Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
Did anyone else notice this? Daily challenges are now 7 days long instead of 3 days. I absolutely welcome this change as it makes it much easier to complete everything in a week when you go on holidays etc.

View attachment 1084287
This goes to show just how much PG listens and cares about the community. I too welcome this change as it lifts that heavy weight off your back when needing to complete said challenges before they expired. Man, PG and T10 (even MS) are so darn magnificent! 😍 👌

Forza Horizon 5 is no doubt going to be the BEST Horizon game created via cross gen. I can just feel it! 🤩

I know there are some things that can still be improved or changed about the series, but so far the only thing that's really disappointed me so far is the car list exclusions.

They've thrown some of the undercooked features and such with FH4 back in the oven, and have really shown that they're listening to the community on things from Horizon 4 that needed fixing or improvement. If EventLab turns out being really good, this game will probably keep my attention so much longer than H4 did. My main complaints (with H4) were always undercooked features and the engine sounds, and they've addressed both of these pretty well it seems like.

Also, the DeLorean is back. Enough said.

Weird. There were a few helmets in Horizon 4. I don’t see why they would get rid of them.
How many helmets were stand-alone helmets, as opposed to parts of a costume? Motocross helmets from the intro sequence come to mind, but that's FH4- specific.
I just have a gut feeling that helmets will reappear at some point.

How many helmets were stand-alone helmets, as opposed to parts of a costume? Motocross helmets from the intro sequence come to mind, but that's FH4- specific.
I just have a gut feeling that helmets will reappear at some point.
I noticed a selection for face covers. Maybe they decided to move helmets there for some reason...

A new Miata is possible! The ND2 Mazda MX-5 RF Club Edition. More powerful engine, new body style (RF), new body kit (Club edition). That warrants enough differences over the 2016 car to introduce a new model IMO, especially since retractable roofs are a hot new thing in FH5. They could also use machine grey as the new default colour (see picture below).

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Club

Thats not an official model from Mazda isnt it ?

Thats not an official model from Mazda isnt it ?
It is, the highest trims are the sportier Club Edition or else the more luxurious Grand Touring edition. Differences between both are explained here very well:

For obvious sportier looks, we need the Club edition in FH5, not the GT version. That underbody front spoiler makes the MX-5 look so much better IMO. Need that in-game on the RF model with the 181 BHP engine. Pretty please PG! 🙏

You mean multiple variants of a car, correct? Unless you wouldn't mind having both a regular C7 Stingray and a C7 Stingray Z51 Performance Package treated as two different cars.
Yes.

There seems to be a difficulty I've noticed, amongst the community, in grasping the difference between a new model, based on an existing model, also known as a variant, and a trim level for a certain model.

Rule of thumb: if you can't option your way from the base model to what you're looking at, it's a variant not a trim. And variants tend to have many enhancements that make their inclusion worthwhile.
I just assumed trim and variant could be terms used interchangeably, because other people have done that. What you call trim is just what I referred to as an option or package.

I’m fine with trims / editions / packages etc being “body kits“ in the game, as long as both cars have the same interior - since the Forza engine still doesn’t seem to allow different interior trim options. 🙄 It seems they have done that with the GR Supra Heritage Edition. I think the BMW M2 has a factory trim in Forza as well? Not sure but I think it’s the M2 Competition, but it’s not a single body kit, you need to apply each visual upgrade separately.

Still I think the MX-5 RF warrants being a separate car model because of the targa car body. It’s the same as the BMW i8, McLaren 720S, Lamborghini Aventador etc who all have both a coupé model and a spyder model in the game.

I just assumed trim and variant could be terms used interchangeably, because other people have done that. What you call trim is just what I referred to as an option or package.
I've been noticing it a lot, lately. All over Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, forums, people using the two terms interchangeably. It gets confusing, and a bit frustrating, because they seem, for example, to say a Lamborghini Huracan Performante is pointless because it's just a trim, when it's far from it. Car models and car trims are two different concepts.

I’m fine with trims / editions / packages etc being “body kits“ in the game, as long as both cars have the same interior - since the Forza engine still doesn’t seem to allow different interior trim options. 🙄 It seems they have done that with the GR Supra Heritage Edition. I think the BMW M2 has a factory trim in Forza as well? Not sure but I think it’s the M2 Competition, but it’s not a single body kit, you need to apply each visual upgrade separately.

Still I think the MX-5 RF warrants being a separate car model because of the targa car body. It’s the same as the BMW i8, McLaren 720S, Lamborghini Aventador etc who all have both a coupé model and a spyder model in the game.
Exactly. Trims, if they're available for our choice, should just be kits to add to a car.

As for the Mazda MX-5 RF, it should be a separate model because it is a separate model. Variants are the Miata and Miata RF, while 'Club' and 'Grand Touring' are trims.

Last edited:
Fun fact about the festival playlist timing :

November 5th - Start of “Season 0“ - Welcome Week (= a lightweight version of Spring with not much content)
November 5th - Launch of ultimate edition
November 9th - Launch of normal edition

November 11th - start of Season 1 - Welcome to Mexico (Summer)

November 18th - start of Season 1 - Welcome to Mexico (Autumn)

November 25th - start of Season 1 - Welcome to Mexico (Winter)

December 2nd - start of Season 1 - Welcome to Mexico (Spring)

December 9th - start of Season 2 - Christmas themed (Summer)

December 16th - start of Season 2 - Christmas themed (Autumn)

December 23rd - start of Season 2 - Christmas themed (Winter)
December 25th - Xmas

December 30th - start of Season 2 - Christmas themed (Spring)

That’s right. They listened to our feedback in 2018 and timed it in such a way that Xmas in real life is now during winter season in FH5. I would even bet that has influenced the launch day as well. :)

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice this? Daily challenges are now 7 days long instead of 3 days. I absolutely welcome this change as it makes it much easier to complete everything in a week when you go on holidays etc.

View attachment 1084287
It is more likely that is the time remaining to complete all 7 challenges and not the daily. Hence why the one below it says 'active in.'

Looking at the license plates, I guess Playground Games are keeping the UK plates in Forza Horizon 5.
Here's a thought... Could it be that they might have made it so that you can choose what type of plate to use on your cars but have kept it a secret? 💡

Imagine if you had the choice of Mexico, UK, France, Italy, Colorado. They obviously have the designs all there and available to use 🤔

So....The Delorean is an exclusive car then yes? It won't appear at launch?
My guess is that Series 1 will be ready at launch and the DeLorean will be technically in the game, you just won't be able to get it until the season change.

And told you so about Mazda and BMW. All that worrying for nothing.
I was never worried about BMW and Mazda, I was thinking that Playground were keeping them under wraps for a new car reveal and announcing all the cars there. And to think, that MX-5 RF (hardtop) that they showed before the DeLorean announcement would've been a fine addition. Fingers crossed for new Bimmers...

Last edited:
That's not what I expected, adding in a big-deal Aston Martin weeks after they already announced the manufacturer's included cars roster. Maybe we're getting more new cars than we think?
forzamotorsport.net
Below are the vehicles we’re confirming today to be in Forza Horizon 5 on day one and to reaffirm, we’ll have even more cars and manufacturers to add as we get closer to launch.
From the above it doesn't sound like you can take a manufacturer list as absolute confirmation that no other cars from that marque will be in the game, even on day one. Maybe, like Tommy Bargains, they're involved in some last minute deals.

Last edited:
Every time a concept is introduced into the Forza franchise I hold out hope that they'll start adding some older concept cars, too -- the Ford GT90, Jaguar XJ13, AMC AMX III, Mercedes-Benz C111, Chevrolet Aerovette, Dodge M4S, Alfa Romeo Carabo, ... yeah, this got real wishlisty real fast, my bad.

Back