Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,907 comments
I was trying to figure out how much xp is needed and what is the best method to reach lv 1000 in Horizon Open.
The best way to lv is racing. Now it look like CC races give a little bit more xp per race but Street racing is faster, while Road racing is probably the easiest. It doesn't matter much. By doing some testing and talking to guys in top 10 on the leaderboard got this results.

Level____xp needed
100______400.000
200______900.000
300_____1.500.000
400_____2.200.000
500_____3.000.000
600_____3.900.000
700_____4.900.000
800_____6.000.000
900_____7.200.000
1000____8.500.000

That is actually a lot of xp. Without the winning bonus you need to do 1300+ races in Open alone for level 1000. Only the brave one will get there.

Having done everything so far this season I got to 80 points last night and got the NSX. The game has given me the points already from this series future seasons for Drift Club and Rivals. Happy days.

Having done everything so far this season I got to 80 points last night and got the NSX. The game has given me the points already from this series future seasons for Drift Club and Rivals. Happy days.
You should tank the Tour bug instead. I bet you got that one gold in Spring too.

You should tank the Tour bug instead. I bet you got that one gold in Spring too.
Tour is indeed gold for spring. I hadn't noticed until I read your message. I thought they were meant to have fixed that bug?

Tour is indeed gold for spring. I hadn't noticed until I read your message. I thought they were meant to have fixed that bug?
I still have to do the Tour so no NSX for me today.😥
But yeah, they didn't fixed it yet. Despite getting the message that the Tours have been completed I still need to do them. And I'm still missing the accolade for completing all Tours in a Playlists despite having 100% everything. Guess is because of the same bug. It doesn't bother me anyway.

I still have to do the Tour so no NSX for me today.😥
But yeah, they didn't fixed it yet. Despite getting the message that the Tours have been completed I still need to do them. And I'm still missing the accolade for completing all Tours in a Playlists despite having 100% everything. Guess is because of the same bug. It doesn't bother me anyway.
That sucks bud. The accolade popped for me last series. I've seen your accolade score and placing in the Hall of Fame 😮😮😮, wow top effort.

I was trying to figure out how much xp is needed and what is the best method to reach lv 1000 in Horizon Open.
The best way to lv is racing. Now it look like CC races give a little bit more xp per race but Street racing is faster, while Road racing is probably the easiest. It doesn't matter much. By doing some testing and talking to guys in top 10 on the leaderboard got this results.

Level____xp needed
100______400.000
200______900.000
300_____1.500.000
400_____2.200.000
500_____3.000.000
600_____3.900.000
700_____4.900.000
800_____6.000.000
900_____7.200.000
1000____8.500.000

That is actually a lot of xp. Without the winning bonus you need to do 1300+ races in Open alone for level 1000. Only the brave one will get there.
I'm sitting at around level 180, Most of that only in the last few days. I have won most of the championships though so I think that has sped my levelling process a bit. Most of the time when winning it varies from 28k to about 35k XP. Which isn't bad considering the 3 races are over quite quickly. Especially if 2/3 or all races are Sprints.

Last edited:
I'm sitting at around level 180, Most of that only in the last few days. I have won most of the championships though so I think that has sped my levelling process a bit. Most of the time when winning it varies from 28k to about 35k XP. Which isn't bad considering the 3 races are over quite quickly. Especially if 2/3 or all races are Sprints.
Exactly if you win you get more xp and 5k overall bonus. It depends also on the race length. I got 60k when Titan showed up.

Exactly if you win you get more xp and 5k overall bonus. It depends also on the race length. I got 60k when Titan showed up.
Titan? That must be custom racing? I've never seen those appear in Open racing although I have only been playing Open Racing seriously since the last update. I wouldn't mind them including the long epic events every now and then though.

Titan? That must be custom racing? I've never seen those appear in Open racing although I have only been playing Open Racing seriously since the last update. I wouldn't mind them including the long epic events every now and then though.
If you want good long events bud then look on Torni's races on the creations page here. Nice long races across the map. Plenty of credits and XP as rewards.

If you want good long events bud then look on Torni's races on the creations page here. Nice long races across the map. Plenty of credits and XP as rewards.
We were referring to Online PvP Racing, I haven't looked too much into the creations thread though so I will make sure to take a look to see what people are coming up with. 👍

Last edited:
If this question has been asked before then I apologise but does anyone know what the point of our Kudos Points are? Do PG Games have any plans for them or are they just for personal pride?

It's rare to get a long event. I've seen only Titan so far. And only once.

If this question has been asked before then I apologise but does anyone know what the point of our Kudos Points are? Do PG Games have any plans for them or are they just for personal pride?
I guess it suppose to work just like likes on social media. You get a like and you feel better. You triggered a positive response. And it's working sometimes. It's also a reward for all those creators. It feels better when you make something and the next time you login you find 50 Kudos for it.
I don't think they will ever make them usable. Small creators need to put a lot of effort to get 100k kudos (if ever). Guys like DJS on the other hand have millions probably. And I can imagine that the vast majority have only a few hundreds.

It feels better when you make something and the next time you login you find 50 Kudos for it. ... And I can imagine that the vast majority have only a few hundreds.

I think the most I've ever had waiting for me at login was 2, maybe 3. I make an effort to upload liveries and tunes whenever I make them, so I would assume that the average player has even less than my (at most) 40 total kudos. I'd be surprised if the majority of players had more than 10 to be honest, with most of them coming from gifting cars.

It's rare to get a long event. I've seen only Titan so far. And only once.

I guess it suppose to work just like likes on social media. You get a like and you feel better. You triggered a positive response. And it's working sometimes. It's also a reward for all those creators. It feels better when you make something and the next time you login you find 50 Kudos for it.
I don't think they will ever make them usable. Small creators need to put a lot of effort to get 100k kudos (if ever). Guys like DJS on the other hand have millions probably. And I can imagine that the vast majority have only a few hundreds.
Thanks Strela bud. That makes sense.

I think the most I've ever had waiting for me at login was 2, maybe 3. I make an effort to upload liveries and tunes whenever I make them, so I would assume that the average player has even less than my (at most) 40 total kudos. I'd be surprised if the majority of players had more than 10 to be honest, with most of them coming from gifting cars.
What's your Gamer tag bud, I'll follow and like your stuff

I have exactly 200 almost Exclusively from gifting cars. I've had a small amount of downloads on a couple of tunes but not much.

You are right. The majority probably have 10 or less. I based my assumption on the fact that you can gift cars. I received at least a hundred Kudos from gifting cars.

I'm not one of those completely obsessed with adding loads of Super/Hypercars to FH5 but after just watching a recent video with Christian Von Koenigsegg on youtube I need to see the Jesko Absolut join FH5. 😍

Jesko_absolut_front-1024x612.jpg

Jesko_absolut_back.jpg

Edit:

Aston Martin Just released a video of the Valkyrie AMR Pro 🤤

Last edited:
The new 620R has the full Vorsteiner Nero body kit available for it, it looks absolutely awesome!

Definitely an unexpected surprise, I love how most new cars have cool mods available for them :D
Stat's wise and after a quick drive I like it, I'm hoping it could be competitive for S1 class. I'm sick of using the Ford GT '05 most of the time.

Stat's wise and after a quick drive I like it, I'm hoping it could be competitive for S1 class. I'm sick of using the Ford GT '05 most of the time.
I wasn’t too excited about it at first cause I thought it’s a bit of a redundant addition since we already have the 600LT but I’ve changed my mind today after it came out.

It’s fast, handles beautifully, looks good, sounds amazing, has a cool body kit and is basically a 570S GT4 race car that can compete with the XBow GT4 in pseudo GT4 class racing!

I tried the new 765 LT in S1 and is pretty quick. Definitely try it.
I found a setup from a Tuner I've used before, It felt nice after a quick try out, It was S1 with Drift tyres RWD. Its crazy how good It is. I think it will be competitive on more high speed sprints. Not so much in Circuits.

I tried the new 765 LT in S1 and is pretty quick. Definitely try it.
It is a very nice car. Handles lovely. I'm just about to post my paint job for it in the paints and design section. (Shameless plug I know, sorry 🤣🤣)

I've been enjoying online racing lately. I've been doing almost exclusively custom B-class road racing using the Toronado and the Mercury Cyclone. I've kept both 2 wheel drive and use 4-speed transmissions and vintage race tires. It's limiting my performance, but it's a lot of fun so I don't mind. I've had almost no problems with rammers, and in fact I've had some very good clean races with others.

Online racing has been a real joy for me too! I found myself playing it a lot more than FH4, which I hardly played via online, unless it was for completing the festival playlist. Speaking of FH4, you can't earn any more car passes as it's gone, so you just earn cars in the playlist.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying online racing lately. I've been doing almost exclusively custom B-class road racing using the Toronado and the Mercury Cyclone. I've kept both 2 wheel drive and use 4-speed transmissions and vintage race tires. It's limiting my performance, but it's a lot of fun so I don't mind. I've had almost no problems with rammers, and in fact I've had some very good clean races with others.
Same here, I find people are a bit more respectful/talented in the lower classes, it definitely attracts less OMG Hypercar!!!1! kids.

My big problem is that I really only build most of my cars the exact same way, so I basically have no power and all handling/grip, which is fine in career mode because the AI sucks but at times can be a bit problematic online. Like my 130hp-ish Sprite on full slicks that doesn't actually need brakes, which means I carry so much more speed around corners than most people it kind of becomes a problem, if I'm actually able to catch back to them after the start. :lol:

Last edited:
Back