Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,946 comments
I don't see why so many people here need to post (or complain?) about the "complainers." Just spend the time enjoying your game, instead of looking through other forums or watching videos to find stuff to disagree with and call people whiners and so on. If someone doesn't like something, that's fine, you don't need to take time out of your day to make thinly veiled posts where you basically try to call them dumb/unreasonable/miserable/whatever. Happens on several of the subforums here and it's not something I often see at other forums.
You clearly don't visit many other forums. This one is by far one of the better ones when it comes to complaints and negativity.

Not to add on to that issue, but one post in particular (and it's from that same awful forum, no less) is particularly concerning:
View attachment 1246982
This one has quite a fair bit of criticism as this one concerns the future of Forza (and FM in general in regards to the reboot). I read it and it's... quite disheartening. He did have some points from various requests (mine included) regarding adding all vehicles to the Autoshow, for example.
I'm not at all surprised at who wrote that post. One of the many constant negative contributors with rarely anything good to say.

Not to add on to that issue, but one post in particular (and it's from that same awful forum, no less) is particularly concerning:
View attachment 1246982
This one has quite a fair bit of criticism as this one concerns the future of Forza (and FM in general in regards to the reboot). I read it and it's... quite disheartening. He did have some points from various requests (mine included) regarding adding all vehicles to the Autoshow, for example.
That person is one of the most overtly negative posters on that entire forum. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, he is one of the exact reasons I stray away from the Forza Forums. Constantly doomposting about the death of the franchise, well, as most of them do over there. And about how "we" are the players Playground needs to listen to to "save their game".

Some of them might make the odd valid point every 200 posts, but I can vouch that a lot of the times it's very hypocritical. Clutch will complain that they add in recycled cars to the Festival Playlist way too often, and I can agree that's a valid complaint since most of those cars should have been in the game by default, but whenever they add new cars, take for example this month's Nevera, LC500, and Blackwings, (all cars I've seen requested frequently) his actual comment, "these cars should have been in the game from the start." I noticed he also seems to hate the Hot Wheels expansion to an abnormal degree. However, at the time, Forza Horizon 3's Hot Wheels expansion was loved by so many and quite literally drove sales up with the help of consoles bundled with it, and ever since then, players like myself wondered if they would do something like it again. Few years later, Forza Horizon 5 gets its own Hot Wheels expansion and it's an amazing improvement in every conceivable way over the original. So, Playground Games listened to the fans and gave them what they wanted, or wait, did they not listen to the "real fans" that want to turn Horizon into yet another glorified mid-2000s Need for Speed clone about street racing and not much else? So what is it? Damned if you do, damned if you don't?

I think that's about the community in a nutshell. There's such a wide variety of opinions and somewhat of a disconnect between what players want and what the developers want, it's no wonder posts like these always come up. As I've said before, I don't have the time or energy to go onto the forums of the games I dislike to berate the developers and try to convince others why they should hate the game too.

Christmas Vacation GIF by filmeditor

That person is one of the most overtly negative posters on that entire forum. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, he is one of the exact reasons I stray away from the Forza Forums. Constantly doomposting about the death of the franchise, well, as most of them do over there. And about how "we" are the players Playground needs to listen to to "save their game".

Some of them might make the odd valid point every 200 posts, but I can vouch that a lot of the times it's very hypocritical. Clutch will complain that they add in recycled cars to the Festival Playlist way too often, and I can agree that's a valid complaint since most of those cars should have been in the game by default, but whenever they add new cars, take for example this month's Nevera, LC500, and Blackwings, (all cars I've seen requested frequently) his actual comment, "these cars should have been in the game from the start." I noticed he also seems to hate the Hot Wheels expansion to an abnormal degree. However, at the time, Forza Horizon 3's Hot Wheels expansion was loved by so many and quite literally drove sales up with the help of consoles bundled with it, and ever since then, players like myself wondered if they would do something like it again. Few years later, Forza Horizon 5 gets its own Hot Wheels expansion and it's an amazing improvement in every conceivable way over the original. So, Playground Games listened to the fans and gave them what they wanted, or wait, did they not listen to the "real fans" that want to turn Horizon into yet another glorified mid-2000s Need for Speed clone about street racing and not much else? So what is it? Damned if you do, damned if you don't?

I think that's about the community in a nutshell. There's such a wide variety of opinions and somewhat of a disconnect between what players want and what the developers want, it's no wonder posts like these always come up. As I've said before, I don't have the time or energy to go onto the forums of the games I dislike to berate the developers and try to convince others why they should hate the game too.
On top of all of that, these same posters are the ones that call anyone that disagrees with them or makes valid counter posts shills or sympathizers or whatever the latest term is, simply because they don't believe anyone can like the game in it's current state.

It's one of the primary reasons I left to come here. It has happened to me on numerous occasions, including digging up an old Twitter account that I no longer use and claiming that just because I retweeted things for contests and such that I was a Microsoft employee. It's no wonder the devs do their own thing.

On top of all of that, these same posters are the ones that call anyone that disagrees with them or makes valid counter posts shills or sympathizers or whatever the latest term is, simply because they don't believe anyone can like the game in it's current state.

It's one of the primary reasons I left to come here. It has happened to me on numerous occasions, including digging up an old Twitter account that I no longer use and claiming that just because I retweeted things for contests and such that I was a Microsoft employee. It's no wonder the devs do their own thing.
Who would have thought that a website that was originally dedicated to PlayStation's Gran Turismo would have a better community than the Forza official forums. I stopped posting there long ago. It's horrid.

Back to normal. I wanted to mention that I the 2nd expansion's gauntlet is probably the first ever race in Horizon which includes tarmac roads, dirt roads, sand paths and pure offroad in a single event. I enjoyed it.

Is there any way to race the finale events and gauntlet from the expansion as normal races against a field of AI cars, or does that have to be done via Eventlab?

Back to normal. I wanted to mention that I the 2nd expansion's gauntlet is probably the first ever race in Horizon which includes tarmac roads, dirt roads, sand paths and pure offroad in a single event. I enjoyed it.

Is there any way to race the finale events and gauntlet from the expansion as normal races against a field of AI cars, or does that have to be done via Eventlab?
Like @PJTierney has said bud, if you retrace the route on Eventlab you can make it whatever you want. Even Peel P50 only 😂😂😂. Looking forward to your share codes.

The problem with the redditors and the forum trolls is that none of them are willing to accept the fact the roads in this DLC are a million times better than their cherished Fujimi Kaido nonsense.
I'm torn. The off-road routes are fantastic. Not a big fan of the tarmac roads over the main game, though.

I don't see why so many people here need to post (or complain?) about the "complainers." Just spend the time enjoying your game, instead of looking through other forums or watching videos to find stuff to disagree with and call people whiners and so on. If someone doesn't like something, that's fine, you don't need to take time out of your day to make thinly veiled posts where you basically try to call them dumb/unreasonable/miserable/whatever. Happens on several of the subforums here and it's not something I often see at other forums.

Let people have their criticisms, you don't have to agree with them. If you don't agree with a criticism and want to address it, then go for it, it can lead to interesting discussion. Just telling people they are wrong or whining or "ungrateful" or whatever, however, will not lead to an interesting discussion... or really anything positive for that matter.

Just because you find them challenging enough doesn't mean that others do, and in something that has "rally" in the name I don't think it's that unreasonable that some people would hope/expect the routes in the game feel more like rally stages than the stuff in the base game.

I think most of us get why they didn't make them narrower, both for the casual target audience and for functionality in multiplayer/AI races, but that doesn't mean people can't wish they were narrower.

By sort of straddling the line between sim and arcade, the Forza series brings in drivers from both "sides." It's only normal some people will wish the game would lean more one way for certain aspects and voice those wishes. Some people (and let's be real, probably all of us at some point or another) could work on how they present those wishes of course, but nonetheless people are welcome to their opinions.
I agree. 'They hate it, but we love it,' and that's fine.
To speak ill of those people because "they were bad-mouthing the game" is nothing less than putting ourselves on the same stage as them.
And a common problem when this thread starts these topics...I hate to say it, but there seems to be a tendency to shift the goal from constructive discussion of critical opinions and rebuttal of them, to ridiculing them.

I understand everyone's indignation at the critical comments we see on reddit and in the forums.
However, responding to them by ridiculing them only leads to more hatred and confrontation, and only serves to tarnish this website and those of us who use it.

Nothing in the world can please everyone, and it is inevitable that there will be a variety of opinions, both positive and negative, about it.
What we need to do is not monitor and ridicule their posts, but simply accept the fact that such critical opinions exist.
Then, if there is a counterargument to those opinions, let's use more positive means to disprove them.
For example, if you see a complaint about the Rally Expansion route, say something like, "It's so much fun to drive a Class B car on this narrow tarmac!" and your opinion.
Positive feedback and opinions evoke the bright side of what is being criticized and may have a more positive impact on those who had negative opinions.

And well...this is completely my personal opinion and may be taken as whining, but it is still sad to see people I know getting worked up over bad comments about others.

Last edited:
I agree. 'They hate it, but we love it,' and that's fine.
To speak ill of those people because "they were bad-mouthing the game" is nothing less than putting ourselves on the same stage as them.
And a common problem when this thread starts these topics...I hate to say it, but there seems to be a tendency to shift the goal from constructive discussion of critical opinions and rebuttal of them, to ridiculing them.

I understand everyone's indignation at the critical comments we see on reddit and in the forums.
However, responding to them by ridiculing them only leads to more hatred and confrontation, and only serves to tarnish this website and those of us who use it.

Nothing in the world can please everyone, and it is inevitable that there will be a variety of opinions, both positive and negative, about it.
What we need to do is not monitor and ridicule their posts, but simply accept the fact that such critical opinions exist.
Then, if there is a counterargument to those opinions, let's use more positive means to disprove them.
For example, if you see a complaint about the Rally Expansion route, say something like, "It's so much fun to drive a Class B car on this narrow tarmac!" and your opinion.
Positive feedback and opinions evoke the bright side of what is being criticized and may have a more positive impact on those who had negative opinions.

And well...this is completely my personal opinion and may be taken as whining, but it is still sad to see people I know getting worked up over bad comments about others.
While ignoring most forums improves the personal gaming experience for almost all games, I'm sure the Devs and Community managers have to look through these complaints. This might lead to changes that may not be to the liking of some people (me included). Bad comments on their own are fine, but when they lead to a change that is for the worse personally, it does become something to get invested in.

Look at snow all over the map from FH4 being relegated to an ice cap on a single mountain in FH5. Now, there are complaints about the lack of snow, which means we might get snow back for the next game. But if the next game has tight roads like Rally adventures, the roads will be pretty much undrivable for anything that is above B class w/ AWD. Complaints about the roads being to tough will mean that PGG go "safe" with open, wide and flat roads, which is not great once I have experienced how good forza physics feel on the RA map.

The most unfortunate part of all this is that once a general consensus has been set, it is extremely difficult to debate, discuss and even post positive feedback. The forums have pretty much declared PGG lazy, inept devs and FH5 a dead, boring and stale game from a rotting corpse of a franchise. If the official forums or even Youtube videos/comments were my first impression of Forza, I wouldn't have bothered playing these games, let alone putting hundreds of hours in almost each one of them starting with FM4.
I really wonder how the CMs and Devs deal with it. Do they make these sweeping changes do they rely or player data? Which one should weigh more? The game is dead and stale according to many YT videos and some forums, and word of mouth becomes very strong stating the same, including by people who may not have played the game. This might have a negative effect on future player numbers, while the current player numbers show consistence or growth. It seems like silence to the public, but I'm sure there's meetings and number crunching done behind the scenes regarding this. I would love to see how this sort of stuff is dealt with.

I wish there was a replay at the end of the Darius story race, it was so perfect for a couple of photos.
Cutting the first corner I landed right in front of him and then towards the end I forced him into a tree. 😭

FH1 looks kinda same on my Series X and the only crashes are on screen against other cars and scenery, but I guess the extra cars are nice. I don't think I'm going to play it once a year though. I'd like to see an updated version of FH2.

Last edited:
FH1 looks kinda same on my Series X and the only crashes are on screen against other cars and scenery, but I guess the extra cars are nice. I don't think I'm going to play it once a year though. I'd like to see an updated version of FH2.
So far all earlier FH games are playing ok for me on the Series X. Only problem I have is getting accolades to pop, but from everything I've read online that's not uncommon.

So far all earlier FH games are playing ok for me on the Series X. Only problem I have is getting accolades to pop, but from everything I've read online that's not uncommon.
FH2 is the only Fozra Horzion game which hasn't received some kind of graphical update on the new console, sadly (although not as sad as my spelling).

Last edited:
FH2 is the only Fozra Horzion game which hasn't received some kind of graphical update on the new console.
Ah got ya bud. Never realised it hasn't. When I fire it up the console just auto upgrades the graphics. Surprised it's never had a dedicated patch.

Ah got ya bud. Never realised it hasn't. When I fire it up the console just auto upgrades the graphics. Surprised it's never had a dedicated patch.
I don't think my console does. It looks worse than FH1 to me. Maybe it's a model update the other games got because 2 definitely looks rougher in detail (again, to me).

Last edited:
I'd give in to FH2's remaster since we lost some items afterwards. The 2013 Audi S4, 918 Spyder's magnesium rims, proper Euro-spec light arrangement on the 944 Turbo, etc.

Back