Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,953 comments
They must have quite a bit more people working on content now that the expansions are done; I was quite worried they'd slow down on the NTF cars but they've still got their foot down it seems.

The Porsche Mission R and 935 are already confirmed for the new Forza Motorsport so they're just porting them over to Horizon first

Holy crap finally more updates to photomode next series??! Sign me up!

Attachments

• k1szghvek9va1.png
    k1szghvek9va1.png
    308.8 KB · Views: 15
'Overlanding' seems to be British slang for camping, hiking, backpacking, all that neat outdoorsy business. So it SOUNDS like a 4X4 and SUV-themed update.
It's not British slang; overlanding is a well-known thing globally involving driving from one place to another without roads being necessary.

Jeep even has an "Overland" trim on its vehicles in its home market.

I am not a fan of next seasons car list (except beautiful 935) but oval is great.
The only downside to this content is that it is limited to one month only as are the stunt arenas and ice rinks.

And overlanding modifications!
I hope this is the addition of extreme lifted suspension and huge off-road tires for a non-off-road vehicle.

...yeah, I know it won't happen, but I'd like to dream just for a month...

It's not British slang; overlanding is a well-known thing globally involving driving from one place to another without roads being necessary.

The Overland trim commemorates the company John Willys bought in 1908, later renaming it Willys-Overland. That company would, of course, go on to produce the original Jeep during WWII. (Overland as a marque went away after 1926.)

Last edited:
Pfft.....Huracán STO. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate the STO, I just think it's unnessesary. However, solid update. Love the Porsches and the Audi.

And if they're going to update the photograph stuff, how about better replay angles in races?

Last edited:
Geez I don't know what happened but the recent updates are off the charts... So great compared to the previous obes.

Some say it's because of the devs' leave, but I don't really think so since it takes time to model a car. I do think this is more like an arrangement thing rather than 'lazy a**es left'.

One point I noticed during the stream - the driving actions on the Huracan STO doesn't seem like coming from a RWD car. Let's hope it's me wrong...

Last edited:
I've wanted a few things for a while now for photomode:

-RT in photomode on series S/X
-time of day slider
-perhaps forzavista?

I seriously can't wait to see what they've got cooking; the last two series' worth of cars have surprised me.
We need these 2 ASAP, i have been asking this since Forza Horizon 3.

Gah, thanks for the clarification! ^^; Suppose that's what them thar Trailblazers are based on, huh?

A few things after watching most of the stream:

The chat for that stream was the most positive I had ever seen, either people gave up on toxicity or they truly made the majority of them happy.
It's interesting the after Mike Brown and the others left that all of this new content is spewing out. It makes one wonder if the truly were 'holding back' content.

Overlanding content could mean the Jeep Grand Wagoneer that was leaked forever ago may show up as well.

A few things after watching most of the stream:

The chat for that stream was the most positive I had ever seen, either people gave up on toxicity or they truly made the majority of them happy.
It's interesting the after Mike Brown and the others left that all of this new content is spewing out. It makes one wonder if the truly were 'holding back' content.

Overlanding content could mean the Jeep Grand Wagoneer that was leaked forever ago may show up as well.
I think they had content ready for the post expansion time period to retain the influx of players coming in to cheack the expansion hype.

IK that steam player count isnt the full story but the trend should be relevant. The expansion launched on march 29th.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 231803.png

also OMG FINALLY
Screenshot 2023-04-21 231445.png

Last edited:
Some say it's because of the devs' leave, but I don't really think so since it takes time to model a car. I do think this is more like an arrangement thing rather than 'lazy a**es left'.
I think it’s something simpler, cars are being made for Forza Motorsport and some of them are relatively easy ports for the Horizon team.

When DIRT 5 released, the new Ford Fiesta Rally2 car was in there at launch. DiRT Rally 2.0 was about to start its esports season so the team grabbed the car from that game and ported it over to be used as a participation prize.

I got the impression that the oval might stop being the default contents of the stadium in free roam when things Like the ice rink or stunt park come, but that the new race which starts in the stadium will allow you to play the oval permanently?

Last edited:
Back