Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,955 comments

Forza Horizon 5: Series 20 – High Performance Release Notes (25th April 2023​

Fukzt5oaYAAEgin

New Features (Available from April 25th)

• Permanent Oval Circuit Road Race
    • Also available with a dedicated Rivals Leaderboard
    • 21 Accolades
    • 3 Badges
  • Removed requirements to bind ANNA/Forza Link when creating Custom Controller profiles
  • (PC) Intel® XeSS Super Sampling is now available as a temporal up-scaling solution
  • Skin tone colours for hearing aids & prosthetics
  • EventLab Piñata Helmet prop
"High Performance" Series Features (Available from April 27th until May 25th)

• Freeroam Oval Circuit in the Stadium
  • 4 Returning Speed Traps
    • Horizon Baja
    • East Resort
    • Pantano Pass
    • Tulum
  • 2 Returning Speed Zones
    • Green Hills
    • River Run
    • Piñata Helmet collectible
Unlockable Cars 

• New To Forza
    • 2019 #70 Porsche Motorsport 935
    • 2020 Lamborghini Huracàn STO
    • 2021 Audi RS 6 Avant
    • 2021 Porsche MissionR
Bug fixes

General

• Fixed an issue where sometimes #ForzaThon Weekly Challenges were getting reset after restarting the game
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes roads were not marked as discovered on the map
  • Fixed an issue with the Auction House where searching by just "Car Type" couldn't return any results
  • Fixed an issue where the HUD could remain stuck at the center of the screen while using an Ultrawide monitor on Xbox
  • General performance and stability fixes
Cars

• Fixed an issue where the Anti-lag exhaust animation was not displayed correctly on the 2000 Nissan Silvia SpecR while a RocketBunny wide bodykit is installed
    • Developer's note: We are aware of the Anti-lag exhaust animation issue with other cars mounting the RocketBunny wide bodykit and we plan to address those in the future
  • Fixed an issue where rollcages were not displayed correctly when a StreetFighter LA bodykit was applied
  • Fixed an issue with the 2004 Subaru WRX STi where the front bumper sticker shading was inconsistent when combined with some paints and bumper parts
  • Fixed an issue with the 1964 Emory 356 C incorrectly displayed as model year 1960
Accolades

• Fixed an issue with "Change of Scenery" accolade starting location listed as Gran Pantano in the accolades menu and Pantano de La Selva when pinned
  • Fixed an issue with "Photogenic" accolade which displayed wrong numbers in the description
  • Fixed an issue with "Unbeatable" Road/Dirt/Cross Country/Street Racing accolades incorrectly stating players needed to win 10 races in a row to be achieved
EventLab

• Improvements made to EventLab rules not working in Multiplayer and/or causing players desync
Multiplayer

• Fixed an issue where Festival Outpost could display inconsistently during races
  • Fixed an issue in the Trial where AI cars PI were not scaling accordingly to players' car PI
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes players couldn't use the Rewind feature after finishing a match of The Eliminator
Rally Adventure

• Fixed an issue with "Arzate Sprint Challenge" and "Forest Trail Master" challenges not marked as completed for some players
  • Fixed an issue with the Apex Predator "Let it B" challenges which couldn't be completed for a number of players
  • Fixed an issue where achievements unlocked through the Xbox App and Steam were not matching
  • Fixed an issue where the Ford Focus RS was not available in the Autoshow after unlocking the car
  • Fixed an issue with the UI where cars' default PI was displayed in various menus and race leaderboards despite being upgraded
  • Fixed an issue with some restrictions in the pins of challenges with several requirements unintendedly doubled
  • Fixed a series of issues with VO
PC

• Improved framerate performance while in the Valle de Foreneos Dunes on Nvidia GPUs
  • Improved framerate performance while driving an Audi e-Tron

11.2GB on Win Store

Last edited:
What? There isn't another exploit or Auction House messup is there?
I don’t think so.

A few weeks ago there was a hotfix that finally put most Rally Adventure cars in the Autoshow for people to buy.

A bunch of Auction House snipers didn’t turn off their bots in time, so I listed 50 cars at 20,000,000cr each and turned their bots against them.

Made 700,000,000 in 2 days.

I don’t think so.

A few weeks ago there was a hotfix that finally put most Rally Adventure cars in the Autoshow for people to buy.

A bunch of Auction House snipers didn’t turn off their bots in time, so I listed 50 cars at 20,000,000cr each and turned their bots against them.

Made 700,000,000 in 2 days.
Oh yeah the F150 thing, I made a good bit from that too. When you said "Make Another 700m today" I got excited and thought there was something else going on I hadn't heard about. 😊

Last edited:
Well Midnights @ Horizon was good while it lasted. Shame the extended night mode is only for two whole days.
1682462057291.png

1682462081819.png

1682462098688.png

1682462111683.png

The lone highlight is not the Nevera, ironically. The LC 500 is something personal I've wanted for a long time coming. It's been my fave Lexus since its inception in 2017 and it's better late than never. Until we meet again, neon lights (or on an EventLab).
Honorable mention goes to the Blackwing twins as well, both welcome additions.

Last edited:
Well Midnights @ Horizon was good while it lasted. Shame the extended night mode is only for two whole days.
View attachment 1250741
View attachment 1250743
View attachment 1250744
View attachment 1250745
The lone highlight is not the Nevera, ironically. The LC 500 is something personal I've wanted for a long time coming. It's been my fave Lexus since its inception in 2017 and it's better late than never. Until we meet again, neon lights (or on an EventLab).
Honorable mention goes to the Blackwing twins as well, both welcome additions.
Totally agree with you bud on the cars. The Blackwings and the Lexus are great cars. The Nevara is good but just not as good I think.

I'm undecided on whether I like the extended nights. Under the neon in the dark the game looks gorgeous. There's just a small part of me that thinks it suits races more than free roam. The old airstrip is my current favourite in game location at night, it looks absolutely stunning all lit up. The only problem is all the props make moving around the airfield during the day a pain.

Finally I've tried the new Oval Circuit. It hasn't totally allayed all my fears about it being too small but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. It should be quite good fun in free roam and for creating events.

Did any new bugs start showing up in this update? First one was the game going directly into the map screen when I first leave the house - at least for me, that is.
Just from what i’ve experienced, I’ve noticed it sometimes spawns me back in free roam in reverse gear and apparently it’s happening in races too.

Plus as mentioned above me, 1st gear at race starts sometimes doesn’t let you grab second gear when you want it (Manual with clutch user here.).

Last edited:
Just from what i’ve experienced, I’ve noticed it sometimes spawns me back in free roam in reverse gear and apparently it’s happening in races too.

Plus as mentioned above me, 1st gear at race starts sometimes doesn’t let you grab second gear when you want it (Manual with clutch user here.).

Both of these seem to be related bugs - on race starts you have to upshift twice the first time, either to get from 1st to 2nd, or from reverse to 1st depending on how unlucky you are. The reverse gear starts are the worst though, nice way to lose several seconds off the line and it doesn't go away by simply restarting the race.

It's a shame the Neon Lights came out the same time the Rally Adventure expansion did, because the expansion took the spotlight away from one of the better looking seasonal glow-ups so far.
I don't think it was intentional. But it was attention-grabbing, really.

I love when I request a performance compact SUV for Forza, such as the Audi RSQ3, the people in the Forza Subreddit say:

"No! DoN't ReQuEsT tHaT! tHeRe'S nO nEeD fOr It! We AlReAdY hAvE tHe Rs3!!1!"

Forza Subreddit users can be so rude at times...

Last edited:
This gearshift bug is really appalling and game breaking for me, and I will not touch the game it until a fix is up. IMO Playground Games does need a shake up in the QA department.

It's mildly infuriating how everytime they fix an issue there's a different one that pops up...

This is just bad, the manual shifting used to work properly on the controller, now it doesn't. Which forces me to resort to automatic transmission (which is my go-to). Countless global issues include broken MB 190E downforce value, warped R32 GT-R stencil on steering wheel, no shifting animation for MK4 Supra and misaligned exhaust tip, etc.

I'm starting to think the entire QA team has given up. Or there isn't any. Are we being paid to beta-test our games??

Last edited:
This is just bad, the manual shifting used to work properly on the controller, now it doesn't. Which forces me to resort to automatic transmission (which is my go-to). Countless global issues include broken MB 190E downforce value, warped R32 GT-R stencil on steering wheel, no shifting animation for MK4 Supra and misaligned exhaust tip, etc.

I'm starting to think the entire QA team has given up. Or there isn't any. Are we being paid to beta-test our games??
MK4 Supra without shifting animation listed as won't fix awhile ago

MK4 Supra without shifting animation listed as won't fix awhile ago
There's no mention of it in the Will Not Fix list on the Troubleshooting hub. The Supra MK4 shifting animation was present in previous Forzas, so why not this iteration?

Back