Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,952 comments
The second car in the image seems so weird to me. The roof is ridiculously low. Seems like a front engined car (specifically a coupe or even a ute).I thought it was an sl65 but the grille extends above the headlights. It could be the slr, but the frilled still disproves that. It's like a plymouth prowler.

IMG-20230418-WA0011.jpg

The last car, to me, seems to be a 992 turbo s. Considering the general shape and the taillights. But an rs6 avant also oddly fits as suggested here by several people.

The 1st and 3rd definitely fit the bills for the STO and the BS AMG. Sierra nueva will be a lot busier for me now.

Last edited:
That's true; still, those checkpoint banners wouldn't be in that thumbnail without a reason
The could had noticied on post edition, that is very common considering lots of leaked cars had been leaking like that

But even if was proposital, that is not the drag race thing, its the oval track race in the stadium that many people had been asking for months since launch, specially since the game has a stock car but the only oval cant be used for racing (until the next update)

Just the possibility of getting both the STO and the BS in one update makes me cream myself.
That's a very odd thing to do. Milk products aren't ideal for covering yourself with; if you don't wash it off, they go off pretty quickly thanks to body heat, and you might end up with thrush if it gets stuck in any crevices.

That's a very odd thing to do. Milk products aren't ideal for covering yourself with; if you don't wash it off, they go off pretty quickly thanks to body heat, and you might end up with thrush if it gets stuck in any crevices.
There is a very dirty response to this that I could write, but I’m not sure if it complies with the rules so I will keep it :lol:

The second car in the image seems so weird to me. The roof is ridiculously low. Seems like a front engined car (specifically a coupe or even a ute).I thought it was an sl65 but the grille extends above the headlights. It could be the slr, but the frilled still disproves that. It's like a plymouth prowler.

View attachment 1248875
The last car, to me, seems to be a 992 turbo s. Considering the general shape and the taillights. But an rs6 avant also oddly fits as suggested here by several people.

The 1st and 3rd definitely fit the bills for the STO and the BS AMG. Sierra nueva will be a lot busier for me now.
Y'know, I bet it is a Prowler. Call it a hunch but there's only one car I know of with that kind of front profile.

Maybe they're starting to cool off on all the actually new cars after basically swamping us with a **** ton of new models and want to start things off with cars that wouldn't hurt so much.

I wish we had the technology CSI: Miami did with their super-enhancing photo evidence stuff. That way we could easily ID those cars on the track. And make them unpixelated.

Come on, we live in the year 2023, and we still don't have the advanced tech a show over two decades old could do. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Okay time for a theory that's based on absolutely nothing but my hopes, prayers, and dreams. What if one of those super blurry cars in the monthly image is the Vector W8?

I see your profile picture, I see your bias. And my gosh. My gosh am I with you in hoping for your hopes, prayers, and dreams to come true.

No relation to anything, but I have a question for anybody who's been playing the Rally Adventure map since last week and has an nVidia graphics card. Since my last time playing, there have been two GeForce Experience driver updates, counting the one that dropped today. Has anybody that experienced issues in the desert section like I explained in a prior post now seen any improvements in that department? I'm hoping these driver updates are helping any, I'd love to not totally abandon the DLC it due to performance issuesand come back to 100% it.

I wish we had the technology CSI: Miami did with their super-enhancing photo evidence stuff. That way we could easily ID those cars on the track. And make them unpixelated.

Come on, we live in the year 2023, and we still don't have the advanced tech a show over two decades old could do. Just a thought.
AI upscaling is a thing...

View attachment 1248875

The only thing I can even think of (other than the prowler) is the Chrysler Pronto Cruizer Concept; but somehow I doubt this is our car.

Attachments

• Chrysler-Pronto_Cruizer_Concept-1999-1280-01.jpg
    Chrysler-Pronto_Cruizer_Concept-1999-1280-01.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 11
The Prowler never came in white and it had fenders above the front wheels that were outside of the body. I hate to disappoint, I want the car too, but it's not a Prowler.

Last edited:
I just thought of something--would it be possible for this new season to be where that 'Horizon A Drag' Horizon story that got leaked ends up? 'High Performance' would fit this perfectly.
I have a theory on some of the Festival Series themes: Each part of the Horizon Festival has (or will get) its own “takeover”.

• Horizon Apex: Probably High Performance
  • Horizon Baja: ???
  • Horizon Wilds: Had a takeover before the rally expansion
  • Horizon Street Scene: Probably Midnights at Horizon
  • Horizon Rush: Had a takeover last year

Drag races are unlocked via Horizon Apex, so maybe we will see some drag racing content in the High Performance Series.

Last edited:
The Prowler never came in white and it had fenders above the front wheels that were outside of the body. I hate to disappoint, I want the car too, but it's not a Prowler.
I really dont think it is a prowler, but the headlight placement relative to the grille and the oddly shaped roof really resembles it.

I am genuinely baffled as to what car it is.
Also no Torben Tuesday yet. Sadge.

Last edited:
I have a theory on some of the Festival Series themes: Each part of the Horizon Festival has (or will get) its own “takeover”.

• Horizon Apex: Probably High Performance
  • Horizon Baja: ???
  • Horizon Wilds: Had a takeover before the rally expansion
  • Horizon Street Scene: Probably Midnights at Horizon
  • Horizon Rush: Had a takeover last year

Drag races are unlocked via Horizon Apex, so maybe we will see some drag racing content in the High Performance Series.
Hence, why I was wondering if the Horizon Drag story was moved here.

More to the point I do wonder if 'High Performance' is its actual name, or if it's a codename, like how 'Horizon X' was used to hide the fact that it was really the Extreme E sponsored Series.

I don't mind them adding variants of models we already have, as long as they're different enough to validate their inclusion. The Performante and STO are/will be sufficiently different to the base model, but the Evo sticks out as a bit of fluff to me.

Then again, I grew up with Gran Turismo where there was apparently a difference between an R32-34 GT-R/V-Spec/V-Spec II/Vspec-II Midnight Purple/N1/Nismo/M-Spec/V-Spec Nur/V-Spec Nur II .

Not Me Idk GIF by Ranveer Singh

I am one of those players on the side that is fed up with the Huracan and 911 (991/992) and thinks "we don't need any more variants of those cars". But on the other hand, the off-road enthusiast in me wants models like the Huracan Sterrato, 911 Dakar and MPG Marsien as substitute rally cars. And Mustang Raptor has also been added to page of my wish list.

People are selfish.

Last edited:
They really missed a trick this Series in not lighting up the train. In fact it has no lights at all, but it totally should have been covered in neons. Would have made for great photos.

As usual, playtesting the EventLabs again for next season and... 😖

One is a so-so track to drive, but again has dreadful grabby walls due to being overlaid in the wrong direction; in fact they're so bad, the AI gets trapped on them (until the AI behind smashes into them). There's also a braking zone at the finish line that the AI slavishly obeys, but of course there's no AI in EventLabs to show off either of these issues.

The other track is much better and also considerably worse. Again, about 800% of the prop budget has been spent, and there are some chronic framerate issues (around the "BAR" sign particularly), but the whole point of the track will be ruined by not having any AI if you drive it in Solo mode. There's a custom ruleset which gives "DRS" (I guess more power or less drag) in two special DRS zones... when you get a Drafting Skill. I guess if you play in co-op or PVP (which surely requires Xbox Live Gold) it'll work...

Confused Who Knows GIF by Aardman Animations

I'm honestly of the opinion now that whatever body inside Playground is in charge of curating the Series EventLabs, the guidelines they're working from are interpreted too strictly. Someone earlier in the thread pointed out that they tend to choose blueprints closer to their actual level design guidelines--which tells me that the guys in charge of picking the blueprints are those same level designers. So either they're picking levels that are literally exactly what they would make if they had the right map to work from, or their definition of 'inspired by us' is so strict that they're willing to overlook obvious limitations and shortcomings for the sake of a good inclusion.

What's it matter to me, though, I just play these EventLabs solo 'cause I love just getting to hotlap some of the rarely used cars in my garage. :P

I like Epitaph Records too. I grow up listening to Rock, Punk, Grunge and Havy Metal. But still whenever the Ghost Inside from Aftermath and Early Eyes from Revel Berry start I have to change station immediately.

Epitaph Records are nice tbh, after listening like many times, here's my fav:

-Oh! by The Linda Lindas
-Blackbird by Alkaline Trio
-Never Moving On by Chad Tepper
-Feel Something by Magnolia Park, Derek Sanders
-Growing Up by The Linda Lindas
-bittersweet teeth by poptropicaslutz!/PTS!
I found Chad Tepper to be a kind of funny radio host for Epitaph Records Radio.

Back