Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,955 comments
I wonder if they just canned the Donut media update 2 because of the crap show that was.
Oh believe me I wonder the same thing. I was seriously afraid High Performance was just gonna be a codename for Donut Media Part 2.

But that being said--I feel like Donut Media would have said something if it was straight-up canned. Some sort of 'we regret to inform you that our arrangement with the Forza team has ended' message. It might still be in the cards for July, after this 4x4 update.

A few things after watching most of the stream:

The chat for that stream was the most positive I had ever seen, either people gave up on toxicity or they truly made the majority of them happy.
It's interesting the after Mike Brown and the others left that all of this new content is spewing out. It makes one wonder if the truly were 'holding back' content.

Overlanding content could mean the Jeep Grand Wagoneer that was leaked forever ago may show up as well.
Wait, even the stream chat was positive?? Usually that place is even more toxic than the official forums. This update must be resonating REALLY well then.

I know it won't happen, but I hope that the vehicles in the next update will be 4x4s that are designed for off-roading, and indeed are often used for such purposes.
There are plenty of luxury/"tarmac-spec" high performance SUVs in the game already, but not so many practical 4x4s like Jeep, Land Rover, or Landcruiser.

power-wagon.jpg

What about the Dodge Power Wagon in particular?
This is one of those traditional Chrysler names that lasted until today's Ram, and one of those tough American-made 4x4s that are still beloved today, but neglected in the video game.
Also, the retro look of this truck would make a good canvas for painters and photographers.

A few things after watching most of the stream:

The chat for that stream was the most positive I had ever seen, either people gave up on toxicity or they truly made the majority of them happy.
It's interesting the after Mike Brown and the others left that all of this new content is spewing out. It makes one wonder if the truly were 'holding back' content.

Overlanding content could mean the Jeep Grand Wagoneer that was leaked forever ago may show up as well.
I think it's just that the expansions are done so the team now has more leeway. Sure, the core team will be working on FH6 already, but modelers will be creating cars for the joint Forza queue and these can all be pushed into FH5 as needed, with enough of the team no longer working on the expansion to be able to handle the load.

I think they had content ready for the post expansion time period to retain the influx of players coming in to cheack the expansion hype.
That is most likely true, but I'm sure most people will attribute it to people leaving PGG.
Wait, even the stream chat was positive?? Usually that place is even more toxic than the official forums. This update must be resonating REALLY well then.
Yes, those were my thoughts exactly, I don't think I saw a single toxic message the entire chat.

I know it won't happen, but I hope that the vehicles in the next update will be 4x4s that are designed for off-roading, and indeed are often used for such purposes.
There are plenty of luxury/"tarmac-spec" high performance SUVs in the game already, but not so many practical 4x4s like Jeep, Land Rover, or Landcruiser.

View attachment 1249713
What about the Dodge Power Wagon in particular?
This is one of those traditional Chrysler names that lasted until today's Ram, and one of those tough American-made 4x4s that are still beloved today, but neglected in the video game.
Also, the retro look of this truck would make a good canvas for painters and photographers.
This would be perfect and with the tire profile changes they made last update it could be a monster.

Last edited:
I got the impression that the oval might stop being the default contents of the stadium in free roam when things Like the ice rink or stunt park come, but that the new race which starts in the stadium will allow you to play the oval permanently?
That’s how I read it.

Oval in freeroam: This month only.
Oval as a race event: Whenever you want.

I hope it’s getting added to the Horizon Open playlists, they’ve gotten a bit stale.

Last edited:
Nice to see a bit of widespread positivity among the majority of the community with the last 2 updates. I like what the next Update is bringing. All 4 of the new cars are interesting, And the Oval is exactly the type of thing the Stadium should have been used for.

My main want's left for the game aren't necessarily new cars at the moment (Although I wouldnt say no to a GR Yaris, Artura or GT3RS)

As a huge Lancia fan some kind of workout of the stellantis issue would be a nice thing to happen finally. I know its all Contractual and we don't know the whole story but other recent games like Crew 2 and NFS Unbound have had Alfa and it makes me feel its not beyond the realms of possibility. Would make the basis of a lovely Italian playlist.

Group 4 Stratos and Fulvia HF in this video from 2 years ago still gives me hope.

Last edited:

Definitely, I sigh every time there's a seasonal championship trying to make luxury vehicles on 23" chrome wheels seem like offroaders. Keep the Trackhawks, Astons, and M cars for road racing events, and let's see some more interesting off-road vehicles. The selection of modern Toyota trucks was a start, but since then it feels like it's been bespoke race trucks or nothing.

Not to sound ungrateful for new cars, but a Mission R isn't going to be as much fun to bomb around the quarry as something like an old Hilux could be. Another Huracan is neat enough, but bouncing across fields in an AMC Eagle would be more unique. Still, happy to see more new, free content either way.

That is most likely true, but I'm sure most people will attribute it to people leaving PGG.

I'm not sure that is a reasonable assumption on any level to be honest - I don't think the majority would assume that less staff at PG would mean more content, and I don't think there's a sensible correlation to be had there outside of the tiny minority who seem to think that PG are deliberately doing whatever that minority don't like on purpose.

Even if the specific staff members who left had absolute iron-clad control about every decision to do with the game, it's not even been long enough since they left for this new content to be made and released, unless they somehow had paid for it to be made then decided to waste the money by sitting on it forever. It is however a decent while since the second expansion's content was finished, which happens to line up with the point where the flow changed from largely updated cars from previous titles to largely all-new content.

The final point to make about staff leaving PG is that ultimately this is their job. It's not worth their time to somehow be sabotaging new content or whatever other nefarious scheme, because this is what they do to feed their family. I certainly wouldn't be messing around at my job trying to annoy customers for some reason, and if I left for a new job I wouldn't expect the customers to blame me for whatever they felt my company wasn't good enough at, or assume that I left because I wasn't good enough for it.

The Crew 2 came before Forza Horizon 4.
I know but It was a season pass car on that game if IIRC. Not 100% when it entered the game though as I didn't play it. Still, The NFS point still stands. Alfa has been in the last two of those.

Edit - Add GRID Legends to that too.

Last edited:
I know but It was a season pass car on that game if IIRC. Not 100% when it entered the game though as I didn't play it. Still, The NFS point still stands. Alfa has been in the last two of those.

Edit - Add GRID Legends to that too.
To be fair both Alfa and Lancia are still listed in the upcoming Crew Motorfest and will probably make it in the game when it comes out.
IMO something happened last minute that broke the deal with Forza. There was even an Accolade (later removed) where you supposed to do a skill set in the Delta.
I'm still very sad because those brands are a part of my life as a driver. Actually everyone in my family and friends that owns a driving licence owned and drove a Fiat, Alfa or Lancia at one point. 😢

Last edited:
Definitely not, my plasma tv is probably about a decade old at this point so it most likely doesn't support HDR. Would it be worth the switch?
I'd say so. I just recently picked up a 65" QLED that supports 120 hz and HDR. I now know why everyone raves about how stunning this game looks - and it only cost me a couple hundred more than my 37" 720p hdtv did 15 years ago, 😆

Looking forward to trying out the oval.

The overlanding update looks interesting.

STO and Audi: I'll get them, probably say "Neat" and then they'll gather virtual dust.

The two Porsches: I will have much fun with them. (Side note: is no one at PG aware that Porsche has two syllables?)

Oh believe me I wonder the same thing. I was seriously afraid High Performance was just gonna be a codename for Donut Media Part 2.

But that being said--I feel like Donut Media would have said something if it was straight-up canned. Some sort of 'we regret to inform you that our arrangement with the Forza team has ended' message. It might still be in the cards for July, after this 4x4 update.
I have a feeling that this update may foreshadow FM8 being ready quite soon. We've got two cars from FM8 (Porsche 935 and Porsche Mission R) make their way to FH5, plus the centerpiece of the update is the oval circuit in the stadium, which suggests that they're teasing something with FM8 that's yet to come.

I've just watched the Forza trailer video for next season.

I'm a little disappointed with the Oval to be honest. It just seems too small. I really hope when I play it next week I'm wrong as I do want to enjoy it as I love the track in Lego Valley.

For me the straights seem too short and the banks too tight for real out and out high speed racing. The game map is huge, they could've put an Oval track anywhere instead of squeezing it in the stadium.

Like I said I hope I'm wrong. The upcoming cars though, I'm really looking forward to those especially the Mission R.

Last edited:
You can only fit so much in the stadium. Plus, there are short ovals IRL.
It's not far off something like Atlanta (although that's a quad) or Bristol. I estimated from the video that it's approximately 0.67 miles, which is longer than Bristol (0.53) - and Bristol isn't even the shortest short-track on the NASCAR schedule...

In principle the entire stadium could be a 1.5-mile oval but it would just be nothing but banking. I would have liked to see a tri-oval though; maybe a one-mile course could have fitted.

Back