Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Despite having a face only a mother can love (and even then), the new M4 is also surprisingly not great to drive.
I completely agree. Yet, for some reason, I like driving it :P

gRiLLe iS sO HuGe...

bmws-that-will-be-missed-bmw-303_1.jpg

Hey everyone! Took a break from the festival for a couple of months. Got back into the game and was unpleasantly surprised when found out they still didn't fix the issue with the first weekly challenge chapter. Are there any solid fixes other then resetting the game and console until it works?

With the introduction of Series 11 on the 18th of August, we now most likely have 4 more Series updates to round out 2022.

August 18th: Series 11, Rami's Racing History
September 15th: Series 12, Horizon Road Trip
October 13th: Series 13, ????
November 10th, Series 14, ????
December 8th, Series 15, ????

Now we know one of these Series is going to be have a Donut Media Horizon Story in it and it's safe to assume the rest of the Series theme will be Donut Media focused. The date given was Q4 2022 - which could theoretically be any of Series 13, 14 or 15. My guess is Series 14 in November.

So that leaves two Series here unaccounted for. One in October, Series 13. One in December, Series 15. What could these be?

Well one speculation for the October Series could be that it's conveniently Horizon's 10 year anniversary coming up in October. Of course many have theorized a remaster could be in the works to celebrate the occasion but I doubt that. What's more likely I think is an incorporation of that anniversary into FH5. And what better way to do it that theme a Series playlist around it. You can theme events and challenges around all the cars from FH1 that are still in the game today. There's plenty of FH1 vehicles ready to port over from FH4 like the Shelby 1000, Saleen S5S Raptor, Merc SL65 Black Series etc. The Ford GTX1's thumbnail was leaked as well, another FH1 exclusive vehicle. You could even do a Horizon 1 themed story where a character from FH1 returns to challenge you in Mexico (Darius Flynt in the 599XX perhaps? Also car conveniently not in FH5). To me that makes a lot of sense.

Now of course that could be completely wrong, and PG makes no mention of the 10 year anniversary aside from a tweet or something. But I think it's a plausible update.

Now onto the December update.

If you remember back to FH4, the December 2019 update introduced Eliminator to the game. It was certainly one of Horizon 4's bigger updates. This update was the December update one year after the game released, much like Series 15 will be for Horizon 5. Now I know it's a bit of a stretch to say "well Horizon 4 had a big update at this point, so Horizon 5 must have a big one here as well" and we still don't have expansion 2 (which I think will be Q1 2023 IMO)

Buuuuuuuuut, we still have a number of in-game leaks pointing at a bigger update coming - with the unused Barn Finds and recently discovered badges a couple of pages back - there could be something bigger in the works centered around the community. The Peel P50 was a community goal reward car for Christmas, something which was done once to not return again. It would make sense to bring this community goal back for Christmas 2022 - perhaps with a new feature or game mode being the task players need to complete and the Barn Finds being the rewards.

Again, all very speculative, but plausible. So to summise my update predictions;

September 15th: Series 12, Horizon Road Trip
October 13th: Series 13, Horizon Colorado Anniversary
November 10th, Series 14, Donut Media Takeover
December 8th, Series 15, Bigger feature/game mode introduced with Community Goal rewards returning

Been a very slow day at work haha.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Took a break from the festival for a couple of months. Got back into the game and was unpleasantly surprised when found out they still didn't fix the issue with the first weekly challenge chapter. Are there any solid fixes other then resetting the game and console until it works?
I have this problem a lot too. I’m on Xbox series X and found a solution that I read about the other day worked for me. You have to go into settings and switch from performance mode to quality under graphics, or vise versa. Once I did that it registered the car and I could switch back to performance.

Last edited:
I've been feeling a bit out of it lately, but I finally fired up the Series S and took as stab at the weekly playlist. Got the Weekly Challenge out of the way in three, and tackled the Totally Tubular championship because seriously, who can't use another Reliant Supervan? It was a weird championship for me, though. I used my D500 1970 Range Rover but I couldn't win a single race. After two races I was fifth overall in the standings at only 28 points, a full 12 points behind the leader. I finished third in the final, but the other guy finished with only two points, so I tied for first, 42-42. It was enough for the championship win and the Reliant, but still, I have no idea why it was such a struggle.

Last edited:
I've been feeling a bit out of it lately, but I finally fired up the Series S and took as stab at the weekly playlist. Got the the Weekly Challenge out of the way in three, and tackled the Totally Tubular championship because seriously, who can't use another Reliant Supervan? It was a weird championship for me, though. I used my D500 1970 Range Rover but I couldn't win a single race. After two races I was fifth overall in the standings at only 28 points, a full 12 points behind the leader. I finished third in the final, but the other guy finished with only two points, so I tied for first, 42-42. It was enough for the championship win and the Reliant, but still, I have no idea why it was such a struggle.
This championship was probably the most difficult of the season.
The reason for this, however, is that in the class D cross-country conditions, the cheats that drivatar uses when jumping are very advantageous.

I used a Jeep CJ5 as I thought the Land Rover was too heavy to use in this class. Power build with stock tires and most of the PI allocated to power.
As expected, I had an advantage over them on the straights and in the corners.
But jumps are the only exception. They do a cheating boost just before the jump and make a perfect landing with no deceleration at all.
I also downshift just before landing and do everything possible to counter the shock and deceleration of the landing, but I still cannot compete with the cheats they use.

And the advantage of this cheat is stronger in the lower classes where it is difficult to compensate for this deceleration with power. It's a bad joke. :indiff:

Well one speculation for the October Series could be that it's conveniently Horizon's 10 year anniversary coming up in October. Of course many have theorized a remaster could be in the works to celebrate the occasion but I doubt that. What's more likely I think is an incorporation of that anniversary into FH5. And what better way to do it that theme a Series playlist around it. You can theme events and challenges around all the cars from FH1 that are still in the game today. There's plenty of FH1 vehicles ready to port over from FH4 like the Shelby 1000, Saleen S5S Raptor, Merc SL65 Black Series etc. The Ford GTX1's thumbnail was leaked as well, another FH1 exclusive vehicle. You could even do a Horizon 1 themed story where a character from FH1 returns to challenge you in Mexico (Darius Flynt in the 599XX perhaps? Also car conveniently not in FH5). To me that makes a lot of sense.
Hopefully, Playground would have the guts to add more FH-exclusive cars, especially DLC cars like the:
  • 2011 Alfa Romeo TZ3 Zagato (April Top Gear Car Pack; although it may depend if Playground gets an FCA Italy license)
  • 2012 Aston Martin Virage (DLC car for Motorsport 4, and pre-order bonus for Forza Horizon; Wheel textures for it are in the files)
  • 2011 Audi R8 GT
  • 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
  • 2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
  • 2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR-X
  • 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (October Car Pack; Perfect for a Mustang v Mustang-styled showcase remix)
  • 2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged (October Car Pack)
  • 2012 Honda HPD Fit (Honda Challenge Pack)
  • 2009 Koenigsegg CCX-R
  • 2012 Lexus LFA Nurburgring (January Recaro Car Pack)
  • 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser (February Jalopnik Car Pack)
  • 2013 BMW M135i (March Meguiar's Car Pack)

The Hummer H1 Open-Top was also added in FH4 too.

• 2012 Aston Martin Virage (DLC car for Motorsport 4, and pre-order bonus for Forza Horizon)
  • 2011 Audi R8 GT
  • 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
  • 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (October Car Pack)
  • 2009 Koenigsegg CCX-R
1661596875293.gif

Hopefully, Playground would have the guts to add more FH-exclusive cars, especially DLC cars like the:
  • 2011 Alfa Romeo TZ3 Zagato (April Top Gear Car Pack; although it may depend if Playground gets an FCA Italy license)
  • 2012 Aston Martin Virage (DLC car for Motorsport 4, and pre-order bonus for Forza Horizon; Wheel textures for it are in the files)
  • 2011 Audi R8 GT
  • 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
  • 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (October Car Pack; Perfect for a Mustang v Mustang-styled showcase remix)
  • 2009 Koenigsegg CCX-R

I am especially waiting for the FJ Cruiser. I want to run this car and the OG Landcruiser together.

The reason for this, however, is that in the class D cross-country conditions, the cheats that drivatar uses when jumping are very advantageous.

For anyone that struggles with that one > Use the International Scout with any of the most popular tunes for D class. That car seems to be the meta for cross country in many classes and so you beat the AI in the seasonal championchip easy ;)

Example from my first race:

Forza Horizon 5 27.08.2022 14_40_09.png

Last edited:
I have this problem a lot too. I’m on Xbox series X and found a solution that I read about the other day worked for me. You have to go into settings and switch from performance mode to quality under graphics, or vise versa. Once I did that it registered the car and I could switch back to performance.
Thanks! I logged in again yesterday and somehow it worked without any extra steps. I'll keep your solution in mind for the next time this happens - doesn't look like this problem bothers PG too much.

Started Hot Wheels campaign yesterday and so far it is really fun! Can't wrap my head around physics sometimes, but all in all it looks and plays amazingly.

• 2011 Audi R8 GT
  • 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
  • 2009 Koenigsegg CCX-R

Isn't Gumpert no more? Or did they get rebranded to Apollo?

I'd also like to see the Ford GTX-1 make a return.

Last edited:
Isn't Gumpert no more? Or did they get rebranded to Apollo?

I'd also like to see the Ford GTX-1 make a return.
Gumpert went bankrupt in 2013 and was acquired by a Hong Kong investor and renamed Apollo Automobil.
Mr. Gumpert left Apollo and now has his own brand called RG.

It may be difficult to add the Gumpert Apollo to the game as it was then, but since the Apollo N, the final model of the Gumpert Apollo released after the rebranding to Apollo Automobil, appeared in Asphalt 9, there would probably be no licensing issues with Apollo Automobil/Mr. Gumpert in adding this version to the game.

46288008-ced2-4111-a897-0ecb79846737.png

I'm not a happy bunny right now. I was attempting to beat 1810ft on the Desert Dunes Danger Sign tonight and the game has glitched and done me over. Me and another player on the map hit the jump together (coincidence, I don't even know who they were) and the game has combined our distances. I now look like a cheat. I try really hard on the Danger Signs and have some very good distances all of which are 100% legit. This now makes me look like a cheater and I am fuming.

View attachment 1187834

I'm not a happy bunny right now. I was attempting to beat 1810ft on the Desert Dunes Danger Sign tonight and the game has glitched and done me over. Me and another player on the map hit the jump together (coincidence, I don't even know who they were) and the game has combined our distances. I now look like a cheat. I try really hard on the Danger Signs and have some very good distances all of which are 100% legit. This now makes me look like a cheater and I am fuming.
Best thing you can do is report it to PGG. If you have a clip, that'd be very helpful too.

So I'm trying the game out with my wheel for the first time after several of my friends said it was terrible and it's... not terrible, but I'm having an issue with the shifting. Pretty frequently it double upshifts/downshifts on pulling the paddle. I don't see a shift delay option like PC2 has to adjust, anyone experienced the same thing and know of a fix?

I'm on Xbox, the wheel is a Thrustmaster TX 458 GTE rim... or whatever the hell it's called, the upgraded rubber grip one, and it doesn't do it on any other title that I've used it on (PC2, AC, ACC, Euro Truck Racing, CarX, etc).

Last edited:

I used a Jeep CJ5 as I thought the Land Rover was too heavy to use in this class. Power build with stock tires and most of the PI allocated to power.
As expected, I had an advantage over them on the straights and in the corners.
But jumps are the only exception. They do a cheating boost just before the jump and make a perfect landing with no deceleration at all.
I also downshift just before landing and do everything possible to counter the shock and deceleration of the landing, but I still cannot compete with the cheats they use.

And the advantage of this cheat is stronger in the lower classes where it is difficult to compensate for this deceleration with power. It's a bad joke. :indiff:
The cheating is ridiculous. I used the stock International Scout I think and won 2/3 races. The first I did I just finished 2nd, as I lead after the jump into Mùlege just before the finish, then one of the AI overtook me just on the line, despite my best efforts to thwart it.

@sirjim73 me and you are bona fide internet celebrities my friend.

JakeXVX is a Youtuber I watch who makes FH5 videos. He's used our posts on the 3 found logos in the files on one of his videos:

We're quickly shown at about the 04:30 point. Crack out the fine champagne and monster munch we are famous 😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Best thing you can do is report it to PGG. If you have a clip, that'd be very helpful too.
I submitted a ticket and have a reply saying the usual, the issue is resolved. Oh well just wait for them to delete the distance I suppose when they tidy up the leaderboards. So annoyed.

@sirjim73 me and you are bona fide internet celebrities my friend.

JakeXVX is a Youtuber I watch who makes FH5 videos. He's used our posts on the 3 found logos in the files on one of his videos:

We're quickly shown at about the 04:30 point. Crack out the fine champagne and monster munch we are famous 😂😂😂😂😂

Well, it was clearly just a matter of time.

I bet @Jordan can't wait to tell his grandchildren about the time he met me at the GT Sport unveiling event at The Orange Box in London.

Anyway, forget the Monster Munch, this calls for pizza ;)

Last edited:
For anyone that struggles with that one > Use the International Scout with any of the most popular tunes for D class. That car seems to be the meta for cross country in many classes and so you beat the AI in the seasonal championchip easy ;)

Example from my first race:

View attachment 1187388
I vouch for the IH Scout 800A. Three relatively easy wins in stock form!

As for the seasonal PR stunts, I just dropped the hammer...
Power broker MB.jpg

Back