Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
I let my gamepass lapse, was only using it for FH5 and for whatever reason the hotwheels dlc just isn’t doing it for me. Went from simcade to arcade pretty quick. I’ll resub again at some point just to check in on rivals times in Mexico, but just have lost all interest in the orange tracks. Funny enough, I’ve been playing F12021 more then ever. I also might finally pick up GT7 next time it goes on sale.

So the updated Volvo logo in one of the previous updates got me curious about what other manufacturer logos are out of date, so I did research.

I only checked the big manufacturers, not the small ones, so here’s a list of logos that are outdated and need to be changed to the current ones:
  • BMW
  • Dodge
  • Opel
  • Peugeot
  • Vauxhall
The most interesting ones are BMW and Dodge, since we got new cars for both of these, and yet the logos haven’t been updated yet for either.

Posted this on reddit and wanted to ask here too, so

I've been playing Forza for a couple of years now, but one thing I still struggle a bit with is steering controls. For example, when I want to make a slight but long turn I'd like to slightly press the stick for the car to smoothly and slowly turn with the road so to speak. Instead, it's always turning too much at once, so instead I have to slightly push the stick multiple times to make this feel more natural.

I tried playing around with all steering options including linearity but no luck. In Gran Turismo I am able to turn smoothly on a default setting, and I managed to set it up in a similar way in F1 game (as far as I remember thanks to linearity option).

Anyone is feeling the same way? Any other options to make the turns more smooth and accurate?

So the updated Volvo logo in one of the previous updates got me curious about what other manufacturer logos are out of date, so I did research.

I only checked the big manufacturers, not the small ones, so here’s a list of logos that are outdated and need to be changed to the current ones:
  • BMW
  • Dodge
  • Opel
  • Peugeot
  • Vauxhall
The most interesting ones are BMW and Dodge, since we got new cars for both of these, and yet the logos haven’t been updated yet for either.
We haven't gotten any new cars from Dodge, I think the latest one we have is the Coronet. The only "New To Forza" car I can think of is the Charger Redeye. I don't know what's in the leak list, but doubt it's in there.

Last edited:
We haven't gotten any new cars from Dodge, I think the latest one we have is the Coronet. The only "New To Forza" car I can think of is the Charger Redeye. I don't know what's in the leak list, but doubt it's in there.

We did also get the Magnum SRT8 as part of the car pass.

I was talking about brand new Dodge cars from 2020-Present. I think if we get a fresh new car, then they would probably update the logo.

I was talking about brand new Dodge cars from 2020-Present. I think if we get a fresh new car, then they would probably update the logo.

Actually Dodge has been using their new logo since 2016, and from that year onwards we’ve gotten the Viper ACR, the Challenger Demon and the Durango SRT as far as new to Forza cars go.

As for any new cars we could get in the future, a Charger RedEye or a Durango Hellcat are the best bets, unless PG/T10 somehow manage to get their hands on the new Charger EV to model.

Just in case someone (i.e. me until a couple minutes ago) still didn't have one of the most expensive cars in the game, it's in the Forzathon Shop today only for dirt cheap.

Incidentally this means I now own every single car that launched with the game, along with all the Car Pass/DLC/Hot Wheels cars, and every seasonal/playlist-only car except the ones that have yet to be attainable until later this season.

1661964418129.png

I just found this and I love it.
9D9AEC8D-9380-49D1-9E5A-075FEDEF8124.png

Someone has built a full-sized USS Nimitz aircraft carrier in the middle of the bay in the southwest corner of the map.
80B8387C-CA82-464A-B6E9-07F96AC30841.png

It’s even filled with planes. (Okay, they’re crop dusters, not fighter jets, but whaddaya gonna do?)
D67875C5-B739-412C-B06E-AFCA22FB3B5A.png

The big flight deck gives plenty of room to show off your drifting skills. (I have no drifting skills.)
064F4294-F492-40CE-A488-631CB559997A.png

I seriously had a lot of fun with this one. The start point is the Descansar Dorado Sprint.

I just found this and I love it.
View attachment 1188846

Someone has built a full-sized USS Nimitz aircraft carrier in the middle of the bay in the southwest corner of the map.
View attachment 1188847

It’s even filled with planes. (Okay, they’re crop dusters, not fighter jets, but whaddaya gonna do?)
View attachment 1188849

The big flight deck gives plenty of room to show off your drifting skills. (I have no drifting skills.)
View attachment 1188848

I seriously had a lot of fun with this one. The start point is the Descansar Dorado Sprint.
Well, I know what I'm doing today after the playlist! Thank you for finding this gem!

Gumpert went bankrupt in 2013 and was acquired by a Hong Kong investor and renamed Apollo Automobil.
Mr. Gumpert left Apollo and now has his own brand called RG.

It may be difficult to add the Gumpert Apollo to the game as it was then, but since the Apollo N, the final model of the Gumpert Apollo released after the rebranding to Apollo Automobil, appeared in Asphalt 9, there would probably be no licensing issues with Apollo Automobil/Mr. Gumpert in adding this version to the game.
Don't forget that NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered retained the original Gumpert Apollo S despite the new company name/structure.

About this week’s trial: A flock of stock engine Volvo 850 R’s sounds more like a bee hive than well… a flock of Volvo 850 R’s. 😅
Also about this week's trial: Guess who had the genius idea to take out his black 850 to do the trial, only then realising all the AI are also using black 850s... Yeah, that went about as well as you think.

I needed about 30 points to get the 300SLR so I decided to start with the Trial. We won the first race but lost the next two. Not good. In my next try, we won the first race again, but were losing the second race. So on the last lap, I intentionally dropped from fifth place to eighth (our team held those four positions so it didn't matter points-wise.) I then blocked the AI to allow one of our teammates to improve from 11th to 9th. It was a swing of 400 points, enough to get us the win and let me finally be done with the Trial. And now I have the Legacy RS and the 300SLR.
52327853538_e1843e9d10_o.png

52326655997_e32a4fdb34_o.png

Just wondering, I got a prestige a week ago and now I'm level (*1) 75 (Can't get enough of this game!!), is there a benefit except for veterandom or is it just to show off? I swear I think I've been getting a bit less 10k and minus prizes and I even won a Ferrari legend worth 2 millions or maybe even more.

Just wondering, I got a prestige a week ago and now I'm level (*1) 75 (Can't get enough of this game!!), is there a benefit except for veterandom or is it just to show off? I swear I think I've been getting a bit less 10k and minus prizes and I even won a Ferrari legend worth 2 millions or maybe even more.
Prestige doesn't do anything and it's just for show off, I guess.

Must confess haven't played the game lately much but still trying to get all the cars anyway. Today logged in and found 5 points for Autumn. All my progression for Autumn gone. Haven't had this issue since December. So now I'm without the Commodore and had to spend 143 mil for the Merc since I can't manage to get 160 points anymore. That Merc is now worth 20% of the entire collection and it's the most expensive car I ever bought in any game. Now I'm broke again but I don't regret buying it since I just love how it handle in B class. Even on vintage tires.

@RazorSharkz don't forget next week the Honda you were looking for is a prize for Spring Trial. Or maybe you got one already.

Was lucky with the trial yesterday, there were only four of us and everyone was decent. We won the first race with a small margin but only because the person in P1 got greedy on the last corner, cut too much and missed the checkpoint. We crushed the AIs in the second race getting four top spots.

I'm on a quest to try and get the 722, I missed most of the first season and don't have access to the Hot Wheels events yet, so it will be close. I still got the car via voucher which I didn't know about. Will probably sell or gift the second one.

You still had the voucher after all this time? That is awesome! 👍
Nah, I bought the premium add on pack (don't remember the correct name, but it includes all story DLCs, car pass and all the other extras) one month ago. Never knew a voucher was included before one random comment on reddit mentioned it.

I needed about 30 points to get the 300SLR so I decided to start with the Trial. We won the first race but lost the next two. Not good. In my next try, we won the first race again, but were losing the second race. So on the last lap, I intentionally dropped from fifth place to eighth (our team held those four positions so it didn't matter points-wise.) I then blocked the AI to allow one of our teammates to improve from 11th to 9th. It was a swing of 400 points, enough to get us the win and let me finally be done with the Trial. And now I have the Legacy RS and the 300SLR.
View attachment 1189129
View attachment 1189130
I’m missing 31 points but can’t be arsed to get the SLR this week, I already did all I wanted/needed for this week.

Next week I need 5 -> 40 = 35 more points anyway to get both the M3 GTS and that Chinese car. ☺️

You still had the voucher after all this time? That is awesome! 👍

I've still got mine. I figured I'd leave it for the last super-expensive car that I'd be missing in order to complete the set, and they've all gradually turned up in wheelspins or the shop, so it's still on the shelf. If you could put the SLR on the auction house for 143 million I'd maybe have considered using it, but I only want one of them.

Latest Posts

Back