Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,973 comments
umm... so this may be a stupid question, but how do you get the Christmas **** to spawn in Mulege? Nothing is there.

EDIT: nevermind, all it took was for me to restart the game 3 times to get everything to spawn.

EDIT2: Not that it matters I guess, since this stupid damn thing won’t register anyways.

Last edited:
XvHGJEO.png

According to my stats page, I seem to have taken a side trip to both Jupiter and the surface of the sun at some point.

Lookout Circuit (wherever that is)
This broke my brain. I couldn't find it anywhere, even listed in the Accolades.

Just booted FH5 up again a minute ago and it leapt off the screen. It's a road race/circuit on the road that loops round the outside of the Rush Outpost. almost due east of the Hotel Castillo home.
It sounds aptly named given the effort necessary to track it down. Thanks for saving me a trip to the reddit badlands.

Clean running the Colossus was easy but Goliath keeps catching me out. I remembered to slow down before the entrance of the tunnel in Guanajuato but then I zoned out only to crash into the barrier on the right of the main road outside the stadium. I don't know whether I possess sufficient concentration to stay alert for the whole track. Maybe I can put a suitably horrible music track on to keep me from relaxing. I call karma the knife.

Last edited:
89c225ce-9cb1-4314-98c0-f441f6b96f2a.png

I purchased this car from the Auction House to randomly gift to a new player. Prior to gifting the car I decided to check the Car Mastery. To my surprise the former owner left the Wheelspin and Super Wheelspin untouched. Merry Christmas to whoever gets this car, I hope you enjoy it. One more thing, when you decide to do some custom upgrades there will be parts for a S2 (class) build already purchased for you 👍🏿.

so i log in today,i get a message saying go to horizon wonderland,i drive there, theres a secret Santa box saying i got a bronco r,i opened my garage, <nada> just a classic day in fh5 i guess

also traffic seems to be increased even in online

I know Super 7 is not popular, but there are still unique rewards. I almost missed the Police Siren Super Rare Legendary Horn. So if you didn't got one already... go for it. It may be a wheelspin reward too, but I never saw one.
Nice. I better grab it before it’s gone. Also, I got my Secret Santa gift from you, so thank you.

Last edited:
I know Super 7 is not popular, but there are still unique rewards. I almost missed the Police Siren Super Rare Legendary Horn. So if you didn't got one already... go for it. It may be a wheelspin reward too, but I never saw one.
Avoiding that mode like the plague since I don’t want to end up with 2 of the same Jags in my garage. They REALLY need to fix that and allow the player to delete the second Jaguar.

Why on earth is a barn find reward in super 7 in the first place...

The Jaguar was only a prize for the first week....
Ooh nice! I didn’t know these things rotate. Honestly I dont like super 7 much anyway. But now I see what people ment with the police siren, guess I’ll quickly go through 7 of them and have to check the reward weekly as well then. 😊

Ooh nice! I didn’t know these things rotate. Honestly I dont like super 7 much anyway. But now I see what people ment with the police siren, guess I’ll quickly go through 7 of them and have to check the reward weekly as well then. 😊
The good news (or bad depending on how you look at it) is that everyone seems to make the challenges as easy as possible to get through.

Avoiding that mode like the plague since I don’t want to end up with 2 of the same Jags in my garage. They REALLY need to fix that and allow the player to delete the second Jaguar.

Why on earth is a barn find reward in super 7 in the first place...
Yeah I have that Jag too. It was a trap. On the bright side we are those few with 2.

The good news (or bad depending on how you look at it) is that everyone seems to make the challenges as easy as possible to get through.
Yeah I don’t mind the cheesy easy challenges as part of Super 7. The faster it’s done, the better.

Yeah I don’t mind the cheesy easy challenges as part of Super 7. The faster it’s done, the better.
But at the same time, it completely torpedos the notion that community created content is supposed to extend the game's lifespan. If it's just going to be a dumpster full of mindless, identical highway drags that keep getting pushed forward because of the bad decision to make highly upvoted content stay on top and crowd out everything else, it may well just not be there at all.

But at the same time, it completely torpedos the notion that community created content is supposed to extend the game's lifespan. If it's just going to be a dumpster full of mindless, identical highway drags that keep getting pushed forward because of the bad decision to make highly upvoted content stay on top and crowd out everything else, it may well just not be there at all.

The issue is, what more can Playground do then make Super7 challenges more unique by choosing unique and interesting events and highlighting them?

It's the same catch 22 scenario that Portal in BF2042 is facing: you give people the in depth tools to create things, and the vast majority of content will be to make things as simple and streamlined as possible. Unlike Portal though, which is basically being used to run BF games of the past in a remastered and remade form, and whereas Ripple Effect have turned off XP gain in Portal mode aside from EA approved servers to stop bot farming, the open ended nature of Horizon makes the Super7 and especially Blueprints impossible to really police in any way to make said unique content stand out then highlight good stuff.

It's the same catch 22 scenario that Portal in BF2042 is facing: you give people the in depth tools to create things, and the vast majority of content will be to make things as simple and streamlined as possible. Unlike Portal though, which is basically being used to run BF games of the past in a remastered and remade form, and whereas Ripple Effect have turned off XP gain in Portal mode aside from EA approved servers to stop bot farming, the open ended nature of Horizon makes the Super7 and especially Blueprints impossible to really police in any way to make said unique content stand out then highlight good stuff.
If they can have community events in which they select the best Photo's and liveries in game week after week(or was it monthly? cant remember), I feel it's not out of question to get it going for Super7 event's as well.

If they can have community events in which they select the best Photo's and liveries in game week after week(or was it monthly? cant remember), I feel it's not out of question to get it going for Super7 event's as well.

I agree with that idea, but still, there's not really a whole lot Playground can do at this stage then highlighting unique Super7 and Blueprints and maybe stop making events that basically serve as the fastest way to get through challenges, which are the highest rated ones more often then not, as the ones that show up through the best rated category.

I agree with that idea, but still, there's not really a whole lot Playground can do at this stage then highlighting unique Super7 and Blueprints and maybe stop making events that basically serve as the fastest way to get through challenges, which are the highest rated ones more often then not, as the ones that show up through the best rated category.
Definitely. The good thing about the individual selections like I mentioned is that it's very community-driven. It's user submitted and then voted on, so it gives way to those on the lower end of the popular/like system in Forza. It would take very little effort on their part, all they'd have to do is advertise it in game, and I'm sure the people that actually put a good effort into these events will be drawn to it.

Question for anyone: I thought the BMW X5M and Charger FE were VIP pass cars? While drifting around last night, they just randomly gifted directly to my garage. Only reason I knew is because I got the accolade for acquiring 5 individual FE cars, yet I did nothing out of the ordinary and I do not own the VIP pass. I also got the Puma FE at the same time as the other, but couldn't recall if that was a VIP pass thing as well.

Last edited:
The issue is, what more can Playground do then make Super7 challenges more unique by choosing unique and interesting events and highlighting them?

The easiest solution would be to give players an option to choose whether they want a Super7 run that pulls from the top rated content, content that has low amounts of plays, or a random mix of the two. Or at the very least, give the option to not show cards that have already been completed previously so having to burn cards to get to newer content isn't necessary. That should only be something you need to do if you get a challenge you really dislike or just can't complete, not because you keep getting the exact same day one creation that sometimes pops up more than once in the same run because it's got 200K+ plays on it.

It's not going to get rid of the low effort content, but at the very least it allows the player some more control over the type of experience they get, rather than only being allowed to keep slowly rejecting things one at a time until they get annoyed and give up just to finish the game mode.

Another option is to not automatically pop up the voting screen with Like as the default option, as I'm sure a lot of stuff just gets upvoted because people are mashing the A button to hurry up and get to the next thing and didn't actually like it or care about it.

Some of these custom eventlab deals are really great fun. I just wish there was a better way to “find” the good ones, but that’s running into the same issues as the Super 7.

Some of these custom eventlab deals are really great fun. I just wish there was a better way to “find” the good ones, but that’s running into the same issues as the Super 7.
Have to admit, I loved the maze one near the stadium which was running yesterday, great fun.

I just discovered I could gift another car from the Forzathon Shop as a Secret Santa gift. So it appears you can gift each of the four cars, but only one per day.

About the Secret Santa, so I gifted my brother a car. He starts playing and goes to the Christmas market, since on the map, the icon changed to a gift box. The box is there, he drives into it, it breaks and a message shows up that I sent him this car. Great.

He goes into his garage and the gifted car is not there. WTF? Are there steps I'm missing here? Another damn bug?

Can't wait for the season change, Since I've done most of the main content this is my weekly Forza binge knocking off the playlist all the easy stuff first. That said, 15 stars from danger signs in this weeks Forzathon car is quite a big target. Might be enough to finish 3 staring them all. Koenigsegg here I come! (I don't have any at the moment so this will be my first one!).

Question for anyone: I thought the BMW X5M and Charger FE were VIP pass cars? While drifting around last night, they just randomly gifted directly to my garage. Only reason I knew is because I got the accolade for acquiring 5 individual FE cars, yet I did nothing out of the ordinary and I do not own the VIP pass. I also got the Puma FE at the same time as the other, but couldn't recall if that was a VIP pass thing as well.
All three of them are VIP cars.

Back