Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,946 comments
Thinking about what I said above I'm probably way off the mark about FH1 looking better than 2 because I'm comparing both with my memories of playing the game. Maybe what I should say is that 1's graphics seem to have aged better than 2's for me after playing 3 and up. Nostalgia is a powerful filter.

I'd like sponsored cars and events back from FH1 and 2 back, e.g. G-Shock etc. It's a cheesy little touch but one I miss.
Quite a shame. Pringles Juke was a regional one as well, Europe only.
The game also had two free Porsches - that were no longer available and could only be accessed from a app that no longer exists. It's not a loss as both Porsches were in previous and current Forza games.

FH1 got this 4k upgrade or something iirc, which FH2 didn't however. That made the difference in a graphical POV - it doesn't look much appealing playing on my 27-inch monitor as I would thought
Thanks, I thought my eyes were going funny. I think FH1 plays via backwards compatibility which gets upscaled to 4k with auto HDR and frame boost. Maybe I should try the 360 version of FH2 instead... ha ha kidding. Sure would be funny if it looked better than the One version on XSX though, despite being a terrible port in every other way.

Last edited:
I have FH1 on my XBox One X, but I lost all the progress I had in the game. I originally played it on the 360 but gave both the disc and the console away. I bought the game digitally for my original XBox One. When I logged in, there was no synching data. It just started a new game for me. I think the problem is that I had changed my screen name. I didn't have a save of FH1 on the 360 after I changed my name, so it didn't recognize me when I started up the digital version on the XBox. It's not a big deal as I still have access to all the cars, even the DLC. But I did lose the unicorns. I miss that little Mini coupe the most.

Last edited:
I have FH1 on my XBox One X, but I lost all the progress I had in the game. I originally played it on the 360 but gave both the disc and the console away. I bought the game digitally for my original XBox One. When I logged in, there was no synching data. It just started a new game for me. I think the problem is that I had changed my screen name. I didn't have a save of FH1 on the 360 after I changed my name, so it didn't recognize me when I started up the digital version on the XBox. It's not a big deal as I still have access to all the cars, even the DLC. But I did lose the unicorns. I miss that little Mini coupe the most.
I've only ever used one GamerTag (see left) and transferred the game which was originally on 360 from my OG Xbox One when I bought an XSX (having skipped the One X generation to play on PC). Somewhere between consoles it forgot my own game save. The Rally Expansion is still intact but there aren't any DLC vehicles. It doesn't take long to play the whole game through from scratch though. Too bad Grid 2008 doesn't work on the new console.

Last edited:
Tried to replay FH1 on my 360 last month but the console wouldn't read the disc. My copy of FH1 was a premium edition that came with the metal case. The discs for FM2, 3 and 4 still worked fine.

Last edited:
I'd like sponsored cars and events back from FH1 and 2 back, e.g. G-Shock etc. It's a cheesy little touch but one I miss.
Yea i find it is a mistake, the fact PG had decided not put IRL sponsors on the game since FH2
Would make the game far more realistic and would open for many ideas like special events or even IRL marketing like a IRL G-Shock Forza Horizon edition or a in-game Oreo event on Guanajato

They had made some fantasy sponsors for FH5, but they dont use them as much they should it, should have more used to open and spread the cannon of FH5 if they cant use IRL stuffs and sponsors

Did I hear someone mention Rallisport Challenge? Ohhhhhh what a game!!!

I received the sequel as a surprise when I returned home from a hospital stay as a 11-12 year old. It was such a great game. As a motorsport nut (Especially Rallying) it was perfect.

Rally, Rallycross, Crossover (Race Of Champions style tracks), Group B cars, Hillclimb events with Pikes Peak cars and Even Ice Racing with 4 wheel steer Andros Trophy type cars. One of my favourite games of all time.

With the Release of Battlefield 3 in about 2010 I later went on to be a big Battlefield fan for years and never realised that it was BF devs DICE (Digital Illusions) that made the Rallisport games when I was a wee lad. 😄

Another Rally game I remember playing around the same time was Rally Fusion: Race Of Champions. Does anyone else remember that one?

Rally_Fusion.jpg
Yes, I remember playing this on Xbox, was an enjoyable game. Kind of the unofficial follow up to Michelin Rally Masters: Race of Champions, which was also an excellent and often overlooked rally game.

Yes, I remember playing this on Xbox, was an enjoyable game. Kind of the unofficial follow up to Michelin Rally Masters: Race of Champions, which was also an excellent and often overlooked rally game.
I remember loving it, I vaguely remember an indoor track that I really enjoyed racing the ROC Buggy around. Great game. 🙂👍

In other news, I'm convinced people are getting cars early as I made logos ready for the Liberty Walk Wide Body and unlocked it as quick as possible to create this but unsurprisingly somehow I was still too slow. Still here is my humble attempt. 😄

(If anyones interested - 223-268-100)
240.jpg

(The Inspiration)

I remember loving it, I vaguely remember an indoor track that I really enjoyed racing the ROC Buggy around. Great game. 🙂👍

In other news, I'm convinced people are getting cars early as I made logos ready for the Liberty Walk Wide Body and unlocked it as quick as possible to create this but unsurprisingly somehow I was still too slow. Still here is my humble attempt. 😄

(If anyones interested - 223-268-100)
240.jpg

(The Inspiration)
I thought that once each new update is introduced, the new cars can have designs made for them even if you don't own them yet. This is the same as making a Super 7 event for a car that is not yet available for purchase for people to try out.

I thought that once each new update is introduced, the new cars can have designs made for them even if you don't own them yet. This is the same as making a Super 7 event for a car that is not yet available for purchase for people to try out.
But you need to actually have the car in your garage and be using it to be able to apply any vinyl groups to it surely? Ofcourse people can make Logos and Vinyl Groups in advance ready for when they get the car like I did.

I did the Majority of these yesterday ready for when I got the car today.
1681416052849.png

Ofcourse I couldn't apply them to the LC500 with the LW kit until I own the car.

Last edited:
But you need to actually have the car in your garage and be using it to be able to apply any vinyl groups to it surely? Ofcourse people can make Logos and Vinyl Groups in advance ready for when they get the car like I did.

I did the Majority of these yesterday ready for when I got the car today.
View attachment 1247597

Ofcourse I couldn't apply them to the LC500 with a the LW kit, Until I own the car.
In the livery editor, you can select Choose Car and even pick cars you don’t own.

You won’t be able to drive it, fit upgrades and grab photos of course, but you can slap a livery on if the car is in the game files.

Last edited:
In the livery editor, you can select Choose Car and even pick cars you don’t own.

You won’t be able to drive it, fit upgrades and grab photos of course, but you can slap a livery on if the car is in the game files.
Thanks for letting us know PJ

I stand Corrected, Apologies @PaulGrey you are right🙂👍

(There's me thinking I'm getting ahead of the curve and I'm actually about a month late) 😄

For what it’s worth I don’t know if you can access unreleased cars this way, they may still be time locked.

Also, if a car is returning from an older Forza, make your livery in that game, then import the file into Forza Horizon 5. You’ll be able to share it without owning the car, and also before it’s even released (assuming it’s in the game files).

Side-note, there was an exploit involving loaner car painting in Forza Motorsport 7. For a few days you could use the loaner car to “unlock” other people’s livery designs and save the vinyl groups and liveries as your own.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth I don’t know if you can access unreleased cars this way, they may still be time locked.

Side-note, there was an exploit involving this in Forza Motorsport 7. For a few days you could use the loaner car to “unlock” other people’s livery designs and save the vinyl groups and liveries as your own.
I couldn't access the unreleased Black Wing Caddy doing this 😥.

For this week's EventLab taking place at the airstrip (the Osaka Sea Port street race), I was advised to bring something equally good on dirt and asphalt.

I thought I'd go with something unconventional...

KTM X-Bow R 2013 - 006.jpg

KTM X-Bow R 2013 - 005.jpg

(shoutout to @PJTierney for the amazing livery)

Well, let's just say that after making 5 frontflips, landing upside down, and eating AI that decided to do donuts on the finish line, the fact I managed to place 2nd with my teammate in 1st was a small miracle.

Fun track, and I like my tune, but oh my gosh. The AI is too dumb for this eventlab.

Any chance someone can download and like my vinyls please? Let me know if you do and I'll return the favour and put some on my sticker car. Cheers.👍

Any chance someone can download and like my vinyls please? Let me know if you do and I'll return the favour and put some on my sticker car. Cheers.👍
I'll have look when I manage to get on tomorrow 🙂👍

I had an unexpectedly good experience in Team King in Playground Games today. I used my 2008 Renault Mégane R26.R. It has a simple B700 rally tune. Mostly just rally suspension and rally tires. It’s still FWD even. Our team won the first and third games to take the overall win. But the really surprising thing was that I had the crown the longest of any player on either team in all three games. Of the three games, Team King is the one with which I have the hardest time. So to perform that well was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 0f8728b2-43c2-4394-8ef3-cb487b3c7be0.png
    0f8728b2-43c2-4394-8ef3-cb487b3c7be0.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 13
Back