Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,973 comments
Well the championship to win the Aventador J didn't register my win ...

Édit :
After 3 attempts it finally works

Last edited:
Well the championship to win the Aventador J didn't register my win ...
Happened to me last week as well for the Ford Mustang championship.

For the rest, huuurah it’s Thursday again! That means a night of Trial frustration galore.

Trial is actually pretty easy this time around. Take whatever A class Audi sedan you have laying around and give the AI a good punterino when you can, because they generally suck at staying stable in rainy dirt races.

Just be aware that your pack of angry ferrets will be doing the same and probably not paying attention to who they're mobbing. Maybe download a livery so they can see you're not an AI, that usually helps.

I’m not really fast or anything, but I usually don’t have any trouble with the seasonal championships at all. I did the 57 bel-air one first, and that was pretty easy. I then did the cross country open to all championship, and had a heck of a time. There were 4 Hoonigan 57 bel-airs in it, each race, and they were hard as heck to keep up with. I don’t know if it’s because I did the bel-air event first, which was loaded with Hoonigan bel-airs or what. I finally beat it, but it wasn’t fun.

Trial is actually pretty easy this time around. Take whatever A class Audi sedan you have laying around and give the AI a good punterino when you can, because they generally suck at staying stable in rainy dirt races.

Just be aware that your pack of angry ferrets will be doing the same and probably not paying attention to who they're mobbing. Maybe download a livery so they can see you're not an AI, that usually helps.

Actually now that you mention it, I played MVP for two sessions in the trial last week in that people showing up were struggling to catch the leading AI, so I had opted to give up my 2nd place position to brakecheck the 3rd and 4th place to allow several teammates behind overtake with ease. That gave us a 600-point gain that we wouldn't have been able to achieve if I spent all 3 laps chasing the lead car.

Just sharing that to anyone who finds they're playing with teammates who are the the cause of you guys being down on points. I'd rather guarantee the W than have to repeatedly do the same event over and over again.

Last edited:
On this forzathon weekly challenge with the Trophy truck, 2 of the 4 challenges are the same. The 2nd and 4th ones objectives are both winning 2 cross country circuit events.

Actually now that you mention it, I played MVP for two sessions in the trial last week in that people showing up were struggling to catch the leading AI, so I had opted to give up my 2nd place position to brakecheck the 3rd and 4th place to allow several teammates behind overtake with ease. That gave us a 600-point gain that we wouldn't have been able to achieve if I spent all 3 laps chasing the lead car.

Just sharing that to anyone who finds they're playing with teammates who are the the cause of you guys being down on points. I'd rather guarantee the W than have to repeatedly do the same event over and over again.
Yep. The key thing to remember is that you only have to finish ahead of the red team, where you finish in relation to your teammates is completely irrelevant. If someone on your side is faster than you, just let 'em by and make sure any AI that might be following them doesn't slip past too. Being a good gatekeeper can make winning a Trial a simple task.

On this forzathon weekly challenge with the Trophy truck, 2 of the 4 challenges are the same. The 2nd and 4th ones objectives are both winning 2 cross country circuit events.
I'd rather take that over another "grind half a million skill points, because we need to drag this out for some reason". Doing races at least feels like tangible progress.

Yup - noted in the article for it:

Two of the events also give the prize of "Snowman Outfit", though one looks like the hat/head and the other the rest of it.

I ran today's Daily earlier and it looks like it's beating three different A Class rivals; three consecutive (clean) laps beating the same rival didn't do it.

FH5 needs more new Audis right? 😳

He's partnered with CSR now. Probably won't see new Hoonigan cars in FH5.

This one is built by Audi directly though, so theoretically if they wanted to do enough licensing loophole shenanigans they could get it in there... not that I expect them to given how much of a pain licensing certain other cars has been, but y'know.

I took my RX-7 Spirit A to Guanajuato to photograph it in front of the big Christmas Tree for the playlist challenge. I spent half an hour driving around town looking for it. It wasn't where it was last week. Just the regular statue where the tree had been. Finally I decided to take a photo of the car in front of the statue, and it registered. So the game knows that's where the tree is supposed to be. It just won't show it to me.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one who thinks they really overdid the dark to light transitions when exiting tunnels?

I thought this weeks trial was way easier then last weeks. The middle race I didn’t care for at all, I don’t like those races with all the wind and rain, storm sound FX because I have trouble hearing my engine and that’s what I go by to shift, I guess I can turn sound FX down.

I used the Volvo polestar, we won the first and last races. The last race I ended up 2nd and spent a lot of time blocking, there was some of the bad teams cars between me and 5 place, I was trying to help my team catch up. We still won, those ten points are a huge plus. Hopefully they also give us those 3 points a we got robbed on last season too, I’d like to get to the final season, and only have to do a couple of things to get the Lambo.

Last edited:

I did something similar last week in the trial after spinning out I waited for the pack to catch up next lap, then messed up several AI cars races in order to let team mates through and change the points balance to a win.

Yep. The key thing to remember is that you only have to finish ahead of the red team, where you finish in relation to your teammates is completely irrelevant. If someone on your side is faster than you, just let 'em by and make sure any AI that might be following them doesn't slip past too. Being a good gatekeeper can make winning a Trial a simple task.

I'd rather take that over another "grind half a million skill points, because we need to drag this out for some reason". Doing races at least feels like tangible progress.
All of you guys are legends
ZU9QbQtuI4Xcc.gif

Yesterday i managed to reach Prestige Level 2 one month after reaching the first one. I decided once again to celebrate this feat by spending all my wheelspins.

Since i don't want to flood this post with a bunch of embeded videos, i decided to create a single playlist containing all the videos showcasing it. Enjoy!

If anyone wonder, stealing flags in Seasonal PGG counts towards Dream Team. The first game in PGG happens to be a Flag Rush. I'm not saying you should quit the PGG after the first game to get those 5 steals quicker...
And I was surprised how good are the 2018 M4 and M5 for the Trial. Tried a few Audis and Mercs, but managed to win the second race only with the BMWs. Specially the M4 is a beast. Or is just the tune.

I took my RX-7 Spirit A to Guanajuato to photograph it in front of the big Christmas Tree for the playlist challenge. I spent half an hour driving around town looking for it. It wasn't where it was last week. Just the regular statue where the tree had been. Finally I decided to take a photo of the car in front of the statue, and it registered. So the game knows that's where the tree is supposed to be. It just won't show it to me.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one who thinks they really overdid the dark to light transitions when exiting tunnels?
I am highly annoyed by them as well. I can't tell you how many times I've hit the wall in Mulege coming out of the tunnel into a curve, which due to the dark to light transitions turns into a blind corner.

It is a bit funny how you can do the pyramid speed trap in the stock Audi and it will say "Incorrect car for seasonal objective" but a quick tune to S900 and it works. It takes more skill to do it in the stock car, but the event won't accept it.

Anyway, I had a good night last night, got the trial on the 2nd attempt, bagged the Koeniggsegg, and everything except the Forzathon and seasonal championships now golded. My Lambo isn't quite up to scratch for the Hypercars championship - what is everyone else using?

All of you guys are legends
View attachment 1099856
I did it both the right way and the wrong way this week. Had a squad of three on the team who were just battering their way through everyone and totally screwed up the second race for us. After it was just me and them for race three and one of them tried to punt me, I just destroyed him incessantly and blocked him so hard we lost the race completely; no way am I helping those dicks to the win.

Went again and one of our guys was struggling to hold 6th against two AI in the final race, so I dropped back from 3rd (AI in 1st, team-mate driving like crap in 2nd but in no danger) to help him block the AI and we won by that 100pt for keeping 6th.

Anyway, the Secret Santa bar is filling up a bit slowly, but it looks like it's 5% done to me. Should mean the "mystery car" (Peel P50) will pop in... February.

Considering it's part of the seasonal accolades, I wouldn't be surprised if they just relent and gift it out anyway even if the goal is nowhere near close to finished.
I can't think of a reasonable scenario where those collective rewards have a preset target to be reached. PG have no way to predict the time required since it depends of all players behavior and they doesn't have past data (even if they had some, why even bother). At best it is adaptative, and it may even just be fake, with a bar filling toward predefined dates.

Two of the events also give the prize of "Snowman Outfit", though one looks like the hat/head and the other the rest of it.
I didn't even noticed it when i listed them.
I don't know it it has been mentioned already, but this series #2 Spring has an event The Trial with the reward being a car already given to every player during the game intro...

It is a bit funny how you can do the pyramid speed trap in the stock Audi and it will say "Incorrect car for seasonal objective" but a quick tune to S900 and it works. It takes more skill to do it in the stock car, but the event won't accept it.
If you can play a challenge with a car from a lower class, it won't show a single value of PI but a range of values. I didn't see this past the first Series, though.
Regarding the required Audi RS 6 for the Speed Trap, since all S1 900 tunes cost around 100k, i shared a tuning made to only cost 17k for S1 802 which is enough to validate the challenge: 138 312 747

Yeah, I wish they'd change it to being a PI limit rather than an absolute class requirement. It's not the first time that the objectives have been possible in a standard car but mandated a higher class, although it may be the first time that no unmodified car was eligible at all. The other two this week are both possible without upgrades too - the danger sign is trivial, whereas the only eligible car for the speed zone can just barely scrape through.

Not used too seeing grey snowmen and thats the colour the head and suit are and the gingerbread mans white bits are grey also.

Except the Cossie V2 wasn't in any previous Forza.

The fact that some of their cars were spotted with CSR2 logos IRL before FH5 launched certainly muddies the waters with regard to what the licensing and sponsorship agreements are...

Back