Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,946 comments
In the Rally Adventure expansion been having fun with C- B- and A- builds for classic/modern rally cars and buggies mostly, but I'm just really starting. Do speed/drift zones open later on?

Also I have to mention the dissapointing rain visual downgrade, even running on the Series X.

In the Rally Adventure expansion been having fun with C- B- and A- builds for classic/modern rally cars and buggies mostly, but I'm just really starting. Do speed/drift zones open later on?

Also I have to mention the dissapointing rain visual downgrade, even running on the Series X.
What is downgraded visually? The rain looks the same for me if not even better than the base game. There are more thick atmosphere layers now when its raining.

Had one of the most wholesome gamer moments while playing Horizon earlier. I was just ripping around the new map trying out the Alumicraft Class 1 that I just unlocked and came across a guy in a T100 Baja Truck. I was about to get off for the night, buuuut I ended up cruising around the map with this complete stranger trying out all kinds of different cars and following the leader. Maybe the Horizon community ain't so bad sometimes...Woody, if you're out there, you're a real one. :cheers:

I say, the Epitaph Records addition is very much welcomed. Though there's some censorship here and there it's not as bad as Horizon XS had (and it's likely because most of those songs aren't interesting).

I should give PG some ideas for a metalcore station just like Epitaph. Call it Horizon Steel, where screamo music lives and has the loudest guitars to keep you driving.

On another topic I do want to at least see Weismann back. Course we'd have to send vehicle designers in Germany to find them and license them.

Last edited:
The vast majority of cars missing from Forza Horizon 4 in 5 now are pre 1975 cars. Right now the FH4 still has a better overall car roster but FH5 has a better car roster of post 1975 cars and FH4 has a better roster of pre 1975 cars. There is probably not going to be a pre 1975 car in the next update. Even though the 1954 Jaguar XK120SE would fit the high performance theme of the next update perfectly since it was the first road car to go over 120 mph.

abe651tiy0ra1.jpg

With Series 20 being dubbed "High Performance", I would be surprised not to see the Huracan STO in this update (unless it's coming with the leaked Drag Story update). A quick series 20 prediction from yours truly, which probably is too hopeful.

1970 Ferrari 512 S
2006 Koenigsegg CCX
2021 Lamborghini Huracan STO
2012 Lexus LF-A Nurburgring Edition
2018 Volkswagen #94 VW Motorsport I.D R Pikes Peak

The highly requested AMG GT Black Series would make a lot of sense here too - though Forza missed the SLS Black Series so I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the AMG GT's one too.

Some other FH returnees that fit the theme of this series IMO

2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
1992 GMC Typhoon
1991 GMC Syclone (high performance trucks anyone?)
2009 Gumpert Apollo S (a man can dream)
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
2000 Lotus 340R
2004 Maserati MC12
2015 McLaren P1 GTR (finally please PG?)
2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series
2012 Pagani Huayra
2012 Shelby 1000
Talking about '(a man can dream)', how about a 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren?

Maybe the Horizon community ain't so bad sometimes..
A few weeks ago I started FH4 on another account just to experience a fresh start on an evolved game. At one point I tried to complete Tortoise and the Hare achievement. So I made a co-op request for a race but unfortunately no one accepted. After several attempts made a blueprint event named "please help me for achievement' and got a full grid in seconds.
I was genuinely proud of all of them. It was a small thing but it meant a lot to me.

abe651tiy0ra1.jpg

With Series 20 being dubbed "High Performance", I would be surprised not to see the Huracan STO in this update (unless it's coming with the leaked Drag Story update). A quick series 20 prediction from yours truly, which probably is too hopeful.

1970 Ferrari 512 S
2006 Koenigsegg CCX
2021 Lamborghini Huracan STO
2012 Lexus LF-A Nurburgring Edition
2018 Volkswagen #94 VW Motorsport I.D R Pikes Peak

The highly requested AMG GT Black Series would make a lot of sense here too - though Forza missed the SLS Black Series so I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the AMG GT's one too.

Some other FH returnees that fit the theme of this series IMO

2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
1992 GMC Typhoon
1991 GMC Syclone (high performance trucks anyone?)
2009 Gumpert Apollo S (a man can dream)
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
2000 Lotus 340R
2004 Maserati MC12
2015 McLaren P1 GTR (finally please PG?)
2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series
2012 Pagani Huayra
2012 Shelby 1000
2016 W Motors Lykan Hypersport?

I say, the Epitaph Records addition is very much welcomed. Though there's some censorship here and there it's not as bad as Horizon XS had (and it's likely because most of those songs aren't interesting).

I should give PG some ideas for a metalcore station just like Epitaph. Call it Horizon Steel, where screamo music lives and has the loudest guitars to keep you driving.

On another topic I do want to at least see Weismann back. Course we'd have to send vehicle designers in Germany to find them and license them.
I want to drive around Mexico in my Weismann MF5 Black Edition with Sepultura playing ....

Calling it now then, you've jinxed it so we'll get a 'high performance' Ford pickup truck instead!
Would be weird to get the Raptor R before the production Ram TRX (I can't see any reason to bring back the concept version at this point.), but I can totally see it happening (They wouldn't have to make too many changes to the existing Gen 2 Raptor model.).

Last edited:
If we're talking performance off road vehicles then let's have this .....

Screenshot_20230404-192155.png

The Landrover Wolf. I will concede it has a terrible top speed but off road acceleration and grip are amazing (trust me I spent 12 years teaching people to drive these). Great fun, more ommph than your standard 'Rover.

Im still waiting for this car :(. This was my first premium benz i owned in real life, mine was the S320. I was just 23 and was in my last 2 years of my bachelor. Everybody in my class had hatchbacks, coupe's, sedans and cabrios and there was i with my big boat 😅.
fh_s_class.jpg
And here I am waiting 11 years and counting, for this to resurface. And they didn't. Why does Forza not like barges like this?
You know the same applies to the ill-fated John Cooper Works Coupe. Which also never returned. And that 99% of us never got.

Why is it that those cars are trapped in limbo? You made me cry...:(

Last edited:
I must say, if we ever get the TRX and it's just the concept I will be quite disappointed. Wouldn't be surprised if we see the Raptor R in this game's lifespan though.

How do I get into Horizon Open PvP on Rally Adventure? Do I have to just go to the mainland and hope RA races come up?

With the theme of people saying what they would like to see in the near future I'll chime in with one of my thoughts. With the Rally Adventure DLC now released I think the amount of new to Forza cars will slow dramatically if not stop all together. So I will be realistic and go for a returning brand.

With the new Rally inspired DLC and the Horizon Baja playlist before I would have liked to see the return of Bowler. The EXR-S was one of my go-to choices in FH4 when a an Extreme Offroader was needed. If new to Forza cars are still on the cards then Theres The Tomcat/Wildcat that would be so much fun and they Even build a "Rally" Spec model of the new Defender for a one make series that would fit the game really well.

The EXR-S from other Forza games
ea6646fcb33217c783c7c55f8f113ced.jpg

The old Bowler Wildcat.
Dakar1.jpg

The new Bowler "Rally" Defender
Bowler_Defender_Challenge_001-768x512.jpg

Last edited:
Back