Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,975 comments
Tour isn't bugged for everyone, I haven't touched it and only show 4 points for Spring. I'm also concerned about not getting the SVJ at all since I missed the PR stunts last week due to visitors and I normally don't touch Horizon Tour.

Hopefully I can sneak out enough points for the win if I max out, or get most of the points for this season.

Also, is anyone else not getting double FT points despite owning the house? It's listed as fixed, but as seems to be par for the course this time around, it does not appear to be working correctly.

Papa Fernando would be proud.
FHtHgRoXIAcgEOM

What even is the deal with the Auction House?

I get that you can't set big numbers until you're a high-ranked painter... for some reason... but the numbers it comes up with are just nuts.

I can't sell anything anywhere near its actual Autoshow value, no matter how cheap it is... except for the M4 GTS, E63 AMG, and Ford GT (uhh... the old new one), which I can grossly over-value; it would let me set a buyout of 1.1m for the M4, which is worth 135,000cr.

I get that you can't set big numbers until you're a high-ranked painter... for some reason... but the numbers it comes up with are just nuts.

I can't sell anything anywhere near its actual Autoshow value, no matter how cheap it is... except for the M4 GTS, E63 AMG, and Ford GT (uhh... the old new one), which I can grossly over-value; it would let me set a buyout of 1.1m for the M4, which is worth 135,000cr.
I noticed that last night could over value some and sell 30 mill car for peanuts , not right, rubbish at painting , doesn't make it fair

It follows the demand/supply rules. Cars that aren't available in Autoshow will most likely get a higher demand rising the price. If the car is specially rare and players don't sell them will soon reach millions. Like the SVJ that had a buyout price of 400k when the first ones showed in the AH and is now going for 20 mill. Come Thursday it will drop... like a lot.

The SVJ something only PC players are finding or something? I've been checking every day, still haven't seen one show up. I'd be willing to part $20M if the prices don't drop just for a 2nd (or 1st if I don't end up getting 200 pts). :lol:

I love selling the Diablo GTR at the auction house right now.

It's easy for me to get 1M credits each time i host them for one hour. Managed to sell three of them at buyout price from December 25 until today. You just need enough skill points to obtain one from Diablo SV's mastery tree.

For farming skill points, i use the Sesto FE with a fully unlocked mastery tree to hit the Mexican Freeway, then proceeding to near-miss Drivatars and AI traffic at full speed to quickly get those sweet skill chains and bank them by quickly entering/exiting an event.

Last edited:
The SVJ something only PC players are finding or something? I've been checking every day, still haven't seen one show up. I'd be willing to part $20M if the prices don't drop just for a 2nd (or 1st if I don't end up getting 200 pts). :lol:
You can find it, but it's still rare. Had to refresh for 10 minutes sometimes just for one to show up. Than I still needed to actually get one since they're gone in seconds. I advise anyone to wait for Friday or weekend. It's not really that special compared to an ordinary one. Certainly not a 20 mil car. Already sold mine after driving it for 30 minutes.
I'm glad they put it in the game since it was the most requested but prefer the J version.

... well, I smashed into two bicycles thirteen times outside Guanajuato cathedral. Then I found a motorbike and totalled it twenty-five times. But I still couldn't trigger the Parking Ticket #Forzathon daily challenge...

Maybe we're supposed to destroy twenty-five different bikes. But are there actually twenty-five bikes IN Guanajuato?!
Don't know if you're still trying to get it to register, but just came across this on the subreddit that I thought might help you & anyone else.

Last edited:
I changed back too my T300rs stock rim and the game has come alive for me. ffb feels way better than what i was getting through my FXX EVO rim, build materials got something to do with that? Driving has become very enjoyable again. still no vibration effects for hitting the red band but that cause the settings for vibrations have no effect.

After 22 games of the Eliminator, I finally won my first game

View attachment 1102095

It's not too difficult I think, although it definitely is luck dependent, much like all battle royale games.

First, you need to get a decent car drop ASAP. I usually spawn near the solar panels. There, I usually see like 3 to 4 car drops around me. Almost always I can get a level 4 or 5 car immediately.

Next, win as many head to heads as possible. The main trick is to start with an advantage. Of course you don't know where the finish line is, but you can easily estimate where it is as it is designed to be on the opposite side of the circle. If you're on the far east side of the circle, then start driving toward the west. Chances are, you'll have a head start. This requires really good map knowledge and game sense. You need a lot of practice to get a good feeling as to where the finish will be.

However, you can't just race anyone. It's best to avoid those with cars better than you. In addition, try to approach cars from behind as they don't usually notice you. See what car they have before you challenge them.

During the race, you cannot be full throttle all the time. You need to make sure you don't lose control or crash into trees. You need to keep your eyes up and look as far as possible. Try to gauge what's the safest path through the tree line. It's okay to slow down if it means you don't crash into a tree. This requires really good map knowledge as well.

Win a few head to heads and you'll have a level 7+ car. Once there's around 10 cars left, you need survive for the final elimination race. You need to avoid other people from challenging you. It is best now to hide near the edge of the circle in preparation for the final race.

Much like head to heads, you can estimate where the finish will be. It is always in the opposite location of where the final circle is. If the circle is at the south east section of the map, then the finish will most likely be in the north west. When there's 10 cars left, hide at the edge where you think the finish will be.

Finally, when the countdown reaches around 3 or 4, you can start driving. This'll give you a massive head start and if you have a good car, you'll win.
1640745171853.png

My second win, this time in a level 10 AMG One

I feel like I’ve honestly been enjoying the game more than most, purely because I haven’t experienced the level of bugs that others have, but man there are a few design choices and bug with the Event Lab/Route Creator that frustrate me like crazy.

Not being able to edit the the course and props after it was saved? I feel like this was more of an oversight than anything, but whose idea was it to make players ‘Test Drive’ every blueprint they make even if the only difference was a change of car class? I don’t want to have to do the race once just to be able to publish, and then do the race again just to get credited for it.

The worst though is the %/1:00.00 glitch where instead of the race being the amount of laps that you had chosen, it makes the race only 1 lap.

The worst though is the %/1:00.00 glitch where instead of the race being the amount of laps that you had chosen, it makes the race only 1 lap.
Start the race from My Shared Events and it will work fine.

Did everyone forgot about certain individuals that played the full game one week before the Premium edition? And what did JDS said about FH5 back then? "Not only FH5 is the best Horizon game but the best Racing game of all times". That until someone took his #1 position in HoF.
Also I wonder which other racing game could rival Horizon 5 for best Racing game this year. And please don't tell me the Hot Wheels game is better.
Sorry for digging that deeply back in this thread but after buying HW Unleashed I must admit that certainly it isn't "better" but surely much more enjoyable for me at the moment. Playing HW Unleashed doesn't feel like having a duty to do so - which feels like it with FH5 recently for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Forza and I've been playing actively every single one of them apart from the original Motorsport but this constant grind on the playlists just killing all the fun for me last few days 🤷🏼

On the other hand I know I'll be back in Mexico tomorrow when the new season begins 😁

...it's my duty! 🤭

Sorry for digging that deeply back in this thread but after buying HW Unleashed I must admit that certainly it isn't "better" but surely much more enjoyable for me at the moment. Playing HW Unleashed doesn't feel like having a duty to do so - which feels like it with FH5 recently for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Forza and I've been playing actively every single one of them apart from the original Motorsport but this constant grind on the playlists just killing all the fun for me last few days 🤷🏼

On the other hand I know I'll be back in Mexico tomorrow when the new season begins 😁

...it's my duty! 🤭
I understand people that don't like the Playlist. That hate to repeat same events multiple times. If you're not having fun than that is a big problem. But I'm also sure that this kind of activities is necessary for players that reached end game. I thought many times what would this game look like if I log in now and there's no Playlist. So you put this activities to carry those that don't know what to do. And to make it more interesting you put Exclusive Prizes, which is annoying if you can't get the prize.
However it works for me. I still remember Series 39 for FH4. The first without an exclusive prize. It felt empty.

As for HW Unleash I have no doubt one can enjoy it. It a great game, sure. It's just not for me. But that is not the reason why I think it's not "better" than FH5. It was more of.. If you were a Judge at some Racing GOTY Awards would you vote for FH5 after playing it for a few hours.

Had a cracking Eliminator last night while waiting for the drugs (analgesics, not illicit) to kick in.

Drove the Beetle about five feet and got a Levante (5), and immediately got challenged by another Beetle which unsurprisingly I won, upgrading to the Exocet (6). A guy in an Audi S1 for some reason followed me to the finish point but got stuck under a bridge, so I challenged him and won to get a Bronco (7). Hunted down a Focus RS (3) to get into a GT-R (8) - which I'm not normally a fan of, but then an X5 M (4) challenged me and I just fluked the win thanks to a tree about 100m from the finish. That put me into the Rahal Fiesta (9), but a WRX (4) immediately challenged me while he was heading out of the zone, so he got caned - turned down the Funco (10) because I hate it - then beat a Lancer (4) and took the Centenario (10).

Finish line was about 7km away, mainly down the motorway and then clear grassland with no trees, so I won by about 2km.

Edit: Win #7 just now, thanks to a Hoonigan Focus (9) and a tree interrupting whatever the hell was taking chunks out of the lead I'd had since the final showdown started (which was literally the entire final zone).

Last edited:
I understand people that don't like the Playlist. That hate to repeat same events multiple times. If you're not having fun than that is a big problem. But I'm also sure that this kind of activities is necessary for players that reached end game. I thought many times what would this game look like if I log in now and there's no Playlist. So you put this activities to carry those that don't know what to do. And to make it more interesting you put Exclusive Prizes, which is annoying if you can't get the prize.
However it works for me. I still remember Series 39 for FH4. The first without an exclusive prize. It felt empty.

As for HW Unleash I have no doubt one can enjoy it. It a great game, sure. It's just not for me. But that is not the reason why I think it's not "better" than FH5. It was more of.. If you were a Judge at some Racing GOTY Awards would you vote for FH5 after playing it for a few hours.
Well, surely I'd vote FH5 over HW Unleashed I think my current opinion is just based on the personal circumstances with FH5 - literally smashed current playlist grinding it thoroughly to get SVJ and then just logging on to the game to grind for Accolades. Maybe that's the reason I'm not enjoying it as much as I did before?

In opposite to some I absolutely despise Eliminator. Every season my Events always have a familiar look to them.

image_2021-12-29_173120.png

Since I got inches from winning one a few weeks ago, Knocked out 6 people and got up to a AMG ONE (ended up losing to a cheater) I hesitate spending my time in them aimlessly driving in circles looking for purple smoke. Winning one will probably be the achievement that stops me 100% the game.

Last edited:
If you want a quick 30 second challenge card for today’s daily, try this one out : 397 318 027

I made it a while ago, thought it’s a pretty fun one. 😄

In opposite to some I absolutely despise Eliminator. Every season my Events always have a familiar look to them.

Since I got inches from winning one a few weeks ago, Knocked out 6 people and got up to a AMG ONE (ended up losing to a cheater) I hesitate spending my time in them aimlessly driving in circles looking for purple smoke. Winning one will probably be the achievement that stops me 100% the game.
Right there with you, have yet to win one between FH4 and FH5.

I played eliminator twice. First time, had no idea, eliminated immediately.

2nd one was to get the points by surviving up to 20 (I think), hid like a baby and stayed 'alive' til there were 10 left. Needless to say with that level of car I got immediately demolished and never been back.

Basically passing the time on FH5 and Assetto Corsa Competizione (on controller cry) until FM(8) comes out hahaha

Car Battle Royale is about as far out of my interest as a car event can be.

Last edited:
In terms of the Eliminator, I’d say any round which has the final zone up on the Volcano is incredibly easy to cheese once you figure out the finish line in the final zone.

Seriously, you can have races that last less than 500 yards up there and as soon as you know where the finish is, it’s entirely possible to challenge someone, park ON the finish line and win that way. :lol:

Haven’t done that last bit myself, but have seen it happen.

I got to the final zone with a Lvl 6 Exocet, started the final showdown in a Lvl 10 Bronco just by knowing where the finish line was.

Afterwards, I went down the hill which you end up going down when you do the danger sign, blasted through the main festival where most of them ended up crashing into and I picked up another win.;)

After a long time playing the last three Horizon games, i have come to the dreaded conclusion that Drivatars in Horizon Solo's Free Roam are just Playground Games' subtle passive-aggressive way of nagging players into joining Horizon Life.

See that Drivatar that you accidentally smashed/got smashed by? That's just the devs nagging you to go play Horizon Life.

Last edited:
In opposite to some I absolutely despise Eliminator.
Right there with you, have yet to win one between FH4 and FH5.
Car Battle Royale is about as far out of my interest as a car event can be.
I mean, it's not that bad - and you can get into the final round pretty routinely if you know what you're doing - but now I've chalked off all the Accolades and won my seven, I've got very little intention of doing it ever again outside of the season changes.

My technique is:
  • Pick a good start spot with plenty of car drops nearby - I find just by the cloverleaf/Street Scene Outpost or on the drag strip at Teotihuacan to be ideal
  • Get the first drop out of the way right away; sometimes you'll get even right up to level 8, but usually 3-4
  • Immediately challenge the first Beetle you see, who will likely also be going for that first drop - beat them and that's another level upgrade right away
  • Car drops are almost always in the vicinity of buildings, from small farms and the polytunnels to the towns and stadium, or in the middle of bridges.
  • Know your cars; you need to know what you're driving and what you can challenge. FWD and RWD stuff is usually pretty slow over terrain, and some cars are just terrible.
  • You also need to know when NOT to upgrade, as shifting from a Levante (AWD) to a Nomad (RWD) may not be an improvement despite the levels of both. Aim to end up in something AWD, no matter the class.
  • Keep an eye on your minimap for aggressive pink dots who want to challenge you.
  • Having a fast car and hiding behind a building near a car drop is evil and hilarious.
  • Know where your finish line will be; it'll be in the opposite half of the zone to the one you're in. Be already driving towards it when you challenge someone
  • Know your geography; if your straight line route takes you across the reservoir and it's not dry season, don't take that route but aim for a crossing. Avoid running through clumps of foliage because they hide solid trees. Back off a bit to retain control through the woods in the marsh and waterfall areas.
  • For the final challenge, the finish line will be in the opposite quadrant of the map to the one you're in. Aim in that general direction and get up to enough speed to hit the pink zone limit wall with three seconds remaining of the countdown - you can be outside the zone for those three seconds without any issue.

One of the greatest feelings in the game, is eliminating someone in a level 4-5 car, when you are in the base VW. This is happen to me a few times now, and it’s always them trying to eliminate me. Each time it has happened , it was in pretty wide open areas too, it’s not like I was in the forest dodging trees, wining that way. I’d take that base VW or several level 2-4 cars.

Last edited:
Back