Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,946 comments
So, that went well.

(Everyone else on my team noped out midway through the first race, presumably after finding out just how miserable this car is in its understeery, sluggishly geared stock form.)

View attachment 1245739
In my first race, I came in fourth overall. I was a full four seconds off the leaders pace. In the second race, I tried braking much sooner to mitigate the understeer. I came in first overall and I was a full four seconds faster than second place.

So, that went well.

(Everyone else on my team noped out midway through the first race, presumably after finding out just how miserable this car is in its understeery, sluggishly geared stock form.)

View attachment 1245739
Last week's trial was also a bit of a boat ride. Took me a couple of attempts to find a team which didn't smash into the walls at every turn.

I just remembered my password to this account in time to leave my two cents on the 'AI in EventLabs' issue. If I'm remembering right, the last playlist EventLab to feature AI was... at some point in the Extreme E series, and it was a setpiece on La Caldera, that tried to use the entire map. The AI... struggled with it to put it mildly, and that was after a Hot Wheels playlist EventLab made AI travel around a Hot Wheels inspired track--where they routinely fell. :P I think after those they just made the seasonal EventLabs time trials only, for the better IMO, but they could do with introducing more AI to these.

Because fashion matters in car games these days… just made a screenshot to share my enthusiasm how well the cyan classic shades fit with the Grit Reapers outfit! 🤠😎

88f0e356-4fd0-41db-bebc-3f85471b0e48.png

Also, to a far lower level of importance, it seems there is also some sort of new black Cadillac available.

I've just sold my 3rd Audi R8 from this month's playlist. I sold my original one when this series' playlist was revealed, and I've been given two more from wheelspins since. The wheelspin RNG definitely gives you cars you need, as this happens to me every series.

I've also just completed this week's Trial. 2 team mates gave up and quit during the first race causing us to lose on points. We lost another one during the second race but easily won it, and won the third with just 3 of us.

Adding to the EventLabs chat - I imagine they also focus on tracks rather than something like rulesets on existing tracks as they have more control over the exact settings (their car restrictions likely won't break anything) and due to a bug at the moment that means a lot of custom rulesets suffer from major desync between players when played online.

I'm not really into EV but I'm really starting to like the Lightning, like a lot. The jet engine sound, off road handling, the look... ok, maybe not the look 😁.
Fs-2u3iXgAQx0yi
For a long time I disliked EV’s in racing games, until I discovered the Rimac C2 in FH4 (and FH5). I love classic and vintage cars the most and I’m certainly not a fan of hypercar trends in FH5, but for the C2 I make an exception, I absolutely love that car and it’s by far my favorite EV in-game! (even the newly added Nevera can’t take that title away from it)

The C2 also made me appreciate EV’s and their sounds more in FH5, about a year ago or something I turned off the in-game radio, increased the game volume a lot, and drove around in all different EVs in the game (on tarmac). It’s actually quite interesting to hear how they all do sound very different and have a really rich audio track, even though they are supposed to be quite silent.

Back to the F-150 Lightning, I do like its looks to be honest. As far as the jet engine sound goes in FH5, not really my thing and I sure hope the car isn’t as loud as that in real life. 😅 I own a 2022 BMW iX3 since early Februari 2023 and I absolutely love the silence of an EV (as well as the torque 😎). In real life I’m really sold on EVs and don’t ever want to go back to ICE cars anymore for my daily driving. 🚙+🔌=❤️

My sentiments exactly 👍 We may be referring to the same Rallycross track, It was at the old Aerodrome and even had a Joker lap. There was a pretty good Rallycross style dirt race a few weeks ago too built on Mangrove scramble.
Yeah, both of those are what I had in mind. The Mangrove Scramble one in particular could’ve been something in the base game I feel, it was that good.

Add me to the list of people frustrated with the Trial this week. Despite my car looking like this…

935ABB47-0B21-4CF4-B93F-1638356A5E38.png

(Designed by yours truly, Share Code is 135 631 319. Other Stock Showdown designs are available; shameless plug over)

…my team still couldn’t get it through their thick skulls and kept bashing me and each other out of the way all the and caused a lot of us to miss checkpoints which cost us the whole thing. Did it the 2nd time round but man, what a pain.

Also, is it my imagination, or has the dirt buildup on cars in the base map been adjusted to match those of Rally Adventure? I was doing the Camaro challenges and it got far dustier than I’d expect to.

Last edited:
Yeah, both of those are what I had in mind. The Mangrove Scramble one in particular could’ve been something in the base game I feel, it was that good.

Add me to the list of people frustrated with the Trial this week. Despite my car looking like this…

View attachment 1245743
(Designed by yours truly, Share Code is 135 631 319. Other Stock Showdown designs are available; shameless plug over)

…my team still couldn’t get it through their thick skulls and kept bashing me and each other out of the way all the and caused a lot of us to miss checkpoints which cost us the whole thing. Did it the 2nd time round but man, what a pain.

Also, is it my imagination, or has the dirt buildup on cars in the base map been adjusted to match those of Rally Adventure? I was doing the Camaro challenges and it got far dustier than I’d expect to.
Great design bud. I haven't noticed the dirt build up be any different, but that might just be me not paying much attention. The new dirt physics in the DLC are very good though.

It was a piss-poor Trial, with the lead AI just sodding off in the first race and the first 90-degree left on the first lap essentially being filled with six blue team Corsas. Still won it in two though, thanks to the two dumbest of the dumb****s quitting.

I also did, primarily because I felt the races would be much more annoying with the crap visibility made worse by helicopter dust and searchlights and the PR Stunts definitely would be as Drift Zones, so I wanted to get it all out of the way first.

And I was right. Everything was much nicer after that.

Edit: Okay, what the smeg? I always try out - when I have time - the EventLabs for each season before they go live and... I just don't get it. Why are they consistently picking these creations?

One of them is okay, I guess, while the other is a boring as hell loop with grabby walls (because they're overlaid badly and in the wrong direction, again), makes some bizarre claims about cops in the description (there are no cops), and the creator has used the custom ruleset to put what looks like ASCII kitten smileys and an advert for their own YouTube channel in the race data boxes in the corner. And both are absolute crap as a solo lap; Playlist EventLabs are always one-car events, for no reason I can determine, and even decent ones suck without any AI.

The only thing they appear to have in common is that the creators have spent approximately 1800% of the props budget somehow on making a city environment (LA and I think Hong Kong) for them which results in a framerate on the Xbox Series X of about three* again. Christ alone only knows what it'll be like on Xbox One. Did anyone actually try them to see if they're playable?

A bad track with no opponents isn't a good event just because it has a completely different setting achieved through use of props. For the love of bees, pick an interesting circuit with some creative use of the way you can change rules and physics and PUT SOME BASTARD AI IN THE RACES. Especially if you're going to burn through two a week; the bottom of the barrel will be scraped through to Mauritius before long.

*Okay, 60 most of the time with some very obvious drops to 25ish.
No, please tell us how you really feel about it, don't hold back... ;)
I'm not hating event labs either. It's really just a showcase for possibilities the builder provide. And I like they are using players creations too. I really don't care about VuuKuu or whatever, but I'm still happy for him. As I'm happy for everyone else that got or will get their creations featured in any Playlist.
Sure this week creations were heavy on my Xbone but I still appreciate it. And the work behind it.

What challenge? I'm constantly beaten badly by you in any rival event. 😅
Anyway I'm impressed. You are top 100! Congratulations!! Guess the Lightning is a meta in C class CC too. Pay2win?
VuuKuu - wasn't he a bad guy in Star Wars that bounced around a lot...?

I was fortunate enough to have such a great team I will deeply miss. In the first race, the leader on our team slowed down the Drivatars on the final lap to let me and the others catch, similar to how I do same when helping my teammates to catch up. Also, we were clean drivers. There were crashes here and there, but other that, we managed to complete the trial in the first two races! :D

All my respect and gratefulness goes to them. And my team, if you ever find GTPlanet and this post, I want to say you guys rock! 🍻

I was fortunate enough to have such a great team I will deeply miss. In the first race, the leader on our team slowed down the Drivatars on the final lap to let me and the others catch, similar to how I do same when helping my teammates to catch up. Also, we were clean drivers. There were crashes here and there, but other that, we managed to complete the trial in the first two races! :D

All my respect and gratefulness goes to them. And my team, if you ever find GTPlanet and this post, I want to say you guys rock! 🍻
I had a great team today, too. Everyone gave room, no one rammed or tried to force teammates off course. We won both of the first two races in a walk.

I had a great team today, too. Everyone gave room, no one rammed or tried to force teammates off course. We won both of the first two races in a walk.
Glad to hear there's still good people out there. My team that stayed were good, it was the quitters that made it hard for us.

You'd think Rimac's Ice Box would have it easy on the seasonal speed trap... but no. I blame the monogear/weight combination.

My gold knight did it for me...
P1speedtrap.jpg

On the other hand, the Ice Box has a Drift Mode (Me: Why?, Richard Hammond: WHY???) and I did the seasonal drift zone with it! :scared: :dunce: (you really have to feather it).

I had no problem with the Trail, Downloading a tune with Aero, 4WD and an extra 20BHP didn't hinder matters 😄

Glad to hear there's still good people out there. My team that stayed were good, it was the quitters that made it hard for us.
Quitters on your own team are actually good for you. If two people on your team quit, that means the other team can only score against four cars, but your team can score on all six of their cars.

For some reason both this week and last week I'll do the first round of the trial then for seemingly no reason get kicked back to freeroam. I generally like doing the trial because I can knock out half the necessary points to get the new car so this is a bit frustrating.

That is really frustrating. You can auction it so it might appear (saw one today), but I refuse dealing with snipers.

Speaking of AH for some reason you can sell the Lightning for 700k (100k in the autoshow) in half a second. Players are sniping autoshow cars too... It's not even hard to get the car for free.
CF6CCA82-D48A-4214-95B2-CD39DEB40FDA.jpeg

This is from my 2nd day of hitting the Auction House sell limit of just selling F-150’s, went from 79 million on Thursday morning to 107.4 million after todays dealing of F-150’s. :eek:

Three of those trucks were bought by that buyer there and they sold pretty much instantly. :lol:

So for the folks who deal with poor teammates in The Trials, just know it’s likely that they are just as blind on track as they are reading Hotfix Notes as they would’ve seen you can buy all but one of the Expansion cars now. ;)

It says a lot about the FOMO when people will crazily rush to buy a car at great expense that they probably don’t really want or need a double of, but do anyway because the internet said so. Even more ironic that people heard about the bug and doubled down in buying them up at inflated prices, yet couldn’t be arsed to read their in-game message saying it’s more or less fixed (bar the Focus of course).

Still, it let me experience what its like to be a scalper, so there’s that. :lol: I’m probably not gonna abuse it too much just in case PG claim it to be unfair or something down the line, though it’s technically not an exploit either so who knows.

Last edited:
View attachment 1245904

This is from my 2nd day of hitting the Auction House sell limit of just selling F-150’s, went from 79 million on Thursday morning to 107.4 million after todays dealing of F-150’s. :eek:

Three of those trucks were bought by that buyer there and they sold pretty much instantly. :lol:

So for the folks who deal with poor teammates in The Trials, just know it’s likely that they are just as blind on track as they are reading Hotfix Notes as they would’ve seen you can buy all but one of the Expansion cars now. ;)
So, I bought 10 Lightnings and stuck a basic paint on them.

Made 170 million in profit in about an hour.

2EBD5697-9E1D-45EB-8514-2BDAC60F850B.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back