Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,952 comments
Hot take, I actually quite like Aftermath. It's just such a wildly different song from what you'd expect on an otherwise very sanitized Horizon soundtrack; it's about the band recovering from a horrific bus crash that maimed their drummer and put pretty much all of them on death's door. Sure there's still some censorship in regards to violent imagery but a) it actually led to a clean guitar track on the breakdown and b) enough of the lyrics survived to get the message across.

My thing with Epitaph is that only a couple of the songs seem fit for play in the normal gameplay loop, most notably Never Moving On; it's possible they chose these tracks intending for them to be played in Rally Adventure events, but because I've been spending more time in Mexico and Hot Wheels (with its longer events) due to time constraints and finals prep keeping me from actually playing through the expansion, I've noticed those limitations more.

Apropos of the Code of Conduct change, I was doing a Street Racing series event for the Horizon Open challenge this week and wondered just how far-reaching the rules actually are.

They seem to suggest that all kinds of dirty driving are banned, not just those involving other players. I mention this specifically because in Street Races you get AI traffic cars, and I very much deliberately hit one to cause it to do the mad overreaction they do, effectively blocking the tunnel in Guanajuato through which the course ran and giving me a 15-second lead.

I didn't hit any other player, just an AI traffic car, but the CoC makes no mention of other players:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct
This one is simple: any evidence of players intentionally ramming, wrecking, pinning, pitting, spearing, shoving, and blocking in any online race will see action taken against them.
I think everyone would appreciate some clarity on this one, @ManteoMax

Epitaph Records are nice tbh, after listening like many times, here's my fav:
I quite like the Lindas and was amazed to discover their drummer is only twelve years old. They're like the Jackson 5 of punk. I think Mannequin Pis's track is also pretty good.

Last edited:
I do like all of them but Never Moving On is the worst offender for censorship. Aftermath, on the other hand, is a monster of a song. Don't let the kids listen to it!

I'd rate it 8/10 for Epitaph Records.

I don't think Never Moving On's censorship is that bad, outside of partially censoring 'champagne' to the point where it kind of mangles that part of the bridge--you have Chad Tepper in the studio recording stuff for Epitaph's news briefs, you can have him record a clean version of that line. That being said, most of the rest of it is at the end of lines so you can actually figure out what's meant to be there if you pay attention to rhyme scheme and lyrical context--it isn't terribly effective censorship. :P

Welcome home, my spiritual brother of the ATS-V!
1682004816270.png

1682004828513.png

1682004840722.png

Also for those who don't know the last part for the Weekly Forzathon - it requires you to smash the SPECS-style speed camera while triggering the stunt, not the GATSO speedzone cameras.

Last edited:
I always have spotify open when Playing with the ingame music off, So I kind of missed the excitement of Epitaph coming back. I am surprised people still use the Radio after all this time to be honest. Sure the first week of the game when everything was fresh I kept it on, But soon after I went to my own music/Podcasts Etc in the Background.

It was cool to see Architects And The Ghost Inside added though.

Last edited:
I think I like the CT4 just a bit more than the CT5.
Inclined to agree.
The CT5 is nice (the V8 alone is rather irresistible), but I think the CT4 is just better suited as a drivers car with it's lower power but also lower weight and lower PI - add on some extra semi slicks and weight reduction (which you can fit in the CT4 while staying in A class as opposed to the CT5) and I reckon it has got pretty good track weapon potential. Also helps that the V6 sounds great in its own right (and is really loud for some reason, not that I mind though lol), so there's that too.
Forza Horizon 5 2023-04-20 19_38_51.png

I always have spotify open when Playing with the ingame music off, So I kind of missed the excitement of Epitaph coming back. I am surprised people still use the Radio after all this time to be honest. Sure the first week of the game when everything was fresh I kept it on, But soon after I went to my own music/Podcasts Etc in the Background.

It was cool to see Architects And The Ghost Inside added though.
I always played with either XS or Eterna on, but Epitaph has been stuck on since it was available. I'm still earning skill points to complete car skill trees and a skill song paired with my Sticker Car racks the points up for me.

Song wise I'm loving The Linda Linda's (hadn't heard of them before this), The Offspring tune is surprisingly catchy to me and When We Were Young (can't remember the artists name). Overall there isn't one song I don't dislike on Epitaph.

The only radio station I dislike and can't listen to is Hospital Radio. I just don't enjoy the music on it.

I always played with either XS or Eterna on, but Epitaph has been stuck on since it was available. I'm still earning skill points to complete car skill trees and a skill song paired with my Sticker Car racks the points up for me.

Song wise I'm loving The Linda Linda's (hadn't heard of them before this), The Offspring tune is surprisingly catchy to me and When We Were Young (can't remember the artists name). Overall there isn't one song I don't dislike on Epitaph.

The only radio station I dislike and can't listen to is Hospital Radio. I just don't enjoy the music on it.
I keep the radio option on but turn in game music down to 0. So I can still take advantage of Skillsongs. I keep it on Eterna so I get the longer Skillsongs when they happen.

I keep the radio option on but turn in game music down to 0. So I can still take advantage of Skillsongs. I keep it on Eterna so I get the longer Skillsongs when they happen.
Smart move.

We have Amazon Music and I've tried streaming that in game. It plays ok but each time you load the game up you have to start on track 1 of your playlist and shuffle doesn't work.
I know it's not the games fault, Amazon Music does the same with any game. It's bloody annoying.

Smart move.

We have Amazon Music and I've tried streaming that in game. It plays ok but each time you load the game up you have to start on track 1 of your playlist and shuffle doesn't work.
I know it's not the games fault, Amazon Music does the same with any game. It's bloody annoying.
Thanks, I recently quit Spotify so will try giving this a go in its place.
Livestream link is up.
No FM news.
Perhaps they're taking a break to rebuild their PR strategy from the ground up.

Last edited:
Smart move.

As I'm on PC I just have Spotify open in another tab. Media keys on a keyboard are great while gaming for volume control/skipping tracks while playing.

Epitaph Records are nice tbh, after listening like many times, here's my fav:

-Oh! by The Linda Lindas
-Blackbird by Alkaline Trio
-Never Moving On by Chad Tepper
-Feel Something by Magnolia Park, Derek Sanders
-Growing Up by The Linda Lindas
-bittersweet teeth by poptropicaslutz!/PTS!

Epitaph shot its way to favorite radio station so fast it's honestly amazing. More of this, PGG!

When New Dark Ages by Bad Religion started playing, I gained 200 horsepower immediately.

It's true, I swear.

Livestream link is up.
No FM news.

Didn't think we'd get any FM news but it's still heartbreaking nonetheless.

Back onto FH; I was expecting epitaph to be watered down but I found myself leaving the music on for longer than usual, and the censorship wasn't that bad either, nice little surprise there.

They put the CT4-V with the 6-speed in the game, but your character shifts with the paddles animation.

Second time now they have messed up the baby Caddy, as the ATS-V we have is also modeled as the 6-speed but has the paddle animation, but on top of that the transmission is just plain wrong, as the ratios in it don't line up with the TR6060... or at least they were wrong in FM7, can't remember in Horizon.

Frankly I want to see a Lexus IS 500 instead of a revision of the IS 350. Now that I can get into!
Leichtbau and the updated AMG A45 would be appreciated since Forza's lineup is woefully outdated.

Last edited:
I've finally figured out how to get decent looking oranges/yellows

1. In the special colors tab, choose the matte two tone option (don't worry, it won't be matte in the end)
2. In the livery editor, apply vinyls that stretch and cover every side of the vehicle
3. Make all of those vinyls fully transparent; as transparent as they can go
4. Set vinyl shape glossiness to full gloss

For some reason this produces more vibrant colors than if you were to choose the other two 2-tone paint options?

Attachments

• 1d98c0c6-0948-4374-8c34-c21f59b5fa23.png
    1d98c0c6-0948-4374-8c34-c21f59b5fa23.png
    323 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

1. In the special colors tab, choose the matte two tone option (don't worry, it won't be matte in the end)
2. In the livery editor, apply vinyls that stretch and cover every side of the vehicle

For some reason this produces more vibrant colors than if you were to choose the other two 2-tone paint options?
I'm still at odds as to why they ditched the metallic paint option that was present in FM1 through to the first Horizon. Would make life way, way easier.

Do you play with HDR enabled?
I say this because the oranges I see with HDR enabled and reasonably tuned are plenty vibrant already, so I’m curious.

Back