Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments

Uhm, interesting list of ''leaked'' vehicles. There's several that were never mentioned in this thread like the 2021 Cupra Born, 2011 Mazda 5, 2020 Audi RS Q8, 2016 Mitsubishi ASX, 1998 Opel Astra...

Anyone able to check if these are really in the files? According to the description it says they are all coming from the FH5 files, and if that's the case, the list is way too good to be true.

If it turns out to be true that they all from the FH5 files, my guess is that some of them will come in the upcoming Forza Motosport instead of FH5.

I know that a lot of this list is as fake as a Kardashian, but I’d honestly cut off my testicles for all of those road cars (especially the Audis) and most of the race cars to come to FH5 😩

Flying Fordfish is now available for download...

20220413_130757.jpg

I don't use the Boneshaker. Don't like how it handles. I know a good driver can be OP in it but it's still strange. You just don't see many players using it. Yesterday I did a lot of racing in A class and haven't found a single one using it. When they banned the BS in FH4 you couldn't race in A lobby without 2-3 using it.
I don't think they will bother unless players will start using and winning in it.
Than it doesn't make sense why they banned the I-Pace either. It can't come near the International Scout in B class no matter the build. They banned the wrong car.🤣

Please PG for the love of god just nerf the Boneshaker in A-Class, it's just stupid. They've banned the Raezer and I-Pace from online racing, but that thing is still OP.
They did nerf it a few month's ago I believe. It still is one of the meta cars in Road Racing with a decent driver but most players with any morals equally despise and stay away from it.😄 I have few problems against them in A Class with R34, R33, R32 and 22B meta tunes. On Dirt the Maserati 850F smashes it.
I don't use the Boneshaker. Don't like how it handles. I know a good driver can be OP in it but it's still strange. You just don't see many players using it. Yesterday I did a lot of racing in A class and haven't found a single one using it. When they banned the BS in FH4 you couldn't race in A lobby without 2-3 using it.
I don't think they will bother unless players will start using and winning in it.
Than it doesn't make sense why they banned the I-Pace either. It can't come near the International Scout in B class no matter the build. They banned the wrong car.🤣
Ram Power wagon is pretty on par with the International IH800 in B class dirt/cc in my experience, Roadwise Shelby Cobra and Civic '74 are hard to beat.

For anyone wanting to get some help with some competitive cars and setups this is a pretty invaluable spreadsheet from the Youtube channel Johnson Racing.

Was looking at the Spring Playlist and noticed that 40 points required for the SVJ can be earned without Gold. @Nacho Libre next week is pretty much the same as this one. Only the prizes are better(?). See you next series? Maybe?

I'm starting to get a bit tight with almost all of the save slots in the game. I've hit 1000 cars multiple times as i like to have atleast 2 of everything and maybe more of rarer valuable or the more useful cars but I have had to go on mass gifting sprees to make room for the new carpass and playlist rewards every few weeks.

Same with Liveries. I have hit the max number of downloaded paints and have had to delete the ones for my less used cars to make room. Same for Photo's, Although I have created a folder on my PC to transfer them from the website and clear them from the game to make space so that's not too bad.

By the way, If anyone gets a prompt to join me in Horizon Open/Custom feel free to join.

Uhm, interesting list of ''leaked'' vehicles. There's several that were never mentioned in this thread like the 2021 Cupra Born, 2011 Mazda 5, 2020 Audi RS Q8, 2016 Mitsubishi ASX, 1998 Opel Astra...

Anyone able to check if these are really in the files? According to the description it says they are all coming from the FH5 files, and if that's the case, the list is way too good to be true.

If it turns out to be true that they all from the FH5 files, my guess is that some of them will come in the upcoming Forza Motosport instead of FH5.

oh wow, the video has been deleted, I wonder why...

The fake leaks situation was going too far and it's great to see videos like this one explaining all the situation going on with them

oh wow, the video has been deleted, I wonder why...

The fake leaks situation was going too far and it's great to see videos like this one explaining all the situation going on with them

TBH, I see MitchCactus as a big culprit for generating and influencing people to create fake leaks, for slapping clickbaity-thumbnails and simply claiming that "haha sf90 and gemera in forza horizon 5 expansion confirmed", while scamming people with modded accounts and showing money glitches, including the many caveman who worship him. Heck, hearing him makes me think AR12 is the Pewdiepie of Forza.

If you guys found something interesting in FH5 and FH4's files, you could contribute to the TCRF Articles I have made. As of now, I'm planning to review every past Let's Go/Forza Monthly stream to see if anything interesting that I wasn't able to catch comes in, while currently reworking the FH4 TCRF article to cover as much legitimate leaks that were found either here, or in R/Forza. After that, I'll create a TCRF Article for Forza Motorsport 7, with Admeister's previous thumbnail leaks being the main highlight.

Last edited:
There's a Daily event that requires you to win a Cross-Country race in an S2 Unlimited Off-Road vehicle. Of all vehicles in that category, am I right that only the 350Z FE can actually get to S2 PI wise? I've tried upgrading every other truck/car with engine swaps and drivetrain swaps, none of them make it past S1... Which would mean the game cheats by giving your opponents cars you can't actually build yourself, unless I'm missing something somewhere.

Last edited:
A question for the photomode peeps. One of the things I've always tried to do, and have a hard time with because I don't quite understand all the photomode settings and how they interact with each other, is make a picture where the car itself is completely clear and not blurry at all, but with a blurred background. After a whole bunch of tinkering, this is generally the best I can get:

fd114bbb-9641-4397-bd0e-a66dcd3361bd.png

As you can see, the back quarterpanel and wheel of the 765LT is still blurry. The background doesn't really show it, but generally in the wild, the background itself is still blurry, but usually there's basically a "circle" (or oval, idk) where the focus is crystal clear, but the edges of the car are still blurred.

These are my current photomode settings:

600e1ae0-3a68-46c7-a546-ca70ce890f53.png

Is there anything I need to do in the in-game settings to get the desired effect, or is this usually where photo-editing software comes in?

There's a Daily event that requires you to win a Cross-Country race in an S2 Unlimited Off-Road vehicle. Of all vehicles in that category, am I right that only the 350Z FE can actually get to S2 PI wise? I've tried upgrading every other truck/car with engine swaps and drivetrain swaps, none of them make it past S1... Which would mean the game cheats by giving your opponents cars you can't actually build yourself, unless I'm missing something somewhere.
The Bronco in that class can reach S2 with the Formula Drift Mustang’s 7.0 V8 swap and some boost thrown at it.

The Bronco in that class can reach S2 with the Formula Drift Mustang’s 7.0 V8 swap and some boost thrown at it.
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Still, seeing the AI race Warthogs and Trailcats in S2 is a bit annoying, because it's impossible to actually get them there.

A question for the photomode peeps. One of the things I've always tried to do, and have a hard time with because I don't quite understand all the photomode settings and how they interact with each other, is make a picture where the car itself is completely clear and not blurry at all, but with a blurred background. After a whole bunch of tinkering, this is generally the best I can get:

View attachment 1138330

As you can see, the back quarterpanel and wheel of the 765LT is still blurry. The background doesn't really show it, but generally in the wild, the background itself is still blurry, but usually there's basically a "circle" (or oval, idk) where the focus is crystal clear, but the edges of the car are still blurred.

View attachment 1138331

Is there anything I need to do in the in-game settings to get the desired effect, or is this usually where photo-editing software comes in?
Move the car further from the background and lower the aperture to 10-15, that way your car will be more in focus and the background blur should be blury (if you move the car far enough).

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Still, seeing the AI race Warthogs and Trailcats in S2 is a bit annoying, because it's impossible to actually get them there.
It's the same when you race the Raesr in A class. The AI will drive X class hyper cars marked as A800.
Anyway the Rally Fighter can also go up to 904.

Move the car further from the background and lower the aperture to 10-15, that way your car will be more in focus and the background blur should be blury (if you move the car far enough).
I'll give that a go next time. Also, do you know if the Bokeh shape and/or Focus Mode make a major difference, or should I just leave those be?

View attachment 1138330

View attachment 1138331

What @turk1993 suggested works, and you can always work with manual focus to get better results - but ultimately the implementation DOF in Forza's photomode is what it: for some shots (especially macro or fisheye shots) you would have an easier time just doing your own bokeh in your image editing software of choice.

Bokeh shape and quality are of no help in that regard.

Ok thats it, Its started happening to me now, Im sick of coming 2nd to an 8yr old in a Boneshaker. I will be using it in A Class until it gets nerfed. It comes with great shame but I cant take it anymore. 😁

Edit - Seems I am already receiving my well deserved comeuppance. I was in the last 80% of the 3rd race just about to get a clean sweep and the game crashed... 😁

Last edited:
I’m taking a break from road racing and chasing drifting badges instead. I really don’t enjoy drifting that much, so I want to get them out of the way. I’ve repainted my S1 and A-Class go-to Hoonigan drifters, the Hoonitruck and Twerkstallion. I’ve included a little bit of honesty on the sides.
0B38627D-F1BB-4902-8E18-A9A63E9289F7.png

67B4D8AD-B482-4F37-BF85-E2FFE077506A.png

Back