Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,953 comments
I'm still at odds as to why they ditched the metallic paint option that was present in FM1 through to the first Horizon. Would make life way, way easier.
FM1 is like the Library of Alexandria, a treasure trove of lost heritage.

Race spec rear bumper, custom taillights, odd models like the Solara and Altima, unique engine swap options like the RB25DET, no unicorns/exclusive cars, but a classic and proper progression system that requires you to unlock the car yourself, Better damage representation, and...CR-X side skirts.

Indeed, which is a shame since I'd love for all of that to come back. The Tommi Makinen Evo VI and the Impreza RS were another two that were cut which stick out to me.

I did have to chuckle during the marketing push for FH5 when they touted paintable brake calipers as a new feature... completely ignoring that FM1 and 2 had this before it disappeared for some reason. Another stand out was the amount of Manufacturer Logos. They've had more or less the same since FM3 (and out of date with a lot of the logos used as a result i.e. OMP) but the first two had tons for a huge range of parts, including some pretty obscure ones.

Last edited:
Do you play with HDR enabled?
I say this because the oranges I see with HDR enabled and reasonably tuned are plenty vibrant already, so I’m curious.
Definitely not, my plasma tv is probably about a decade old at this point so it most likely doesn't support HDR. Would it be worth the switch?

FM1 is like the Library of Alexandria, a treasure trove of lost heritage.
...unique engine swap options like the RB25DET...

The RB25 swap was actually just the R32 GT-R's RB26DETT mislabelled. Turn10 have a long tradition of getting swap names wrong, like the 'Prelude S' swap in FM3 that was in fact a K24 from a CR-V, or the Subaru-linked '3.0L F6' swap in FM7 that's not-so-secretly a 3.8-litre Porsche 997 Carrera S motor.

image.jpg

Not bad of a list. I'm starting to have good hope for the PG devs' capabilities in the future.

The RS6 and the STO would most likely shush some (0.00003245%) of the kiddies spamming Playground's social media with "pWeAsE bWiNg DiS hYpErCaR tO fOrZa" in their comment sections.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the game director leaving with a bunch of employees a while back, maybe they brought in some fresh talent?
The work on the expansions may have hindered Playground's ability to release NTF cars on a monthly basis, assuming that less devs may be available to help code the physics, work on the model and negotiate licenses for more NTF cars. Everything before Series 19 was mostly composed of playlist-exclusive recycled cars till the expansions were done off their bucket list.

Also, the Oval's permanent.

Last edited:
The RS6 is a... choice. The other 3 are great though.

Edit: Not saying the RS6 is bad, far from it, but it does stick out compared to the other 3.

Last edited:
One thing to notice is that the 935 and Mission R were originally seen from FM8. Another centerpiece would be the new oval circuit around the stadium, so this looks like a bit of foreshadowing...

Not bad of a list. I'm starting to have good hope for the PG devs' capabilities in the future.
WOAH hey did the floodgates open or something? The new cars have been great lately.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the game director leaving with a bunch of employees a while back, maybe they brought in some fresh talent?

Deep down I was kinda hoping for the RS6, that one's gonna be fun to photograph!

My question is: why are they suddenly going so hard on the new cars? It's not like I'm complaining but it's just a bit odd.

Last edited:
Woah, two Great updates in a row for cars.
So Audi have all the RS Line Updated now, execpt for the SUVs (RSQ8 ecc). Nice done.
The Two Porsches are quite cool indeed :-D

Oh boy that Eventlab thingie is going to be painful on lesser consoles...
Deep down I was kinda hoping for the RS6, that one's gonna be fun to photograph!

My question is: why are they suddenly going so hard on the new cars? It's not like I'm complaining but it's just a bit odd.
Probably to gain positive attention from the Youtube/Reddit whiners that recently popped up everywhere. I personally would prefer some more "pedestrian" cars to be added, but I'm not complaining either way.

Edit: Overlanding modifications for the next series? Oh yeah, more offroad stuff coming!

Last edited:

It could be related to Motorsport. Most car-related work for FM is probably done by now and maybe that's the reason they can shift some of the resources to convert cars to Horizon.

I feel like the whiners really came in around the time of fh4's launch; but I'm hoping the car choices here are foreshadowing for a certain motorsport game...

A new-to-Forza NASCAR homologation model (e.g. '69 Ford Torino Talladega, '86 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2) would have been a nice addition with the oval, but I certainly don't mind this quartet of absolute bangers from the Volkswagen Group. And I'm quite keen to see what the overlanding modifications will entail, and whether or not the new cars will have any connection (COUGHFJCruiserCOUGHMercedesSprinter4x4COUGH).

Last edited:
I dare those naysayers to say this is an "awful" update, cause it's not. This one is going to be just as epic as the last one, which is incredible! I really want PG to keep up with this! Love the new cars and that oval track!! :D:D:D

As much as the RS6 sticks out in this company, I’m so happy it’s finally here! Now gimme RSQ8 with the facelift R8 and no one will get hurt :D

And while I would’ve liked the AMG BS instead of one of the Porks, both of them are awesome and great to have, plus the BS has to come soon :D

Overall another great update, I wonder how long they’ll keep it up for, the next one seems intriguing and interesting so we’ll see what’s what :D

Last edited:
A new-to-Forza NASCAR homologation model (e.g. '69 Ford Torino Talladega, '86 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2) would have been a nice addition with the oval, but I certainly don't mind this quartet of absolute bangers from the Volkswagen Group. And I'm quite keen to see what the overlanding modifications will entail, and whether or not the new cars will have any connection (COUGHFJCruiserCOUGH).
Camper shells, Roof Racks/Boxes?

Two banger updates in a row? Also what are those overlanding mods you mention? (If they showed them on stream)

Last edited:
Back