Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,973 comments
I did ten Arcades in a row yesterday. I drove to each one (although I did use the map to locate them and make a route.) I collected several Arcade-related accolades as well as the Lotus Evija. And I did it all in my A711 I-H Scout. Even the drift zones despite it being built for off-road, not drifting. The only time I got close to not completing the third round was one of the speed Arcades. I had to maintain a speed over 100 mph. The longer you hold it, the more points you get. The problem was there was no good place to do it. I managed to close it out with about ten seconds remaining. Of the ten Arcades I did, only once did someone else join me. I'm glad the Arcades are working now, but it's just not as much fun as Forzathon Live in FH4.

Well as of today I can’t get the game to run long enough to get into car. It was real, it was fun, it wasn’t real fun.
I had trouble for awhile. I finished a horizon open racing event for the seasonal points. When it was over and I was back in free roam, I had no rumble function on my controller. I quit and restarted the game and when I would try to start playing from the starting screen, it would show loading then the game would quit. It did this about 5 times in row, then it finally sorted itself out.

Last edited:
So yeah... I can still play no issues on my og Xbox but on my series X, it's a no go.

Took 4 attempts to get it to boot up. Entered an offline race, crash.
Another couple attempts to boot it up, enter a race, crashed out game again.

I really really don't get it... Why am I so masochistic that I keep trying!

Enjoying the rare, Japan-exclusive Ferrari J50! Looks great, in my opinion!

Forza Horizon 5 (163).png

Forza Horizon 5 (167).png

• Festival Playlist - Series 1 - Crowd-pleaser Daily challenge does not unlock unless the player completes a showcase event they have never done before
  • Festival Playlist - Series 1 - The Explorer Daily challenge does not unlock unless the player completes a showcase event they have never done before (Date Added:11.23.21)
  • Festival Playlist - Series 2- Summer - Treasure Hunt: Blazing Thunder – players who have previously completed trailblazer with 3 stars are not able to unlock the treasure chest (Date Added:12.10.21)
I see a trend here, the game works better if you don’t play it… 😔

I did that back in S1 with the Mercedes-AMG ONE. Must have beaten the same ghost about eight times with valid, clean laps. No Accolade(s).

Only thing I can think of there is that Monthly Rivals doesn't count, which would be... belmtastic, but not unexpected.
Is that the accolade to beat the ghost drivatar? I found that you need to literally beat the ghost to the finish line, independently whether the lap is dirty or not. So if a ghost finishes for example in 3 minutes and a dirty lap, you won’t get +1 for the accolade if you finish in 4 minutes and a clean lap.

Is that the accolade to beat the ghost drivatar? I found that you need to literally beat the ghost to the finish line, independently whether the lap is dirty or not. So if a ghost finishes for example in 3 minutes and a dirty lap, you won’t get +1 for the accolade if you finish in 4 minutes and a clean lap.
Yes, it is, and yes I know. Although a lot of the Accolades and Challenges say things that aren't quite what the actual purpose is, this one is does mean what it says - but it hasn't actually worked that way so far.

The issue is that beating them once does not actually count towards the Accolades for beating them twice or five times unless done in the same session.

I have, for instance, completed all six of the "Amateur" Accolades for posting a time on a D, C, B, A, S1, and S2 leaderboards in one session on November 17*, and all of them are clean lap times because I didn't know if you needed any lap time or if only a clean one would do, so I went clean. Doing so requires that you race against a ghost and in all cases, since my lap times were in the top 5% to get the six "Elite" Accolades, I beat the Rivals ghosts in order to do so. I mean, the first ghost in every case set a lap time whole minutes slower than my time... I could have reversed to the finish and beaten them.

However none of those contributed to the six "Pro" Accolades, for beating two Rivals ghosts in the classes, or the six "Veteran" Accolades, for beating five. Aside from D & C, which I've gone back to check on, these are all showing a 0/2 or 0/5 progress despite me having actually beaten the ghosts to the finish line (and with clean laps) when I picked up the Amateur Accolades.

The D Pro/Veteran Accolades didn't start counting up until I had beaten two in the same session; beating two separate D ghosts in the Titan and the Marathon (in addition to the previous D ghost I beat for Elite) didn't count towards the Accolades and both stayed at 0. Only when I beat two in one session did Pro advance to 2/2 and Veteran to 2/5.

Curiously, the C Pro/Veteran both stand at 1 right now, and I'm baffled as to why, because I've beaten two C ghosts in Colossus and Goliath. It should be either at 2/2 and 2/5 (if it's working) or 0/2 and 0/5 (if it's consistent), but it isn't. All the others remain at 0 despite having beaten at least one ghost in each class at least once.

*Except S1, which is showing as November 30. That's mental, because I literally ran the same course six times in D, C, B, A, S1, and S2 cars, progressing from one class up to the next.

I just need clean runs in Goliath, Gauntlet and the Lookout Circuit (wherever that is) and that's all my Rivals accolades done. Running a clean lap in each event before I raced it helped a lot with progression. I'd show you a screenshot but that functionality decided to break today in the Xbox app. Maybe after the next hotfix.

Screenshot_20211214-130531_Xbox.jpg

Last edited:
Curiously, the C Pro/Veteran both stand at 1 right now, and I'm baffled as to why, because I've beaten two C ghosts in Colossus and Goliath. It should be either at 2/2 and 2/5 (if it's working) or 0/2 and 0/5 (if it's consistent), but it isn't. All the others remain at 0 despite having beaten at least one ghost in each class at least once.
So, having just beaten a C Class ghost as Reservorio Sprint, and thus two (though actually four now) Rivals ghosts in C Class, I didn't get the Pro Accolade, and it's still showing 1/2 (and 1/5 for Veteran). I'm going again to beat a second one in the same "session", which should probably do it.
I'd show you a screenshot but that functionality decided to break today in the Xbox app. Maybe after the next hotfix.
Hopefully it doesn't introduce something newly catastrophic like the last one. Browsing the official forums and Reddit, good will towards PG seems to be rapidly evaporating (though Reddit is always bitching about something).

So, having just beaten a C Class ghost as Reservorio Sprint, and thus two (though actually four now) Rivals ghosts in C Class, I didn't get the Pro Accolade, and it's still showing 1/2 (and 1/5 for Veteran). I'm going again to beat a second one in the same "session", which should probably do it
Try beating Rivals on circuit instead of point to point races. I had the same problem.

Try beating Rivals on circuit instead of point to point races. I had the same problem.
That was the very next test :lol: That's why I was doing Reservorio Sprint: Arch of Mulege is nearby in case same session alone didn't do it.

And it didn't. But a completely new session at Arch did - so that was beating two Rivals in different sessions at very different circuit courses (Goliath and Arch of Mulege).

Mystery solved: beating Rivals ghosts at any point-to-point courses doesn't work (and yes, you can beat the same ghost over and over and it counts). I'll act surprised :lol:

Last edited:
Come back to the game now i have a wheel again, much more fun than a controller. Iam kinda overhwelmed with all the things to do though. Dont know where to start, i just drive and do the event that i stumble across. Is that what others do ?

Come back to the game now i have a wheel again, much more fun than a controller. Iam kinda overhwelmed with all the things to do though. Dont know where to start, i just drive and do the event that i stumble across. Is that what others do ?
I'd usually sit down with an idea of sticking to a certain series like Road Races or Offroad and hit the new races I haven't completed. Other days I'd try and knock out Speed zones, traps or drift zones. I have limited time if i can get the game to work so i stick to a theme so i have a car tuned and ready to go.

I'd recommend using the map filter and removing anything you don't plan on focusing for that day, like @BoneSawTX mentions.

Tried doing a Trailblazer I hadn't done yesterday and it didn't register. Tried doing one I 3 starred after the update and it still didn't work.

Horizon Arcade says it can't find and event to join when I select it from the playlist so can't do that either. I'm doing today's Daily at the moment and tomorrow's seems easy enough, but if I can't do the treasure hunt or Arcade as quicker events to unlock the Maserati, it's another I'll miss out on.

So far so good with the patch, however I must wonder how the Bowling in the Deep Hilltop Descent Pro race ever got out of QA! No AI car or me can make the jump to continue and we all fall down to the canyon, and when that happens, it's restart time, and my tolerance for that is zero. That's 3 seasonal points waisted!

So far so good with the patch, however I must wonder how the Bowling in the Deep Hilltop Descent Pro race ever got out of QA! No AI car or me can make the jump to continue and we all fall down to the canyon, and when that happens, it's restart time, and my tolerance for that is zero. That's 3 seasonal points waisted!
Drive faster, lol. :lol: I think I did that one in a B-class Scooby S209.

Fed up with waiting for the blazing trails treasure hunt I bit the bullet and entered a round of seasonal games yesterday. Our team lost all three hopelessly but points is points.

No fix for the bugged Playlist items, but PG is aware (thanks @ManteoMax and colleagues!):
... we're aware that a number of players have experienced challenges on the Festival Playlist which they've not been able to complete. This can be frustrating to miss out on rewards or to not have that 100% completion. We're looking into a solution for players who have experienced the issue.

What are your thoughts on the new hotfix launched today? Is it any good?

I already got the game updated but i need to play it for a few hours to notice any changes. Hopefully it'll improve the game by squashing some issues it got.

What are your thoughts on the new hotfix launched today? Is it any good?

I already got the game updated but i need to play it for a few hours to notice any changes. Hopefully it'll improve the game by squashing some issues it got.
From what I've heard the Trailblazer treasure hunt is still broken.

I installed the update about an hour ago. Is anyone else getting infinite loading screens after completing an eventlab event? I’m doing the 3 blueprints for the Daily, and both events I’ve done so far I get stuck on infinite load screen after completing the event. On my second event I tried, the loading before the event took 3-5 minutes, and the part where it shows your car spinning around and you doing your emote, was going really slow the entire time.

Last edited:
So it's still screwed up with npc's , was cars on motorway earlier, boot up again and the roads are dead along with the server, me n 2 others, don't help the xbox app for pc is buggy as well :(

Last edited:
Lookout Circuit (wherever that is)
This broke my brain. I couldn't find it anywhere, even listed in the Accolades.

Just booted FH5 up again a minute ago and it leapt off the screen. It's a road race/circuit on the road that loops round the outside of the Rush Outpost. almost due east of the Hotel Castillo home.

Back