Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,907 comments
Like I've said a few days ago I'm glad I have gotten into the Online Racing as I normally complete the Festival Playlist within hours so it's great to have something to keep my attention. One of the reasons I stayed away from Online Racing was the well known reputation of Forza Lobbies with ramming/Dirty racing but I have had decent experience in that sense.

Nice to see others are enjoying the Online Stuff too,

I didn't think I would have liked the 765lt but damn was I being ignorant, that thing is balanced so perfectly and the howling sound it makes puts a smile on my face.
I found out that is a street scene superiority fighter, even in stock form! (you should have seen what it did to a Rimac...)

After all the enjoyable racing in Open, the Trial was a return to reality. Nothing but rammers and idiots forcing their own teammates off the track and losing the race.

Over in the Forza discord Reddit there was a discussion about some of the leaked cars that came through as body kits such as the 570 VX kit on the Mclaren 620r. Widowmaker (original poster) pointed out it was found in the suspensionstructure.xlsx folder and he went looking for some new cars in there and low and behold found some. Shown below are the noteable ones

MCL_59_MclarenF1GTR_95
LEX_LC500_16
SUZ_Samurai_91
VW_JettaGLi_03
ROL_Phantom_37
ROB_7_SST_16

Over in the Forza discord Reddit there was a discussion about some of the leaked cars that came through as body kits such as the 570 VX kit on the Mclaren 620r. Widowmaker (original poster) pointed out it was found in the suspensionstructure.xlsx folder and he went looking for some new cars in there and low and behold found some. Shown below are the noteable ones

MCL_59_MclarenF1GTR_95
LEX_LC500_16
SUZ_Samurai_91
VW_JettaGLi_03
ROL_Phantom_37
ROB_7_SST_16
A new lexus, suzuki and rolls returning, the famous f1 gtr along with the jetta. Damn.

Btw what could the sst be?

MCL_59_MclarenF1GTR_95
LEX_LC500_16
SUZ_Samurai_91
VW_JettaGLi_03
ROL_Phantom_37
ROB_7_SST_16
I'll cite out more cars from that list:
  • 2013 LTC TX4 (LTC_TX4_13)
  • 2014 Peugeot 208 GTi (PEU_208GTI_14)
  • 1923 Miller 122 (MIL_122_23)
  • 2014 Peugeot RCZ R (PEU_RZCR_14)
  • 1954 Ferrari 500 TR (FER_500TR_54)
  • 2006 Ford Transit (FOR_TRANSIT_06)
  • 1936 Mercedes-Benz 540K (MER_540K_36)
  • 2014 Infiniti Emerg-E concept (INF_EMERGE_14)
  • 1985 DAF #95 Twin Turbo X1 (DAF_95_TTX1_85)
  • 2012 Audi A5 Touring Car (DTM?) (AUD_A5Touring_12)
  • 2013 Renault #3 Premium Racing Truck (REN_3_Premium_13)
  • 2013 Subaru #9 BRZ Formula Drift (SUB_9_BRZFD_13)
  • 2019 Playground Games "Dinosaur Car" (PG_DinosaurCar_19)
  • 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 'Six Underground' (ALF_Giulia6Underground_16)
Remember to take this with a grain of salt, as we are never guaranteed to see these cars in the future. And I just realized that every classic Indianapolis 500 car that is leaked so far are all winners of its respective year.

Last edited:
I'm usually pretty easy going about Horizon, but I'm starting to get anxious about the expansions. it's never gone this late with no word about them. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a three-year game, but with how long they're delaying news on the expansions, I'm starting to wonder if this might turn out to be a four-year game.

• 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 'Six Underground' (ALF_Giulia6Underground_16)
I completely missed the RCRZ that makes me happy

1923_Miller_1222.jpg

Give me all of that Miller 122

Man! Those are some epic collection of cars hiding in the files. :embarrassed: That is one of the reasons why I rank Forza on top of every racer when it comes to acquiring cars. I want them all, but I'm shocked by seeing the Lexus LC500 in there. And that Mclaren F1 GTR....no freakin' way! :D

1923_Miller_1222.jpg

Give me all of that Miller 122
There is a great story about the connection between Miller race cars and Ettore Bugatti. Leon Duray was a racer from the 1920s and '30s. He was on the front row of the Indy 500 five years in a row in his 91cid (1.5 liter) straight-8 Miller. When the Depression hit and the "junk formula" made his Millers uncompetitive and overpriced, he took two of them to Europe to race them there. Eventually they broke down. Ettore Bugatti was an admirer of the Miller engines, so he made a deal with Duray: his two broken Millers in exchange for three Bugattis (one still without a body) and first class passage back to the United States. Bugatti discovered the Miller engines made 50 more horsepower than the best he could get out of his own engines. He reverse engineered the head in particular, putting everything he learned into the Type 51 engine. Accounts differ about which cars Duray got, but we know the unfinished car was a type 38 as it still exists. Murphy coachbuilders put a roadster body on it, the only classic Bugatti to receive an American-built body. It's now in Jay Leno's collection.
1928_Bugatti_Type38A1.jpg

I'm usually pretty easy going about Horizon, but I'm starting to get anxious about the expansions. it's never gone this late with no word about them. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a three-year game, but with how long they're delaying news on the expansions, I'm starting to wonder if this might turn out to be a four-year game.
I'm not sure FH4 was supposed to be a 3 year game back when it launched. The two DLCs came out within 9 months of the launch, but the game kept going for 2 more years with the playlists. Seems a bit front loaded in hindsight.

My guess is they planned to space out the expansions a bit more this time (especially for Gamepass numbers), but it got even more delayed now as the game was so bugged at launch. They don't want to seem like they aren't taking the issues seriously. Or maybe plans got delayed because of the time spent fixing bugs as well.

Does anyone know more about the origins of the orange and silver geometric paintjob of the Mclaren 620R? All I know is that 25 620Rs had this paintjob.

The second paintjob is prolly a Mclaren GT4 paint of some sort.

Hold on a sec... the FINAL car pass car (Series 9, Spring) in FH5 would be released on June 23, which is gonna be my birthday... I wonder what it will be...

Last edited:
Holy crap, McLaren F1 GTR.....I mentioned it a couple of pages back and it's in the files hidden...LMAO.

Anyway, that McLaren F1 GTR, Miller 122, Lexus LC500, Mercedes 540K, Infiniti Emerg-e Concept, Peugeot's and that DAF truck are all that matters to me.

The Suzuki Samurai is....Cute, I'll give it that.

Does anyone know more about the origins of the orange and silver geometric paintjob of the Mclaren 620R? All I know is that 25 620Rs had this paintjob.

The second paintjob is prolly a Mclaren GT4 paint of some sort.

Hold on a sec... the FINAL car pass car (Series 9, Spring) in FH5 would be released on June 23, which is gonna be my birthday... I wonder what it will be...
I believe a blue variation of it debuted on the senna GTR. edit: nvm the senna gtr concept debuted with this paintjob back in 2018.
1649498306474.png

Last edited:
Could the "6 underground" guilia means a 6 underground car pack like James bond ?

It was most likely a planned tie-in car that never happened. The movie wasn't notable enough for anything like that to happen this long after release.

Holy crap, McLaren F1 GTR.....I mentioned it a couple of pages back and it's in the files hidden...LMAO.

Just to be clear, the file in question is a spreadsheet of research on suspension types for cars that either Turn10 or PG have considered making at some point. There are no actual files for any of those cars, and no evidence that development on them was started, ever will be started, or ever will be completed. It's also not Horizon-specific, so many of them could be ideas for the next FM game, or FM1-7 cars that never were made.

The 2009 Toyota Camry Stock Car, Fisker Karma, and Skoda Fabia RS, are all good examples of how plans can change. All three were planned, and finished enough to have some scraps of content shipped by accident, but a decade later none of them have shown up in a game... and they had more evidence for them having been made than the cars in the research spreadsheet do. I suspect the 6 Underground tie-in will never be seen either for example, and nor will the very UK-specific TX4.

I believe a blue variation of it debuted on the senna GTR. edit: nvm the senna gtr concept debuted with this paintjob back in 2018.View attachment 1135360
They mentioned it in the last Let’s Go livestream. That’s the exact car they used to scan into the game, and even though that’s a special (non-production) paint scheme, they kept it because they liked it so much.

Two bugs bothering me right now:

-am I losing it, or does cockpit view in the Meyers Manx (at least the non-Forza edition) make the environment look a lot darker? As in, doing a race in late afternoon looks normal in hood / bumper / chase view, but once you have the windshield in your view it looks like late evening?

-are the seasonal Eventlabs unavailable for anyone else?

It was most likely a planned tie-in car that never happened. The movie wasn't notable enough for anything like that to happen this long after release.

Just to be clear, the file in question is a spreadsheet of research on suspension types for cars that either Turn10 or PG have considered making at some point. There are no actual files for any of those cars, and no evidence that development on them was started, ever will be started, or ever will be completed. It's also not Horizon-specific, so many of them could be ideas for the next FM game, or FM1-7 cars that never were made.

The 2009 Toyota Camry Stock Car, Fisker Karma, and Skoda Fabia RS, are all good examples of how plans can change. All three were planned, and finished enough to have some scraps of content shipped by accident, but a decade later none of them have shown up in a game... and they had more evidence for them having been made than the cars in the research spreadsheet do. I suspect the 6 Underground tie-in will never be seen either for example, and nor will the very UK-specific TX4.

Yeah, I suspect the London Taxi TX4 was intended for FH4 if anything, to go with the "classic" taxi that was included. It would make no sense now in Mexico or in any FM game.

Two bugs bothering me right now:
-are the seasonal Eventlabs unavailable for anyone else?

If you're on PC, go to:
%TEMP%\Turn10Temp.scratch\
...and delete all of the SeasonalEventLabCache**.bin files there.

It's a common problem, and it's been broken for me both weeks so far - for some reason the game doesn't download the events properly and won't retry until you manually delete the cached files.

Back