Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,955 comments
I will note because the speedtrap was discussed quite a bit here, as an unfortunately temporary per storefront region restrictions newer player, I've managed to pass it via the Forzathon shop FXX, which I've then tuned and spent quite a bit trying to use it for the speedlimit to the point of ruining the gearbox to focus on acceleration, until actually managing to do it by merely converting the FXX to AWD, it ended up being quite simple after that. Likewise for the Danger Jump. And generally having obtained both the temporary 155 and S4 quite easily afterwards as a result.

Last edited:
News from Gamescom:

In honor of Porsche’s 75th anniversary and their partnership with Xbox and the Forza franchise, fans are also invited to visit the Xbox booth to see a custom-wrapped 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S with 6 custom Xbox Series X consoles. Forza Horizon 5 players can download the car featuring that same livery today from the Message Center

News from Gamescom:

In honor of Porsche’s 75th anniversary and their partnership with Xbox and the Forza franchise, fans are also invited to visit the Xbox booth to see a custom-wrapped 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S with 6 custom Xbox Series X consoles. Forza Horizon 5 players can download the car featuring that same livery today from the Message Center
Oh look another gifted Taycan, I have 6 now, I think.

News from Gamescom:

I try to never complain about free stuff, but Christ, another damn Taycan? :crazy:

I imagine that Porsche themselves have some say in it, but there are scores of other Porsche cars in the game that they could choose.

Forza Horizon 5 players can download the car featuring that same livery today from the Message Center

IMG_9242.jpeg

To celebrate the 75th anniversary of Porsche, let's start off by getting 992 Turbo S/GT3 RS/718 Cayman GT4 RS/Cayenne Turbo GT/Panamera Sport Turismo into the game!

DONUT MEDIA - Donut Media Drift BMW E36

If this BMW were to be added, it would be the most valuable vehicle the collaboration with Donut Media has to offer the drift community.

Seriously, these BN Sport style bodykits are as popular as Rocket Bunny and Liberty Walk in real life.
To the drift community, these body kits are like the RWB in custom Porsches today, as a sort of "dress code" in that style.
However, Forza continues to ignore the potential demand for such bodykits. With the only exception being the S13, 240SX and AE86, which carry on the Xbox 360 era bodykits.

I got mine at least a week ago bud. I'm not sure why it's popped up on Twitter (X) now. The paint job on the car is almost Rainbow.
Oh, that one. I've had that for at least a couple of weeks. I thought this was yet another one.

As I'm a little ahead of schedule this week I've tuned an S1 Class Ferrari GTC4 for The Trial in S24 Autumn. I don't know how fast it is, comparatively, but it drives okay around the Horizon Festival Circuit - bit of low-speed understeer, I think, so if the tracks are compact it might struggle:

307 740 543

My Lancia Delta tune is perfect for this week's Forzathon. Look it up on my in game page, my Gamertag is Edax 76

Sorry I can't post the share code on here, still in work 😥

Edit : Share code is 119 227 665

Last edited:
Apparently QC is not part of the process as this week's photo challenge is borked. It says Apex Output in English, but the translation I have heard is worse in German.

Apparently QC is not part of the process
Standard, I'm afraid. Spelling and grammar errors are frequent, and in the early days there were even instances of terminological issues - Skill Score vs Skill Points, for example.

We had one only a few weeks ago for a skill that doesn't exist in this game (or rather it does, but it's in Spanish, not English).

Edit: Autumn of S22.

It says Apex Output in English
Yeah, I saved that one from their Twitter and screengrabbed it before the season went live just in case it changed. But it didn't.

Last edited:
Apparently QC is not part of the process as this week's photo challenge is borked. It says Apex Output in English, but the translation I have heard is worse in German.
The Japanese translation is worse.
It says "Shoot any Maserati, with Apex outfit".
I was able to avoid it because I saw the correct conditions on traxion.gg. However, other Japanese players will find it difficult to complete this challenge if they only look at the wrong clues in the game.

While they spare no effort to improve accessibility for people with disabilities (It's necessary, and I'm not going to deny the effort.), but it seems they don't care about improving accessibility for non-English speaking people.

Good to know all the hard work we put into getting a full guide to all the season change events up onto GTPlanet's front page and pinned in this forum in an hour or less is worthwhile...
I don’t read every post in this thread, but I do wonder if the feature you guys have where a news article is “sent” into an existing thread would be more engaging if the articles got shared here instead of their own individual threads 🙂

Maybe something to try out with next week’s?

Last edited:
I don’t read every post in this thread, but I do wonder if the feature you guys have where a news article is “sent” into an existing thread would be more engaging if the articles got shared here instead of their own individual threads 🙂

Maybe something to try out with next week’s?
We can, essentially, place an article-post wherever we want to, but in terms of the season changes it's of greater benefit to have them in their own thread - listed on the forum under "Newest Threads" for at least a couple of hours unless people are getting threadsy - as it gives three distinct places to shove it into your face for a click (main site page, newest threads, top of this forum) on it rather than one (main page) and one you can stumble on or would only see in a specific thread (this one).

I always drop the GT7 Daily Races thread into the large thread because it has a billion and six people using the watch function.

Good to know all the hard work we put into getting a full guide to all the season change events up onto GTPlanet's front page and pinned in this forum in an hour or less is worthwhile...
If it's any consolation I look forward to and read the guide each week bud.

I'm glad the PR stunts were a lot easier this week. Not as easy as the Rally Italian AWD championship where the AI were attempting to race supercars around the track instead of Deltas and Stratoses, though.

Last edited:
I'm glad the PR stunts were a lot easier this week. Not as easy as the Rally Italian AWD championship where the AI were attempting to race supercars around the track instead of Deltas and Stratoses, though.
Just done them in my tuned 512 Testarossa. Totally agree a lot easier than last week's.

For the Rally Italian all of us were in Urus'.

On the subject of Motorfest...

If its a good game it's a good game, I don't hate on things I haven't played. I was surprised to see how "Horizon like" Motorfest seemed to look like. I have no problem in the open world Tropical setting, Test Drive did that 5 years before Horizon ever did. It's just the actual aesthetic looks very Horizon inspired.

That being said, I don't think Horizon does as much with the "Festival" Setting that it could. I would love things like music concerts or famous music artists to meet around the world and generally things that make it seem more like a festival and special occasion than FH5 does. I love FH5 and it's one of my most played games ever but it doesn't do atmosphere like the older Horizons do.

So when I really think I about it, I'm please Motorfest is happening as competition will mean Horizon will need to improve in turn.

Last edited:
On the subject of Motorfest...

If its a good game it's a good game, I don't hate on things I haven't played. I was surprised to see how "Horizon like" Motorfest seemed to look like. I have no problem in the open world Tropical setting, Test Drive did that 5 years before Horizon ever did. It's just the actual aesthetic looks very Horizon inspired.

That being said, I don't think Horizon does as much with the "Festival" Setting that it could. I would love things like music concerts or famous music artists to meet around the world and generally things that make it seem more like a festival and special occasion than FH5 does. I love FH5 and it's one of my most played games ever but it doesn't do atmosphere like the older Horizons do.

So when I really think I about it, I'm please Motorfest is happening as competition will mean Horizon will need to improve in turn.
Those of us in the Motorfest closed beta last month put our thoughts in the thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-crew-motorfest-general-discussion.416168/

Personally while I think Motorfest is a big step forwards from The Crew 2 in terms of map quality, driving control and physics, I just couldn't get on with the game very well. The physics is still quite arcade and just lacks a lot of nuance compared to FH5, and on my Series X it didn't look anywhere near native 4k. Pretty, yes, but somehow a bit full of props to somehow hide the reduced resolution. I prefer the crisper and cleaner FH5 look and driving control/physics.

That said, it's still plenty of fun, just probably not for full price at launch. Maybe next year once Starfield and FM2023 have died down a bit.

Edit: Although Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown is out early next year and may actually be more of a real FH5 competitor (in terms of driving, looks, etc...). We will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Back