Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,907 comments
EDIT: Did anyone who was playing FH5 yesterday notice anything like this? It may have been an April Fools' thing and it was still in my game today because I hadn't restarted it.
Didn't see that and was playing a lot yesterday grinding for badges. I can't believe I'm actually grinding for badges... 🤣

Last edited:
On a separate note, Playground Games is currently working on banning the Raesr Tachyon from all forms of online racing in FH5. Why do they think they need to go through all of that work when they simply remove the 4-speed transmission upgrade from the car?

On a separate note, Playground Games is currently working on banning the Raesr Tachyon from all forms of online racing in FH5. Why do they think they need to go through all of that work when they simply remove the 4-speed transmission upgrade from the car?
Players may now have the part equipped on a car, so if they remove the part from the game it'll crash or at least give an error when they try to get into that car. Worst case scenario, exiting the game with the Tachyon as the current car and that part equipped would effectively cause the save to be unusable.

Even if they had implemented a more 'safe' way of loading cars that would reset invalid upgrades (this has been a problem since at least FM2, but generally not possible to trigger without mods), removing the part would require a new game update, which has a lead time of weeks, and would most likely only happen at the end of this month.

Blocking cars from the online modes instead seems to be server-side and data-driven, so it can be done relatively quickly and trivially. They may well do it properly in future, and fix whatever gives that transmission a stupidly low PI in the next monthly update, but then again they might not!

I'm not making any of this up, but the holiday decorations are back. Can anyone else load into the game and tell me if they see the holiday decorations?

The presence of green prizes like 5000cr has not changed, but I also feel that it is relatively easier to win good prizes.
I used all 5 SWS this week, 2 SWS from the VIP bonus and 3 SWS from this week's PR stunt.
What I got was several hundred thousand cr, plus a 350ZFE, some expensive supercars, and wheelspin exclusive cars.
I hope you take pictures and tell us what you did with all your builds. In stock form I call the Toronado my Big Floaty Boi because that’s exactly what it is.

I'm not making any of this up, but the holiday decorations are back. Can anyone else load into the game and tell me if they see the holiday decorations?

I just checked. No Christmas decorations, no ice rink, no Christmas tree.
B349491D-F14F-41A2-8799-5D5E580BDE81.png

3ED6F95C-FB84-4183-97A8-6D5F9AB24C1A.png

85B718D9-4C5E-4E94-BB0F-911C2887B796.png

Last edited:
It might be something on the servers going on because I had some strange situations where I didn't load into a race and still got the points or joined another lobby even though in convoy. Maybe this new filter for Open was too much of a stress?

Seems like you're on your own for the holiday season 🤔 ;)

And in other news, if you hit the ramp fast at the start of the stunt track lap, you can do THIS 😂

20220402_223515.jpg

Internet cookie if you can guess the car...!

Finally, whoever liked and downloaded all my photos, thanks a lot 👍 (not been online this week before today due to, you know, BA-2 🤧

And in other news, if you hit the ramp fast at the start of the stunt track lap, you can do THIS 😂

View attachment 1132652

Finally, whoever liked and downloaded all my photos, thanks a lot 👍 (not been online this week before today due to, you know, BA-2 🤧

That was me bud, no worries. I did message you on Xbox. As for what cat that is in your picture, no idea I'm afraid.

View attachment 1132652

Correct me if I'm wrong but....Mercedes...GT-R or SLS?

I’m very late to this game, but is it true you can only essentially have one of each barn find? If so there go my variant builds :^(
I've been wondering something for a while: why do people get upset about not being able to own multiples of a rare car because of "variant builds" when you can just save liveries and tunes and apply them to the car as needed? I understand wanting multiples of a car just as a "because I can" thing*, but it's not like I can't spend 15 seconds in menus loading different configurations for my one-of-ones.

I've been wondering something for a while: why do people get upset about not being able to own multiples of a rare car because of "variant builds" when you can just save liveries and tunes and apply them to the car as needed? I understand wanting multiples of a car just as a "because I can" thing*, but it's not like I can't spend 15 seconds in menus loading different configurations for my one-of-ones.

I am a style collector who owns copies of the same car. (*long post)

From that my point of view, there are several reasons.
First of all, there are not so many save slots for tune/livery.
This is a problem that started with the Xbox One era; up until the Xbox 360, Forza basically stored save data on the hard drive of the console. So we could save as many UGC as our hard disk space would allow.
However, since the Xbox One era, all players' save data copy is also stored in cloud storage. The size of the saved data available in the cloud storage is determined for each title.
Therefore, we can only save up to a certain number of UGC, regardless of how much hard disk space is available on each player's console.
And while upgrades and tuning do not consume UGC slots just by doing so, saving them as tuning data is designed to consume UGC slots.
Therefore, the "one car, multiple tunes" style is more likely to face this problem.

Second, there are situations where it is not possible to load tune and livery.
For example, it is not possible to load these items in an online race.
Therefore, it is more convenient to have several identical cars with different builds for different classes and race types.

Finally, and this is just an emotional argument, not a theoretical one, but the psychology of collectors is that they want to own more than one favorite item.

In my case, for example, I own about five Charger Daytonas.
They are all different builds, and it is always a treat to see the collection on the Dodge page of the car listings, each one with its own personality.

I will never get this feeling with just one Charger Daytona.

Of course, this is one style of play. There can be a play style of owning all the cars one by one.
In that sense I am not denying your suggested playstyle.
But I don't think it's a good idea to have a problem that can never be solved by effort or grind due to the limitations of the game system.

When loading into multiplayer, you don't get a chance to load a tune, so if you happen to get A-class off road but your desired car currently has the S-class tune on it you are screwed. You either have to quit, load the A-class tune then hope you draw another A-class off road when you try multiplayer again, or just plain not use it. If you try multiplayer again, and next time you get S-class off road then it's annoying because you just changed the tune on it so now it's in A-class and you still can't use it.

I haven't tried the filters yet for multiplayer though so those might help alleviate the problem since you will be able to choose what class you want to run.

Either way, it's still an arbitrary limit that adds nothing to the game.

Everyone else: complains about GT7's roulette tickets

Me: gets this twice in a row...
View attachment 1132521

Also I forgot I already had a McLaren F1 because it was dropped in my lap for buying all the other McLarens in the game months ago and blew 700FP on another one. Oops. At least someone got a nice gift, assuming they didn't also buy one from hoarded points too.
They got blasted on Reddit when they killed skill point farming methods and lowered wheelspin payouts. The game still throw tons of cars and money at you. GT 7 economy is quite worse.

Last edited:

I think mostly because if i’m in free roam or as others have said bouncing around multiplayer races, it’s harder to load into a car and then load tunes + vinyls than having a duplicate preset to that. My worst offender is the r32 skyline because i love to have replica’s set to real life race builds, but yeah to cut a long story short it makes life easier so why not lol.

I think mostly because if i’m in free roam or as others have said bouncing around multiplayer races, it’s harder to load into a car and then load tunes + vinyls than having a duplicate preset to that. My worst offender is the r32 skyline because i love to have replica’s set to real life race builds, but yeah to cut a long story short it makes life easier so why not lol.
Yeah like in Forza Motorsports I’d have multiple f1 cars just with different liveries to save time on having to back out and load something else on. I got cars set with meta tunes but also have duplicates to use other ways.

So still no way to win the “Power Trip” (“Complete a Horizon Tour in a ‘S2’ Class Car”) accolade in Horizon Tour? I just tried an S2 class tour under custom racing and it didn’t register.

Last edited:
So still no way to win the “Power Trip” (“Complete a Horizon Tour in a ‘S2’ Class Car”) accolade in Horizon Tour? I just tried an S2 class tour under custom racing and it didn’t register.
One is a Horizon Tour while custom races count as Open Racing. But don't worry it will come in Series 7. They said in the last stream (near the end. Q&A part) that 300 new championships will be added to Tour. Now the question is how will those Tours rotate. If it will be like now you will have to wait 10h for the same Tour to appear again. Maybe it will have an option to choose multiple Tours at the same time. Anyway, you will be able to get that accolade too.

That was me bud, no worries. I did message you on Xbox. As for what cat that is in your picture, no idea I'm afraid.

Cheers bud 👍

Correct me if I'm wrong but....Mercedes...GT-R or SLS?

Good thinking, not so far off. It's an Aston Martin Vantage, so similar vehicle type.

You can half a coo... 😂

One is a Horizon Tour while custom races count as Open Racing. But don't worry it will come in Series 7. They said in the last stream (near the end. Q&A part) that 300 new championships will be added to Tour. Now the question is how will those Tours rotate. If it will be like now you will have to wait 10h for the same Tour to appear again. Maybe it will have an option to choose multiple Tours at the same time. Anyway, you will be able to get that accolade too.

300 extra championships in tour sounds good to me. As long as it's not 100 hypercars, 100 supercars and 100 cross country lol

Are there any cars selling for 20M credits? I bought a 20M car a few months ago for the accolade. I just need to sell one so I can get the other accolade. But I can’t seem to get anything to sell for that price, even if I paint, modify and tune it.

Are there any cars selling for 20M credits? I bought a 20M car a few months ago for the accolade. I just need to sell one so I can get the other accolade. But I can’t seem to get anything to sell for that price, even if I paint, modify and tune it.
You have to sell a rare festival playlist reward car to get that much. Like I sold one of the Toyota Arctic Trucks for 20 million as the game doesn’t even have snow and they’ll come back around again some day.

You have to sell a rare festival playlist reward car to get that much. Like I sold one of the Toyota Arctic Trucks for 20 million as the game doesn’t even have snow and they’ll come back around again some day.
I tried the AT38 but could only get about 9M credits for it. I never thought to check the AT37. I just checked and it’s now in the auction house for 20M credits. Just to be safe, though, I also bought the only AT37 that was in the auction house before I put mine up for sale. Now I don’t lose an AT37 if or when mine sells. In other news, if someone wants an AT37, there’s one in the auction house, and it’s mine.

Cars I know you can sell for 20M right now (price can change anytime):

2013 Wuling Sunshine S
2018 Italdesign Zerouno
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2019 Raesr Tachyon Speed
Edit:
2003 Toyota Celica SS-I
2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante
2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
2016 Toyota Land Cruiser Arctic Trucks AT37

Last edited:
Cars I know you can sell for 20M right now (price can change anytime):

2013 Wuling Sunshine S
2018 Italdesign Zerouno
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2019 Raesr Tachyon Speed
Edit:
2003 Toyota Celica SS-I
2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante
2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
2016 Toyota Land Cruiser Arctic Trucks AT37
Thanks for this, I had duplicates of the Raesr Tachyon and the Zerouno so I listed them.

Raesr already sold at 20M. I wouldn't have sold it if A class hadn't been taken out as I had one set up for Dirt and one for Road but I never got a chance to use one while they were glitched. I wonder if they know A class has been taken out of Open Racing

Edit:
Zerouno went for 16M

Been playing Eliminator a bit more the last few days as it is still the only Steam Achievement I need and I'm getting top 5 every time but just cant get a win. It's all incredibly frustrating.

On the other hand I have been enjoying the open/custom racing lately. I've got to the point where I have a suite of popular/meta competitive cars/tunes and I am competitive in every series, Winning most. Unlocking the badges is fun too. It was a nice addition I didn't think would make a difference to me but It is making me grind and play more online racing.

I joined the GTP club too as my old club I was a part of has become rather quiet.

Last edited:
I played the custom races for awhile today and never had more than four players at once. I'm at level 66 and am already losing interest. It didn't help that after the last event I finished second in the I Pace (it is okay now for B dirt and cross country) and it glitched and showed an AI in the post race celebration screen then I didn't get credit for the three races.
I may play more on the weekends when there are enough people on and when A class is back, but I don't care about grinding for badges so I will wait until then.

I played the custom races for awhile today and never had more than four players at once. I'm at level 66 and am already losing interest. It didn't help that after the last event I finished second in the I Pace (it is okay now for B dirt and cross country) and it glitched and showed an AI in the post race celebration screen then I didn't get credit for the three races.
I may play more on the weekends when there are enough people on and when A class is back, but I don't care about grinding for badges so I will wait until then.
I noticed this too, I think it's designed more for parties of people. Open racing have guaranteed healthy lobbies every time.

I went to bed and couldn't get off so I decided to jump back on FH5 to tire myself out. I was planning on doing some Open Racing with a few tunes I was given but I thought I would try my luck and I finally did it.

Final zone was southern Airport. Most of the server looked like they were readying for the final race to go over to the east coast. So I gambled on it going North/North west up to the desert or If it was somewhere on the mountain I would still be in decent shape. It was halfway up the mountain on the Dirt switchback road.

FH5ELIMWIN.png

All achievements finally 😄
FH5ALLACHIEVE.png

Last edited:
Back