Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,955 comments
I trust the game as atleast playable in Manual atleast? I haven't played since the update. Been waiting for today for the fresh seasons.

Am I actually going to have to play on Auto until they fix it. I don't think I can bring myself to do it😩😄
img_20150305_113520-54f8325bba861.jpg

Something unexpected happened to me on The Trial. The Blue, Player's Team lost the two first (hence only) races, but i still won the Prize and Playlist completion mark. Is that because i won the races? A bug? New rule to complete (win -> participate)?

Forza Horizon 5 27_04_2023 16_53_37.jpg
Forza Horizon 5 27_04_2023 16_58_47.jpg
Forza Horizon 5 27_04_2023 17_01_32.jpg

Last edited:
I just had my worst trials ever.

in the first attempt I won race one but the other humans all came behind all 6 AI. Never had that before... gave up when the second race was similar.
in the second attempt we won race 1 easily, just lost race 2, and race 3 was looking like an easy win when I crossed the line.... only to see that the mid pack humans apparently all crashed out and came in below the AI so we lost 2:1.

apparently hot hatches are not drivable by FH denizens?

In tonight’s edition of ‘Things That Are Now Broken After PG Do An Update’

797A7366-D1C0-4F7D-A928-9A7364B93DDB.png

22C79E7F-FC90-483C-947F-B25EF38D1DE4.png

Pics are a bit dark, but the curve as you come in to Mulege has these fenced walls which you can now drive through. The building and (weirdly) the gate are solid, but you’ll phase right through the walls without incident as I unfortunately discovered while going into the turn too fast. Tried with multiple cars too, so wasn’t a one time hitch either. Map below for the exact area in case you wanna try it yourself for whatever reason.

ADC025BA-CEA6-4A0A-8A4F-BC81D76D6312.png

Last edited:
Luckily the Shift bug isn't quite as bad as I was anticipating. Annoying? Sure, Playable until they fix it though.

The Lambo STO with an anti-lag turbo on it has jet fighter exhaust pipes when launching off a danger sign 😂😂😂

Well nothing really interesting in the files except for these 3 badges.

I also found this string file called environments on the files. It list some circuit names with it's descriptions (I think they are all featured on FM before), Test environments, Forza Horizon map codename. What's interesting is there are couple of PDLC3 mentioned there aswell even though its unclear what it is. Keep in mind that Hot Wheels and Rally Adventure are also mentioned in the other files as PDLC1 and PDLC2. Their codename Rainbow and Eagle Falcon also mentioned here aswell.

Also there are couple of placeholder image from back when the game just releasee. I think most of it are no longer in the files by now.

Attachments

• Environments.txt
    44 KB · Views: 21
  • Bolt_Large.png
    Bolt_Large.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Blue_Heart_Large.png
    Blue_Heart_Large.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Bear_Large.png
    Bear_Large.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 13
  • TreasureHunt_Active.png
    TreasureHunt_Active.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 14
  • MapPlaceholder.png
    MapPlaceholder.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Collectibles_Fallback_Active.png
    Collectibles_Fallback_Active.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 18
Man. I guess rivals on the Rally Adventure Goliath isn't doable in D class cars. I got that on Hot Wheels but Rally Adventure only has the one big jumb that would require a faster vehicle.

Just wait, we don't have the Tecnica and Sterrato yet. :lol:
You joke, but I would love it if this monstrosity was added, alongside the new 911 Dakar.

In fact, if there was ever a series themed around oddball off-roaders, I think an ideal lineup would be:

• Lamborghini Huracan Sterrato
  • Porsche 911 Dakar
  • Alpine A110 R-GT
  • Ferrari 308 GTB Group B

I also found this string file called environments on the files. It list some circuit names with it's descriptions (I think they are all featured on FM before), Test environments, Forza Horizon map codename. What's interesting is there are couple of PDLC3 mentioned there aswell even though its unclear what it is. Keep in mind that Hot Wheels and Rally Adventure are also mentioned in the other files as PDLC1 and PDLC2. Their codename Rainbow and Eagle Falcon also mentioned here aswell.

Rainbow, Eagle, and Falcon are three separate track names, and Falcon is FH5 PDLC2 (Rally) - there's nothing listed after that in sequence. I wouldn't read much into any PDLC3 mentions, as those strings also refer to Red (FH4 Lego) as PDLC2 since they're not specific to any one game. Trident (the one with a 'PDLC3' description) is also an older track ID than Rainbow (FH5 HW) and listed among lots of test track names, so unless they developed the third expansion before the first one, it's probably not relevant to FH5 expansions. The expansions for the other games were given IDs in strict release order, and there's tons of testing junk that never panned out to finished tracks.

If there is a secret, unannounced, not-part-of-the-premium-edition third expansion, then there likely won't be any hint of it in the files. I'm pretty sure nobody found anything to do with the first two before they were announced either, even though they were known to exist and advertised.

You joke, but I would love it if this monstrosity was added, alongside the new 911 Dakar.

In fact, if there was ever a series themed around oddball off-roaders, I think an ideal lineup would be:

• Lamborghini Huracan Sterrato
  • Porsche 911 Dakar
  • Alpine A110 R-GT
  • Ferrari 308 GTB Group B
track.jpg

Here is an even better car. Its name is Mega Track.
This supercar, once created by Aixam, was one of the few supercars in the world that was designed from the start for off-roading.
If this supercar appears in FH, it will be an off-road monster that can compete head-to-head with SUVs and 4x4s in the cross country, despite being a supercar.

And this car is unusual for such an oddball supercar, as the current rights holder is clear and there are no licensing issues.
I wish one day they would travel to France and negotiate a license with Aixam.

And from the non-high performance models, let's not forget the AMC Eagle SX/4.

AMC-Eagle-SX4-e1647339119969 (1).jpg

It's obvious what's special about this car.
They created the coupe-style crossover before BMW, Mercedes, and many other European, Japanese, and American companies.

In a way, this car is a great predecessor to the BMW X6.
In today's crazy SUV/crossover craze, it makes sense to add that forgotten pioneer model, and best of all, the unique style of this car is more fun than existing SUVs and 4x4s.
It would definitely be funnier to see a boxy, 80's-style coupe racing alongside a Land Rover or Bronco. (In what category should this car be classified in the first place? 4x4 and Offroads? Or Retro Rally?)

Here is an even better car. Its name is Mega Track.
This supercar, once created by Aixam, was one of the few supercars in the world that was designed from the start for off-roading.

My favourite thing about the Track is how deceptively huge it is:
mega-track.jpg

The wheels look like 16s but they're actually 20", and it weighs a similar amount to modern SUVs like the Aston DBX, around twice what a McLaren F1 does. Because of that, despite having a Mercedes V12 in it, it's about as fast in a straight line as something like the Mazda Familia GT-R from the car pass, so would probably be solidly in class C. It's a full four seater inside too, with big plush chairs - they went to the maximum level of contrast on all fronts.

View attachment 1251672
And from the non-high performance models, let's not forget the AMC Eagle SX/4.

View attachment 1251675

It's obvious what's special about this car.
They created the coupe-style crossover before BMW, Mercedes, and many other European, Japanese, and American companies.

In a way, this car is a great predecessor to the BMW X6.
In today's crazy SUV/crossover craze, it makes sense to add that forgotten pioneer model, and best of all, the unique style of this car is more fun than existing SUVs and 4x4s.
It would definitely be funnier to see a boxy, 80's-style coupe racing alongside a Land Rover or Bronco. (In what category should this car be classified in the first place? 4x4 and Offroads? Or Retro Rally?)

I need the Eagle SX/4 in Forza... As the technical owner of an AMC Eagle, this would come full circle for me.

A wood panelled AMC Eagle wagon has been on my bucket list of cars I wanna see in a game, and let's be honest Forza is probably the only one it'd make an appearance in.
I would vouch for that too. Car Detailing Simulator (which isn't great, and looks really cheap imo) has one in two variants, under the surname Candel Virgo and Candel Virgo Wood. It's on IGCD and I contributed those entries.
1682706287996.png

Surprisingly it looks just like its irl model, just with different name. It even has its own interior.

Last edited:
Something that always strikes me as odd about FH in general is how almost every interior is black. Even cars with oddball interior colors have them painted black most of the time. The most bizarre example to me is the r390 road car which is supposed to have a red interior, but doesn't in FH5? Rather confusingly, it has the correct interior color in FM4.

Back