Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,946 comments
I don't think McLaren or Mercedes ever want that car to surface again in fairness, I hear the project is sort of a black sheep for both brands.
and yet McLaren Special Operation released a full update package for the SLR as of last year, so the car is not really in limbo, it has probably more to do with the whole licensing of the car, is it a Mercedes, is it a McLaren. Gran Turismo has it so maybe there is a technicality in the licensing terms that permit that. Who knows ?

FH5 Release Notes: April 5th, 2023 (Hotfix)​

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

Version Number:
  • Xbox One: 2.576.537.0
  • Xbox Series: 3.576.537.0
  • PC: 3.576.537.0
  • Steam: 1.576.537.0

General
  • Fixed an issue where the game could crash while loading a car tuning made before the previous update
  • Fixed an issue in Horizon Rally where pace notes were inaudible for non-English languages
  • Fixed an issue with the UI where certain rewards for collecting cars were displaying incorrect credit values
  • Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to re-acquire Rally Adventure cars from the Autoshow after unlocking those through the campaign
  • Game stability fixes

5.94 GB on Win Store

Last edited:
and yet McLaren Special Operation released a full update package for the SLR as of last year, so the car is not really in limbo, it has probably more to do with the whole licensing of the car, is it a Mercedes, is it a McLaren. Gran Turismo has it so maybe there is a technicality in the licensing terms that permit that. Who knows ?
It's both. Mercedes styled, McLaren built (which is why their MSO decided to add it to their Heritage division).

It could be an issue of both manufacturers wanting an equal share of money or requirements for the model, & I assume that could turn off a developer having to satisfy two parties for 1 car. I think it's been pretty documented though, that both manufacturers are not in any rush to have the car in the digital world. It was after all, in an era of turmoil between the 2 in F1 & the car ending production during the split.

It's both. Mercedes styled, McLaren built (which is why their MSO decided to add it to their Heritage division).

It could be an issue of both manufacturers wanting an equal share of money or requirements for the model, & I assume that could turn off a developer having to satisfy two parties for 1 car. I think it's been pretty documented though, that both manufacturers are not in any rush to have the car in the digital world. It was after all, in an era of turmoil between the 2 in F1 & the car ending production during the split.
Now we wait for @mercedes to reply 😁

You need to be on Rally Adventure map and than access it from the Rally Adventure menu. The same as HW expansion.
I swear I've tried this and it prompts me to travel back to the Mainland. I'll try again later.

Edit: Im dumb, Its right there in the RA menu... For some reason I thought that was the Tour option.

FH5 Release Notes: April 5th, 2023 (Hotfix)​

General

• Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to re-acquire Rally Adventure cars from the Autoshow after unlocking those through the campaign
Nice, That didn't take long.

Last edited:
I'm not really into EV but I'm really starting to like the Lightning, like a lot. The jet engine sound, off road handling, the look... ok, maybe not the look 😁.
Fs-2u3iXgAQx0yi

Anyway made a C class build and tried some rivals. I wasn't expecting much. It's really slow compared to others but it's still very good off road. Actually didn't expect to beat some really fast drivers in meta cars in Cross Country. I wonder how good it can be with proper tuning in the right hands.
Fs-w1S2WcAQXGGF

Last edited:
Edit: Im dumb, Its right there in the RA menu... For some reason I thought that was the Tour option.
I was hosting my weekly club on Monday, and my muscle memory for matchmaking resulted in me skipping over the Rally Adventure Horizon Open option multiple times 🫠

I'm not really into EV but I'm really starting to like the Lightning, like a lot. The jet engine sound, off road handling, the look... ok, maybe not the look 😁.
Fs-2u3iXgAQx0yi

Anyway made a C class build and tried some rivals. I wasn't expecting much. It's really slow compared to others but it's still very good off road. Actually didn't expect to beat some really fast drivers in meta cars in Cross Country. I wonder how good it can be with proper tuning in the right hands.
Fs-w1S2WcAQXGGF
I have it a brief shot in B-Class Cross Country a few days ago. It’s basically meta, sets identical times to the International Scout.

The jet engine sound
This is exactly why I love this truck.
Despite being an EV that is supposed to be quiet, this truck is very noisy.
I don't know if that noise is the motor screaming or the transmission noise like the Formula E cars, and I don't know if the real F-150 Lightning is as loud.

But in the racing game, being louder is a virtue.

So they messed up and while adding the DLC cars to the Autoshow with the Patch they forgot to add the #4 McRae Focus RS... So it's still not possible to get another😐

So, I have a bug currently where when I use the F-150 Lightning, the game crashes to the dashboard time I finish a race with it. Anyone else experience this? This is on Series X.

So they messed up and while adding the DLC cars to the Autoshow with the Patch they forgot to add the #4 McRae Focus RS... So it's still not possible to get another😐
That is really frustrating. You can auction it so it might appear (saw one today), but I refuse dealing with snipers.

Speaking of AH for some reason you can sell the Lightning for 700k (100k in the autoshow) in half a second. Players are sniping autoshow cars too... It's not even hard to get the car for free.

I want to drive around Mexico in my Weismann MF5 Black Edition with Sepultura playing ....

Someone's got absolutely prime taste in music. :D

Makes mental note: leave Grit Reapers till last...

Am I the only one who started with Grit Reapers? Surely I am not... It's an amazing workout on the wheel, even if I had to drop my wheel angle to 360 instead of my usual 540.

Am I the only one who started with Grit Reapers?
I also did, primarily because I felt the races would be much more annoying with the crap visibility made worse by helicopter dust and searchlights and the PR Stunts definitely would be as Drift Zones, so I wanted to get it all out of the way first.

And I was right. Everything was much nicer after that.

Edit: Okay, what the smeg? I always try out - when I have time - the EventLabs for each season before they go live and... I just don't get it. Why are they consistently picking these creations?

One of them is okay, I guess, while the other is a boring as hell loop with grabby walls (because they're overlaid badly and in the wrong direction, again), makes some bizarre claims about cops in the description (there are no cops), and the creator has used the custom ruleset to put what looks like ASCII kitten smileys and an advert for their own YouTube channel in the race data boxes in the corner. And both are absolute crap as a solo lap; Playlist EventLabs are always one-car events, for no reason I can determine, and even decent ones suck without any AI.

The only thing they appear to have in common is that the creators have spent approximately 1800% of the props budget somehow on making a city environment (LA and I think Hong Kong) for them which results in a framerate on the Xbox Series X of about three* again. Christ alone only knows what it'll be like on Xbox One. Did anyone actually try them to see if they're playable?

A bad track with no opponents isn't a good event just because it has a completely different setting achieved through use of props. For the love of bees, pick an interesting circuit with some creative use of the way you can change rules and physics and PUT SOME BASTARD AI IN THE RACES. Especially if you're going to burn through two a week; the bottom of the barrel will be scraped through to Mauritius before long.

*Okay, 60 most of the time with some very obvious drops to 25ish.

Last edited:
Edit: Okay, what the smeg? I always try out - when I have time - the EventLabs for each season before they go live and... I just don't get it. Why are they consistently picking these creations?

I don't know what the fascination is with adding these to the playlists. I have no performance issues with them due to playing on PC but I still find them unenjoyable for the most part and would much prefer something else in their place.

I remember a well made RallyCross track at the old aerodrome that actually had AI and a Few Rally Stages that were pretty fun back when it was just one Eventlab a week. Since then I just end up doing them first to get the worst out of the way when a new playlist comes around.

(Unless there's a Playground games, Then I definitely get that rubbish out the way first) 😐

Last edited:
I'm not hating event labs either. It's really just a showcase for possibilities the builder provide. And I like they are using players creations too. I really don't care about VuuKuu or whatever, but I'm still happy for him. As I'm happy for everyone else that got or will get their creations featured in any Playlist.
Sure this week creations were heavy on my Xbone but I still appreciate it. And the work behind it.

Well we can't be having that can we! Challenge accepted 😄👍
What challenge? I'm constantly beaten badly by you in any rival event. 😅
Anyway I'm impressed. You are top 100! Congratulations!! Guess the Lightning is a meta in C class CC too. Pay2win?

BASTARD AI
I suspect the reason they don't use more user created tracks or have AI racing on the ones they do is how badly they're likely to perform on the lower end platforms given their lack of optimisation.

Maybe this'll be less of a problem in future Horizons assuming that they use the current gen-only engine from the forthcoming Forza Motorsport game (and that PG are prepared to accept the resultant drop in player numbers).

Last edited:
I'm not hating event labs either. It's really just a showcase for possibilities the builder provide. And I like they are using players creations too. I really don't care about VuuKuu or whatever, but I'm still happy for him. As I'm happy for everyone else that got or will get their creations featured in any Playlist.
Sure this week creations were heavy on my Xbone but I still appreciate it. And the work behind it.

What challenge? I'm constantly beaten badly by you in any rival event. 😅
Anyway I'm impressed. You are top 100! Congratulations!! Guess the Lightning is a meta in C class CC too. Pay2win?
I guess my thoughts on them aren't as bad as I first made out, I appreciate PG showcasing player created content. I just wish they would start showing some of the more fun to actually play creations. There are some great player created circuits and routes that AI would work great with. Just because they don't use an insane amount of props and took 10 hours to make they don't seem to get chosen.

Sure, The Miami Vice and the Neon City creations from last week looked great but just having to do 3 laps alone isn't that much fun.

Yeah the Lightning is pretty OP it seems 👍 I used your tune too! I've tried a few C class tunes so far and yours is the best. The others didn't seem to want to turn at all.

Last edited:
I personally think the best EventLab creations (in terms of actually driving them) to be used are ones that don't stray too far off from PG's own courses. The rallycross ones we've had in the past were great fun for example. Stuff like the Miami Vice one and the Tokyo recreation were fun in their own right but are more suited for photo ops more than anything.

I personally think the best EventLab creations (in terms of actually driving them) to be used are ones that don't stray too far off from PG's own courses. The rallycross ones we've had in the past were great fun for example. Stuff like the Miami Vice one and the Tokyo recreation were fun in their own right but are more suited for photo ops more than anything.
My sentiments exactly 👍 We may be referring to the same Rallycross track, It was at the old Aerodrome and even had a Joker lap. There was a pretty good Rallycross style dirt race a few weeks ago too built on Mangrove scramble.

Latest Posts

Back