Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,973 comments
Just lightly mucking around with Rivals stuff for the BILLION Accolades in that section and I made a mild discovery.

I decided to go with a D Class car for two of the huge circuits - slower, therefore more control, therefore less chance of an invalidated lap after 10 miles - and naturally beat the two ghosts I raced against. However "D Class Pro" - for beating two ghosts in Rivals in D Class - did not unlock.

So I went back to the shortest track I could find (one near the Baja Circuit/the house over there) and beat the first D Class rival. No unlock. I then beat one rival, then another in the same session, and it unlocked. No problem, the Accolade is "beat two ghosts in the same Rivals session in D Class", I guess.

Now here's the really weird bit. I'd backed out of the session and gone back in, then beat another Rival, and it clicked over to 3/5 for D Class Veteran (beat 5 D Class Rivals) despite being a different session.

There's no GTPer close enough to my plausible best in the D500 Raptor I was mucking about it, so I couldn't beat another Rival without swapping cars, but I couldn't be bothered doing the same event again and went over to the other circuit nearby to set a time there. You guessed it, beat the first ghost and it went to 4/5.

I'd been curious about this because I've obviously done the Rivals events in S1 and S2 and it wasn't showing any progress. It looks like you need to beat two in the same session to get it started (and get Pro) then you can beat any three others anywhere to finish off (and get Veteran).

Personally, I found that just going round and round on the same circuit without changing cars or ghosts actually triggers it without issue, as long as you set laps faster than the ghost.
I did that back in S1 with the Mercedes-AMG ONE. Must have beaten the same ghost about eight times with valid, clean laps. No Accolade(s).

Only thing I can think of there is that Monthly Rivals doesn't count, which would be... belmtastic, but not unexpected.

Last edited:
Personally, I found that just going round and round on the same circuit without changing cars or ghosts actually triggers it without issue, as long as you set laps faster than the ghost.
That's how it worked for me. I selected the rivals option instead of starting a race, though, so not monthly Rivals.

Last edited:
That's how it worked for me. I selected the rivals option instead of starting a race, though, so not monthly Rivals.
Same here. It seems that if you're trying for accolades in any particular game mode, you have to make sure to select said game mode directly or from the pause menu, instead of initiating it from the playlist.

With the rivals I also found the number of #class unlocked with circuit laps more than point to point. One other oddity. I beat one rival via a slower clean lap, but it didn't unlock, but posted a better time (still clean) on the next lap and had it unlock.

I still haven't gotten the treasure to work nor the smashing things in a Mazda to show progress.

But when I logged on earlier I had a message to go to the Winter Wonderland. I did, ran into a large box, and received a message that a 2015 Mustang was added to the garage, so nice! I already had one so I checked to see if it had a special livery (no) and gift dropped it.

In other randomness, I wondered if you can drive off the side of the bridge. You can. It was a little anti-climatic and not like the dreams I used to have of driving off a bridge and contemplating the depth of my mistake on the way down.

I did that back in S1 with the Mercedes-AMG ONE. Must have beaten the same ghost about eight times with valid, clean laps. No Accolade(s).

Only thing I can think of there is that Monthly Rivals doesn't count, which would be... belmtastic, but not unexpected.
Yes, sorry I should have made it clear that it was running Rivals directly from the event rather than the playlist.

That Mazda smashing accolade is a pain, but i've found two things to help.
Firstly, they don't get counted if you don't hit the cane/tree/snowman directly, which is an enormous pain for the Christmas trees as they're encircled by presents and if you hit one of the presents into the tree it doesn't trigger. So you'll have to find an angle where you can get a corner of your car in between presents to punt the tree, and then you can abuse point number two: the smashables get reset if you rewind in Solo mode. This is especially useful for the snowmen aswell, as on the volcano only one out of five I tried actually ended up triggering so I just smashed it, rewound, smash, rewound twenty-five times. I'm sure this is what PG had in mind with fun, challenging accolades!

One thing to consider (because there's an Achievement related to Rivals) is that if you challenge a "dirty" time and beat it by setting a "clean" lap, you still need to beat the actual time that was set.

I don't know if that was the case with your attempts, but I figured I'd flag it.

Also apparently the Achievements/Accolades only work on Road Circuits at the moment.

On a related note if anyone needs ghosts to chase (or a million notifications in their Rivals inbox :D ) my tag is PJTierney. Rivals is the only "ranked" mode in the entire game so I tend to be in there a lot these days.

Last edited:
Is there a solution yet for that trailblazer treasure hunt if you already 3-starred all trailblazers long time ago?
No.

I have seen some examples of someone unlocking it from a three-starred TB, by beating their own PB (they used Canyon Run), but I've just gone and beaten every single one of mine and... nothing.

It's not working if you haven't done any TB either. I thought it got to do with all TB already done, but that is not the case. On Xbone at least.

Am I the only one who does not care too much about accolades? Prefer chocolade with my coffee ;)
Aside from 100%ing the rivals accolades, which I did only because I figured it's a category the majority of players wouldn't bother completing, accolades are mostly a matter of convenience. They'll come when they come, no need to burn myself out with a chore checklist.

Anyone else find it hilarious when you enter the Goliath with an X class car you sometimes see the Hoonigan Tri Five Gasser entered along with you? Watched some of the replay and it's absolutely comical watching a gasser pull those cornering speeds while pulling a wheelie out of some corners.😂

Last edited:
Even when parked inside the plaza it took me multiple attempts. Annoying for sure...
I did it but it was really finicky actually (well... haven't they all been so far?).

I had the Diablo parked just to the side of the Wonderland, and the camera across the street pointing north-west. In the end it triggered with the bandstand just out of shot to the left...

Edit: CBA to go through the hassle of getting a screenshot off the XSX, but this was pretty much it:

20211213_192541.jpg

... only with a Lamborghini :lol:

Wouldn't trigger with the bandstand in shot from the same camera position.

Last edited:
Shout out to the guy who figured out how the races circle in Horizon Tour. For example if you want to race D class, there's an event when the system time shows 56 minutes.

00. B 700 [ROAD] REASONABLY PRICED CARS
02. S1 900 [DIRT] ANYTHING GOES
04. B 700 [OFFROAD] ANYTHING GOES
06. A 800 [DIRT] LAND ROVER
08. A 800 [OFFROAD] UNLIMITED OFFROAD
10. A 800 [ROAD] ANYTHING GOES
12. B 700 [DIRT] CLASSIC RALLY
14. C 600 [OFFROAD] PICKUPS & 4x4'S
16. S1 900 [ROAD] CLASSIC RACERS
18. S1 900 [DIRT] HOONIGAN
20. A 800 [OFFROAD] HEAVY HITTERS
22. S1 900 [ROAD] MODERN MUSCLE
24. A 800 [DIRT] RULE BRITANNIA
26. S1 900 [OFFROAD] ANYTHING GOES
28. S1 900 [ROAD] UPGRADE HEROES
30 S1 900 [DIRT] ANYTHING GOES
32. C 600 [OFFROAD] PICKUPS & 4x4'S
34. A 800 [ROAD] SUPER SALOONS
36. B 700 [DIRT] EVO VS. IMPREZA
38. A 800 [OFFROAD] SPORTS UTILITY HEROES
40. S1 900 [ROAD] CLASSIC RACERS
42. A 800 [DIRT] UNLIMITED OFFROAD
44. S1 900 [OFFROAD] ANYTHING GOES
46. A 800 [ROAD] BMW
48 C 600 [DIRT] RETRO RALLY
50. C 600 [OFFROAD] PICKUPS & 4x4'S
52. S1 900 [ROAD] ANYTHING GOES
54. S1 900 [DIRT] CHEVROLET VS. DODGE
56. D 500 [OFFROAD] BUGGIES
58. A 800 [ROAD] ANYTHING GOES

It's not working if you haven't done any TB either. I thought it got to do with all TB already done, but that is not the case. On Xbone at least.
Same here. I have no idea how to trigger it. Never bothered with trailblazers except for one & on the One X.

Would like for them to fix it before the season changes; trying to cash in on as many points as I can early to offset any challenges I know I don't want to bother with.

Last edited:
Yeah I want as many points as possible , but I’m done messing with this treasure hunt. :crazy:

Edit: I did just get a notification through messages that they may be releasing an update tomorrow, hopefully that will fix it.

Last edited:
I realize the Treasure Chest challenge is messed up. One thing I wasn't clear on was whether the vehicle used had to be stock, or a modified vehicle was okay. I had thought that we needed to do 3 Trail Blazers, instead of acheiving three stars. At least, that was my interpretation of what Trilogy was implying. Hopefully they get this fixed. :rolleyes::rolleyes: But I'm beginning to sense a pattern here.

Even when parked inside the plaza it took me multiple attempts. Annoying for sure...
Ya took me a few tries too, I think if you fast travel there it won't work. If you fast travel somewhere else them drive there it should work though. It's annoying for sure but it worked for me.

Shout out to the guy who figured out how the races circle in Horizon Tour. For example if you want to race D class, there's an event when the system time shows 56 minutes.

00. B 700 [ROAD] REASONABLY PRICED CARS
02. S1 900 [DIRT] ANYTHING GOES
04. B 700 [OFFROAD] ANYTHING GOES
06. A 800 [DIRT] LAND ROVER
08. A 800 [OFFROAD] UNLIMITED OFFROAD
10. A 800 [ROAD] ANYTHING GOES
12. B 700 [DIRT] CLASSIC RALLY
14. C 600 [OFFROAD] PICKUPS & 4x4'S
16. S1 900 [ROAD] CLASSIC RACERS
18. S1 900 [DIRT] HOONIGAN
20. A 800 [OFFROAD] HEAVY HITTERS
22. S1 900 [ROAD] MODERN MUSCLE
24. A 800 [DIRT] RULE BRITANNIA
26. S1 900 [OFFROAD] ANYTHING GOES
28. S1 900 [ROAD] UPGRADE HEROES
30 S1 900 [DIRT] ANYTHING GOES
32. C 600 [OFFROAD] PICKUPS & 4x4'S
34. A 800 [ROAD] SUPER SALOONS
36. B 700 [DIRT] EVO VS. IMPREZA
38. A 800 [OFFROAD] SPORTS UTILITY HEROES
40. S1 900 [ROAD] CLASSIC RACERS
42. A 800 [DIRT] UNLIMITED OFFROAD
44. S1 900 [OFFROAD] ANYTHING GOES
46. A 800 [ROAD] BMW
48 C 600 [DIRT] RETRO RALLY
50. C 600 [OFFROAD] PICKUPS & 4x4'S
52. S1 900 [ROAD] ANYTHING GOES
54. S1 900 [DIRT] CHEVROLET VS. DODGE
56. D 500 [OFFROAD] BUGGIES
58. A 800 [ROAD] ANYTHING GOES
So the Left Column corresponds to the minute of the hour?

Why does my account keep loading in another accounts save, even when deleting them, and doing a resync of my data? doin ma nut in :) nvm restart soon sorted it, buggy xbox app for pc it seems.

Last edited:
Back