Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,974 comments
For this absolutely BEYOND stupid daily eliminator level 7 car, does it have to be level 7 precisely or can it be higher too?
Someone on the official said they got it after obtaining a lv9 car. But I can't confirm that.

I hope he doesn’t mind me pointing this out, but our good friend @strela is 25th WORLDWIDE out of 13,000,000+ players on the Hall of Fame leaderboard.
CE79131F-4EB4-4550-908C-30DC776C0FD1.png

9E9CA864-24DA-41D5-AF51-E61013A780C6.gif

Since we are encouraged to gift thousands of cars and hope we would get the secret P50 eventually, I decided to gift all the cars bought in the Auction House and buy new ones from the Autoshow. The last car I was missing came today with a wheelspin.
FHHMf05XsAQfKrl

So I'm pretty sure now that the spins are not RNG but scripted in a way to give cars that you're still missing. Don't worry about grinding for money. The most expensive cars will come through wheelspins.
Maybe it is, but I've still gotten duplicates through wheelspins so you could have just gotten some really good karma.

Maybe it is, but I've still gotten duplicates through wheelspins so you could have just gotten some really good karma.
I'm getting a lot of duplicates too. But eventually missing cars will came through wheelspins. I got more than 350 missing cars from wheelspins.

@Populuxe I appreciate the shout out, I really do. But I'm not particularly proud of it since all of players in the top 200 have higher points due to duplicate points. If it was intentional or not doesn't really matter. And I doubt they are going to fix it unfortunately.
Not to mention all the downloads/likes/uses I got from a simple black design.. I'm still in disbelief.

But that 13mil is really impressive. If this goes on FH5 could beat GT3 sales numbers. Even NFS MW 2005 with 16mil isn't so far away.

But that 13mil is really impressive. If this goes on FH5 could beat GT3 sales numbers. Even NFS MW 2005 with 16mil isn't so far away.
Players/=sales. Still impressive.

Current leader is Mario Kart 8 with 35(38?)mil, afaik.

Players/=sales. Still impressive.

Current leader is Mario Kart 8 with 35(38?)mil, afaik.
Well we can't get GT3 player numbers and we can't know how many picked Game Pass, like me, for FH5 alone. So those numbers are the only way to compare the most successful games from those three franchise.

idk, I'd be buying a lot more games if people offered them for $1 at launch.
Idk, I'd be buying a lot more games if people offered them for $20 at launch too.
It's not a fair comparison to begin with. GT3 was a PS2 exclusive while FH5 came on multiple platforms. And NFS MW even more.

So a couple of weeks ago I completed all of the roads. I knew some of the small country roads can be a trouble so I made sure that every time I drove one I completed it. I also tried to remember some small ones if I wasn't able to do them at the time. Luckily, in the end this little strategy paid off as I didn't have to pixel peep the whole map for that last piece of the road.

Then I spend the whole evening trying to finally score 1m at the volcano drift zone, which I did! I guess I can reach 1,100,000 points there but 1,200,000 is probably out of my reach. This also happened before the update to the drifting score system so who knows, it might be even harder now.

When boring seasonal rewards (santa and gingerbread outfits, cars that were in the previous game) got announced I got really disappointed. With all the ongoing technical issues I decided to delete the game thinking that the next time I'll launch it will be no sooner than a few months later when most of the issues are fixed. Fast forward a few days, and after trying to play my beloved Driveclub and then GTS and Dirt Rally 2 I decided that I'd rather switch back to Horizon. With my slow internet I've waited almost a whole day to download it and then had probably the best Horizon sessions so far on Friday and Saturday.

So in a couple of days I was able to:
  • Get three stars for all danger signs, speed traps, speed zones, drift zones and trailblazers
  • Get my first real victory in Eliminator (my first one was with this weird bug when I didn't see a single other person, so although it counted in game, I didn't consider it a real victory)
  • Receive Lamborghini Sesto in the wheelspin
  • win the weekly trial at the first try! I guess I got lucky with the team because we destroyed AIs in the first race and got a confident win in the second
  • Made some screenshots I really like
I also found a new way to enjoy the game and that is with the first person camera. Most races agains the AI at Highly Skilled are pretty balanced that way. And the sounds from the cockpit are just amazing. I started to turn radio off more often just to enjoy the sounds more.

Since I skipped most of the first season I have only 18 points there and my total is 85 points, so if I don't get bored with weekly events I should be able to get 200 points for the Lambo. Still would have preferred 180 points to be honest.

What I still don't enjoy is that how each new season turns into an upgrade fest. I need to upgrade a car for playground, I NEED to upgrade my car for the trial, and I need to do the same for danger signs/speed zones even when the car can get the objective in stock configuration. Most of the time I also need to make the same for the Forzathon weekly challenge. Since I'd like to keep most of my cars stock I have to go back to the festival after the challenges and detune every vehicle. If there was an icon to see which car is tuned and which car is stock in the garage maybe I wouldn't do it.

The little rant is over, so here are some obligatory screenshots:
IHIKwXh.jpg

xgpqCLF.png

Someone on the official said they got it after obtaining a lv9 car. But I can't confirm that.
Played several hours of eliminator yesterday and the only car I saw was a level 9…. while I was already in a duel. Today I logged on, spawned NE from the stadium (which seemed the most solid place for me) and bam, after 20 seconds got a L7 Bronco near the stadium. So I don’t know either if higher cars work.

Currently doing the other stupid event, the one to deny 5 flags in team flag rush:
  • solo games: instant leave
  • team games where flag rush has passed: instant leave

3 out of 5 flags from one game so far (with some lucky ones), maybe I got it done in the next 1 or maybe 2 games.

I really hope PG tones down the annoying dailies and weeklies. Playground games (and eliminator too for that matter) is a niche IMO, it should appear only rarely in the dailies or weeklies. And if it does, it should be softly. How about denying 1 flag in solo or team flag rush instead of 5 only in team flag rush?

Last edited:
This is probably a stupid question, but I haven’t done a lot of playground games. Is there away to select between “team” playground games or “solo”? I want team for the reward and keep getting solo events.

What the hecks a level 7 car< cant they say class A B Etc
The cars in the Eliminator are levels 1-10 - classes aren't included.

Everyone starts in a level 1 car (the Beetle). You upgrade by finding car drops at a higher level, or by beating people in head-to-head races, in which case you can either take their car (at whatever level) or upgrade to one level above your current car. Each car drop has a car name and level above it, so you know what level you're getting - and when you beat someone you are given the choice of their car or an upgrade with the level of each clearly displayed.

A level 7 car is, thus, a car that is level 7. And I also don't know if higher level cars count because I went 1-5-6-7 in my first game...

This is probably a stupid question, but I haven’t done a lot of playground games. Is there away to select between “team” playground games or “solo”? I want team for the reward and keep getting solo events.
There's no "solo" Playground Games; the games are all co-op team vs. team.

If you want to get the Playlist reward, select Playground Games directly from the Playlist - it'll enter you for the next round and you'll have a little time to get a car ready. The Daily Challenge reward for denying flags can be done in either the Playlist games or the ones in Horizon Open.

Last edited:
Seasonal Playground Games are always team vs team. But if you do PGG in Open you will have a solo event followed by team event. Or vice versa.
@breyzipp just do seasonal PGG. Flag Rush is the first game.
I've literally never encountered a "solo" PG event, and I must have done about 30 through Horizon Open. I can't even conceive of how that would work. But I'm going to go find out now because I'm creating an FH5 quiz for GTP's festive period :lol:

Oh, to get your five flags, go camp the enemy flag. You'll be hated for it, but... that's life. I don't know if it has to be in the same game, because I got 11 in one game - five doing it properly and the other six after chasing one of them back to their flag and being a tosser - but at least if you do it that way you'll be sure of it.

Last edited:
I can't even conceive of how that would work.
It's very different mode from team. King will have two crowns that others need to steal. Cars don't get slowed down. Infection start with one Zombie that turn others into Zombies. Last man win. In Flag Rush two flags spawn in random locations and so do the drop points after you pick the flag.

Ok I’ll have to do the seasonal playground games one tonight after work. I kept picking the playground games under online menu, and I kept giving me the “solo” version. Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I didn’t mean me against Computer players, it’s other people just not in a team format and I need the team flag rush for the one seasonal award.

Last edited:
Oh, to get your five flags, go camp the enemy flag. You'll be hated for it, but... that's life. I don't know if it has to be in the same game, because I got 11 in one game - five doing it properly and the other six after chasing one of them back to their flag and being a tosser - but at least if you do it that way you'll be sure of it.
Playing it straight, it took me five rounds of Flag Rush to get my five steals. 2, 1, 0, 1, 1. Admittedly it wasn’t my finest performance. But at the least I’m proof you don’t have to get all five in one game.
It's very different mode from team. King will have two crowns that others need to steal. Cars don't get slowed down. Infection start with one Zombie that turn others into Zombies. Last man win. In Flag Rush two flags spawn in random locations and so do the drop points after you pick the flag.
I played solo for the first time just for the Playlist challenge and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. I even gave myself up to the first zombie player in infected so I could chase others down. I like Flag Rush in solo, too. No one camps on the flags because if you don’t already have a flag, then every flag is your color.

Last edited:
Playing it straight, it took me five rounds of Flag Rush to get my five steals. 2, 1, 0, 1, 1. Admittedly it wasn’t my finest performance. But at the least I’m proof you don’t have to get all five in one game.
I honestly have no idea what happened. My team was useless (one guy was parked, ghosted, and didn't even move quickly enough to unghost half the time; I eventually rammed him halfway across the map), but their team just kept coming right at me.

I mean, they DID score 14 in the end, but I was able to knock five of them out by actually defending the zone before they'd even scored two. Never had a game like it.

Seasonal Playground Games are always team vs team. But if you do PGG in Open you will have a solo event followed by team event. Or vice versa.
@breyzipp just do seasonal PGG. Flag Rush is the first game.
Yeah it’s done but I did it via Open to get a 5vs5 or more going. When I start PG via the Festival playlist, I always seem to end up with either 1vs1, 1vs2 or most of the time it doesnt even find enough players (which clearly is a bug since Open does work). That first game I got 3 flags at the Baja circuit in S2 class. Another game in B class at Ek Balam (I think) I got another 3 flags denied. That one was easy because the other team was so silly to even come via the center wooden bridge straight into a pool of water just before our flag. Anyway after a frustrating yesterday evening wasted on hours of eliminators, finally today I finished these buggers off. Tomorrow is easy (something with wreckage) and then I’m 100% for this week.

This game can be so darn annoying and frustrating when you want to 100% a festival season. First there are the bugs that already ruined both series 1 (bugged stories and expeditions) and series 2 (bugged treasure hunt). Then there are the frustrating requirements like the eliminator level 7 car and 5 team flag denials. And then there is the trial event that is every week fingers crossed and hope for the best that you got a somewhat decent team. And Horizon Arcade, well we can complete it now (read: just solo the damn thing) but this is a really far cry from FH4’s Horizon Live.

On the flip side, there are really fun things as well. Horizon Tour is BY FAR my most favourite weekly event. It’s chill, relaxing and just having fun. Drive whatever car you like, stock or tuned, meta or crappy car, it all doesn’t matter and it’s just fun. I like the Seasonal championships as well, I like the treasure hunt (when it works), I like the photo “challenge“, the monthly rivals, heck even playground games if I just need to do 1 event and I can find a team fast.

I do not like the seasonal PR stunts. Not that they are difficult, but the following procedure is so time consuming and boring:
1) look up what the challenge is and what car you need
2) teleport to the festival garage
3) filter your cars to see what the eligible cars are
4) pick a car
5) download a the weekly seasonal tune for that car
6) exit the garage
7) teleport to the PR location
8) do the PR thing (usually first try is fine)
9) teleport back to the garage
10) remove the tune you just downloaded (since I prefer to drive bare bone stock cars)

repeat the above steps 3 times. What a snore fest…

This is how it worked in FH4:
1) Try to do all seasonal PR stunts with my dirt/off-road tuned BMW FE M6
2) If that doesn’t work grab a stock Agera RS for whatever is left

Overall they rocked it in FH4, better AI and overall better festival playlist experience. In FH5 it’s all over the place from really fun to downright frustrating.

I initially liked the idea of more tailored seasonal PR stunts in FH5 but in the end it’s just more teleporting back and forth to the garage, switching cars and downloading tunes. And that’s just not fun.

The Reliant Supervan is the new OP Plz Nerf meta car for B-Class road & street sprint races. Here's the catch: it's the hardest car to drive in the game.

I noted he mentioned it is using throttle to compensate for the lack of front-end grip. I'm wondering what things you would focus on when tuning a RWD to do that.

2) teleport to the festival garage
9) teleport back to the garage
Why do you teleport to garage? You can download, install or remove tunes from the pause menu. Unless you are talking about making tunes yourself.
And I agree. The fun of having to use a specific car is ruined by class requirements. If I can do 100mph in a stock car, let me do that. Nope, you need to upgrade it first.
Hi , Anyone tips for the ideal car and tyres for the trial, do well in the 1st race but last 2 I'm left for dead.
Don't use semi slick tires if you struggle already. The car is not as important as the tune. Try to use tunes with rally or race off-road tires. The second race is the most difficult, so don't be upset if your team loses it. I'm not saying you should, but in the last race you can wall-ride most of the corners.

Hi , Anyone tips for the ideal car and tyres for the trial, do well in the 1st race but last 2 I'm left for dead.
A Porsche Taycan with offroad race tyres and suspension drops from S1 class to A, but has way more offroad grip than when it was stock. It's like a rocket off the line to get past most of the AI straight away, then has AWD and the best tyres for the corners. The only downside to it is a relatively low top speed, but it's high enough that you'll never hit it on the tracks in the Trial this week. I never saw another car after the second or third corner of each race, it's that much faster than even the AI.

I did that in a stock 2018 BMW M5, it has AWD as well and seemed to be better than 2 stock Audi’s I tried (*pssst don‘t tell any Audi fans)

Back