for me. Also the treasure hunt this week is a no-go since I can't get it to trigger even after trying both new ones I hadn't done before or ones I've already completed.

I only play The Eliminator in FH5 because it counts as progress for the Festival Playlist.

In FH4, i played it only to get the exclusive reward cars, such as the DD Prerunner or the Cougar Eliminator. Once i got the last reward car (911 GT3 RS PO), i never touched it again.

Latest Posts

Back