Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,974 comments
Sorry for slightly off topic but got a 6month gamepass ultimate from bt have activated it but my account says ends on february whatever date , yet on my bt account it says it end in june, i already was on a subscription that says due too end in february, baffled?

I just received 6x Super Wheelspin (but i didn't have time to read the associated "gift" message), one hour after getting the weekly two.

See your in-game messages: We just gifted the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR to all FH5 users. It can be hard to tell which one it is in your garage because the My Cars menu just shows the standard livery until you get in the car and see our Ugly Sweater custom livery on it. To fix that all you need to do is to save any upgrade part to the car (even a differential should work), and then the menu will show the livery in the preview.

I don't get what you're so upset about. Were they supposed to give a wealth of stuff for free because of it?
No , the joke is them getting game of the year for a bug ridden mess that was released and is still bug ridden mess
Full House Reaction GIF

Last edited:
No , the joke is them getting game of the year for a bug ridden mess that was released and is still bug ridden mess
Full House Reaction GIF
Gotcha. The post didn't make much sense at all considering it noted absolutely nothing of the sort. I mean the reason you specifically stated was because they won, that's it. Just seemed like an unusual overreaction to something free.

Either way, I couldn't care less who wins these things as they're massively unimportant. It does nothing to or for me.

Last edited:
It is a farce to have a GOTY be as buggy and still broken as FH5 is.

That being said, taking away the glitches and bugs reveals a game that is much more focused and much better then FH4 ever was, so it is deserved based on those merits.

Last edited:

It is a farce to have a GOTY be as buggy and still broken as FH5 is.
In 2010, Eurogamer's readers voted Skyrim to be game of the year. The game was crippled with bugs, including braking ones. It was worth GOTY despites of the bugs, indeed.

Again, I think that the GOTY award FH5 received from IGN is worth merit considering how good the game is when one removes the glitches and bugs that have run roughshod over the first month of the title's life.

The issue is...those bugs actively are a detriment to everyone else, and it seems like Playground, for every bug that they stomp out, another three show up in its place. I don't blame people for holding it against the game and the award it received.

But then again, Playground probably just paid off IGN like they did the E3 award it received, so /s

Again, I think that the GOTY award FH5 received from IGN is worth merit considering how good the game is when one removes the glitches and bugs that have run roughshod over the first month of the title's life.

The issue is...those bugs actively are a detriment to everyone else, and it seems like Playground, for every bug that they stomp out, another three show up in its place. I don't blame people for holding it against the game and the award it received.

But then again, Playground probably just paid off IGN like they did the E3 award it received, so /s
But it was 10/10. Are you suggesting it wasn't perfect?

Just had something odd happen in the trial. We won the first race, on the second race the scores suggested we had won too. But on the end screen it said the red team had actually won with the points score we should of had. But then it gave us the win after apparently only winning one race..:confused:

Just had something odd happen in the trial. We won the first race, on the second race the scores suggested we had won too. But on the end screen it said the red team had actually won with the points score we should of had. But then it gave us the win after apparently only winning one race..:confused:
Did you notice that anyone quit out of the session at the victory screen? If so, I'm guessing a player got passed by an AI car which flipped the score to the red team's advantage, then said player left before the race fully ended, which took those points the red team earned away since said player wasn't in the race anymore.

If not, then... I dunno, maybe you had Michael Masi officiating your race. :lol:

Did you notice that anyone quit out of the session at the victory screen? If so, I'm guessing a player got passed by an AI car which flipped the score to the red team's advantage, then said player left before the race fully ended, which took those points the red team earned away since said player wasn't in the race anymore.

If not, then... I dunno, maybe you had Michael Masi officiating your race. :lol:
Haha didn't think anyone left, all players were on the winning screen, must have been Masi :lol:

In 2010, Eurogamer's readers voted Skyrim to be game of the year. The game was crippled with bugs, including braking ones. It was worth GOTY despites of the bugs, indeed.
2011. Its still broken. Worst TES, nowhere near GOTY, IMO. Same with Horizon 5. Worst Horizon game, nowhere near GOTY. It takes two or Psyhonauts 2 should be GOTY these year, instead. Or Cyberpunk.

So I was weirdly given the VIP welcome FE cars, modified one and drove it around a couple days ago. Now today when I logged in it’s telling me I don’t own the DLC. I mean ya of course I don’t, I never did, but what the actual hell is going on here? So weird. I am a little bummed they took them away though, even if I truly didn’t buy them :lol:

2011. Its still broken. Worst TES, nowhere near GOTY, IMO. Same with Horizon 5. Worst Horizon game, nowhere near GOTY. It takes two or Psyhonauts 2 should be GOTY these year, instead. Or Cyberpunk.
Except Horizon 5 isn't the worst Horizon game. It just has the worst bugs. Or if it's the worst Horizon game and has the worst bugs as well, why are you playing it? You must be really torturing yourself.

Last edited:
"Horizon 5, nowhere near GOTY & worst Horizon because of bugs."

Nominates Cyberpunk as a GOTY candidate

It should be really obvious the GOTY award is being given to it based its initial reviews & player numbers. 10 million players & IGN gave it a 10/10. It seems like most of these current issues have cropped up afterwards & I've seen it proposed here before that many of these bugs are likely being discovered b/c of its gigantic base. But, personally, despite all these setbacks, the game still plays 90-95% fine for me (being on the last-gen seems to have paid off for once). I think the save bug has been the biggest setback, but PG did seem quick to get that sorted. Right now, I'm under the assumption most issues are accolades, rewards, points, etc. not properly registering for different reasons (again, last gen. maybe be paying off as all my stuff registers outside 1-2 universal playlist issues), though I still hope these should be easy to fix & can be compensated by gifts/points towards the playlist in the mean time.

I still don't know if I place this over FH3, but it's surprisingly #2 for me in the franchise; I've already bought the J50 & will buy the Monza as well & I'm a Game Pass player.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077?! No. That game was buggy and glitchy up the wazoo. Forza Horizon 5, apart from multiplayer and accolades, has a very functional singleplayer campaign.

See your in-game messages: We just gifted the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR to all FH5 users. It can be hard to tell which one it is in your garage because the My Cars menu just shows the standard livery until you get in the car and see our Ugly Sweater custom livery on it. To fix that all you need to do is to save any upgrade part to the car (even a differential should work), and then the menu will show the livery in the preview.
I got it this morning and I liked it. Do you know who designed it?

That snowman suit is creepy as ****. Like John Wayne Gacy creepy. :nervous:
I can't wait to get it.

GOTY awards are one level above participation trophies, pretty much everyone gets one so I really don’t understand why people always argue over them. :lol:

Did everyone forgot about certain individuals that played the full game one week before the Premium edition? And what did JDS said about FH5 back then? "Not only FH5 is the best Horizon game but the best Racing game of all times". That until someone took his #1 position in HoF.
Also I wonder which other racing game could rival Horizon 5 for best Racing game this year. And please don't tell me the Hot Wheels game is better.

Back