Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
To clarify, I'm counting to the release date for the regular version of FH5 for us Game Pass peasants (November 9)

And this would be for the Premium edition owners! (November 5)
Fair enough,but I i will til the day I get it.
1633829980485.png

We really only 26 days away from this launching? Man time has gone fast since the reveal.

I feel like there is still quite a bit we don't know, especially about some marketed features like EventLab and New Customization. And the car list of course

Curious to see if PG have any surprises left up their sleeves or not. Not long to find out now!
We've also got the soundtrack reveal in by next week (October 18/19) too.

“Nightlights” makes me think of something related to street-racing. Maybe it’ll be a expansion with a focus on it?
My guess is that it's an expansion to add a new map with a modern city like Surfer's Paradise in FH3.
I've seen several calls for such a modern city since FH4's location was in the UK.
Adding such a city to the main map may be difficult due to the hardware specs, but it may be possible to add it as a small independent map as an expansion.
And since these modern cities don't exist in the FH5 map, it would be very expansion-like in terms of adding new locations to the game.

My guess is that it's an expansion to add a new map with a modern city like Surfer's Paradise in FH3.
I've seen several calls for such a modern city since FH4's location was in the UK.
Adding such a city to the main map may be difficult due to the hardware specs, but it may be possible to add it as a small independent map as an expansion.
And since these modern cities don't exist in the FH5 map, it would be very expansion-like in terms of adding new locations to the game.
I could definitely see a "Urban" expansion with a map just entirely metro based roads.

PG have been pretty clear they'll never do that for a full FH game, but as an expansion I could see it working, just like PG will never do a full FH Hot Wheels game, but as a standalone DLC, it's doable.

The progression in it could be very NFS style with you starting off in a slower tuner car (Mazda 323 that's been on the leaked car list perhaps? Honda Civic EG return?) and working your way up the classes. Again something they will likely stay away from in the main game.

They could introduce new upgrades and popular upgrade features in something like this as well. Air suspension, New Forza Aero, Tire Lettering, Paintable windowshields etc.

I guess this sort of expansion doesn't really tie into Mexico very well. But then again, did Blizzard Mountain make a lot of sense in Australia? (Yes.. I know it snows there. But let's be real. Is Aussie known for its snow?) Did Fortune Island make a lot of sense in the UK? Certainly moreso than Blizzard Mountain but if PG were going for something that made perfect sense based on the location of the mainland, the Isle of Mann would be the logical choice.

What has me more curious is the Project Uspide Down. To me its clearly a Stranger things reference, but these codenames seem so ambigious it could be a reference to a lot of different things.

Last edited:
I could definitely see a "Urban" expansion with a map just entirely metro based roads.

PG have been pretty clear they'll never do that for a full FH game, but as an expansion I could see it working, just like PG will never do a full FH Hot Wheels game, but as a standalone DLC, it's doable.

The progression in it could be very NFS style with you starting off in a slower tuner car (Mazda 323 that's been on the leaked car list perhaps? Honda Civic EG return?) and working your way up the classes. Again something they will likely stay away from in the main game.

They could introduce new upgrades and popular upgrade features in something like this as well. Air suspension, New Forza Aero, Tire Lettering, Paintable windowshields etc.

I guess this sort of expansion doesn't really tie into Mexico very well. But then again, did Blizzard Mountain make a lot of sense in Australia? (Yes.. I know it snows there. But let's be real. Is Aussie known for its snow?) Did Fortune Island make a lot of sense in the UK? Certainly moreso than Blizzard Mountain but if PG were going for something that made perfect sense based on the location of the mainland, the Isle of Mann would be the logical choice.

What has me more curious is the Project Uspide Down. Clearly a Stranger things reference, but these codenames seem so ambigious it could be a reference to a lot of different things.
"Project Upside Down" can also have something to do with Australia, whether it can be a limited Australian Car Pack (More Holdens/FPVs) or a Horizon 3 throwback.

Seems like Playground gave access to a preview build of FH5 and the embargo dropped today - Easy Allies have a video on it.

Biggest thing to come out of this is BMW is indeed present in the preview build - that's the last unknowable.

08c43b83b5b2cb683d7464096fbe66ca.png

Player character talking confirmed by Bloodworth.

Tutorial is cut down significantly from FH4 - Bloodworth says that it's one Showcase, a choice between two Horizon Stories (one basically describing photo mode, the other Barn Finds) Barn Find story seemingly has you driving a truck to deliver the barn find back to the Festival (?!) and then the map unlocks wholesale. Preview build ended after getting enough points for first house.

Bloodworth doesn't know if this is a thing from FH4 or not (I don't remember it, so I'm guessing it's new) but Smash Boards now play music as an audio cue to lead you towards them.

Trailblazer is now in the main game, and not restricted to the expansions.

Last edited:
Jalopnik preview.

Playground’s touted hundreds of new cosmetic and performance-related upgrades for FH5, and I think what’s been added will please fans. There are loads of new rims, particularly from O.Z. and Work. Among them is O.Z.’s white-and-red Rally Racing set — a personal favorite of mine and a style the franchise has historically lacked. You can now fit seven-, eight-, nine- and even ten-speed transmissions, and powertrain swaps now support twin-charging, which is fantastic and absurd all at once.

On the flip side, many longtime Forza customization bugbears remain. The color picker is still god awful, requiring the player to tweak RGB sliders for non-glossy paint. Brake calipers still can’t be painted. Fine-tuning track width is impossible with the clumsy three positions offered, aftermarket exhaust pipes still can’t be equipped and front and rear rims can’t be chosen separately. I asked Brown if Forza could one day add a decal uploader like GT Sport has, which would save artists a great deal of time and greatly enhance the quality of custom liveries. While he called it a good suggestion, he said that there was nothing to announce on that front. I’ll hold out hope for Motorsport, then.

IGN posted side by side comparison of Quality vs performance modes.

Performance mode still looks great, but a few things I have noticed, Ambient Occlusion, and Shadows are better in Quality Mode. Lighting and shaders on cars overall looks slightly better in Quality Mode. Performance mode has lower quality motion blur, but balanced out by a shorter shutter speed so there is less motion blur overall (FH4 does the same thing with motion blur on One X Quality/Performance mods)

Jalopnik: "Brake calipers still can't be painted."
Mike Brown: "You can paint brake calipers."

So... which one is it? Or are the folks at Jalopnik just not aware it is a preview build, not final?

Noticed that some cars, namely the Aston Martin Vantage GT12, the 2018 Mercedes AMG E63S, the Ferrari LaFerrari, are not buyable in the Autoshow. Crap, those are cars that I want to own and they could be hidden away in wheelspins or online prizes or, worst of all, the auction house. Of course, it isn't the final build but something tells me that's not something that'll change, as they've done it before.

I like how FE cars finally have that proper custom feel to them instead of the tired car+livery+forza aero formula. That FE CLK-GTR is absolute 🔥!

Edit: Racing Monkey uploaded Valhalla footage. It's a V6. Whew!

Last edited:
Now, I didn't want to see any spoilers about the map or the story, so I watched very few videos of the preview build and got only the information I needed from screenshots here and on reddit.

The new customization has me very excited.
First, the new wheels. They've finally added a lot of rims to brands other than rotiform and HRE, and all the new rims added to American Racing and Work look great and are exactly what I was looking for.
And some new body kits. I'm especially excited about the RX7 body kit. I'm especially excited about the RX7 body kit because I finally have a widebody from a brand other than Rocket Bunny.
It's not that I dislike them, but I was fed up with the fact that We could only choose their wide body kits.

Another great news is that the performance upgrades now include transmissions such as 8-speed gears.
Hopefully we will get these upgrades as well as transmissions with fewer gears like 6 and 4 speed gears.
I've been waiting for these transmissions to be added to the game for a long time, because while the 10-speed transmissions in the F-150 and Ranger are great, they were too much for me.

It appears Black Pantha and Don Joewon Song have also played the early build too. they have tweeted out saying how good it is.

Last edited:
Is there a video out there that has a more in-depth look at all the new wheels? The few I've watched so far just skim over most of them. I've seen Work VS-XXs but I'm curious as to what else has been added.

I like how FE cars finally have that proper custom feel to them instead of the tired car+livery+forza aero formula. That FE CLK-GTR is absolute 🔥!

Edit: Racing Monkey uploaded Valhalla footage. It's a V6. Whew!
I just watched this and he sounds very excited.

[EDIT] Skip to 5:46 for brake calliper painting.

Last edited:
Back