Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,953 comments
I got severe Forza fatigue around March of last year and didn't pick the game up for three months so I'm missing around twelve cars from the grand total.

That's fair, I understand. There were updates that were definitely more busywork than others, but I'll admit I have not yet hit sheer fatigue that'd make me want to drop the game just yet. To be honest, as of late, I've been using the game as an escape method from the rest of everything going on behind my screen. I won't detail further, but, uh, yeah. Rough times right now. Life hard, cars soft, or something.

That's fair, I understand. There were updates that were definitely more busywork than others, but I'll admit I have not yet hit sheer fatigue that'd make me want to drop the game just yet. To be honest, as of late, I've been using the game as an escape method from the rest of everything going on behind my screen. I won't detail further, but, uh, yeah. Rough times right now. Life hard, cars soft, or something.
You and me both, brother.

@TGR55: @Jake just dropped a video on your leak post.

(@Edax 76: OMG 1:55 😅)

That's amazing, I love it. Top man @Jakexvx . @UKMikey you're famous bud, can I have your autograph please.

To be fair though, although @Jakexvx might sound like Bet Lynch I think he could be Michael Dawson's younger brother......

Michael Dawson
Screenshot_20230816-211951~2.png

Last edited:
F3qlLOJXgAE-oeh.jpg

F3qlPTNWYAAoPv5.jpg

image (35).png

It looks like Microsoft will be releasing a new Forza mobile game despite the critics of Forza Street.

This is an off-topic topic, but what's worth noting is the fact that we can see some new bodykits and rims in the game.
The rims in particular are different from the Forza Street ones and it looks like they've actually licensed an aftermarket brand and added their new rims.
(If you look at the Mustang image at original size, you can clearly see that the TSW logo is on the rim, not the logo of a fictional brand, and their rims haven't been added since FM4. Also, Black Rhino is a real life manufacturer of off-road wheel for 4x4s and SUVs. Naturally, their rims are not available in FH5.)

Well, of course this game is not developed by Playground Games. However, it was not uncommon in the Forza franchise for different developers to share assets such as cars and rims.
Well, I also think it's unlikely, but is it possible that these rims and bodykits will be available in a future update of FH5?

Last edited:
View attachment 1280658
View attachment 1280659
View attachment 1280660

It looks like Microsoft will be releasing a new Forza mobile game despite the critics of Forza Street.

This is an off-topic topic, but what's worth noting is the fact that we can see some new bodykits and rims in the game.
The rims in particular are different from the Forza Street ones and it looks like they've actually licensed an aftermarket brand and added their new rims.
(If you look at the Mustang image at original size, you can clearly see that the TSW logo is on the rim, not the logo of a fictional brand, and their rims haven't been added since FM4. Also, Black Rhino is a real life manufacturer of off-road wheel for 4x4s and SUVs. Naturally, their rims are not available in FH5.)

Well, of course this game is not developed by Playground Games. However, it was not uncommon in the Forza franchise for different developers to share assets such as cars and rims.
Well, I also think it's unlikely, but is it possible that these rims and bodykits will be available in a future update of FH5?
Well... the next Series is called Horizon Creatives, and the game itself is called Forza Customs... Wonder if there'll be some cross-promo next month?

Last edited:
View attachment 1280658
View attachment 1280659
View attachment 1280660

I think I'd take this with a grain of salt. Mobile developers are notorious for using other logos and gameplay footage from other games in their ads. I've seen it many times.

While that developer has done quite a bit of racing games, unless it's been officially announced by Microsoft, I wouldn't take this at much.

Thanks. There was just a point around the release of the Mini Cooper FE when I didn't see the point of logging in to do the same thing every week so I put the game down in favour of other things for a while. Since I came back I've really had no problems staying engaged nowadays.

I think the post-Mike Brown era has been more exciting for car releases and activities (not necessarily through any fault of his) and taking part in the GTP community is more than enough to keep my interest in Horizon at a maximum.
No problem. I would admit that I too sort of had a fatigue as well during the Mike Brown era. But ever since Torben took over the main spot, things has become more fun and engaging!

I'm glad things have gotten better now. It'd be even better if PG did came to GTP to hang out with us. :D

View attachment 1280658
View attachment 1280659
View attachment 1280660

I think I'd take this with a grain of salt. Mobile developers are notorious for using other logos and gameplay footage from other games in their ads. I've seen it many times.

While that developer has done quite a bit of racing games, unless it's been officially announced by Microsoft, I wouldn't take this at much.

View attachment 1280658
View attachment 1280659
View attachment 1280660

I don't know what I'm talking about so take it with a grain of salt, but maybe the customization pieces included here could be a teaser for what's to come in FM8. (not my screenshot)

Attachments

• F3q7iBubkAAHARs.png
    F3q7iBubkAAHARs.png
    312.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I think the customs and creations wording is being taken too far. As far as the series 25 sneak peak looks, the next update looks centered more so on blueprint creations with the revamp being called blueprint 2.0. I mean I could be wrong but im thinking we will get a random mix of cars and a major overhaul of blueprint mode for creation purposes....

I bought the premium edition for $60 on sale a couple months back, but I left it in the back burner… until now. Figured that with the returning cars now was a good time to change that and jump in.

I also joined the GTP club; y’all are free to add me: FerrariFan24

Yeah I think next month will be fully eventlab focused - pushing the new features PG has added and overhauled.

As much as I'd love more customization, don't think we'll see any next month.

I'm also expecting a lot less cars than 23, too!

I bought the premium edition for $60 on sale a couple months back, but I left it in the back burner… until now. Figured that with the returning cars now was a good time to change that and jump in.
It is a good time, in more ways than one. You'll be able to do what we all wished we could've done - complete Rally Adventure in Lancia cars.

Of course there's nothing to stop us veterans running the DLC again but I don't think my enthusiasm for the game goes quite that far.

Last edited:
When I was taking photos of the 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo, I noticed that the original stock decal quality is a bit blurry/pixelated. This doesn't happen on the Essenza SCV12. Probably just me.

Forza Horizon 5 (2002).png

But still, the Super Trofeo Evo looks AND SOUNDS insane!

Forza Horizon 5 (2004).png

Forza Horizon 5 (2005).png

Took the Lancias out to Sierra Nueva, took the Alfa Romeos out for a cruise, took the Italian Exotics out for a rip, and man, I gotta say it's been the most fun I've had in Horizon for a while. Just about shed a tear while doing some rallying in my Delta, because man it just felt like a wrong had been made right after all this time. I can already tell that this upcoming series is going to be a blast and it hasn't even started yet.

Also, major props to the sound team for the Exotics. Those guys seriously deserve a raise for the sound quality of the Essenza and Super Trofeo Evo alone. I can't name many other cars in the game with such meaty gear shifts and whines, aside from the recently added Pagani Huayra R (give them a raise for that one too). Perhaps with these being race cars, it could be a teaser of the sound upgrades we'll hear in Forza Motorsport.

Complete BS. There is no way the lead dev would crow on about MS supposedly holding them back on the kind of content they want in the game, but then allow them to make an expansion that just happens to be what everyone wants with a supposed higher age rating than the base game (which I don't think is even possible).

Also, they wouldn't give an intern that amount of info, in particular one who was supposed to just do social media management. As a final aside, there's no way the game would run at the level PG want it to if there was RT reflections during gameplay, especially the Series S; RE8 offered raytracing on the Series S, which was admirable, but made the framerate tank hard. I think PG would do a better job optimising being a MS studio after all, but I don't think it'd be possible.

0/10

Last edited:
When I was taking photos of the 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo, I noticed that the original stock decal quality is a bit blurry/pixelated. This doesn't happen on the Essenza SCV12. Probably just me.

The Huracan is almost definitely unused FM7 DLC content, it was created at least a few years ago but never released, potentially 4+ years. The Essenza is obviously new content, as the real car isn't all that old, and really shows the improving standards for the quality of their art.

So look into the rear view mirror, we can mostly reckon this is fake right?

Some of it was already provably false when it was first posted, and even more is now. That first expansion certainly didn't look much like a city to me!

Some of it was already provably false when it was first posted, and even more is now. That first expansion certainly didn't look much like a city to me!
That loop ended up higher in the air than our roving reporter predicted if the expansion is anything to go by.

It'd be funny if PG suspected him of being a mole due to his constant questions and poking around and purposely held fake meetings and fed him BS just to troll and prank him. :lol:

If not, though, then if Maverick's first game is rated Teen and is set in a city we'll know where those ideas went, lol.

7e8469e82eb105663f7fb4f51c877770bf76a114.jpg

Last edited:
The 33S was a very strong car A class car in FH4, and I'm told the word is that it's very strong in FH5 too. There look to be quite a few different build options from good tuners, and I decided to go for one of the AWD builds with offroad race tyres to try first, choosing KapienPL's tune out of the several similar ones available with the same tyres.

It's undoubtedly very good, I did my best time for Caldera Scramble, but I suspect the Willys Jeep is still better and accounts for at least some of the gap to rocklxd, though I haven't tried that car myself.

caldera scramble 800 rivals.jpg

I'm going to leave that tune on that copy of the car and buy another copy to try one of the RWD tarmac tunes on, which means I need to leave my dog playing rivals for me to get another 3m credits. My dog needs a bit of a rest having played the game for 20 hours straight to get me the money for the first 33S ( ).

Thanks for the test results.
My dog needs a bit of a rest having played the game for 20 hours straight to get me the money for the first 33S
Dogs are getting smarter all the time judging by the way next door's likes to do his business on my lawn.

Last edited:
Dogs are getting smarter all the time judging by the way next door's keeps doing his business on my lawn.
That is smart 😮. Business is usually conducted in offices. Where does the dog file his paperwork or stop the morning dew shorting out the I.T?

Back