Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Im sick of coming 2nd to an 8yr old in a Boneshaker.
There's a good chance you coming 2nd to another RYAN who got tired of coming 2nd to yet another RYAN. 😂

Personally I can't find joy in winning with a meta. I don't judge who use them, it's just my thing I guess. I do use metas too, it's just not working for me when I win in it. Like I could never understood the only guy in the RAESR that did several championships in it. Everyone else was in a normal car. He DNF everyone every single race. I would feel so sad doing that.

Move the car further from the background and lower the aperture to 10-15, that way your car will be more in focus and the background blur should be blury (if you move the car far enough).
@NotThePrez adding my two cents to say that the closer the camera is to the car, the less of the car will be in focus. It's how it works irl, you can see that by using your phone to make a close up shot of something (without any portrait modes which blur the background digitally) and then getting a bit farther from that object and doing another photo.

Last edited:
I have yet to see any of the Collectibles T-Rexs anywhere. I have credit for 1, but I swear I have been all over Mexico looking for them and have yet to actually see one. Yet I have credit for running one over. Must have been in the dark. Any tips? The last one they were all at the Horizon Festival. So I went and visited all of the Festival sites. Nothing.

I have yet to see any of the Collectibles T-Rexs anywhere. I have credit for 1, but I swear I have been all over Mexico looking for them and have yet to actually see one. Yet I have credit for running one over. Must have been in the dark. Any tips? The last one they were all at the Horizon Festival. So I went and visited all of the Festival sites. Nothing.
The soccer/football field at Playa Azul nearby the house has 4 of them placed like they're playing a game.

The soccer/football field at Playa Azul nearby the house has 4 of them placed like they're playing a game.
In the hour it takes Xbox to upload all the images to OneDrive so I can publish the article each week, I do everything so you don't have to:
Finally there’s a Collectibles event, which will have you hunting the map for dinosaurs. T-Rex on the Run requires you to bash into 15 very colorful Tyrannosaurus objects located around Mexico.

These are hidden (despite being 30-foot tall dinosaurs) in all sorts of places, but hunting in the usual landmark spots will be pretty fruitful — you’ll find a bunch playing football at Playa Azul. Hit 15 (or one, 15 times, with Rewind) to score three points and win a Creative Tee clothing item.
I also found one hiding under a Danger Sign ramp (the main airstrip jump into the river) and one inside the southernmost structure at Ek'Balam, right at the back near the 5k XP board.

Last edited:
Having fun with some photography studios!

Forza Horizon 5 (480).png

Forza Horizon 5 (481).png

Forza Horizon 5 (482).png

Forza Horizon 5 (483).png
Forza Horizon 5 (484).png

There's a good chance you coming 2nd to another RYAN who got tired of coming 2nd to yet another RYAN. 😂

Personally I can't find joy in winning with a meta. I don't judge who use them, it's just my thing I guess. I do use metas too, it's just not working for me when I win in it. Like I could never understood the only guy in the RAESR that did several championships in it. Everyone else was in a normal car. He DNF everyone every single race. I would feel so sad doing that.
That's normally the stance I take, But the problem with the Boneshaker in A class is so bad I see little option. If Forza's servers and lobbies weren't such a pain and slow to load into I would just leave any A class lobby I get into for the forseable future but I would spend most of my time in menus and loading screens and not actually racing.

Last edited:
In the hour it takes Xbox to upload all the images to OneDrive so I can publish the article each week, I do everything so you don't have to:

I also found one hiding under a Danger Sign ramp (the main airstrip jump into the river) and one inside the southernmost structure at Ek'Balam, right at the back near the 5k XP board.
The only one I found on my own was the T-Rex behind the danger sign ramp at the north end of the airport. I saw a tweet about the four playing football in Tulum. And this is the first I’ve heard about the one at Ek’Balam. So that’s six. Does anyone know of any others?

I just went to the football field in Playa Azul and went into Solo, Hit them all then hit rewind, Repeat etc.

Does anyone know the reason this update was called "Customs", I thought this might mean some cool customization options added. Branded Tyres, Sizable rear wings, New Rims Etc.

That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. I can’t believe how open some of them are. I even used the drone in some of the places they show in the video, and I still didn’t see them.
Does anyone know the reason this update was called "Customs", I thought this might mean some cool customization options added. Branded Tyres, Sizable rear wings, New Rims Etc.
I am assuming they mean ”customs” like “traditions” as in “It is the custom of my people to run over big mylar T-Rex balloons over the Easter weekend.”

"Welcome to the Series 6 Update, officially named Horizon Customs as Forza Horizon 5 celebrates both the creative and racing talents of our amazing players with important upgrades to Horizon Open and EventLab which you can read more about below."

"Welcome to the Series 6 Update, officially named Horizon Customs as Forza Horizon 5 celebrates both the creative and racing talents of our amazing players with important upgrades to Horizon Open and EventLab which you can read more about below."

That explains it 👍

I kept wondering why I didnt get any messages asking whether I packed my own luggage 😉

Thank you, I guess it could just be a direct reference to Custom Racing getting added this update also.

Thanks for your assistance with the T-Rex Collectables event. For some reason I didn't see these. I think it may have had to do with getting disconnected from Horizon Live. If I spend a few minutes in the menus, I get that disconnect message. and when I return to Free Roam, no matter how many times I try to reconnect it never does. That may have had a hand in the T Rexs not showing up. This last couple of times I just imeediately went into Free Roam and no issues. The T- Rexs reload and re-populate after knocking them down. So if finding the rest is a problem, simply return later. In the swamp south of Playa Azul, under the bride near the Danger sign there is another T-Rex.

Last edited:
Whoever came up with the Seasonal Championship this week should be shot!
I know I'm rubbish at higher level vehicles but I couldn't get higher than 6th on the first two "hairpin turn followed by tight corner followed by hairpin turn followed by tunnel wall to hit on another hairpin" races, and couldn't be bothered to run thr 3rd race as I was way behind on points...

I know I'm rubbish at higher level vehicles but I couldn't get higher than 6th on the first two "hairpin turn followed by tight corner followed by hairpin turn followed by tunnel wall to hit on another hairpin" races, and couldn't be bothered to run thr 3rd race as I was way behind on points...
If you have the Aston Martin V12 Vantage S or the Mercedes AMG GTR use either of those with these Tunes.

• V12 Vantage S - 128 829 688
  • AMG GTR - 459 349 421
I won't guarantee they will make a huge difference for you but setups from those two guys will give you the best chance 😃

Last edited:
I spent a couple hours in Playground Games chasing badges. I and/or my team won nothing. I kept ending up on the smaller side of unbalanced teams. In one game it was three to two and I was in the team of two. Okay, I get it. Sometimes teams are unbalanced because there isn't an even number of players. In the second round, a new player joined the game. Great! Even teams! No. The new player was added to the other team so it was now four against two. In the third round, our team finally got a third member. The other team got two new players. So it was now six to three. Okay, so winning or losing isn't so important. The badges only care how many round you've played (and I already won the "win three rounds in a row" badge.) Still, it felt like the game was flipping me the bird for two hours straight because I was never on the team with the numerical advantage.

Last edited:
I used the Mercedes-AMG GT R for this Seasonal Championship.

@Populuxe I did 100 rounds of playground games and had similar situations many times. One time I was alone in the last round against six. We started 3 VS 3. New players only joined the opposite team. Or so it look like. Anyway take your time. 100 rounds may look like a small number, but it's still a grind if you focus only on that.

Badges are clearly meant to be completed in a long run. Someone will get all the badges in a year or even more. Others finished it in two weeks. No wonder why so many stopped doing Open at 10M. It's a huge grind. I got 100 races, 100 PGG and 50 drift at 2.5M. Should I repeat all that 3 times more? I really don't know if I will ever get there. For now I'm only racing. But I also start to feel the grind. Will be back to drifting and tag games eventually... 10M...

Getting the Superstar badge in FH4 is a piece of cake compared to this. But yet I'm glad they added this time sinking activity. And in a week we will get 300 new championships added to the Tour. I'm good for a year even without the expansions. 😁
Now if only we could get some new cars for Eliminator.

Just wanted to say I had a couple of really nice experiences with the game this week. Last night I was looking for the mural in my green Focus RS for the weekly festival playlist, and spotted another player in the same car. They beeped for me to follow and lead me to where the mural was, which was nice of them!

Just the night before, I was at the airport dragstrip and met another driver and we started a series of drag races, revving then beeping for the start (go on 3rd beep) and changing cars so we eventually matched each other roughly in performance. Then we started doing the jump at the end too and driving back up the hill until we got bored.

There is a great community hanging out in this game, people who just love messing around in cars. All this just came from 2 people playing freely like you would in real life as kids, rather than being organised by the game.

VXR
Since I'm at work, does the roof work on the 991 Speedster?
During the stream there was no option visible on the screen. But as you can see at 51:35 the car did load with a roof on and than it changed to spider. Looks more like a bug, but will see soon.

Edit: Ok, just a minute later he put the roof back on. It's not a bug. 😅

Last edited:
Back