Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,955 comments
You can only fit so much in the stadium. Plus, there are short ovals IRL.
I know bud which is why I mentioned the potential of placing the Oval elsewhere in the map. There are short ovals in the world I agree, but for an update called 'High Performance' I just think a larger oval would've been better. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong this is just my initial thought.

becad525-d684-41aa-aeba-5c662da1b832.png

My Ascari KZ1R tune is all powerful!!!!!! That or the game just glitched out 😂😂😂😂

Ever since I deleted the Rally Expansion folder the radio DJs have been completely silent, only speaking when a skill song starts or ends. I even tried a complete reinstall and it didn't fix the issue, anyone else had this before?

I’m not sure if maybe I’m just blind, but I can’t for the life of me find the robot neon sign to the take the photo of at the Resort.
It's on the side of the hotel bud right next to the tarmac road just after you come out of the drift zone.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if maybe I’m just blind, but I can’t for the life of me find the robot neon sign to the take the photo of at the Resort.

Think I'm going back to the jungle music station. I have nothing against Epitaph's Chad Tepper or Aftermath ("YESTERDAY IS GONNNNNEEEE!! BUT THE BEAT GOES ONNNNN!!!"), I like the Linda Lindas and Mannekin Pis and the old man bands like Pennywise, Offspring and Bad Religion are very catchy but modern songs with a lot of autotune make me want tear my ears off. Looking at you, pts! and Magnolia Park.

Last edited:
Think I'm going back to the jungle music station. I have nothing against Epitaph's Chad Tepper or Aftermath ("YESTERDAY IS GONNNNNEEEE!! BUT THE BEAT GOES ONNNNN!!!"), I like the Linda Lindas and Mannekin Pis and the old man bands like Pennywise, Offspring and Bad Religion are very catchy but modern songs with a lot of autotune make me want tear my ears off. Looking at you, pts! and Magnolia Park.
Oh no, Hospital Radio makes me want to be admitted to hospital.

All joking aside autotune is a modern scourge I will agree bud, I have no love for it either. Epitaph for me though along with XS are the closest stations to my personal music taste so I will begrudgingly put up with autotune.

That doesn't mean I'm right about music though. I likes my tunes and you all likes your tunes. As long as our own tunes make us nod our head happily as we play then happy days.😃

I would pay good money to have the FH3 Epitaph playlist back in FH5. For me nothing has come even close to that station.

Oh and of course......bring back Don Thompson!!!

T10 used to/may still have a solid relationship with McLaren. It's fascinating the 675LT hasn't been an addition to any of their games (or really any main stream game according to IGCD it seems).
Indeed. The only console game should be that Gear Club Unlimited, which is totally a piece of ****

I would pay good money to have the FH3 Epitaph playlist back in FH5. For me nothing has come even close to that station.

Oh and of course......bring back Don Thompson!!!
I still think Don was having an affair with Delores...

This is a scandalous piece of news my friend. Just because Mrs Thompson was enjoying the company of many a driver in the UK does not mean the mighty Don has succumbed to temptation.
"I had that Mrs Thompson in the back of my cab once..."

Actually, it'd be funny if they made her one of Isha's customers and have her complain about the weather and her husband for the whole trip. Especially if you switch to Timeless FM and she says turn that crap off, I can't stand classical music.

Last edited:
I remember when I first played this, I hated how insanely quickly the map filled up with events. But it's actually great just driving around and coming across events randomly. And I don't buy the you can't have a relationship with your car criticism, there's nothing stopping you from using the same car or group of cars for the different types of events.

And I don't buy the you can't have a relationship with your car criticism
It's just a nicer way of saying Forza is throwing cars at you and you never earn anything. But then you go and play other games and realise it's just a matter of how much you need to grind for a certain car. And once you have 100+ cars you don't care anyway.
For example I like to do things to unlock cars. The Burnout series did that really good. You won an event you got a new ride. I also love grinding for cars in the Crew series too. Two completely different approach to how you obtain cars. And neither of them is giving me a sense of ownership or any kind of relationship.
I'm still using cars that have a mix of good handling and speed. While others are just collecting virtual dust. And this is true for most of racing games.
Actually Forza games (specially Horizon) are the only games where I'm usually driving cars that I like in real life too. Because I can build a car to suit my needs rather than using a car that is the most convenient for that particular event.

It's just a nicer way of saying Forza is throwing cars at you and you never earn anything. But then you go and play other games and realise it's just a matter of how much you need to grind for a certain car. And once you have 100+ cars you don't care anyway.
For example I like to do things to unlock cars. The Burnout series did that really good. You won an event you got a new ride. I also love grinding for cars in the Crew series too. Two completely different approach to how you obtain cars. And neither of them is giving me a sense of ownership or any kind of relationship.
I'm still using cars that have a mix of good handling and speed. While others are just collecting virtual dust. And this is true for most of racing games.
Actually Forza games (specially Horizon) are the only games where I'm usually driving cars that I like in real life too. Because I can build a car to suit my needs rather than using a car that is the most convenient for that particular event.
Funny thing is, I'm actually kinda different in this regard--I only have a couple cars with actual "builds" assigned to them, an Evo VI that's basically my big rally car and a Volkswagen Camper bus thing at the top of B-class that I've just lovingly called the Baja Bus. Every other car in my garage is just bone stock, and I love driving 'em that way. Yeah it limits my choices for seasonal challenges but I don't actually care that much; once I'm finally satisfied and drop the game I can always just drive whatever I want later.

Back