Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,947 comments
Forza Horizon 6 minimum spec:

IMG_20230105_031008.jpg

That should get the player numbers up... #nokidsallowed :lol:

Last edited:
Given the absolute lack of noise or information from PG about S16, with it arriving in 20 minutes, I'm wondering if the Hoonigan-heavy prize car list will - after Ken Block's death two days ago - result in a switch to a backup Playlist.

Probably not, but it is baffling they've got a Let's Go/Forza Monthly scheduled for the day after the Series starts and, aside from a brief run-through back in December's Monthly, shared nothing about S16. Even today's "official blog post" isn't here yet...

There is only one thing I wish to God.
Do not include Del Sol and FTO. These two cars are my favorites. But in FH5 they reduce the chances of re-acquiring exclusive cars and snipe in the AH is difficult.
In other words, if these two cars are chosen as exclusive cars in the next update, I will suffer from only being able to own one of these great cars for a few months.

If these two cars are included in Expansion 2, I will (probably) be able to purchase as many as I want, so please do it that way...

Cannot wait to get the new 911 Turbo S, 911 GT3 RS and 4 returning Aston Martins to celebrate the Japanese automotive industry! :P
Or a pizza delivery van, kebab van, fish and chip van and mobile burger bar to celebrate Japanese cuisine.

Maybe they'll give us the Nissan Z they kept back. Hopefully the LC500 will show up too. And maybe, just maybe, they give us Kei cars.

But I know they'll phone it in, look at what happened to the Donut Media and now Fordzathon. They hype up everything and absolutely cannot deliver. It's appalling, really.

Last edited:
Oh boy...

Every reward car in this would most likely be a Japanese car. These can include based from past leaks (pick 4-5 from this selection):
  • 2023 Nissan Z (NTF)
  • 1995 Toyota MR-2 GTS (good Recycled car)
  • 1973 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Recycled car)
  • 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R (360 returnee)
  • 1973 Mazda RX-3 (another good Recycled car)
  • 1970 Mazda 110S Cosmo (another good recycled car)
  • 1965 Toyota Sports 800 (NTF)
  • 1999 Honda Civic SI (360 returnee)
  • 1995 Honda CRX Del Sol (360 returnee)
  • 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Racer (NTF)
  • 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite (another good recycled car)
  • 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster (another Recycled car)
  • 1966 Nissan Silvia (another recycled car)
  • 1970 Honda S800 (another recycled car)
  • 1967 Nissan R380-II (not really a fit recycled car for Horizon)
  • 1985 Nissan Safari Turbo (another good recycled car)
  • 1996 Subaru SVX (another good recycled car)
  • 2016 Lexus LC 500 (NTF)
  • 2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport (another recycled car)
  • 2014 Lexus IS 350 F Sport (another recycled car)

The devs mentioned that "Series 17 would prolly be a big update". Although I have little to no expectations towards it other than being another one of these terrible updates.

Last edited:
I usually don't mind, but this is the worst Playlist I've seen so far - beyond Extreme E and German Excellence.

I get it, the office was closed for three weeks and they didn't have time to finalise something better, but it's so uninspired and turgid.

The timing of the Hoonigan stuff doesn't help, nor does the fact there's complete silence from PG across social media and the official site.

We’ll share more details about these cars, including the unlock criteria, in our #FORDzathon blog on January 5, 2023.
4.30pm guys, two hours after it became available and an hour from knocking off. Chop chop.

Even the official forum playlist post was more after-the-fact than usual...

It all feels like... everyone's bored of it.

My best guess for the Japanese automotive thing.... I bet it's classic Japanese cars such as the return of the Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S, Toyota Sports 800, Toyota Corolla SR5 and maybe....Either the Mitsubishi FTO or the Subaru SVX?

My best guess for the Japanese automotive thing.... I bet it's classic Japanese cars such as the return of the Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S, Toyota Sports 800, Toyota Corolla SR5 and maybe....Either the Mitsubishi FTO or the Subaru SVX?
We'll see in 3 weeks, but this IS Playground we're talkin' about. They always find new ways to disappoint players. The German Excellence series was good as the carpass was still around. Now, nothin'.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what kind of Japanese themed event labs PG are going to pick. There are lots of really good ones in there. Also, I'm soooo gonna try out that Tsukuba Circuit custom map. T10, hint hint for its return in FM? :embarrassed:

Last edited:
I get the gripes over the Donut Media partnership and the slapdash story/theme that went with it, but the only thing that makes Fordzathon seem weird as a theme this season is the fact that there aren't any new-to-game Fords as reward cars (and if there were, oh boy, I can imagine the "how many Mustangs do we really need???" gripes all over again). But every 40-point weekly reward car and all the event themes are still Ford-centric, we're just not getting a returning (excuse me: "meh, recycled") XB Falcon or Country Squire or whatever. It's kind of disappointing, and I wish this would've been accompanied by more surprises ('69 Torino Talladega? an '80s Bronco?), but at this point I've made my peace with Horizon 5 being a good-to-great driving game that isn't as great as it could be, and any anger and frustration directed at Playground beyond just a disappointed shrug seems like overkill compared to what's happening at almost every other major developer. (PG's dropped the ball a couple times, but it could be worse: they could be Blizzard.)

Back