Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,974 comments
(after angrily mashing rewind about 40 times to figure out the exact speed and angle needed to actually hit it and not the pylon, shut up don't judge me)
Only forty times? You're lucky. The worst for me was when I actually hit the target and then my finger pressed rewind by mistake due to muscle memory and wiped it out. 😭

When I see Cyberpunk on sale for less than $20 and start thinking that maybe I'll finally pick up a copy, my 24 year old son (who has played it) says, "No dad - don't. Don't do it. Not even at THAT price...", it makes me pause.
Game of the year!!! :lol: (On /r/lowsodiumcyberpunk maybe)

xVEfgJ3.jpg

No time to say hi, just took a pic for this week's challenge and rotary'd away.
Man, my tree photo was crap and yours is a masterpiece. It's not fair. :D

Last edited:
HW Unleashed sure isn’t trying to be a realistic driving game/simulator and if the game isn’t your thing that’s fine. But I think it does a tremendous job at taking what already exists in the plastic toy world and enhancing it to exist in the digital world. If you see what PlayGround games did with HotWheels in FH3 (which was already an exceptionally great expansion), Milestone took it to a whole new level with HW Unleashed IMO. If you look at the task ahead for the developers and the game that it has finally become, I would say this is easily a 9/10 for the way it’s implemented, if not more.

In regards to post launch content, yeah we are absolutely spoiled with Forza but HW isn’t the worse out there. That “battle pass” is quite an easy/cheap one. The Crew 2 is already more aggressive on luring your money out of your wallet. And if you step outside the racing game genre and end up with games like CoD, Overwatch, Battlefield, Halo Infinite or even modern Ubisoft games like Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed such... those are games are far worse than what HW Unleashed does.
I know. If you enjoy HWU that is fine. Maybe I should put it in a different way. Let's say you never played with HW cars as a kid like me and never heard about Forza (some PS guy, maybe). You started both games and play them for a few hours (I guess that is what those who voted did). Would you honestly think that HWU is better than FH5?
In the end I really don't care which game gets the GOTY title. As long as it don't affect game support.

I know. If you enjoy HWU that is fine. Maybe I should put it in a different way. Let's say you never played with HW cars as a kid like me and never heard about Forza (some PS guy, maybe). You started both games and play them for a few hours (I guess that is what those who voted did). Would you honestly think that HWU is better than FH5?
In the end I really don't care which game gets the GOTY title. As long as it don't affect game support.
For the record I never played with HW as a kid either. 😄 I don’t think it even existed in Europe. I had a few Matchbox but that was it. I was more into LEGO. ☺️

For the record I never played with HW as a kid either. 😄 I don’t think it even existed in Europe. I had a few Matchbox but that was it. I was more into LEGO. ☺️
Same for me. We played mostly with Majorette and Matchbox. Later with Burago. I guess we all had tons of Lego bricks too at some point. Oh and Playmobiles.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I remember playing with Hot Wheels as a kid in the 70s in England. It might have been this Matchbox-branded track-a-like though as I remember the loop-de-loop sections being yellow and not orange.

Track600-2-1_ml.jpg

After hearing the same few songs five or so times in a row when farming for skill points at the solar panel farm today I finally decided to make use of my Spotify subscription and downloaded the app to play in the background. Although I missed the seasonal banter from the DJs, on the whole it worked pretty well.

I definitely wouldn't recommend switching the radio off while using the app. If you turn radio volume down to zero in the settings instead, you can still reap the points benefits of skill songs on the station of your choice (I recommend Radio Eterna as theirs are usually longer), even though you can't hear them.

Last edited:
When creating EventLab stuff can you start, edit, save, go away, and come back later to edit the same event again? I've got an idea for something a bit convoluted but I don't want to start it if I need to sit there for eight hours doing it.
Not really. You can't go in and re-edit a route after it's been saved, but you can leave it unpublished and change the general parameters like weather, time of day and such.

They did say in an early community update (the one before the first hotfix, I think it was) that they were working on implementing the ability to save an unfinished route and be able to come back and work on it later, as they realized most people don't want to try and complete a really elaborate event all in one go.

Not really. You can't go in and re-edit a route after it's been saved, but you can leave it unpublished and change the general parameters like weather, time of day and such.

They did say in an early community update (the one before the first hotfix, I think it was) that they were working on implementing the ability to save an unfinished route and be able to come back and work on it later, as they realized most people don't want to try and complete a really elaborate event all in one go.
So you can't, say, create the route itself and then, at a later time, plonk all the objects down you want? It has to be route/checkpoints/stuff all in one go (between Test Drives)?

The car roster of The Eliminator is complete and utter garbage and MUST be remade from scratch.

This is a game mode where cross country roaming and racing alongside enviroment knowledge plays a huge role on your path to The Eliminati. As a result, cross country cars (fitted with all-wheel drive and offroad tires, obviously) are strongly favoured.

Unfortunately, most of the roster are unsuited for cross country racing, and some of those which are in fact suited for have a huge Achilles' Heel called "rear-wheel drivetrain".

Suggestion: with the exception of the VW Beetle, the devs should only include the following car types: Offroad; Unlimited Offroad; Pickups & 4x4s and Sport Utility Heroes. Then make sure every single one of them have all-wheel drive, offroad tires and properly-tuned suspension for cross country.

Last edited:
Suggestion: with the exception of the VW Beetle, the devs should only include the following car types: Offroad; Unlimited Offroad; Pickups & 4x4s and Sport Utility Heroes. Then make sure every single one of them have all-wheel drive, offroad tires and properly-tuned suspension for cross country.
I agree it is a bit uneven, but my criticisms would be more that the levels don't properly represent how good the cars are for the task at hand and I agree a lot of cars simply aren't up to scratch leaving a few sought after halo cars.

Surely if everything was limited to the off road spec you listed you would miss combos and gameplay possibilities (like fast poor handling cars) that would allow for example more skilled players in worse cars a chance against someone who got lucky on a car drop?

For me, I mostly enjoy hiding rather than racing as it's the only game mode where I can try and use the elevation, and scenery combined with the cars colour to try and get into the final showdown without ever being challenged. I wonder if they could do anything to play to that side of things more (items that cloak you for 20 seconds, smoke bombs, and new things to avoid like hunter drones that shout your location to players).

So you can't, say, create the route itself and then, at a later time, plonk all the objects down you want? It has to be route/checkpoints/stuff all in one go (between Test Drives)?
As far as I know. If you save the route it's considered "finished" and can't be edited, not unless they changed how it works with the last patch and I didn't see the mention of it.

Well, I was building the Bel Air for this week's championship and noticed a minor glitch.
For some reason, this car has a low rider style antenna mounted on the rear fender when certain hoods are installed.
If I remember correctly, this antenna was a part that was installed along with the rear fender spats when they were installed in past Forza.

I already know from this thread that a similarly strange "hidden part" is on the Renault 4L.
Could it be that many other cars have these strange visual parts glitches as well?

The forzathon weekly challenge I completed the other day, went on tonight and I was back at stage 2, goes and finishes yet got no points as obviously was rewarded them last time doh.

Last edited:
Talking about the routecreator. I have made some nice routes, but when racing them many times towards the end that cinematic feature new to FH5 enables it its self way too early and therefore I can't judge my corners and speed etc. This is just an annoying thing.

Is there a way to disable this feature for the custom events? I understand that it can add something in the regular races with good implementation but the implementation in custom events is not correct.

As far as I know. If you save the route it's considered "finished" and can't be edited, not unless they changed how it works with the last patch and I didn't see the mention of it.
:grumpy:

Also, and I might be having a brainfart here, cars.

Doing a quick survey to update our Guide, I was wondering what cars are paid only.

I thought it was Car Pass cars, but then I discovered that Car Pass cars are in fact not exclusive to people who buy the Car Pass; they just come for free in the Car Pass (and you need to redeem them) rather than costing you any in-game credits.

Almost everything else in the "Car Pack" looks like it's also available for purchase in the Autoshow too; all I can come up with is the Welcome Pack and VIP cars. I guess anything arriving in expansions too?

All the "Exclusive" cars in the Playlist look like they will only ever be available in the seasonal Playlist events (or prizes for points picked up), and Forzathon Shop - never Wheelspins or anything else - which I'm assuming is the same as it was in FH4 (I only played that really for the last few months; MS sent a code over for Super7).

I thought it was Car Pass cars, but then I discovered that Car Pass cars are in fact not exclusive to people who buy the Car Pass; they just come for free in the Car Pass (and you need to redeem them) rather than costing you any in-game credits.
Rest assured that if this bug is true they will patch it. Why would anyone bought the Car Pass if this was true. Can you imagine the outrage.

Rest assured that if this bug is true they will patch it. Why would anyone bought the Car Pass if this was true. Can you imagine the outrage.
Oh. Maybe if that's the intention then they only appear to me as purchaseable as well as for free initially?

Oh. Maybe if that's the intention then they only appear to me as purchaseable as well as for free initially?
I tried to find anything on the official forum, but there are just too many threads and the search function doesn't really help. I found only a post about getting the Ford De Luxe FE without the controller, but not being able to drive it. Maybe it's a PC bug? I doubt anyone on console can drive DLC cars without DLC. But then again I have no idea since I'm a Premium.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a PC bug? I doubt anyone on console can get DLC cars without DLC.
I'm on XSX, and MS sent over an FH5 code for review that contained everything.

I'd guess that because I have them, I can also see them to buy them after I redeem the free ones - rather than them being free only and if you delete/sell/gift/whatever you can't get them back - and players without the Car Pass can't see them in Autoshow at all.

That does lead me onto wondering about the Formula Drift pack. They can't all be hidden from players who haven't got the pack, surely? Half of them have specific Accolades.

and players without the Car Pass can't see them in Autoshow at all.

That does lead me onto wondering about the Formula Drift pack. They can't all be hidden from players who haven't got the pack, surely? Half of them have specific Accolades.
If you haven't purchased the content it still appears in the Autoshow but with a little icon indicating it's a DLC car and if you select it you get a prompt asking if you want to go to the marketplace to buy it.

At least that's how it worked in prior games, I'm guessing it's similar in FH5.

If you haven't purchased the content it still appears in the Autoshow but with a little icon indicating it's a DLC car and if you select it you get a prompt asking if you want to go to the marketplace to buy it.

At least that's how it worked in prior games, I'm guessing it's similar in FH5.
I'll flag them on the main list as DLC then. Formula Drift cars too? Eight of 14 are in a specific pack.

I'll flag them on the main list as DLC then. Formula Drift cars too? Eight of 14 are in a specific pack.
Correct, the 8 FD cars that are in the pack will show up in the autoshow, but not purchasable unless you have the pack.
The car pass cars will show up as purchasable too. The first time is always free and then you can buy them again for credits.

For this absolutely BEYOND stupid daily eliminator level 7 car, does it have to be level 7 precisely or can it be higher too?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Reliant Supervan is the new OP Plz Nerf meta car for B-Class road & street sprint races. Here's the catch: it's the hardest car to drive in the game.

This spreadsheet in his video description looks like it may come in useful. Good old German efficiency. Sorry to everyone for whom this is old, old news:

Last edited:
Mmm... kay.

"Horizon Promo" (where it logs what cars you've photographed) includes a bunch of traffic cars you can't actually photograph (as in you can, but it doesn't count them as cars you can photograph and they don't get ticked off).

What gives with that?

Edti: Grrrrrrrr, EventLab badly needs a tutorial. I did a challenge from someone where there were two different timers - one to halfway (and an activity area) and one after that to the finish - giving me an idea for an event involving a variable timer.

Can't find anywhere you can add/subtract time, and after digging through a list of Global Variables and Player Variables numbering up to 64, I gave up. Giving people tools to make amazing things is of no use to the majority without even basic instructions.

Last edited:
Since we are encouraged to gift thousands of cars and hope we would get the secret P50 eventually, I decided to gift all the cars bought in the Auction House and buy new ones from the Autoshow. The last car I was missing came today with a wheelspin.
FHHMf05XsAQfKrl

So I'm pretty sure now that the spins are not RNG but scripted in a way to give cars that you're still missing. Don't worry about grinding for money. The most expensive cars will come through wheelspins.

Last edited:
Welp, I'm halfway to the SVJ, so I'm done for the week. Went for the Trial, but those 10pts aren't worth tonight's hassle. Very last attempt, we built a good lead first race. Second race, not so much. Third race, can't catch the 1st two cars, so decide to back up the AI and let everyone catch up.

And this idiot charges into the 2nd last corner pinning me and another guy, which results in the AI making up positions needed put all 3 of us at the back. Christ man, the "Compete as a team" of this challenge is apparently lost on complete chuckle ****s.

It hurts when it happens. Was in race two, blocking 3 AI somehow for an entire lap. The two guys needed for the win had one job only. But they both smashed me badly and we lost.🤣
I still like this week Trial.

Did anyone have luck resetting their profile but keeping (at least most) their cars? I have plenty of hours logged in this game with most of the road races completed, figured finally unlocking the PR festival wouldn't hurt. Now the entire map is littered with these intrusive drift and speed zones with no option to turn them off, ruining the cruising/freeroam aspect of the game completely. I'd rather restart the career progress than play like this but losing all the cars I've collected would hurt.

One workaround I've thought about was putting as many cars I can on the AH before resetting the profile, then cancelling and reclaiming these but appearently they fixed this exploit after FH3 because people kept farming cash by reclaiming DLC cars after each reset. Not sure how that's still the case in FH5.

Last edited:
Back