Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,954 comments
I enjoyed doing some tuning for the Trial this week. The first car I tried was the M-B 1954 300 SL Coupe. I went for RWD drag tyres, and won all 3 races in the Trial. My times for the first two races were 3:18 and 2:47. There was another human in the 1968 Ferrari 365 GTB4 who was very close to me in the first race, but well behind in the second race, so I thought I'd give that car a try as well. I went with stock tyres this time, and developing the tune on Copper Canyon Sprint rivals it proved to be 5 seconds faster than the M-B (3:07 vs 3:12), so I gave the Trial another go. I won both races again, with the team managing to win the second race this time, and my times were 3:16 and 2:50, so the Ferrari is better for speed, but the M-B better for handling, as you'd expect from the choice of stock tyres vs drag tyres for the two builds. I've shared the tunes for both cars if anyone wants to give them a try. You might want to have TC on unless you're confident in your throttle control out of slow corners.

Edit: After talking to someone else about what cars he'd been trying, and his times for Riviera Sprint, I tried both my cars for rivals on that track, and have replaced my M-B shared tune with a faster one, it's now faster than the Ferrari for that track.

riviera sprint 700 rivals.jpg

Last edited:
There's probably something to this - any Hot Wheels seasonal that allows the i-Pace usually has one rocketing out into the lead at speeds that the vehicle absolutely can't manage. Get past, and it generally just slides into a wall and drops way back.

It sounds like that's a Cross-Country championship though, and they just have broken AI in general. I pretty much stopped doing them when I realised that I never enjoyed the racing, and after noticing that opponent cars identical to my bone stock car happened to have offroad race tyres on them for 'free', with no PI bump. Not worth bothering at that point, when it's an uphill struggle sliding around when they have grip, on top of the AI already getting silly speed boosts and being unaffected by water, walls, and heavy landings if they get far enough ahead of you.
AI and Extreme E electric vehicles is a lethal combination in Cross-Country. This wascally wabbit in P1 might as well have been driven by Bugs Bunny himself for all the chance I had to catch up with it.

ec2569b9-4317-4f54-9c48-f7f0db9a498c.png

At least it wasn't Urban Cross-Country with the one-lap race bug from S10...

Last edited:
Guys, when racing Extreme E in cross country races you have to adjust the final drive of the electric motor to increase top speed. Otherwise by default you get blown away by AI in the Extreme E (I guess their top speed final drive is automatically adjusted).

Just increase the top speed and you can easily keep up with and overtake the AI.

Guys, when racing Extreme E in cross country races you have to adjust the final drive of the electric motor to increase top speed. Otherwise by default you get blown away by AI in the Extreme E (I guess their top speed final drive is automatically adjusted).

Just increase the top speed and you can easily keep up with and overtake the AI.
It's not really a big deal... they're only ahead on certain poorly designed tracks and I used someone else's tune anyway.

My advice is to make sure the torque line touches the right edge without going past it, and work from there.

This is where we all yell "Come to me my beloved Stelvio Quadrifoglio", isn't it?

Edit: The stelvio clover badge is awful:
1691507274524.png

Last edited:
I doubt only 4 will return, but I've been wrong before. That's basically 1 per brand, which just comes off as something impossible to do... Like, which Alfa do you add if you only add one, and why is it the wrong one?

I doubt only 4 will return, but I've been wrong before. That's basically 1 per brand, which just comes off as something impossible to do... Like, which Alfa do you add if you only add one, and why is it the wrong one?
I hope I'm wrong too but given the one new car per week format of past seasons it's not an impossibility. I figure we should know for sure next week when ¡Let's Go! returns.

Last edited:
I think in worst case we get 5 playlist cars (20 points per season, 80 or 160 points total), plus a new story with 2-4 cars, maybe 1 per brand. So I'd vote 7-9 minimum.

Four cars in photo... @Jordan you need to implement a 🙏🏽 reaction (alongside the 🤦🏻‍♂️ one for other posts) in the next update.

Just kidding.

Last edited:
7v8m0n.jpg

Seriously though, after Giuseppe hinting at the deluge of requests for the missing Stellantis cars, there's no way they'd do us like that and risk more Forza fan fury. (Right?)

Last edited:
New to Forza cars, I'm speculating the Guilia GTAm, 2023 Abarth 500E, Abarth 500E Scoripionissima or the Alfa Romeo Tonale
I don't see any new abarths coming honestly. Since it is Italian themed, it could have a Roma or a 296 GTB, maybe the MC20 alongside the Alfa GTAm and the Battista. The Tonale could work too. These could work for new cars, but this could just be a filler update that brings back all the missing cars, mainly because they have good momentum to coast on.

I don't see any new abarths coming honestly. Since it is Italian themed, it could have a Roma or a 296 GTB, maybe the MC20 alongside the Alfa GTAm and the Battista. The Tonale could work too. These could work for new cars, but this could just be a filler update that brings back all the missing cars, mainly because they have good momentum to coast on.
Since they seem to look at the Car voting topics, the most requested (unreleased) Italian cars are:

Fiat Uno 1983-95 1191 votes
Bugatti Bolide 942 votes
Maserati MC20 891 votes
Fiat Multipla 2022 827 votes
Ferrari Roma 667 votes
Ferrari 296 595 votes
DeTomaso Pantera 557 votes
Lamborghini Revoluto 2024 527 votes
Lambo Countach 515 votes
Ferrari Daytona SP3 2023 437 votes

If they want to be cheeky, they could do the Suzuki Cappuccino (543 votes) as well for a name pun. This is also assuming the Giulia (729 votes) comes back

Last edited:
Back